Chinese J10B roll out!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Badguy,

If J10B is ready to roll out, then why so many ifs and buts.

-Information about Radar is unknown (AESA or PESA). Russian or Indigenous radar will be used is not known.

-WS10 is being said to be mass produced but again you say it needs to be fixed. When it needs to be fixed then why mass produce?. :p

Do you at least know which missiles it will carry?.

p2prada

Hello p2prada
Sorry don't agree avionics and maintenance are huge to begin it and shouldn't be so quickly over looked. Two things besides much better training that makes the MKI Flankers stand out above the Russian Su-27s.
Will not deny that.

Russia just haven't put money into their own Fulcrums and Flankers fleets and that show with the Regiment or 2, I think 1 really of upgraded Flankers. The Flanker upgrades are mainly software so the base aircraft is on certain levels just catching up to an F-15A in avionics wise. And look at their Fulcrums mostly grounded and both sets of pilots Fulcrum & Flanker would fair poorly against American F-15/16s in real battle because of lack of training mainly and the lack of being in real combat operations.
You are comparing the Russian financial problems with the aircraft. The better man wins. But, there's no denying that the Russian birds were designed keeping the Amerian birds in mind and also of the time. The Flanker and Fulcrum fly better than the Amrikan birds because of superior aerodynamic profiles. I was making this point when badguy was comparing the material standards of US and Russia.

Mix in the avionics and maintenance on Russia's fighters and it would a slaughter.
Isn't that what the MKI is about.:D

]Training is the key you can only fight as good as you train. If you don't train to avoid radar guided missiles shot at you'll never do it well in real life. If you don't push your maintenance personnel to turn over aircraft fast and correctly by the 2nd and 3rd sorties your fighters go down.
Will not deny that. But, the situation you are comparing to is not as bad as it seems.

badguy2000

Respected Member
with no indigenous engine and radar for j-10b China is jumping to fifth generation planes??
the R&D of CHin'a next G eingine started when WS10 was till not finished yet.....

well, here,the bottleneck is still " the base of all bases"( material and machining) .

West has left Chinese and Russian so much....we still need generations to catch up..:blum3:

badguy2000

Respected Member
Badguy,

If J10B is ready to roll out, then why so many ifs and buts.

-Information about Radar is unknown (AESA or PESA). Russian or Indigenous radar will be used is not known.

-WS10 is being said to be mass produced but again you say it needs to be fixed. When it needs to be fixed then why mass produce?. :p

Do you at least know which missiles it will carry?.

some problems can not be found until the engine is flying with its airframe...:blum3:

in fact, CHina is experiencing what Yankees was experiencing in 1970s...

at that time, almost all F15/F16 also were troubled by engines once...
as the first indigenious engine, Chinese has still lots of problem to fix.:blum3:

p2prada

the R&D of CHin'a next G eingine started when WS10 was till not finished yet.....

well, here,the bottleneck is still " the base of all bases"( material and machining) .

West has left Chinese and Russian so much....we still need generations to catch up..:blum3:

Russia has a little to catchup. China needs to start off first.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
badguy is there more information regarding the avionics of the J-10B. If the J-10B carries a Russian radar and the PAF version carries a French jammer, then I would say it would be a kick azz plane. A reduced Wing loading would also help.

Also, what is the level of composite structures used on the plane. I know China has had difficulties making large pieces of composites. It looks like the tail is made of metal though.
:rofl: Did you read that in MOD EDIT: No need to mention other forums under the fanboy fantasies subforum? It doesnt even exist, so how can it carry a French jammer??:blum3:

badguy2000

Respected Member
anyone can make a shell but a plane has a lot more to it.
I can not agree with it...

well,as I posted, to machining Titanium ally and composite material need quite top high-tech.....

not every country can finish a Titanium shell....

p2prada

:rofl: Did you read that in under the fanboy fantasies subforum? It doesnt even exist, so how can it carry a French jammer??:blum3:
:dozey:

Speculating mate. The PAF wanted to integrate French or Italian avionics on their JF-17. Mainly radar. So, why not a jammer on the J-10B.

Anyways I am banned from MOD EDIT: no need to mention other forums.

Off course I can use a proxy server. But, I have no intention of inviting viruses into my computer for that forum. No point.

badguy2000

Respected Member
it is not indigenous it is a Russian engine.
well, you can call WS10 a Yankee's engine,instead of russian engine.if it make you feel better,.

the core-engine of WS10 is RE-version of the couterpart of Yankee's products.

WS10 has nothing to do with RUssian.

Country flag
I can not agree with it...

well,as I posted, to machining Titanium ally and composite material need quite top high-tech.....

not every country can finish a Titanium shell....
you are catching up to what many countries have been doing since the 1960's.

badguy2000

Respected Member
you are catching up to what many countries have been doing since the 1960's.
not much.

many countries uses machining tools that can machine Titanium alloy,but still only several countries can produce the speical machining tools...

as independent powers, Russia and China need the tech of produce machining tool,instead of how to use machining tools....

simple "import machining tool' can not support the postion of "independent power".:blum3:

p2prada

well, you can call WS10 a Yankee's engine,instead of russian engine.if it make you feel better,.

the core-engine of WS10 is RE-version of the couterpart of Yankee's products.

WS10 has nothing to do with RUssian.
You don't even know what radar they are gonna use on the J-10B and they readily told you what is the main core of the WS-10. ROFL.

WS-10A
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ws-10a.jpg

Al-31FN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Saturn_AL-31_FN_1.jpg

Please tell me what looks so different. The blades look exactly the same and with the same numbers.

This is the equivalent F-110 Yankee engine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:F110-GE_Turbofan_Engine.jpg

The WS-10 and Al-31 have the same blade design while the F-110's design is different.

Pintu

Wiki pictures don't work I guess
Ws- 10a (The Wikipedia link provided by p2prada)

AI - 31FN (The Wikipedia link provided by p2prada)

Working Fine for me , p2prada . Please check the link again.

Regards

p2prada

and the only that you rely on is wiki,I think.:blum3:

PLS get to know what is " core engine" first..buddy,t
Wiki has pictures if you didn't know. I thought a pictorial representation will help better, especially for kindergarten kids.

Blades are a part of the core. The blades will change if the core changes. If you have used a F-110 core, then the blades on the WS-10 should match the F-110, not the Al-31.

Either ways, it shows the Chinese engine in not really Chinese. It's either Russian or American.:D

Country flag
koji the engine is Russian made, LCA engine is also most likely not indigenous unless the Kaveri engine is used?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Sigh...then you cannot say that the LCA is indigenous, which nobody puts in contention.
LCA is indigenous for most part and we are not claiming otherwise. India never claimed LCA as 100% indigenous unlike China.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles