Chinese Gen.: ""If a US carrier enters the Yellow Sea it will become a living target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Chinese Gen.: ""If a US carrier enters the Yellow Sea it will become a living target"

Plenty of idiotic blustering from this Chinese Major General:

Living Target
JULY 07, 2010 11:19

Chinese Maj. Gen. Luo Yuan, a researcher at the Chinese Academy of Military Sciences, told a Hong Kong TV station Monday, "If a U.S. aircraft carrier enters the Yellow Sea, it will become a living target." Unleashing hard-line comments, he said, "Just as we'd block a snoring person from approaching one's bed, can we allow other people to perform a sword dance right in front of our door?," adding, "China is not fish but a tiger lion." The official Chinese daily Global Times also said that if the U.S. aircraft carrier USS George Washington enters the Yellow Sea to participate in a South Korea-U.S. anti-submarine drill, China must take "decisive action."

China has shown no restraint in its greed for territory. Jin Canrong, a professor at Renmin University in Beijing and a Korea expert, said, "The Yellow Sea is a region that China seeks to designate as a core interest area along with Taiwan, Tibet and Uighur, just like the South China Sea." China seeks to block a U.S. advance by using the concept of an island chain to cover Sakhalin, the Japanese archipelago, Okinawa, Taiwan and the Philippines. Since Beijing considers the western water section of the chain as a core interest area, it seeks to block the U.S. Navy from entering.

China believes that it cannot afford to allow the South Korea-U.S. joint drill since it entails the U.S. Navy's entry into its island chain. The "aircraft carrier killer" missile Beijing is developing cannot accurately strike American vessels, and China has yet to develop a long-range missile. The Chinese, however, can attack an aircraft carrier fleet by remodeling its Dongfeng intercontinental ballistic missile, a nuclear warhead which has massive destructive capability. Washington can counter with its maritime missile defense system. The two global superpowers are engaged in a fierce battle to take over hegemony behind the scenes of the sinking of the South Korean naval vessel Cheonan by a North Korean torpedo.

http://english.donga.com/srv/service...=2010070748478

SHASH2K2

I am waiting for Chinese to challenge USA fleet. it will be end of all false claims or chinese propaganda . Whole world will see how effective chinese toys are . I am just waiting for Chinese anti ship missile being destroyed by USA Navy.

amoy

I am just waiting for Chinese anti ship missile being destroyed by USA Navy.
+++++++++++
don't wait.

those toys for deterrence are only effective before they're put into real use telling the USN the possible cost for aggressions

SHASH2K2

+++++++++++
don't wait.

those toys for deterrence are only effective before they're put into real use telling the USN the possible cost for aggressions
Question is how accurate they are and will it be able to penetrate USA defences?

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
+++++++++++
don't wait.

It still has to cross the AD on the Aleigh Burke class destroyers and penetrte the CBG's air defence cover.

SHASH2K2

+++++++++++
don't wait.

You dream that your subs and missiles will be able to evade USA satellites and sensors? THEY CANNOT . USA has designed satellites specially to track Chinese subs.

EagleOne

when is us-korea drill starts want to see ....==ev++vil++

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
A Gen from the army talks about navy stuff? Wonder what Chinese admirals think about the whole matter.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Ohio-class submarines Deployed Near China (Send a Message)
By MARK THOMPSON / WASHINGTON Mark Thompson / Washington – 2 hrs 33 mins ago

If China's satellites and spies were working properly, there was a flood of unsettling intelligence flowing into the Beijing headquarters of the Chinese Navy last week. A new class of U.S. super weapon had suddenly surfaced nearby. It was an Ohio-class submarine, which for decades carried only nuclear missiles targeted against the Soviet Union, and then Russia. But this one was different: for nearly three years, the U.S. Navy has been dispatching modified "boomers" to who knows where (they do travel underwater, after all). Four of the 18 ballistic-missile subs no longer carry nuclear-tipped Trident missiles. Instead, they now hold up to 154 Tomahawk cruise missiles, capable of hitting anything within 1,000 miles with non-nuclear warheads.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599200237800

US subs should beware of their next move is to call themselves shark-cheetahs-snake.
That's when you'll know they're really serious!

Last edited:

ankur

i was thinking if those anti ship ballistic missile launchers on the ground can be destroyed by some system

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Since when did China caught this disease, called pakistan Syndrome of Delusions, and have started making Fools of themselves? :emot0:

Country flag
This is the beginning of a new cold war and even the rogue proxy states China has setup cannot save them, 3 OHIO subs can level most of the Chinese Eastern seaboard to dust.

SHASH2K2

This is the beginning of a new cold war and even the rogue proxy states China has setup cannot save them, 3 OHIO subs can level most of the Chinese Eastern seaboard to dust.
And USA can spare a lot more than that . I think USA is preparing an strategy to nullify Advantages of Chinese subs and their threats.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I would like to see China step on American toes hard enough that they decide a "put it in its place" course of action against China.

It could be many things. Such as rapid disinvestment in China, aggressive military postures, economic isolation.

Tihar Jail
Banned
does the US owe China a trillion dollars?

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

I would like to see China step on American toes hard enough that they decide a "put it in its place" course of action against China.

It could be many things. Such as rapid disinvestment in China, aggressive military postures, economic isolation.
We will be biggest gainer out of this.
:happy_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles