Chinese Culture and Society Megathread

SexyChineseLady

Beer waitress with martial arts skills!

She is opening Snow Beer (best selling beer in China!)
IMG_8928.jpeg

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Gyyan

Country flag
It's alright that you post these cute girls and your simp culture surrounding it.
But it's annoying from our point of view.
Do you see any other thread obsessing about cute girls here aside from a few passing Jokes.
Screenshot_2023-06-02-09-22-08-090_com.twitter.android.jpg
Screenshot_2023-06-02-09-22-15-513_com.twitter.android.jpg

I can't share the tweet but this may give some insight.
If you don't get it they both are the same person, irl and on a livestream

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

I think this is one of those rare occasions where most if not all Indian members here would wholeheartedly endorse this action of the CCP .
Yunnan protest: Mosque closure sees clashes with security forces

How did Muslims come to Yunnan?

600 years ago, Muslims played a vital role in China's pacification of the Mongols.

"Some 250,000 to 300,000 Han and Hui Muslim troops were mobilized to crush the remaining Yuan-held territory in Yunnan in 1381.

The Ming General Fu Youde led the attack on the Mongol and Muslim forces of the Northern Yuan. Also fighting on the Ming side were Generals Mu Ying and Lan Yu, who led Ming loyalist Muslim troops against Yuan loyalist Muslims.

The Prince of Liang, Basalawarmi, committed suicide on January 6, 1382, as the Ming dynasty Muslim troops overwhelmed the Northern Yuan's Mongol and Muslim forces. Mu Ying and his Muslim troops were given hereditary status as military garrisons of the Ming dynasty and remained in the province."

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

SexyChineseLady

Ifeoma Amuche of Nigeria was given the honor of making the graduation speech for the Class of 2023 at Southwest University, Chongqing, China! Her Chinese is immaculate!

IMG_9477.jpeg

IMG_9476.jpeg

SexyChineseLady

What a wonderful interaction and learning experience between a little Chinese girl and an African vlogger!

SexyChineseLady

Intense filming session for one of the summer's biggest hits -- Lost in the Stars.

It made over $400M in 15 days.

Azaad

Country flag
Intense filming session for one of the summer's biggest hits -- Lost in the Stars.

It made over $400M in 15 days.

For me while there are many Chinese movies I admire , this remains my all time favourite. Stephen Chow the Producer Director Writer & Star of the movie must have had a total ball making this hilariously zany movie & it shows.

The dialogues are a hoot even when dubbed in English which tells you how good they must have been in the original Cantonese. I'm told the Chinese think there's no better language to insult people in than Cantonese . This movie is certainly proof of that .

A word of appreciation about the dubbing artists too & those who wrote the dialogues in English. Apparently instead of merely translating the original Cantonese dialogues in English they did their own thing mostly while retaining the spirit of the original Cantonese dialogues & stayed true to the story of the movie

I doubt Chows's subsequent movies have ever come close to the chutzpah of Kung Fu hustle or replicated it in terms of it's pizzaz or panache.

SexyChineseLady

For me while there are many Chinese movies I admire , this remains my all time favourite. Stephen Chow the Producer Director Writer & Star of the movie must have had a total ball making this hilariously zany movie & it shows.

The dialogues are a hoot even when dubbed in English which tells you how good they must have been in the original Cantonese. I'm told the Chinese think there's no better language to insult people in than Cantonese . This movie is certainly proof of that .

A word of appreciation about the dubbing artists too & those who wrote the dialogues in English. Apparently instead of merely translating the original Cantonese dialogues in English they did their own thing mostly while retaining the spirit of the original Cantonese dialogues & stayed true to the story of the movie

I doubt Chows's subsequent movies have ever come close to the chutzpah of Kung Fu hustle or replicated it in terms of it's pizzaz or panache.
Chow's stuff is great. Yeah, the Cantonese is supposed to be crazy funny. But even the translated mandarin is pretty hilarioue.

You need to check out Shaolin Soccer!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles