Chinese navy by end of 2019

Meghavan

2 Air craft carriers and 4 Type 55 destroyers are already in service.

Hari Sud

Country flag
These funny numbers of copied and stolen technology by the Chinese are OK.

But tell us that these funny ships can operate 4000 km away without support in Indian Ocean. They will be easy target for sinking and sink all that Chinese prestige.

Aghore_King

Country flag
Type 055 not yet in service nor the second AC..................................................................
Even after induction of these vessels, Chinks would be very ill trained to operate them efficiently.....they will need atleast a decade for developing SOPs, meanwhile we can sail direct to South China Sea or even engage Chinese Navy there as we are operating carrier since 60s and our crew is well trained.

jon88

Country flag
Chinks don't have training or guts to operate in Indian Ocean...
Sorry to rain on your parade but the Chinese Navy has been operating in the Indian Ocean for the last 15 years. At any one time, there are at the very least 3 large Chinese naval vessels in the Indian Ocean.

With the new Chinese base in Djibouti, larger Chinese naval presence is expected. If with future Gwadar base, even more will definitely be expected....maybe with Chinese Air Force too if you assume Gwadar comes with an air force base.

Malaysia and Singapore also provided Chinese Navy with logistical port of call too. Chinese submarines always call on Malaysian naval ports. After 5 years, the Chinese have practically just completed the massive Malacca port while Indian contract for Port Klang expansion have been terminated because it has not even started. Now, the Chinese have been invited to build the Port Klang expansion. Meanwhile in Singapore, Chinese warships regularly resupply side by side with American warships at the wharfs. I know, blows my mind too.

Then of course, there are the questions of Myanmar's Kyaukpyu port (which overlooks the Bay of Bengal and buffered by Bangladeshi territorial waters) and Sri Lanka's Hambantota and Colombo ports. Myanmar's Coco Island allegedly have been leased to be a Chinese listening base and Hambantota is ironically managed by Singapore but funded by China.

Sorry, the Chinese are not afraid of operating in the Indian Ocean and they have been doing exactly that for more than a decade. I am afraid you have been patriotic with your emotions without the benefit of your intellect. Just for your info.

Aghore_King

Country flag
Sorry to rain on your parade but the Chinese Navy has been operating in the Indian Ocean for the last 15 years. At any one time, there are at the very least 3 large Chinese naval vessels in the Indian Ocean.

With the new Chinese base in Djibouti, larger Chinese naval presence is expected. If with future Gwadar base, even more will definitely be expected....maybe with Chinese Air Force too if you assume Gwadar comes with an air force base.

Malaysia and Singapore also provided Chinese Navy with logistical port of call too. Chinese submarines always call on Malaysian naval ports. After 5 years, the Chinese have practically just completed the massive Malacca port while Indian contract for Port Klang expansion have been terminated because it has not even started. Now, the Chinese have been invited to build the Port Klang expansion. Meanwhile in Singapore, Chinese warships regularly resupply side by side with American warships at the wharfs. I know, blows my mind too.

Then of course, there are the questions of Myanmar's Kyaukpyu port (which overlooks the Bay of Bengal and buffered by Bangladeshi territorial waters) and Sri Lanka's Hambantota and Colombo ports. Myanmar's Coco Island allegedly have been leased to be a Chinese listening base and Hambantota is ironically managed by Singapore but funded by China.

Sorry, the Chinese are not afraid of operating in the Indian Ocean and they have been doing exactly that for more than a decade. I am afraid you have been patriotic with your emotions without the benefit of your intellect. Just for your info.
Dude, those are not naval bases, Chinese have not deployed their millatry assets on Gwadar or other bases, and even if we assume that they will deploy millatry assets there, these bases can be threatened with Missiles, just like Chinese are threatening American Bases in Dijbouti and Guam.
And i was not talking about bases, i was talking about Aircraft Carriers, with which , Chinese have no experience. Sending a ship or two to Indian Ocean means nothing, even Indian Navy regularly sends destroyers and frigates to SCS and Vietnam. And BTW, India is also developing ports and bases in Indonesia, Maldives and Seychelles too...

Aghore_King

Country flag
dude never underestimate ur enemy if we do the same fate os US they faced in Vietnam and Afgan waiting for us , always prepared for the worst ..
Agreed.....

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Sorry to rain in on your parade but the most the PLAN has done operating in the IOR is harassing Somali fisherman that were actually fishing. The Chinese CBG and SSNs have NEVER operated in the IOR much less leaving the protection of their coastal zone defence.

The base in Djibouti was granted to China for the purpose of combating piracy. If the Chinese ever get uppity there are a couple battalions of French soldiers a few clicks down the road that can straighten that out.

You can make a call at any port in the entire world, it is a free ocean to travel until you pay the docking fee. Why wouldn't a country take China's money? It is not like they are in an active state of war which would quickly change where China can park their boats.

Sorry, the Chinese are quite afraid to bring their multi-billion dollar capitol ships into the IOR for fear of losing them. As the Japanese discovered it is quite easy to detect them. I am afraid your ignorance of their activities has blinded you to a threat that doesn't truly exist. China looks good on paper but based on their deployments they are a brown water navy and only peak out into low threat environments like harassing Somali fishermen. Just for your info.

Meghavan

"After 5 years, the Chinese have practically just completed the massive Malacca port while Indian contract for Port Klang expansion have been terminated because it has not even started."

Classic India :lol:

Meghavan

It seems to me 2 type 55 cruisers are enough for entire IN surface fleet.

Ageis are powerful Ships.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Seems to me like a false-flagger porkistani dog who is sucking upto his chinese masters.
No, he can write and understand Hindi very well. He's either an Indian Muslim or communist.

By his posts on other threads, he sounds more like an anti India Indian Muslim. His bias, poor english and low level of knowledge comply with it very well as Indian communists are anti religious and educated (even though they are retarded).

Meghavan

No, he can write and understand Hindi very well. He's either an Indian Muslim or communist.

By his posts on other threads, he sounds more like an anti India Indian Muslim.
आर यु शुर अबाउट धेट ?

???????₹₹??????????

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles