Chinese daily says its jet superior to Russian fighter

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag

China's new fighter aircraft J-15 is not a copy of the Russian Su-33 and is in fact superior to it, a state-run Chinese daily said Thursday.

On Nov 25, China's carrier-borne J-15 fighter jet successfully underwent a series of tests on the Liaoning, China's first aircraft carrier. People's Daily said the J-15 is equipped with two high-power engines and a brand-new system of high lift device, takeoff and landing device and arrester hook.

Its wing can be folded up to both maintain the excellent combat capability and meet the special requirement of landing on the Liaoning. Featuring large combat radius, excellent maneuvering performance and high bombs carrying capacity, the J-15 has a fighting capability of full sea and full airspace.

The Russian media guessed that the J-15 is a copy of Russian Su-33 carrier-borne fighter jet because its appearance is similar to Su-33.

Geng Yansheng, spokesman of the Ministry of National Defense of China, was quoted as saying that many weapons have the same design principle and some command and protection methods are also similar. "Therefore, it at least is non-professional to conclude that China copied the aircraft carrier technology of other countries only by simply comparison."

The state-run daily then cited areas in which it says the Chinese fighter is ahead of the Russian jet.

First, J-15 has an avionics more advanced than Su-33. Su-33 is equipped with old-fashioned ARINC429 discrete avionics system of one-way low-speed data bus, while J-15 adopts joint avionics system of bidirectional data bus.

TS-100, the Su-33"²s fire-control computer, has a computing speed of only 170,000 times per second, while the J-15"²s fire-control computer has an estimated computing speed of over several million times per second, said the media report.

The J-15 owns a much more advanced radar system than the Su-33. Due to its backward avionics system, the Su-33 can only serve as interceptors, and is incapable of air-to-ground precision strike.

The J-15 adopts improved materials and production techniques, and thus has greater strength and lighter weight.

Finally, the J-15 is powered by Taihang (WS-10) turbofan engine, which is more powerful than the Su-33"²s engine.

"Overall, the J-15 is superior to the Su-33, and is comparable to world-class carrier-based aircraft such as the United States' F-18 and France's Rafale," the daily concluded.

Chinese daily says its jet superior to Russian fighter | idrw.org

welll the chinese media is saying that J-15 is not a copy of Su33 citing reason that just similar looking doesnt mean copy assuming people would really beleive it and on top of it boasting it is superior to Su 33 & thats not all ,saying openly it is comparable to RAFALE .

i dont have words to express my feeling after reading such things just 1 word
BLAAAHH !!!!:lol:

Last edited:

winton

I guess its superior because the russians have really declined.

Under putin russia has nothing but oil and resources, which they mostly sell to the chinese.

badguy2000

Respected Member
su33 were produced in 1980s-early 1990s,while popular CPU was still 286.....its avionics are completely outdated.

And J15 were produced after 2008 and popular CPU now are 4-processor I7,let alone new material that are used on J15..

of course J15 is more advanced than Su33

badguy2000

Respected Member

welll the chinese media is saying that J-15 is not a copy of Su33 citing reason that just similar looking doesnt mean copy assuming people would really beleive it and on top of it boasting it is superior to Su 33 & thats not all ,saying openly it is comparable to RAFALE .

i dont have words to express my feeling after reading such things just 1 word
[B][SIZE=5]BLAAAHH !!!![/SIZE][/B]:lol:[/QUOTE]

Exactly speaking, Su33 and J15 are cousins,because they all were developed on the base of the prototype T10K,which is still a unfinished bird.

. they have different internal structures ,radars, avionic ,weapons system and engines,althought they look alike .
So, of course J15 is not the copy of Su33

you don't think so,just because you don' t know so.

lcatejas

Chinese are very much confident that they had copied it well ....:laugh:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
su33 were produced in 1980s-early 1990s,while popular CPU was still 286.....its avionics are completely outdated.

And J15 were produced after 2008 and popular CPU now are 4-processor I7,let alone new material that are used on J15..

of course J15 is more advanced than Su33
Quite smart of you to compare old 18 year eletronic tech with what is available today.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It must be a real great aircraft.

I believe the US and Russia wants to by some!

They are not selling to India and Vietnam or Philippines, though all are wanting it, including Japan!

Last edited:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I think we can get some from the Russian Aircraft dump yard were old and outdated planes and jet fighters are stalled and standing still.......

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

ice berg

At least they are not getting ripped off unlike some other navy. :rolleyes:

Some people just like to be a milkcow for the russians.

Have fun with the thread:)

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Exactly speaking, Su33 and J15 are cousins,because they all were developed on the base of the prototype T10K,which is still a unfinished bird.

. they have different internal structures ,radars, avionic ,weapons system and engines,althought they look alike .
So, of course J15 is not the copy of Su33

you don't think so,just because you don' t know so.
yes !!!

i seriously dont know what is called a copy??? & what is a genuine indigenious?? :lol:

it is just like J7 is not a copy of mig 21 it is just a look alike & it is superior to mig 21

as it has indigenious chinese avionics ,indigenoius chinese tires ,indigenious chinese paint?????:laugh:

badguy2000

Respected Member
yes !!!

i seriously dont know what is called a copy??? & what is a genuine indigenious?? :lol:

it is just like J7 is not a copy of mig 21 it is just a look alike & it is superior to mig 21

as it has indigenious chinese avionics ,indigenoius chinese tires ,indigenious chinese paint?????:laugh:

and different internal structure? different weapon system? different engine? different material?different radar? different avionics?

mikhail

Country flag
yeah the most important thing is that it can fight(even our Hawker Hunters can also fight if they are properly renovated),but the important question is will they be able to fight with IAF Rafales and SU-30 MKIs?:rofl:

s002wjh

Country flag
Chinese are very much confident that they had copied it well ....:laugh:
you might want to read up defination of copy:
"An imitation or reproduction of an original; a duplicate"

if my car look similar to toyota, but all my engine, electronic, etc is different is it a copy? no, its drive from base design

Hari Sud

Country flag
What else can they say?

They will never say that they copied every part of it and never got it right.

Oblaks

you might want to read up defination of copy:
"An imitation or reproduction of an original; a duplicate"

if my car look similar to toyota, but all my engine, electronic, etc is different is it a copy? no, its drive from base design
Here comes mr nonsense again

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles