Chinese Media on INS Vikrant

Shadow

Country flag

Did not understand anything.Is there any member who can translate it?

EXPERT

Me too didn't understood but surely they are bit concerned of INS Vikrant and Vikramaditya..

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Gist of the video......

In 1999 the Indian Parliament approved the construction of the indigenous light aircraft carrier Vikrant. In November 2006 construction work officially started and on February 28, 2009 held a keel installation ceremony.. Although India says it is indigenous, but the blueprint is that of the French, equipped with Russian aircraft, and designed by the Italians.

"Vikrant" India's first aircraft carrier is 260 meters long, 60 meters wide, with a displacement of 37,500 tons, the highest speed of 28 knots. This design has two aircraft carrier takeoff runways and a landing strip and can carry more than 30 carrier-based aircraft.

Initially, the Indian aircraft carrier was named "Blue Sky Guardian" was later renamed "Vikrant". By August 2013, only 30% was completed. By the end of 2014, "Vikrant" aircraft carrier finally made progress, and ship island facilities were commenced.

On May 28, 2015, the basic "Vikrant" aircraft carrier was launched, but unfavorable tides and silt dock at the exit door led to a fault in the dock, and the dock works were delayed.

It also includes discussion on the latest Indian warships. Damned if I can decipher all that was said!!

rohit b3

Country flag
Gist of the video......

In 1999 the Indian Parliament approved the construction of the indigenous light aircraft carrier Vikrant. In November 2006 construction work officially started and on February 28, 2009 held a keel installation ceremony.. Although India says it is indigenous, but the blueprint is that of the French, equipped with Russian aircraft, and designed by the Italians.

"Vikrant" India's first aircraft carrier is 260 meters long, 60 meters wide, with a displacement of 37,500 tons, the highest speed of 28 knots. This design has two aircraft carrier takeoff runways and a landing strip and can carry more than 30 carrier-based aircraft.

Initially, the Indian aircraft carrier was named "Blue Sky Guardian" was later renamed "Vikrant". By August 2013, only 30% was completed. By the end of 2014, "Vikrant" aircraft carrier finally made progress, and ship island facilities were commenced.

On May 28, 2015, the basic "Vikrant" aircraft carrier was launched, but unfavorable tides and silt dock at the exit door led to a fault in the dock, and the dock works were delayed.

It also includes discussion on the latest Indian warships. Damned if I can decipher all that was said!!
"Although India says it is indigenous, but the blueprint is that of the French, equipped with Russian aircraft, and designed by the Italians."
LOL, I knew the Chinese are gonna come up with something like that. They do that all the time. Makes them feel good about themselves and their copied stuff :p

Anupu

Country flag
"Although India says it is indigenous, but the blueprint is that of the French, equipped with Russian aircraft, and designed by the Italians."
LOL, I knew the Chinese are gonna come up with something like that. They do that all the time. Makes them feel good about themselves and their copied stuff :p
And no one ever in the world used other designs or systems to build local weapons... And that is pretty high specially coming from Chinese the entire laoling class is basically exact copy of Russian's and the plane is an exact copy of Russian's. So yeah... Vikrant is pretty indigenous no matter where you look at it from.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles