Chinese history and culture

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well, I refuse to be cooked by western culture.

I will imbibe it but will maintain my culture and identity and if the west is not ready to accept me, then they can take a running jump.

I believe what Lord Byron said - If I am not fit for England, then England is not fit for me!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
To be frank, I rather be closer to Chinese cultural arrogance than the western arrogance!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Any comments MasteroftheSea?

masterofsea

A Unique Form of Art:Chinese Calligraphy

Chinese Calligraphy is a highly abstract art form.

Chairman mao's

masterofsea

Traditional Chinese Music Instruments

pipa

Zheng

Erhu

Qin

A Band use traditional instruments,popular in east asia in recent yeasr

masterofsea

Well, I refuse to be cooked by western culture.

I will imbibe it but will maintain my culture and identity and if the west is not ready to accept me, then they can take a running jump.

I believe what Lord Byron said - If I am not fit for England, then England is not fit for me!!
At the irst,I admire your belief of your culture.

We are using ENGLISH in this forum,buddy.

No matter you admit or not,we were deeply influenced by western culture.Especially you Indians had being dominated by British colonists more than 200 years。

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador

No matter you admit or not,we were deeply influenced by western culture.Especially you Indians had being dominated by British colonists more than 200 years。
A small part of our thousands year history. Even Muslim invaders before them who ruled many parts of India for hundreds of years could not obliterate our civilization, something you can't say of most other regions.

They have left their imprint but our civilization is alive.

I think East Asia has been more Westernized (China, Japan, Korea etc.) than Indian subcontinent. In India you still have lots of people wearing ethnic dresses, hardly anyone in East Asia.

advaita

And so are you.

But that is the uniqueness of Indian culture compared to Chinese culture. You still have to make unnatural efforts at learning a language that you cannot even use properly. We take then better it. Using English we created a vast translations of all ancient philosophy and desiminated them widely all over the world. In business we created the ITES industry as we know it. We took even more from the world and will take even more in future and take it to heights that even the original users/creators will fail to. While you people due to your Middle Kingdom theory, that is not matched by facts and is not likely to in future too, will keep yourself pissed off and unproductive merely because you will keep vaccilating between superiority-overconfidence-unlearning-inferiority-lying to regain superiority.

The idea that matches the facts was aptly developed by Vinod2070 in the earlier post.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
should this sort of display of history and culture be part of this forum ,,,,, the starter of this thread did not explain what the pictures have to do with a defence forum .....it is a mindless display of some photographs ....what is the point of it ?? and how can others contribute to a wordless post ?? nonsensical and irrelevant ??

advaita

should this sort of display of history and culture be part of this forum ,,,,, the starter of this thread did not explain what the pictures have to do with a defence forum
Is this a defence forum or a military forum.
Defence requires way way more then just military hardware.

oooooooor am i wrong.

.....it is a mindless display of some photographs ....what is the point of it ?? and how can others contribute to a wordless post ?? nonsensical and irrelevant ??
I am also struck by the absence of the discussion by Chinese members about the people and there aspirations. But I guess these objects is how the Chinese probably think about history, people probably are only secondary.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
rahter out of place i would think

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Please start from the earliest civilizations. Also remember that most Indians have very little knowledge about China other than that it is a fellow ancient civilization that has deeply impacted the world.

Also, we all know that China and India have co-existed for 5000 years without a single soldier crossing the borders. The current feelings of hostilities or competition among a small section of population and leadership doesn't take that away.

Please post away!
There was and never had any sort of co existing btw china and india ever. Except for that chinese buddhist monk who traveled india for pilgrimage. It took more then two years for chinese Tang/Han princess wengchu to get Tibet after she tied her knot with Tibetan King. No chinese has ever dare to cross himalayas and come to live in Tibet then what makes you think any chinese can easily come to India as if its right across the boarder. You know that they had to 1st cross Tibetan boarder to be able to come to india which sums up to what more then 10 years back in the days. I guess now, that explains how much indians doesn't know about ancient chinese civilization and its geographical.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles