how to past multiple pics in one post?

[mod]Use '
' and just do it multiple times, maximum 10 images can be uploaded[/mod]

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
China’s water aircraft to take off in 2013

BY : Xinhua
The first Chinese-made large amphibious aircraft is scheduled to take off in 2013, and ready for mass production in 2015, China Daily reported Tuesday.
The amphibious aircraft, about the size of an Airbus 320, will handle emergency services and military tasks that are difficult or impossible with current aircraft in China today, the newspaper quoted a senior engineer of the manufacturer as saying.
Previously, China has developed large hydroplanes and small amphibious aircraft, said Chen Zhengguo, the project’s chief engineer.
But large amphibious aircraft will be more useful in putting out forest fires, carrying out long-range air-sea rescues, and taking on anti-submarine missions, according to the news release by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC).
The Chinese-made amphibious aircraft can take off on both land and water.
As it flies at a height of 30 to 50 m over the treetops, the success rate of spreading water over a fire could reach 98 percent.
According to the State Forestry Administration, at least 10,000wildfires occur in the country’s forests each year.
Engineers also aimed to develop the amphibious aircraft into one that can help rescue more people on the sea.
Equipped with turboprop engines, it has a maximum take-off weight of 49 tonnes, able to carry up to 50 people at one time. Its longest range is 5,150 km, and its highest speed is 560 kph. Emergency medical equipment will be available on board.
Russia, Japan, Canada and the United States already have developed their own amphibious aircraft.

China’s water aircraft to take off in 2013 IDRW.ORG

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Boy.... doesnt that J-11 look like a Sukhoi-30 Copy

Jesus Christ ,Can the Chinese ever do anything original ??

If the pic posted in the previous post by Redragon of the J-11 is accurate; then I can say that its airframe is a direct 100% copy of the Sukhoi-30.

I just read a post in the eetimes.com where one poster listed 6 or 7 existing cases of Chinese engineers in the US being busted for stealing technology secrets.

China must have the world's biggest industrial espionage department.

Koji

Jesus Christ........Can the Chinese ever do anything original ??

If the pic posted in the previous post by Redragon of the J-11 is accurate; then I can say that its airframe is a direct 100% copy of the Sukhoi-30.

I just read a post in the eetimes.com where one poster listed 6 or 7 existing cases of Chinese engineers in the US being busted for stealing technology secrets.

Every country has its spies. China is no exception.

And the airframe is a rip of the Sukhoi, but it's not that hard when China has access to the blueprints when it purchased a licensed production.

albert_008

Jesus Christ ,Can the Chinese ever do anything original ??

J11 is a licensed built su 27, but CHina is unsatisfied with avionics in su27 becuase of soviet's outdataed product when contract was signed.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Every country has its spies. China is no exception.

And the airframe is a rip of the Sukhoi, but it's not that hard when China has access to the blueprints when it purchased a licensed production.

Yes every country has spies, but no country in the world has ever launched into technology espionage like China. I dont understand why China is so addicted to copying ??

I believe they produce a couple of hundred thousand engineers every year. They have some good universities. But they cant seem to produce an original indigenous product if their life depended on it !!

I am sorry but China is not going to take over the US position as sole superpower by being an export giant of products engineered in Western countries.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
J11 is a licensed built su 27, but CHina is unsatisfied with avionics in su27 becuase of soviet's outdataed product when contract was signed.
Okay if it is a licensed Su - 27, then call it Su-27CH or something dont give it a new name like J-11 and make it look like something you guys designed your self.

Koji

Avionics are completely replaced, radar, airframe modifications are made. It's as similar to the original Su-27 as the Super Hornet is to the original, meaning..nothing.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Avionics are completely replaced, radar, airframe modifications are made. It's as similar to the original Su-27 as the Super Hornet is to the original, meaning..nothing.
seriously koji this comment is :rofl: :rofl:

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag

The 3 main and definitive components of a fighter aircraft are:

1) Airframe

2) Engine

3) Radar

Replacing the analog gauges with some modern LCD panel and some modern avionics certainly helps the pilot with ease of use but is hardly a defining feature. I certainly cant discern any air-frame modifications from the pics it look like a 100% copy.

In the J-11, only the Radar is Chinese made. Everything else is a copy, and knowing the Chinese - I am sure even their radar is a reverse-engineering job.

Koji

The 3 main and definitive components of a fighter aircraft are:

1) Airframe

2) Engine

3) Radar

Replacing the analog gauges with some modern LCD panel and some modern avionics certainly helps the pilot with ease of use but is hardly a defining feature. I certainly cant discern any air-frame modifications from the pics.....it look like a 100% copy.

In the J-11, only the Radar is Chinese made. Everything else is a copy, and knowing the Chinese - I am sure even their radar is a reverse-engineering job.
Airframe is modified, and there are plans to use the indigenous WS-10a when it's operational. So, all three of your requirements are satisfied.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Airframe is modified, and there are plans to use the indigenous WS-10a when it's operational. So, all three of your requirements are satisfied.
What modifications are done? Care to enlighten us

Till the engine gets operational nothing can be said. Which radar does this plane uses?

Koji

What modifications are done? Care to enlighten us

Till the engine gets operational nothing can be said. Which radar does this plane uses?

1. The wide adoption of composite material (mainly carbon fiber) for the surfaces, reducing the weight of the aircraft for more than 700 kg, while the life of the composite part is increased over 10,000 hours in comparison to the original part built from steel.

2. Redesigned air inlets of engine intakes to reduce the radar cross section, this coupled with the adoption of composite material, and application of radar absorbent material has reduced the radar cross section (RCS) of 15 square meters of Su-27SK to just >3 square meters of J-11B. Carriage of external weapons will increase this greatly of course.

3.A Chinese multifunctional pulse-Doppler fire-control radar reportedly capable of tracking 6~8 targets and engaging 4 of them simultaneously

4. Air-refueling probes

5.Most of the analogue dial indicators of the original Su-27SK are eliminated, replaced by four color MFDs, which are part of the overall EFIS system designed by China Aviation Industry Corporation I. There are three large MFDs that take most of the space of the flight instrumentation dashboard, with the MFD in the center is in a slightly lower position than the other two on the sides. A slightly smaller color MFD is located below the three MFDs, to the bottom right corner of the flight instrumentation dashboard.

6. An improved domestic Chinese helmet mounted sights (HMS) first begun to appear on J-11A, which soon became standard on all versions of J-11, including retrofitting earlier J-11.

Quickgun Murugan

New paint coating of China's J-10 fighter made debut

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90776/90786/6796331.html

China's advanced J-10 fighters will be showcased in November at an air show in Beijing to mark the 60th anniversary of the founding of the People's Liberation Army air force. All the fighters have been given a new coat of paint.

The J-10 fighter's new appearance was displayed Tuesday. The aircraft sport a blue, white and red look. Blue is the main color, accounting for 50 percent of the design. This year's performance will be the first time the Ba Yi Aerobatic team will use third generation fighter planes in the air show.

An international forum on peace and development will also be held in Beijing. More than 300 senior officers will attend the forum and 20 air force leaders from around the world will address the conference.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles