Chinese J10B roll out!

cir

J-10B in batch production。

J-10C to debut shortly。Maiden flight before Chinese New Year in January 2014。Pictures when available。

shiphone

Country flag
above one is F18's probe, J10B would keep the same design with J10A

-----------------------
J10B Serial Production batch : 1·01 and 1·03 jets. source: FY and CD

1·01 on the ground...

Last edited:

p2prada

@shiphone

Which regiment is the J-10B SP units going to?

What will be the special features of J-10C?

Last edited by a moderator:

shiphone

Country flag
1. normally the new jet's first owner would be some regiment of PLAAF Test Flight and Tactics Center...this center has a regiment of J10A already...the elite pliots of this unit would begin to get familiar with this new plane and creat new combat tactics ,write the operation Manual and mantaince manual...

another tradition is :a combat unit , of which the AFB is close to the Manufacture site ,might be chosed as the first unit and seed unit. as we know, a regiment right in Chengdu Military Region was the first combat unit operating the J10. and this unit retired their old J6 and got this new bird around 10 years ago. after hard training this EX- 2nd rate regiment has won the respect and jumped into the first league of fighter regiment in PLAAF formation...so we also thought they might hand over their J10A to another regiment and begin to accept the new J10Bs...

when we saw the tail number of these birds painted ,we would know the answer...

----------------------
2.J10C is a complicated one...I haven't figure out some important detailed improvements...
some source said the Avionics would be a great leap ... but I don't believe it too much...coz J10B has got a major upgrade.
the reliable source said it would fly by the end of this year or the New Chinese year of 2014(31th Jan )...
we have to wait and see.

-----------------------
BTW I would like to correct my early opinion on the J10B's radar...
it's a AESA,and our first Gen fighter AESA radar...the T/R unit number is around 1250 or 1280 .

the back end of radar is quite compact

Last edited:

p2prada

BTW I would like to correct my early opinion on the J10B's radar...
it's a AESA,and our first Gen fighter AESA radar...the T/R unit number is around 1250 or 1280 .

the back end of radar is quite compact
AESA, eh? Gentlemen, I rest my case.

And the backend is actually not so compact.

It's bigger than the one on F-16 B60.

This is a compact backend.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
An F-16 with canards and the most ugly ass looking air-intake I have ever seen on a Jet Fighter ever.

You know.... I hope Im not being too harsh here........or is it just my personal bias - but aren't the Chinese just plain freaking hopeless when it comes to airframe design ??

Every single aircraft that the Chinese have ever produced, looks like a "mix and match" or should I say "copy and match" of American and Russian designs.

They do not look like clean designs at all..........the designs have absolutely no flow, or originality about them.

Maybe the Chinese should get out of the aircraft design business, and stick to what they do best - Cell phones, and other consumer electronics

Last edited:

ice berg

An F-16 with canards and the most ugly ass looking air-intake I have ever seen on a Jet Fighter ever.

You know.... I hope Im not being too harsh here........or is it just my personal bias - but aren't the Chinese just plain freaking hopeless when it comes to airframe design ??

Every single aircraft that the Chinese have ever produced, looks like a "mix and match" or should I say "copy and match" of American and Russian designs.

They do not look like clean designs at all..........the designs have absolutely no flow, or originality about them.

Maybe the Chinese should get out of the aircraft design business, and stick to what they do best - Cell phones, and other consumer electronics
I can understand that. Most fanboys have their own view what is a good looking and not. It is like someone who claims all cars are the same cause they all run on four wheels. :lol:
Most of those ignorant fanboys still think that China exports mainly consumer electroics when in reality:

The People's Republic of China | Office of the United States Trade Representative
Imports

China was the United States= largest supplier of goods imports in 2011.

U.S. goods imports from China totaled $399.3 billion in 2011, a 9.4 % increase ($34.4 billion) from 2010, and up 299% since 2000. It is up 290% since 2001. U.S. imports from China accounted for 18.1% of overall U.S. imports in 2010.

The five largest import categories in 2011 were: Electrical Machinery ($98.7 billion), Machinery ($94.9 billion), Toys and Sports Equipment ($22.6 billion), Furniture and Bedding ($20.5 billion), and Footwear ($16.7 billion).

Maybe you should spend more time on your school work instead. I can already see you are heading for a wrong direction.

J20!

Country flag

*shrugs*

No one can argue with personal opinion. That's your business brah.

Combat aircraft aren't built with aesthetics in mind. Its their functionality that counts. That intake weighs much less and produces much lower radar return than the 60's era intake on the F16.

And if the J10B to you is "an F16 with canards" then you really shouldn't be commenting on airframe design or aerodynamic layouts, considering that the only thing the two airframes have in common is their weight class.

PS. If you think the J10B is ugly, then your self-diagnosis was spot on; bias is the human version of blinkers. I'd take the J10B's fuselage blended intake over the slap-on intake on the F16 any day in the looks department.

shiphone

Country flag
the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th of first SP batch of J10B in flight tests...

-------------------------------
one of these has been painted in Standard Painting Scheme. compared with the J10A's painting, no big change could be spotted except the Radar dome was painted in darker Gray..BTW, the last several J10A (7-05 ...the 7th batch, around 40 jets per batch) is test flying at the same time.

shiphone

Country flag
J10B in Serial Production... the first batch of J10B SPs have been painted the standard PLAAF gray coating scheme

SP 07/10/11/20 appeared in first Quarter of 2014
---------------------------
more J10Bs of 1st Serial Production Batch have been launched for a while...some updates here
at least 20 J10B SPs have been manufactured by the first quarter of 2014

SP 1-07

SP 1-10

SP 1-11

SP 1-20
more are coming...SP 22/26/30 appeared by first half of 2014

SP 1.22

SP 1.26

SP 1.30

Reactions: Neo

Hari Sud

Country flag
Copied stuff whether Russian stuff or American can be reproduced with dubious performance. It takes years before the whole copied stuff matures.

shiphone

Country flag
some update ...one good news and one bad news...
------------
the PLAAF combat unit has recieved the first batch of J10B months ago...it's safe to release the following old pix...in 2014, the number of newly built J10 serial which began the test fly at CAC was more than 60, including the last batch of J10A ,and new batch of J10S ,and these J10B...

something later...

the unfortunate issue was that one of the J10B SP crashed in the test flight. the jet hadn't been hand over to the Airforce, so it's the lost of AVIC groups property...the flights of J10B in CAC was hold for a couple of weeks and resumed later.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
the first J10B Serial Production batch seems quite numerous which is a little bit usual ... quite a few months ago, we have seen the '1-5X' numbered and none fully painted ones which means more than 50 J10B SPs have flied since last year ...

SP 1.50 -53... copyright by Adam.Y

--------------------
fully painted one..

shiphone

Country flag
WS-10B (TaiHang,TH-10B) engine came finally..

at least two J10B 01 batch were flying with this new improved varient of WS10 engine...

they are the SP 1.54 and 1.55 J10B jet...

interesting comparation....the J10B on background is fitted with a AL31FN3

in the air

Last edited:

The enlightened

WS-10B (TaiHang,TH-10B) engine came finally..

at least two J10B 01 batch were flying with this new improved varient of WS10 engine...

they are the SP 1.54 and 1.55 J10B jet...

interesting comparation....the J10B on background is fitted with a AL31FN3

in the air

How did you figure out it was using a different engine? Exhaust nozzle?

shiphone

Country flag
meanwhile. the second batch of Serial Production jets have also begun the test flights...

the SP 2.07 and 2.13 birds were spotted which means at least a dozen of SP 2 has been manufactured... this batch are still flying with the AL31 engine...

------------

the latest pix also indicated the Coming of China 4th Generation AAMs which would be the standard AAW of PLAAF new Gen fighters (J10B/C ,J16, J11D ,J20) ---PL15 MRAAM and PL-10 SRAAM

the mock-up of PL15

the same mock up was also spotted in J20's weapon bay

PL-10 and PL-8 SRAAM... the real missiles on the left wing and the blue training missiles one the right...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles