Chinese general warns India against 'new trouble' as AK Antony visits

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Chinese general warns India against 'new trouble' as AK Antony visits Beijing

Chinese general warns India against 'new trouble' as AK Antony visits Beijing | NDTV.com

Beijing: An outspoken Chinese general known for his nationalist views warned India today against stirring up "new trouble" in a long-running border dispute, just as Defence Minister AK Antony was set to visit Beijing.

"The Indian side should not provoke new problems and increase military deployment at the border areas and stir up new trouble," Major General Luo Yuan told reporters.

Major General Luo, the deputy-director general of the world military research department at a People's Liberation Army academy, described himself at a briefing as a "reasonable hardliner".

He made waves last year with comments questioning the legitimacy of Japanese sovereignty over the Ryukyu Islands, a chain that includes Okinawa and hosts numerous United States military bases.

"India is the only country in the world that says that it is developing its military power because of China's military threat," said Major General Luo, who was wearing a business suit.

"So I believe that India should be very cautious in what it does and what it says."

A high-altitude frontier dispute between the nuclear-armed giants in the Himalayas has simmered for decades but intensified in May over troop movements in the region.

New Delhi alleged Chinese troops intruded nearly 20 kilometres into Indian territory.

A three-week standoff ensued and was resolved after talks between local military leaders and a withdrawal of troops from both sides.

The border situation was now generally "under control" following a visit to India in May by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, Major General Luo said.

His comments came as defence minister AK Antony was due to arrive in China later today for three days of talks, the first such trip in seven years.

Mr Antony's visit, on which he is accompanied by top Indian military commanders, coincides with a trip to China by Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

Pakistan, India's nuclear-armed neighbour and arch-rival, is a longstanding close ally of Beijing. Chinese officials describe their relationship with Islamabad as one between "all weather friends".

Good India deserves to be even bullied by these yellow frogs.

What Mr. Antony is going to tell his counterpart during his visit to China ? Muzzle this loud mouth PLA dog Luo Yuan?

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Re: Chinese general warns India against 'new trouble' as AK Antony vis

It's obvious that the Chinese state itself makes these second rate Generals give statements like these. Happens every time.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

It's obvious that the Chinese state itself makes these second rate Generals gives statements like these. Happens every time.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

statement from chini general shows Chinese are worried and some wat scared concerned by India rise:scared2::scared2::scared2:

we call it gedar bhapki
Hyena's false move and false howl... or china's false howl...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

We will be getting ICBM, SLBM, BMD, SSBN, nukes on hair trigger alert and got SSN and lots more in future it is nothing that Chinis can do about it. We may do some missile exports if things go bad. All to be used against china.

LalTopi

Chinese general warns India against 'new trouble' as AK Antony visits Beijing

Chinese general warns India against 'new trouble' as AK Antony visits Beijing | NDTV.com

Beijing: An outspoken Chinese general known for his nationalist views warned India today against stirring up "new trouble" in a long-running border dispute, just as Defence Minister AK Antony was set to visit Beijing.

"The Indian side should not provoke new problems and increase military deployment at the border areas and stir up new trouble," Major General Luo Yuan told reporters.

Major General Luo, the deputy-director general of the world military research department at a People's Liberation Army academy, described himself at a briefing as a "reasonable hardliner".

He made waves last year with comments questioning the legitimacy of Japanese sovereignty over the Ryukyu Islands, a chain that includes Okinawa and hosts numerous United States military bases.

"India is the only country in the world that says that it is developing its military power because of China's military threat," said Major General Luo, who was wearing a business suit.

"So I believe that India should be very cautious in what it does and what it says."

A high-altitude frontier dispute between the nuclear-armed giants in the Himalayas has simmered for decades but intensified in May over troop movements in the region.

New Delhi alleged Chinese troops intruded nearly 20 kilometres into Indian territory.

A three-week standoff ensued and was resolved after talks between local military leaders and a withdrawal of troops from both sides.

The border situation was now generally "under control" following a visit to India in May by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, Major General Luo said.

His comments came as defence minister AK Antony was due to arrive in China later today for three days of talks, the first such trip in seven years.

Mr Antony's visit, on which he is accompanied by top Indian military commanders, coincides with a trip to China by Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

Pakistan, India's nuclear-armed neighbour and arch-rival, is a longstanding close ally of Beijing. Chinese officials describe their relationship with Islamabad as one between "all weather friends".

Good India deserves to be even bullied by these yellow frogs.

What Mr. Antony is going to tell his counterpart during his visit to China ? Muzzle this loud mouth PLA dog Luo Yuan?
We should simply reassure the good general that we have no intention of provoking anything. we are a peaceful people and there is no increase in military deployment along the border. The new strike corp will be headquartered nowhere near the border, and the two mountain regiments is just a local job creation scheme.

amoy

Luo is a outspoken strategist and a "Maoist". Quite a lot of his points are enlightening such as consolidating various maritime forces into one Coast Guard, and Korean peninsula geopolitics.

He changed some of my perception. For example I used to parrot N Korea was a rogue or nerd.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

:dafuq: nuf said ! Chinis are afraid of the growing Indian military strength, India a Force To Be Reckoned with :truestory:

The Fox

I thought digvijay singh lives in India I didn't know he has a clone in China's PLA ooh boy.........

ladder

Country flag

Luo is a outspoken strategist and a "Maoist". Quite a lot of his points are enlightening such as consolidating various maritime forces into one Coast Guard, and Korean peninsula geopolitics.

He changed some of my perception. For example I used to parrot N Korea was a rogue or nerd.

I am not surprised.

And are you sure you don't keep on parroting on other issues?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The usual.

The Govt says something.

And the surrogate says the real thing.

And fools in the Indian Govt to include Cursed falls for the bait!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Kool uniform. I wonder if Nimo can get one of his babes to dress up in that.
His eyes and teeth gives him away!

trackwhack

Hahaha ... we have the chipmunks rattled. Why is the word warn used? He is quivering that we are openly talking about their direct threat, two front war, China specific doctrines etc. Bravo India, keep it up. They should know we arent to be fcked around with.:thumb:

SPIEZ

Country flag

Enlighten me about North Korea. What exactly has it achieved?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Chinese general warns India of getting uppity over their border incursions? It is time for India to buy Rafale and put China in its place.

natarajan

:rofl:
you sound like marketing manager for dassault.Will france sell its ssn to india or make new ones for india ?

t_co

Chinese general warns India of getting uppity over their border incursions? It is time for India to buy Rafale and put China in its place.
Millions of Indian children are starving to death, tens of millions of Indians can't find work, India is running both a trade and fiscal deficit, and you want India to spend its hard-earned foreign currency on French fighter planes that contribute nothing to India's industrial base except depreciation?4

Given the Indian economy, India ought to swallow its pride and spend its forex importing things that can actually help its people, instead of lining the pockets of defense contractors.

Blackwater

Millions of Indian children are starving to death, tens of millions of Indians can't find work, India is running both a trade and fiscal deficit, and you want India to spend its hard-earned foreign currency on French fighter planes that contribute nothing to India's industrial base except depreciation?4

Given the Indian economy, India ought to swallow its pride and spend its forex importing things that can actually help its people, instead of lining the pockets of defense contractors.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles