Chinese navy by end of 2019

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
To operate and be a threat to india in Indian Ocean, for example Chinese naval has to travel 4000 km from home bases and be hostile to india. It is a tall order, especially when chinese are new to the naval game of Submarines and Aircraft carriers. Any loss of a vessel and crew will be a shock to Chinese prestige, hence for this reason they will not come.

Moreover ingress into Indian Ocean is only via one or two points I.e. Straits of Malacca where Indian Navy will be waiting for them at Andaman base for their hot reception or thru the narrow straits of Skunda in Indonesia where during hostilities the passage will be no go as Indonesia will not allow them.

Hence with current Indian Navy buildup, Chinese have no advantage, rather a great risk of defeat.
The Chinese are playing a long term game. They don't plan to show up tomorrow in the Indian ocean because, like you said, they don't have the capability to. But the fact that PLAN is rapidly expanding its size, skillset and capability will be more apparent 20 years down the line.

So instead of feeling happy at the current state of affairs where we have a clear advantage, we should rather plan to to take on the PLAN of the future. By 2040, PLAN would have a fleet ample enough in size such that they will be able to send a carrier strike group comparable to a US Navy strike group of the 1990s to Indian ocean. If we want to continue to hold an advantage over PLAN after 2040, we need to plan yesterday and should start implementation today itself.

Never underestimate your enemy.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Not sure, I gave probabilities. First of you being a Muslim in India and second one ya being communist.
I may be wrong by the way. Your sentence is sounding like transliteration from internet. You might be a paki.
He could be a Pakistani as well. These days they are learning Indian languages. Even there were news about Chinese learning Tamil.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The Chinese are playing a long term game. They don't plan to show up tomorrow in the Indian ocean because, like you said, they don't have the capability to. But the fact that PLAN is rapidly expanding its size, skillset and capability will be more apparent 20 years down the line.

So instead of feeling happy at the current state of affairs where we have a clear advantage, we should rather plan to to take on the PLAN of the future. By 2040, PLAN would have a fleet ample enough in size such that they will be able to send a carrier strike group comparable to a US Navy strike group of the 1990s to Indian ocean. If we want to continue to hold an advantage over PLAN after 2040, we need to plan yesterday and should start implementation today itself.

Never underestimate your enemy.
USN is undergoing massive rearmament of a scale unseen since Cold War era of Reagan! All Quad countries (USN,IN,JMSDF,RAN,etc) are massively rearming in face of Chinese threat. So don't jump to stupid conclusions!

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
USN is undergoing massive rearmament of a scale unseen since Cold War era of Reagan! All Quad countries (USN,IN,JMSDF,RAN,etc) are massively rearming in face of Chinese threat. So don't jump to stupid conclusions!
I would be very happy to know if I was indeed jumping to stupid conclusions. Sadly though, I don't think I am.

Please answer the following questions with a YES or NO. Depending on your answer to each of these questions, my replies will follow.

1. If the US and India were enemies the way China and India are today, do you think the US navy is capable enough such that it could have posed an existential threat to Indian Navy in Indian ocean?
  2. If the US and India were enemies the way China and India are today, do you think the Indian Navy would have been capable in deterring a single carrier battle group of the US Navy sailing in the Indian ocean?
  3. Do you think PLAN is capable of fielding a complete carrier battle group with a supercarrier in its own backyard (South China Sea) by 2030?
  4. Do you think a carrier battle group that PLAN will field in 2035 would be inferior to US Navy carrier battle group of today (in terms of equipment only)?
  5. Do you think PLAN is permanently unable of increasing the standard of its human resource training to bring it at par with Indian Navy standards?
  6. Do you think Indian Navy needs to upgrade its training standards to match those of US Navy?
  7. Do you think India should rely on other countries (namely the quad, US in particular) to save it in the event of a war with China?
  8. Do you think India should attempt to retain its superiority with respect to PLAN in the Indian ocean that India enjoys today?

Depending on whether or not you answered YES or NO to the questions above, following is my reply:-
  • If you answered NO to the first question, then you are incorrigible and I would not like to engage you any further in this discussion.
  • If you answered YES to the second question, please tell me the composition of the Indian fleet required.
  • If you answered NO to the third question, please refer to this: https://thediplomat.com/2018/01/china-kicks-off-construction-of-new-supercarrier/
  • If you answered YES to the fourth question, please provide a reason why.
  • If you answered YES to the fifth question, then I would like to remind you that before 1971, India too was thought of as an inexperienced carrier power incapable of ever using INS Vikrant in a war.
  • If you answered NO to the sixth question, then tell me if the sortie generation rate of a Nimitz class carrier manned by US Navy sailors will be same as when that same carrier is manned by Indian Navy sailors?
  • If you answered YES to the seventh question, then can you please tell me if if you also support a formal alliance between USA and India? Because anything other than that will not make US fight China to stop China from attacking India.
  • If you answered YES to the eighth question, I would like to remind you that the primary reason for that is the fact that the PLAN does not yet have enough assets to spare for matching Indian Naval fleet in size. But given the current pace of construction in both Navies, China can amass enough vessels to threaten Indian Navy in the future. You disagree? Then tell me why.
Please answer these questions so that I can get an insight into why you think the PLAN of the future is nothing to sweat about.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Le'me try:
Please answer the following questions with a YES or NO. Depending on your answer to each of these questions, my replies will follow.

1. If the US and India were enemies the way China and India are today, do you think the US navy is capable enough such that it could have posed an existential threat to Indian Navy in Indian ocean?
  2. If the US and India were enemies the way China and India are today, do you think the Indian Navy would have been capable in deterring a single carrier battle group of the US Navy sailing in the Indian ocean?
  3. Do you think PLAN is capable of fielding a complete carrier battle group with a supercarrier in its own backyard (South China Sea) by 2030?
  4. Do you think a carrier battle group that PLAN will field in 2035 would be inferior to US Navy carrier battle group of today (in terms of equipment only)?
  5. Do you think PLAN is permanently unable of increasing the standard of its human resource training to bring it at par with Indian Navy standards?
  6. Do you think Indian Navy needs to upgrade its training standards to match those of US Navy?
  7. Do you think India should rely on other countries (namely the quad, US in particular) to save it in the event of a war with China?
  8. Do you think India should attempt to retain its superiority with respect to PLAN in the Indian ocean that India enjoys today?
  1. NO, not at least existential threat till US concentrates its power in IOR. It'll be stronger than India for sure.
  2. Between YES & NO. Enormous percentage of power is needed to bring down one USN CBG. More like NO still.
  3. YES, very very likely.
  4. NO
  5. NO
  6. Depends
  7. NO
  8. YES
PRC has better production and construction facilities and faster growth of their naval fleet is pretty obvious till India has its own. Budget is a great factor.
China's economy may slowdown but they are going to be a high upper middle income country very soon. Hence, they can invest more & more on defence.

Aghore_King

Country flag
I would be very happy to know if I was indeed jumping to stupid conclusions. Sadly though, I don't think I am.

Depending on whether or not you answered YES or NO to the questions above, following is my reply:-
  • If you answered NO to the first question, then you are incorrigible and I would not like to engage you any further in this discussion.
  • If you answered YES to the second question, please tell me the composition of the Indian fleet required.
  • If you answered NO to the third question, please refer to this: https://thediplomat.com/2018/01/china-kicks-off-construction-of-new-supercarrier/
  • If you answered YES to the fourth question, please provide a reason why.
  • If you answered YES to the fifth question, then I would like to remind you that before 1971, India too was thought of as an inexperienced carrier power incapable of ever using INS Vikrant in a war.
  • If you answered NO to the sixth question, then tell me if the sortie generation rate of a Nimitz class carrier manned by US Navy sailors will be same as when that same carrier is manned by Indian Navy sailors?
  • If you answered YES to the seventh question, then can you please tell me if if you also support a formal alliance between USA and India? Because anything other than that will not make US fight China to stop China from attacking India.
  • If you answered YES to the eighth question, I would like to remind you that the primary reason for that is the fact that the PLAN does not yet have enough assets to spare for matching Indian Naval fleet in size. But given the current pace of construction in both Navies, China can amass enough vessels to threaten Indian Navy in the future. You disagree? Then tell me why.
Please answer these questions so that I can get an insight into why you think the PLAN of the future is nothing to sweat about.
Once we develop Andman and Nicobar island as an naval and air base, it will be our third and unsinkable aircraft carrier, we need to focus on submarines, a single submarine can threaten an entire carrier battle group, thats why P 75I is important.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
@Okabe Rintarou

Yes, USN has more tonnage than next 10 navies. As I have said before, Trump is pouring more money than even Reagan during Cold War right now. USN was going to invade India in 1971 war so I don't trust them completely. Again hypothetical scenario.

Yes, look up 1971 war. A Soviet naval task force used a nuclear submarine to deter the USS Enterprise which as part of Task Force 74 was supposed to help the East Pakistan (then) forces during the war.

Throughout that night INS Vikrant continued her sortie south, and our air recce covered an area to a depth of 500 miles. There was no sign of the U.S. task force, so in the absence of any instruction from the Naval Headquarters I turned back north to rejoin my patrol area. As the day dawned, BBC broadcast amplified its earlier report: that having entered the Bay of Bengal from the Malacca Straits, the U.S. task force had proceeded west instead of going north to Chittagong. On reflection I felt that my reactions in the warlike situation proved the value of my tenure at the NCC. As a postscript to this anecdote, soon after the victory of the Indian Armed Forces, one of the foreign celebrities that visited India was the renowned naval leader Admiral S.G. Gorshkov, Chief of the Soviet Navy. During his visit to Bombay he came onboard INS Vikrant. I had known the Admiral well earlier during my tenure in Moscow as the Indian Naval Attaché. The Admiral congratulated me and asked, "Were you worried about a battle against the American carrier?" He answered himself: "Well, you had no reason to be worried, as I had a Soviet nuclear submarine trailing the American task force all the way into the Indian Ocean."

I thought to myself, it is not easy to convert a cold war into a hot war. Cold war is brinkmanship and only posturing. When the chips are down, you do not play cat and mouse games but come prepared to hit hard to vanquish your adversary.
https://web.archive.org/web/2009082...t-rakshak.com/NAVY/History/1971War/Games.html

Yes, but a supercarrier is just a vehicle of war, i.e not an end but a means to an end. USN can operate with impunity as they have bases everywhere. China has a couple of coral reefs but no proper land linkages in other countries. Neighbors are massively armed and positioned.

Yes, USN has advanced FGFA style aircraft like F 35C, MQ 25, etc into the picture today. China is learning the ropes right now. Future USN CBG will have DDG 1000 based LSC with juice for railguns and lasers, AB FLT III, FFG(X),SSN(X),etc which have qualitative equals with only Russia and EU. China has lots of potential but too much ground to cover. Maybe by 2040s?

If they face a war with some small country, yes. Else, no. China's military has never faced a real shooting war in decades. You are talking of a generation of Playstation warriors vs a navy at full readiness facing two hostile nations.

No. India is already cooperating with USN for many projects including EMALS and next AC. By cross training and buy/indigenising more western electronics into our systems, we have developed better tech.

Currently our professionalism, standards and discipline are far higher than USN. Feminising the US military via SJWs and budget cuts of 2010s have hurt the USN a lot.

No. The only way a Quad can work is if it functions like NATO. However, all countries have such varied politics and no uniform doctrine. Unless China does something stupid in SCS, Quad will never go hot and limit itself to exercises.

Yes, all the money we are pouring into SSN, third AC, P 17A, P 15B, NGMV, NGMC, P 18A, SSBN, etc is not for fun. It is to gain qualitative and quantitative parity with PLAN and USN. When all else fails, self help is the best insurance.

no smoking

Country flag
No. China's military has never faced a real shooting war in decades. You are talking of a generation of Playstation warriors vs a navy at full readiness facing two hostile nations.
Doesn't want to argue who is better, just pointing out your argument is not valid:

1. The last skirmish that PLAN fought was 1988 against Vietnam. The last battle that PLAN fought was 1974 against South Vietnam;

2. Unlike India navy which has been at full readiness facing one far inferior navy in local and another navy which has been 3000 km away, PLAN have been at full readiness facing 2 superior navies ( Soviet until 1989 and USA since 1989). Each of these two can deploy over 100 advanced warships and 1000 most advanced warplanes at any time. And I haven’t add their allies’ navies: such Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, etc. So, Chinese has been facing with world boxing champions while Indians has been staring at a teenager in a boxing club.

Currently our professionalism, standards and discipline are far higher than USN. Feminising the US military via SJWs and budget cuts of 2010s have hurt the USN a lot.

Really? What gives you that confidence?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Doesn't want to argue who is better, just pointing out your argument is not valid:

1. The last skirmish that PLAN fought was 1988 against Vietnam. The last battle that PLAN fought was 1974 against South Vietnam;

2. Unlike India navy which has been at full readiness facing one far inferior navy in local and another navy which has been 3000 km away, PLAN have been at full readiness facing 2 superior navies ( Soviet until 1989 and USA since 1989). Each of these two can deploy over 100 advanced warships and 1000 most advanced warplanes at any time. And I haven’t add their allies’ navies: such Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, etc. So, Chinese has been facing with world boxing champions while Indians has been staring at a teenager in a boxing club.

If you think sinking a couple of converted Vietnamese fishing trawlers in 1988 is any kind of valid battle experience applicable today then you have set the bar incredibly low. Your Navy is so scared of Japan your nuke subs are forced to surface for fear of being sunk.

If you think facing something without engaging them means something, again you have set the bar so low it is below the basement.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

Chowmein nog! Your statements don't match up with reality!

1. Indian Navy raped Pakistani Navy in 1971. During 1999, Indian Navy was mobilised to a semi blockade.

https://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-indian-navy-celebrates-its-silent-kargil-victory-12113

PLAN has no formal shooting war experience. Push comes to shove, a well trained and similarly equipped navy will give it a bloody nose.

2. Imagine the quad + S. Korea + Taiwan + Philippines + ASEAN against the chinks now. 'Chopsuey'?

3. This is plain embarrassing.

https://dailycaller.com/2017/03/01/...as-a-pregnancy-problem-and-its-getting-worse/

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
So, Chinese has been facing with world boxing champions while Indians has been staring at a teenager in a boxing club.
Let me rephrase that. Indians have grown up boxing a regional power which is considered to be amongst the strongest Islamic countries. Meanwhile, China has been salivating over the daydream that China is fighting World heavyweight champion (USA) and its allies, whereas the reality is that China has been merely sitting and staring at USA this entire time, not daring to make a move directly against USA.

India has been fighting actual wars with Pakistan. China has been imagining wars with USA, because such a war has not yet happened.

That does not make China "better" than India. Quite the opposite, really.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Le'me try:

1. NO, not at least existential threat till US concentrates its power in IOR. It'll be stronger than India for sure.
  2. Between YES & NO. Enormous percentage of power is needed to bring down one USN CBG. More like NO still.
  3. YES, very very likely.
  4. NO
  5. NO
  6. Depends
  7. NO
  8. YES
PRC has better production and construction facilities and faster growth of their naval fleet is pretty obvious till India has its own. Budget is a great factor.
China's economy may slowdown but they are going to be a high upper middle income country very soon. Hence, they can invest more & more on defence.
So you do agree with me :)
I agree with the budget factor, but according to me, bang for buck is a more important factor. We need economies of scale and more indigenisation to compete with China

Once we develop Andman and Nicobar island as an naval and air base, it will be our third and unsinkable aircraft carrier, we need to focus on submarines, a single submarine can threaten an entire carrier battle group, thats why P 75I is important.
Yes Andaman and Nicobar are key assets and developing them is indispensable part of our security measures against Chinese expansion, but those islands don't move. We need the carriers to shadow PLAN carrier groups when they roam around in the IOR in peacetime 15-20 years from now. We need to demonstrate capability and intent if we mean to continue calling IOR our backyard.

Yes, USN has more tonnage than next 10 navies. As I have said before, Trump is pouring more money than even Reagan during Cold War right now. USN was going to invade India in 1971 war so I don't trust them completely. Again hypothetical scenario.
Misunderstood my question. I know it is a hypothetical scenario. I asked that question to ascertain whether you have unrealistically high assumptions about the capabilities of Indian Navy. There are some fools like that. Thankfully, you are not one of them.

Yes, look up 1971 war. A Soviet naval task force used a nuclear submarine to deter the USS Enterprise which as part of Task Force 74 was supposed to help the East Pakistan (then) forces during the war.
When I asked if Indian Navy was capable of deterring them, I meant without external help. External help, like we got in 1971 war from Soviets.

Yes, but a supercarrier is just a vehicle of war, i.e not an end but a means to an end. USN can operate with impunity as they have bases everywhere. China has a couple of coral reefs but no proper land linkages in other countries. Neighbors are massively armed and positioned.
Supercarriers are meant for peacetime signaling and military diplomacy. If you don't operate a supercarrier in your own backyard by the time China is operating a supercarrier in your backyard, you will not enjoy the confidence of the IOR nations as far as their security is concerned. You loose influence and suddenyl your backyard is not your own anymore.

As for bases, PLAN will be able to sustain some level of deployment in IOR with help from Pakistan and its base in Djibouti as far as peace time is concerned. And this also allows PLAN to position and replenish its assets just before a war starts. Then they won't require those bases during the war.

No matter how heavily armed China's neighbors are, they can't stop PLAN from sailing in international waters and into IOR during times of high tensions such as Doklam crisis.

No. India is already cooperating with USN for many projects including EMALS and next AC. By cross training and buy/indigenising more western electronics into our systems, we have developed better tech.

I understand that the difference might not be much, but it is there. Organizations take time to incorporate change. SOPs evolve over a long period of time and a few exercises with foreign navies has merely given us some exposure and allowed us to incorporate some change based on the equipment we have since inducted and the suitability of the reform to our forces. But some areas, we don't have any experience at all. Such as simultaneously recovering and launching aircraft from an aircraft carrier. Or conducting over the horizon amphibious assaults. Or (Army example) conducting a armoured maneuver with massive attack helicopter support.

And your point of USN having far lower standards than Indian Navy is, sorry to say, nonsense. BS of the highest order. I have not heard a more BS argument this entire week. SJW agenda undermines professionalism in US military but the effect is not nearly as pronounced and there is already a lot of pushback against this.

Yes, USN has advanced FGFA style aircraft like F 35C, MQ 25, etc into the picture today. China is learning the ropes right now. Future USN CBG will have DDG 1000 based LSC with juice for railguns and lasers, AB FLT III, FFG(X),SSN(X),etc which have qualitative equals with only Russia and EU. China has lots of potential but too much ground to cover. Maybe by 2040s?
Read my question again. I said will a PLAN carrier strike group of tomorrow be comparable to a USN carrier fleet of today solely by equipment (not training). China will have 5th gen carrier borne aircraft by then and also drones like MQ-25!! By 2040, USN will still hold advantages technologically speaking, but the gap in capabilities will have narrowed considerably.

If they face a war with some small country, yes. Else, no. China's military has never faced a real shooting war in decades. You are talking of a generation of Playstation warriors vs a navy at full readiness facing two hostile nations.
I agree with you on this. But they might be able to create a decent force simply by imitation, exchange of ideas in military academia and limited international exposure in joint exercises. In recent decades, they have certainly raised their standards above the piss poor level they were at a couple of decades ago. The PLAN of the future might not the best in training, but enough to be a credible threat greater than the likes of Royal Navy (despite Royal Navy's better experience). On the other hand, if they do face a small conflict with, say, Taiwan, they will gain enough experience and incorporate some of those changes faster than we do.

Meanwhile, although we have combat experience, our import-dependence and MoD babudom are our Achilles heels. These are not that much of an issue for PLAN. Our military also has issues with jointness and collaboration with MIC. We don't know if our experience alone is enough to offset these shortcomings. 2001 comes to mind.

Yes, all the money we are pouring into SSN, third AC, P 17A, P 15B, NGMV, NGMC, P 18A, SSBN, etc is not for fun. It is to gain qualitative and quantitative parity with PLAN and USN. When all else fails, self help is the best insurance.
And I am saying this is not enough. All I am saying is that we need to expedite this and plan for more than just this. The real problem is lack of indigenisation. Take P 17A for instance. Each frigate is costing us upwards of $1 Billion.
Compare that to a Type 052D destroyer built in China which costs $500 Million. Or a Sejong The Great class cruiser built in South Korea that cost $900 Million about a decade ago. We need higher indigenisation and economies of scale and modular construction in order to build a larger fleet.

BTW, what is P 18A?

Aghore_King

Country flag
So you do agree with me :)
I agree with the budget factor, but according to me, bang for buck is a more important factor. We need economies of scale and more indigenisation to compete with China

Yes Andaman and Nicobar are key assets and developing them is indispensable part of our security measures against Chinese expansion, but those islands don't move. We need the carriers to shadow PLAN carrier groups when they roam around in the IOR in peacetime 15-20 years from now. We need to demonstrate capability and intent if we mean to continue calling IOR our backyard.

Misunderstood my question. I know it is a hypothetical scenario. I asked that question to ascertain whether you have unrealistically high assumptions about the capabilities of Indian Navy. There are some fools like that. Thankfully, you are not one of them.

When I asked if Indian Navy was capable of deterring them, I meant without external help. External help, like we got in 1971 war from Soviets.

Supercarriers are meant for peacetime signaling and military diplomacy. If you don't operate a supercarrier in your own backyard by the time China is operating a supercarrier in your backyard, you will not enjoy the confidence of the IOR nations as far as their security is concerned. You loose influence and suddenyl your backyard is not your own anymore.

As for bases, PLAN will be able to sustain some level of deployment in IOR with help from Pakistan and its base in Djibouti as far as peace time is concerned. And this also allows PLAN to position and replenish its assets just before a war starts. Then they won't require those bases during the war.

No matter how heavily armed China's neighbors are, they can't stop PLAN from sailing in international waters and into IOR during times of high tensions such as Doklam crisis.

I understand that the difference might not be much, but it is there. Organizations take time to incorporate change. SOPs evolve over a long period of time and a few exercises with foreign navies has merely given us some exposure and allowed us to incorporate some change based on the equipment we have since inducted and the suitability of the reform to our forces. But some areas, we don't have any experience at all. Such as simultaneously recovering and launching aircraft from an aircraft carrier. Or conducting over the horizon amphibious assaults. Or (Army example) conducting a armoured maneuver with massive attack helicopter support.

And your point of USN having far lower standards than Indian Navy is, sorry to say, nonsense. BS of the highest order. I have not heard a more BS argument this entire week. SJW agenda undercuts professionalism in US military but the effect is not nearly as pronounced and there is already a lot of pushback against this.

Read my question again. I said will a PLAN carrier strike group of tomorrow be comparable to a USN carrier fleet of today solely by equipment (not training). China will have 5th gen carrier borne aircraft by then and also drones like MQ-25!! By 2040, USN will still hold advantages technologically speaking, but the gap in capabilities will have narrowed considerably.

I agree with you on this. But they might be able to create a decent force simply by imitation, exchange of ideas in military academia and limited international exposure in joint exercises. In recent decades, they have certainly raised their standards above the piss poor level they were at a couple of decades ago. The PLAN of the future might not the best in training, but enough to be a credible threat greater than the likes of Royal Navy (despite Royal Navy's better experience). On the other hand, if they do face a small conflict with, say, Taiwan, they will gain enough experience and incorporate some of those changes faster than we do.

Meanwhile, although we have combat experience, our import-dependence and MoD babudom are our Achilles heels. These are not that much of an issue for PLAN. Our military also has issues with jointness and collaboration with MIC. We don't know if our experience alone is enough to offset these shortcomings. 2001 comes to mind.

And I am saying this is not enough. All I am saying is that we need to expedite this and plan for more than just this. The real problem is lack of indigenisation. Take P 17A for instance. Each frigate is costing us upwards of $1 Billion.
Compare that to a Type 052D destroyer built in China which costs $500 Million. Or a Sejong The Great class cruiser built in South Korea that cost $900 Million about a decade ago. We need higher indigenisation and economies of scale and modular construction in order to build a larger fleet.

BTW, what is P 18A?
We should buy mothballed Tu 22 maritime bombers, they would be a bang for the buck, much cheaper than capital ships, with their massive range coupled with 600+ km brahmos anti ship missile, any hostile carrier will be at our mercy.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
We should buy mothballed Tu 22 maritime bombers, they would be a bang for the buck, much cheaper than capital ships, with their massive range coupled with 600+ km brahmos anti ship missile, any hostile carrier will be at our mercy.
Why don't you just attach Brahmos to P-8I? It is your current MPA.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I think this will suffice :

Go and look up our nuclear submarine program. There is a reason USN is so friendly towards India!

INS Vishal starts construction in 3 years. USN is building new G.R.F class carriers two at a time under block buys. Chinks will be overwhelmed trying to operate in 3 zones. (Pacific, Indian and Arctic)

Chinks have no foothold here. We kicked them out from every country and by using Chabahar Port, we circumvent and dilute their strategic advantage. Djibouti has many other navies including USN. If they declare war, expect chinks to get arrested and put in mass internment camps by others.

Talk to this guy.

And your point of USN having far lower standards than Indian Navy is, sorry to say, nonsense. BS of the highest order. I have not heard a more BS argument this entire week. SJW agenda undermines professionalism in US military but the effect is not nearly as pronounced and there is already a lot of pushback against this.
US military allowed women into combat roles for some buzzfeed feminist cunt to write a few articles. Now watch as SCOTUS allows Trump to reinstate bans pre 2013 on WiC during draft proposal. Push back is from Trump not Pentagon.

Chinks beg, borrow and steal. If innovation runs dry they can only whine and press for treaties. Most of their shit is Soviet era stuff or derivatives or cancelled projects. China has no sign of carrier borne FGFA or an MQ 25 style drone. They will wait for Russia to come out with something and copy it or jury rig an incompetent solution.

sauce : most chinese weapon systems

Taiwan war will trigger USN involvement. Only country they can tango with without retribution is Vietnam and India will be gifting them :brahmos::brahmos::brahmos:.

BTW, what is P 18A?
India is already moving rapidly towards indigenisation. Indian Navy has the right approach to these things unlike the fuckups managing HAL. PSUs have been rushing to fulfil orders on time and giving extreme competition to pvt. ones akin to China and Russia state sponsored concerns.

Project 18A

http://idrw.org/indias-next-generation-destroyers-ndg-project-waits-for-government-clearance-report/[/QUOTE]

Hari Sud

Country flag
With all these positive feedbacks of the Chinese naval build up one question will always remain unanswered and that question is that - can they operate in the Indian Ocean via Straits of Malacca freely. Do they have experience of naval warfare to come to Indian Ocean and face a very well experienced and experienced Indian Navy. It is 4000 km away operation and ship and submarines and especially built with copied and reverse engineered technology will breakdown, - do they have large enough repair facilities to refit and get back in the fight?

I do not believe so! It is their posturing which the Indian arm chair admirals are afraid of.

If india sinks one submarine or one destroyer, there will be a huge loss of prestige for them. Then they will run back home with tail in between their legs.

It really happened in 1905 when imperial Russian Navy came east to settle scores with Japan. The battle in the Gulf of Japan was over in 45 minutes with most of the Russian naval ships at the bottom of sea. Reason were that tired old Russian sailors after a long voyage faced a well rested and Clever Japanese Force trained on Western principles and they defeated a mighty Russian navy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles