Chinese electric car company Nio doubles deliveries in 2020 as local competition ramps up for Tesla

rockdog

Country flag
Chinese electric car company Nio doubles deliveries in 2020 as local competition ramps up for Tesla

• Chinese electric car start-ups Nio, Li Auto and Xpeng each announced in the last few days that vehicle deliveries surged last year.
  • The U.S.-listed shares of the three automakers have soared over the last several months.
  • As much ground as the start-ups have gained, the numbers still fall far short of Elon Musk’s Tesla, which stepped up its promotions in the country on New Year’s Day and delivered about five times more cars worldwide last year than the three start-ups combined.

rockdog

Country flag
Chinese EV rivals line up to challenge Tesla on their home turf

• Chinese Tesla rival Nio recently reported forecast-beating earnings results, while profits at recent IPO Xpeng also came in ahead of Wall Street analyst estimates.
  • China’s market may grow faster than the U.S., especially if a Biden administration does not restore EV credits, but Tesla is poised to succeed in China, where as much as 40% of its sales may soon be.
  • The stock market remains divided on whether the rapidly rising valuations of these new EV companies is far ahead of the business reality, even for a market is big as China.
  • GM said last week it is jacking up its spending on electric vehicles and EVs will be “core” to the company’s future.

rockdog

Country flag
Nio delivered 7007 ES6 on Decmber 2020, with USD50,000 each.

00a.jpg

rockdog

Country flag
Xpeng delivered 5700 totally on December 2020 with USD35000 average per.

00b.jpg

rockdog

Country flag
Li Auto delievered 6126 SUV on december 2020 with $USD55000 each.

1609560676566.jpg

rockdog

Country flag
BYD’s Type Han sold 12089 with $USD40000 each on December 2020.

7e3e6709c93d70cfe02b846616490a07bba12b21.jpg

rockdog

Country flag
Tesla China sold 21604 pcs in November 2020. Basically, the EV's war in China begins from Year of 2021. Let's see!

rockdog

Country flag
Wuling‘s Mini EV sold 127651 in half year. with average price of $USD5,000

Deathstar

Country flag
Dude i have actually started liking China a lot. They understood evil intentions of the western social media companies and banned them. Good for you. Only if India had balls like the Chinese , though u are our enemy, i have utmost respect for you

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dude i have actually started liking China a lot. They understood evil intentions of the western social media companies and banned them. Good for you. Only if India had balls like the Chinese , though u are our enemy, i have utmost respect for you
The only thing which I appreciate about China.

SKC

Country flag
Unfortunately that's the only good thing they did. For other companies they have opened the market completely now.
They even got rid away of the condition of getting a Chinese partner with almost 50% partnership recently. Tesla is fully US owned company with manufacturing plant in China.

rockdog

Country flag
As a Chinese i think banning TikTok in India made ByteDancing lost lots of money and jobs and feel sad.
But if as an Indian, it's reasonable, social media is such powerful stuff, it's part of national security, i am curious wheter GOI have balls to deal with facebook and twitter.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
As a Chinese i think banning TikTok in India made ByteDancing lost lots of money and jobs and feel sad.
But if as an Indian, it's reasonable, social media is such powerful stuff, it's part of national security, i am curious wheter GOI have balls to deal with facebook and twitter.
Lets see, india is old civilization and we must not now down to anyone who wishes to control of society without giving a fight .

johnq

In the latest example, government-backed WM Motor on Wednesday announced a nationwide recall of 1,282 EX5 SUVs after four reports of battery fires in a month.
The company said that impurities in the battery cell production could cause short circuits and potentially, fires. ZTE Gaoneng Technology, a four-year-old battery supplier affiliated with Chinese telecommunications giant ZTE, later acknowledged it was involved in two of the incidents, while WM Motor has not revealed the suppliers for the other two incidents. The EV company works with multiple battery makers to keep prices low, including Chinese battery giant CATL.
WM Motor is the second Chinese EV maker that has issued a recall due to combustion risk. The move could be very costly and overshadow its plan for a listing on Shanghai’s STAR Market scheduled for early next year. Nio last summer recalled 4,803 crossovers due to a battery pack vulnerability which could result in a short circuit, costing the company RMB 340 million ($49.4 million). CATL is Nio’s only battery pack supplier.

rockdog

Country flag
Here's what Nio's first sedan to rival Tesla in China looks like

BEIJING — Chinese electric car start-up Nio released its first sedan on Saturday with self-driving technology features that the company claims surpass that of Tesla.
Pre-subsidy prices for the et7 sedan start at 448,000 yuan ($69,000) with a 70 kilowatt-per-hour battery pack. If customers choose to pay for battery services based on a 980 yuan monthly subscription fee, the vehicle costs 378,000 yuan.

Deliveries are set to begin in the first quarter of 2022, company founder and chairman William Li said at a launch event in Chengdu, China. Pre-orders began Saturday.

The et7 claims a driving range of 1,000 kilometers (621 miles). That's more than the 706 kilometer-range of Xpeng's P7 sedan, which the company claimed last year was the most for any electric car in China.

rockdog

Country flag
Stocks of Tesla's Chinese battery supplier CATL soar over 15%

Tesla's Chinese battery supplier Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Ltd. (CATL) on Monday saw its stock price soar more than 15 percent by closing of trade, with market value exceeding 941 billion yuan ($146 billion) and ranking eighth in the A-share market.

Founded in 2011, CATL is the world's biggest electric vehicle battery manufacturer. It went public in Shenzhen in 2018, and its stock price has risen 14 times on the offering price while its market value has grown more than 10 times.

rockdog

Country flag
Xpeng Delivers First EVs to Norway in Slow-Going Europe Entry

-https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/xpeng-delivers-first-evs-to-norway-in-slow-going-europe-entry

The Guangzhou-based company has begun handing over the first 100 of its G3 sport utility vehicles to customers in the country where EVs have seized a dominant market share. The model starts from 358,000 krone ($41,000).

Xpeng P7 reveiws:

johnq

Unreliable batteries and other quality problems have also dampened consumer enthusiasm. Nio last year recalled 4,800 car batteries after reports of several fires, worsening the unprofitable company’s already precarious finances. The startup lost $1.2 billion in the first nine months of 2019 and recently warned it could run out of cash this year unless it raises new funding.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles