Chinese history and culture

redragon

Country flag
Oh, I know what you mean, you love cultural revolution and great leap forward. You deem them as master piece policy.

Don't do this, don't put words in my mouth. We are country man, I really mean to discuss with you. You can't deny one thing, PRC time is the only time china can avoid forein invasion in past 200 yr, even you accepted foreign invasion can break development. So you see, people are the same but leaders are different and we have witness the huge difference. So obviously your conclusion is not right.
I am not saying CCP is perfect, I am just want to give it the credit it deserved.

redragon

Country flag
The fact is China wasted 30 years under Mao. That was the golden period with low oil and mineral price.
This is your assumption, In ROC period, the oil price was even lower, but it wasted 30 yrs as well. In Qin and Roc, China simply can't protect what it has.
And I don't think CCP wasted 30 yrs, the foundation for the development was laid down in that period time.

redragon

Country flag
I feel deeply sorry for those who suffered in those 30 yrs, my parents are among them. however, I don't see a better way for China given how far behind it was.

mylegend

I feel deeply sorry for those who suffered in those 30 yrs, my parents are among them. however, I don't see a better way for China given how far behind it was.
We have complete different view on the history of Modern China, however, what have happen can no be changed. At the end of day, we are all Chinese, we are and we will always serve our country.

However, regardless of our different, you must admit CCP is pretty corrupted, as Chinese citizen, we all have responsibility to pressure the government and the party, that is the only way they will improve.

mylegend

This is your assumption, In ROC period, the oil price was even lower, but it wasted 30 yrs as well. In Qin and Roc, China simply can't protect what it has.
And I don't think CCP wasted 30 yrs, the foundation for the development was laid down in that period time.
ROC's still exist.... The period when they rule mainland, it was invaded by foreign country and communist party. KMT have flourish economicly in Taiwan, however, mainland struggle under Mao.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
How do you answer why they never deleted district discrimination post in news comment section? When they like to deleted many other comment? I did not say that communist party claims all rich were criminal, they just spread the ideology in the society to encourage people to think that way. In every news post about wealthy businessman, there comes the accusation that they earned their wealth illegally, many of them even have communist flag as their avatar and even post things like支持毛主席请点支持 on every single news. Often time they troll death of all revisionist, many of those people are paid propaganda screamer, don't tell me those people don't exist, from what I know, one of participant of 非诚勿扰 claims she is a 政府网管... That is the only explanation that I see their account activity with 7 days a week extreme communist comment posting during working hours, it is impossible for those thing to happen without being doing commenting as job.The propose is simple, to keep extreme communist mob continue to exist, with their existence, even I'm pro-stability because fears of mob rule, many pro-democratic middle class shares similar fear. They also promote district discrimination by promoting people like 孔庆东 that is pro-cultural revolution, pro district discrimination, calls Hong Kong resident as dog, create instability in society so people will continue to rely on CCP.
First of all, you are overestimate CCP's ability of managing internet. You think they can control everything even beyong internet. But they are not. they can only cover a little part of it which already consume a lot of resources.

Second, they don't pay a lot attention to it doesn't mean they encourage it. You know CCP doesn't take serious measure against Chinese public's unhealthy behavious such as spiting in the street, can we say CCP are encouraging it? There is millions of people criticizing or even cursing CCP each day, how many of them were prohibited? Very few. So can we say CCP are encouraing their behaviour?

You do not need one other than the one right now, all you need is to start the reform in 1950 and continue it to now. By doing that, China is already a developed nation, given to low oil and resource price in the period, and China can aligned itself with United States since two country shares the same enemy: USSR. It is possible, Nixon make alliance with China in 1970s to counter USSR, and the honey continue till end of 1980s.
Well, your plan is good, but where is the money coming from? Where is the technology? Where is those talents? Do you know how many technical mistakes were made by those scientists in industriliation before 1978? Do you know how many mistakes were made by those managers of state-owned companies in international trade before 1990? Do you how many mistakes are made today by us in economic ativities? Here, you are overestimating chinese. We are not genious. Just thinking we can overcome all the economic and policital obstacle to be a developed country today is a daydream.

Yourself admited that KMT have a one of most successful land reform in the.world history in Taiwan...
And I also point out why it was successful because it happend in Taiwan in stead of mainland. People may wonder the KMT didn't do the same thing in mainland? Because:
1.Themselves were the biggist landloads in mainland, how could they impose such thng on themselves?
2. Money, they didn't have enough money to make minimum compensation to the landloads in a country with 400millions people, but their money was enough for an island of merely 6 millions population in 1949.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles