Chinese Culture and Society Megathread

Tang

Country flag
Square dance is the closest activity to life in China, from primary school to your seventies and eighties, everyone is doing something.
Every night, everyone, men and women, young and old, can join in if One want
Good way of socializing.

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
👍

Hi,
Can you specify the 5-10 major problems which Chinese citizen feel should be eradicated in China?
And is their any election system inside CCP or Chinese govt.
How does it function?
The Chinese are generally problem-driven.
Maybe we should look at what the Chinese cared about ten years ago.
in 2010 Things below the Chinese concerned.
1.Will China experience inflation after the 2008 financial crisis?
2.Will China's GDP surpass that of Japan?
3.The stock market and real estate which will have a bubble?
4. When will the problem of environmental protection be solved?
5.H1N1 Will it be contagious in China?
6.Will state-owned enterprises become bigger, or will they make way for private enterprises?
7.Will medical insurance cover more widely?

Tang

Country flag
The Chinese are generally problem-driven.
Maybe we should look at what the Chinese cared about ten years ago.
in 2010 Things below the Chinese concerned.
1.Will China experience inflation after the 2008 financial crisis?
2.Will China's GDP surpass that of Japan?
3.The stock market and real estate which will have a bubble?
4. When will the problem of environmental protection be solved?
5.H1N1 Will it be contagious in China?
6.Will state-owned enterprises become bigger, or will they make way for private enterprises?
7.Will medical insurance cover more widely?
Great,
What are the current one?
And about govt structure?

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Great,
What are the current one?
And about govt structure?
In 2010, China's GDP did not surpass Japan's, but now it has, and the problem of environmental protection has basically been solved.State-owned enterprises are only in key areas, with only 152 centrally controlled enterprises. Medical insurance has basically covered 90% of the population.

What Chinese people are most concerned about now is

1.Will China's population decline?
2.when will Property tax be introduced, prices will not rise?
3. When can the social security card be used nationwide?
4.Can delayed retirement alleviate the pressure of providing for the aged?

Medical care, pension, education, employment, environmental protection, housing prices, grain and vegetable prices, personal income,These are the problems of most people's concerned

Because the structure of the government is a combination of high technology and the ancient bureaucratic selection system.

Now the consensus is that the law is the cornerstone,Now the system is very efficient, using a combination of technology management and technology anti-corruption, such as digital currency.
Most people are wary of one person one vote,Because China is still in accordance with the ancient concept of governing the country,Governing a big country is like frying a small fish,It can't turne over frequently, and it will be broken easy. Will think carefully before changing a little bit.
As Taiwan and Hong Kong have shown, one person, one vote can easily become populist and controlled,Torn society, serious internal friction, no one is responsible

Now the government structure is running well, and there is no plan to change it, as long as the government can continue to solve the problems of concern. The main reason is that the governments of other countries have done too badly

Tang

Country flag
In 2010, China's GDP did not surpass Japan's, but now it has, and the problem of environmental protection has basically been solved.State-owned enterprises are only in key areas, with only 152 centrally controlled enterprises. Medical insurance has basically covered 90% of the population.

What Chinese people are most concerned about now is

1.Will China's population decline?
2.when will Property tax be introduced, prices will not rise?
3. When can the social security card be used nationwide?
4.Can delayed retirement alleviate the pressure of providing for the aged?

Medical care, pension, education, employment, environmental protection, housing prices, grain and vegetable prices, personal income,These are the problems of most people's concerned

Because the structure of the government is a combination of high technology and the ancient bureaucratic selection system.

Now the consensus is that the law is the cornerstone,Now the system is very efficient, using a combination of technology management and technology anti-corruption, such as digital currency.
Most people are wary of one person one vote,Because China is still in accordance with the ancient concept of governing the country,Governing a big country is like frying a small fish,It can't turne over frequently, and it will be broken easy. Will think carefully before changing a little bit.
As Taiwan and Hong Kong have shown, one person, one vote can easily become populist and controlled,Torn society, serious internal friction, no one is responsible

Now the government structure is running well, and there is no plan to change it, as long as the government can continue to solve the problems of concern. The main reason is that the governments of other countries have done too badly
Congrats for medical insurance coverage.
But is it state sponsored or private or a mandatory by law like in USA?

India has also started giving medical insurance card for its poor population first. - Good progress in this area here, maybe in half a decade we can have 80-90 coverage, if govt pushes it hard.

Further few question why cancer treatment is so expensive in China, I have seen Chinese buying cancer medicine from India. Why?

Also I wanted to know more about the current structure in Chinese govt., Last I heard there are internal elections in CCP? Is it correct?

I am not interested if Chinese PPL want democracy or not it's their choice.

And what kind of social security card? Is it for free or low cost ration like in India or something else.

Lastly thanks for the response.

Best regards

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Congrats for medical insurance coverage.
But is it state sponsored or private or a mandatory by law like in USA?

India has also started giving medical insurance card for its poor population first. - Good progress in this area here, maybe in half a decade we can have 80-90 coverage, if govt pushes it hard.

Further few question why cancer treatment is so expensive in China, I have seen Chinese buying cancer medicine from India. Why?

Also I wanted to know more about the current structure in Chinese govt., Last I heard there are internal elections in CCP? Is it correct?

I am not interested if Chinese PPL want democracy or not it's their choice.

And what kind of social security card? Is it for free or low cost ration like in India or something else.

Lastly thanks for the response.

Best regards
China's medical insurance system is neither free nor entirely personal pay. The minimum payment of national medical insurance is 280 yuan per person per year,The higher the salary, the higher the contribution. The cost of medical treatment is shared by medical insurance and individuals in proportion. Different diseases and treatment methods have different proportions,If you only go to the hospital for CT, the medical insurance reimbursement is 40%, if you are hospitalized, 65%, and if you are seriously ill, 75%. Because China can not bypass the patent production of generic drugs, so many drugs in the patent period, the price is relatively high. In recent years, the price of drugs and equipment has been greatly reduced within the scope of medical insurance.Because China has implemented a system called purchasing on behalf of quantity.Negotiate by the country and pharmaceutical company, countrywide medical insurance procures a kind of medicine, achieve how many amount, the price is reduced to how much.The price of drugs covered by medical insurance has been reduced by about 80%, and the original heart stent has been reduced from 8000 RMB to 700 RMB.

China's political system, in fact, has been changing.Twenty years ago, China held elections at the grassroots level.Now all the village heads are directly elected,Of course, there are also many problems, such as candidates relying on family, or bribery(Send a bucket of cooking oil or something) to win votes and so on

The higher government is actually a bureaucratic system, After graduation, he will take part in the civil service examination,Then went different departments do it from the bottom.

The reason why Xi Jinping can win over Li Keqiang,in a vote by 300 deputy ministers from the whole country at Beidaihe,because Xi is from the grass-roots level step by step. He served as a top leader in a village,And then be the leader in a county,a city ,a province( If you are less than 50 years old at this time, then congratulations, you are a candidate for the president of the country), Mayor of Shanghai, (If the former president retires in a few years, he will be elected internally),Xi's step is mare solid than Likeqiang, decades of experience in local government. LI withoutThere is no countryside.He has no experience in governing a village or county, and he is directly from the central department to mayor of one city,This is his biggest.It's his biggest weakness, this is his biggest weakness, so he lost to Xi.
To be the president of the country, you need to be a governor or a minister before you are 50 years old,in the process, must rely on untainted political achievements,and beat the other candidates, of course, the loser is the prime minister😂.

rockdog

Country flag
👍

Hi,
Can you specify the 5-10 major problems which Chinese citizen feel should be eradicated in China?
And is their any election system inside CCP or Chinese govt.
How does it function?
I have right to vote the district level of congressman of govenment (People's Representitive), i am living in city i only care about money making so i don't care about vote.

Several issues i concern
1. Education fairness and cost (for my kid)
2. Health care fairness and cost
3. Technical competition with USA (in my business field)
4. Real estate pricing (my investment field)
5. Good business environment (in my business field)
6. Anti corruption (in my business field)
7. Growing muslim population in west (my personal feeling, i m in centeral, locally we don't have muslim issue.)

Tang

Country flag
China's medical insurance system is neither free nor entirely personal pay. The minimum payment of national medical insurance is 280 yuan per person per year,The higher the salary, the higher the contribution. The cost of medical treatment is shared by medical insurance and individuals in proportion. Different diseases and treatment methods have different proportions,If you only go to the hospital for CT, the medical insurance reimbursement is 40%, if you are hospitalized, 65%, and if you are seriously ill, 75%. Because China can not bypass the patent production of generic drugs, so many drugs in the patent period, the price is relatively high. In recent years, the price of drugs and equipment has been greatly reduced within the scope of medical insurance.Because China has implemented a system called purchasing on behalf of quantity.Negotiate by the country and pharmaceutical company, countrywide medical insurance procures a kind of medicine, achieve how many amount, the price is reduced to how much.The price of drugs covered by medical insurance has been reduced by about 80%, and the original heart stent has been reduced from 8000 RMB to 700 RMB.

China's political system, in fact, has been changing.Twenty years ago, China held elections at the grassroots level.Now all the village heads are directly elected,Of course, there are also many problems, such as candidates relying on family, or bribery(Send a bucket of cooking oil or something) to win votes and so on

The higher government is actually a bureaucratic system, After graduation, he will take part in the civil service examination,Then went different departments do it from the bottom.

The reason why Xi Jinping can win over Li Keqiang,in a vote by 300 deputy ministers from the whole country at Beidaihe,because Xi is from the grass-roots level step by step. He served as a top leader in a village,And then be the leader in a county,a city ,a province( If you are less than 50 years old at this time, then congratulations, you are a candidate for the president of the country), Mayor of Shanghai, (If the former president retires in a few years, he will be elected internally),Xi's step is mare solid than Likeqiang, decades of experience in local government. LI withoutThere is no countryside.He has no experience in governing a village or county, and he is directly from the central department to mayor of one city,This is his biggest.It's his biggest weakness, this is his biggest weakness, so he lost to Xi.
To be the president of the country, you need to be a governor or a minister before you are 50 years old,in the process, must rely on untainted political achievements,and beat the other candidates, of course, the loser is the prime minister😂.
Isn't it partial insurance, I think China is wealthy enough to provide full insurance to its citizens of course upto a monetary limit.

Like in India, Govt. of India provide medical insurance under Ayushman Bharat Yojana(started in 2018) - which covers hospitalization(in any hospital, be it private or state-run) cost, etc up to 5lakh rupees (~ 7000 USD), the premium for it is almost free( 4 USD per year)

Medical cost in India is super affordable compared to the west or maybe china(frankly I don't know)
So 7000 USD covers almost every major disease/surgery etc.

Currently, 150 million are covered in this. with the target of 50M
This is all state-sponsored, I am not counting on private insurance given by companies to its employees or taken by individuals themselves.

Now coming to generic medicine- Even India has never bypassed any patent regarding medicine -
There is an amazing scheme by govt. of India - Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana -
Basically these are stores which provide generic medicines, I am saving on my family medical cost for up to 60-70%

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Calling me a b*tch is really mean. I don't want to report people but that's going over the line :mad2:

Yes, elephants running down streets is part of Chinese culture for quite a few years now:

Some even visit other countries and come back:

Okay some just cause trouble:
Okay whatver,
But that was cool 😂
I personally admire elephants and of the opinion that they very noble creatures with a robust morality

Tang

Country flag
I have right to vote the district level of congressman of govenment (People's Representitive), i am living in city i only care about money making so i don't care about vote.

Several issues i concern
1. Education fairness and cost (for my kid)
2. Health care fairness and cost
3. Technical competition with USA (in my business field)
4. Real estate pricing (my investment field)
5. Good business environment (in my business field)
6. Anti corruption (in my business field)
7. Growing muslim population in west (my personal feeling, i m in centeral, locally we don't have muslim issue.)
What is the concern regarding education "fairness"?
Education cost is currently at ok level here for most.

Healthcare - I have explained above.

Technical competition - In which field, you deal, automobile?

Real estate - real estate price is high here too. Can you also explain more on "Chinese Real estate bubble"
Is this anything for real, I heard most Chinese don't invest much in stock market but real estate like 3-4 additional home.
And what about planned skeleton/ghost cities?

Business environment - In shenzhen, anybody can copy others' works - is it true?
does it impact original company's business?
this phenomenon present in whole china?
Is there any patent protection for domestic companies?

Anti-Corruption -Good point, can you explain more regarding corruption in China?

Muslim population - why are so worried? they are minuscule in size, isn't it?
Were there any Islamic terrorist attacks in china?

rockdog

Country flag
Education cost is currently at ok level here for most.
For my income is OK, i prepared enough money for my kid, but for covering most people with good education (especially the college/university level), the quality and cost are still not good.

Technical competition - In which field, you deal, automobile?
I mainly care about IT field, automobile is my hobby.
Huawei as single company hired 150,000 people, with average salary of $USD120,000/year.
Tencent, Alibaba, Xiaomi, JD have similar size and salary level. If we survive the competition with USA, we wil have a huge pool of high income people, it will be the powerhouse of China.

Real estate - real estate price is high here too. Can you also explain more on "Chinese Real estate bubble"
Is this anything for real, I heard most Chinese don't invest much in stock market but real estate like 3-4 additional home.
And what about planned skeleton/ghost cities?
1. I persoanlly invest 4 house for past 15 yrs, and i gained a lot, what i worried about is: high price of real estate will be bad for young generation seeking opportunities in central cities.

2. for ghost cities, 15 yrs ago i debated with Indian why we China built so much empty high ways and buildings in inland China. Now it's the true destination for most industries moved from coastal line, only small part of them are leaking to Vietnam and India. Because we have far better infras.. in inland China than ASEAN nations and India. Those so called ghost town are pretty vivid now.

Business environment - In shenzhen, anybody can copy others' works - is it true?
does it impact original company's business?
this phenomenon present in whole china?
Is there any patent protection for domestic companies?
The IP issues are fast changing, there are more and more law suit happened in this area.

Muslim population - why are so worried? they are minuscule in size, isn't it?
Were there any Islamic terrorist attacks in china?
The percentage of Muslim in some of our provinces are increasng. We didn't have terror attack for around 5 yrs. But i am still worried about this group. I support Modi's attitude to this group.

Tang

Country flag
For my income is OK, i prepared enough money for my kid, but for covering most people with good education (especially the college/university level), the quality and cost are still not good.

I mainly care about IT field, automobile is my hobby.
Huawei as single company hired 150,000 people, with average salary of $USD120,000/year.
Tencent, Alibaba, Xiaomi, JD have similar size and salary level. If we survive the competition with USA, we wil have a huge pool of high income people, it will be the powerhouse of China.

1. I persoanlly invest 4 house for past 15 yrs, and i gained a lot, what i worried about is: high price of real estate will be bad for young generation seeking opportunities in central cities.

2. for ghost cities, 15 yrs ago i debated with Indian why we China built so much empty high ways and buildings in inland China. Now it's the true destination for most industries moved from coastal line, only small part of them are leaking to Vietnam and India. Because we have far better infras.. in inland China than ASEAN nations and India. Those so called ghost town are pretty vivid now.

The IP issues are fast changing, there are more and more law suit happened in this area.

If you don't mind How much did you make in real estate in percentage term?

Here in India property rate are almost stagnated after Demonitisation.(atleast in NCR)

The percentage of Muslim in some of our provinces are increasng. We didn't have terror attack for around 5 yrs. But i am still worried about this group. I support Modi's attitude to this group.
MODI is not against muslims at all, govt don't target any community here, rather it has increased grant for minority scholarships, introduced schemes to modernise Islamic school with English and computer education etc.

Not even one policy is against muslims in all his tenure 14 yr as CM and 6 years as PM

johnq

View attachment 93192

#China’s nationalism isn’t getting weird or anything. Tonight I go to have some BBQ in #Beijing and all of the waiting staff are wearing these T-shirts in an area with foreign embassies. “Chinese people won’t be pushed around...#USA has no right to speak down to Chinese people”.

Only chinese can do these cringe worthy and childish stuff :facepalm:
They have all been brainwashed by Chinese Communist Party (CCP) propaganda, which is why other countries should not let them in: They are all potential CCP agents, and will steal intellectual property or cause some other damage on CCP's behalf.

johnq

04 June 1989: The Date CCP Wants to Forget
China was going through massive changes in the 80s. The Chinese Communist Party had opened up its economy to foreign investment. Leaders like Deng Xiaoping were credited to have put China on the path of prosperity. His move raised the income and living standards of the Chinese populace phenomenally. However, along with prosperity came the education and expectations for greater political openness.
The students were at the forefront of these demands. This spark of the early-80s gave shape to student protests of the mid-80s. However, no one had expected that this spark would become a flame in a short period. The catalyst came in the form of the death of the leading politician, Hu Yaobang.
Hu Yaobang was General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party and a close comrade of President Deng Xiaoping. He was credited with China’s launch into capitalism and recovering the country from the misdeeds of Mao Zedong.
In 1987, Hu Yaobang was unceremoniously removed from his post and made an ordinary politburo member. His crime, he tolerated “bourgeois liberalization”, or had sympathy for student demands for democratic reform.
Tiananmen Square is Beijing’s most famous landmark and it was about to become world-famous. On 15 April 1989, learning about the death of Hu, thousands of students started gathering in Tiananmen Square. They were chanting the slogans of greater freedom of speech and less censorship.
Crowds kept swelling day by day and eventually the number of protesters reached over a million. Such large numbers baffled the government and they were unsure of taking direct action against the protesters. Soon the debates started raging among the ranks of CCP about what line should be adopted against the protesters. The progressives were backing concessions, while the hardliners wanted a tough approach. Eventually, the hardliners won the debate.
On 21 May 1989, martial law was declared in Beijing. On 3 to 4 June, PLA troops began to move towards Tiananmen Square. They opened fire on their citizens, many of them their own brothers and sisters, killing over 10,000 (as per the cable of the British Ambassador to China, Sir Alan Donald) and wounding thousands of others. The student moment was brutally crushed. All student leaders and protesters were arrested. Communist Party had once again reigned supreme and regained control of the area.
The aftereffects of the Tiananmen Square were that the CCP abandoned their balanced approach. The economic reforms stayed on track but the political reforms were abandoned. Today after 32 years, China has less freedom of speech, rather lesser freedom of every kind.
Xi Jinping and his team have created a parallel universe for the Chinese citizens where no one else except China exists. The irony of the situation is that all the protesting students are in their 40s or 50s. They have children whom they could never tell what Tiananmen Square protests were all about. They have social media where they can express every absurdity, but not political opinion. Today Xi Jinping rules over a robotic society where young men can sell their kidney to buy iPad, but cannot browse the international news. Long back Friedrich Nietzsche had said, which aptly applies to present-day China, In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs, it is the rule.

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 93192

#China’s nationalism isn’t getting weird or anything. Tonight I go to have some BBQ in #Beijing and all of the waiting staff are wearing these T-shirts in an area with foreign embassies. “Chinese people won’t be pushed around...#USA has no right to speak down to Chinese people”.

Only chinese can do these cringe worthy and childish stuff :facepalm:
Can only say, No sense, see less, so feel strange. Hotels, barbecue shops often change interesting T shirt.
Nothing is easier than this, send a picture online to the online shop, order the quantity, the factory will give you any you want to complete the design on the clothes, even one can also be customized.
You can make your own pictures, and then customize the T SHIRT
Screenshot_20210604_195544.jpg
Screenshot_20210604_195610.jpg

If you go to a wedding, you can wear this:Steal the bride, hand over the bridesmaids and the mothers-in-law
Screenshot_20210604_195820.jpg

also export clothes related to American nationalism to the United States before its independence day,The needs of customers
Screenshot_20210604_200204.jpg

SKC

Country flag
Chinese companies have this operandi,
After stealing IP, patent the same stuff in China,
Because Chinese govt support IP theft.
This is why you see this "patents" which Chinese firms.
And In top50 you will find multiple Indian firms with original patents
There are cases where Chinese companies had patented the exact software they stole from Canadian company and they even did not change the company name in the code in form of logs.
Like while coding, developers add various variable names based on their own name or company name many times and leaves them like that in final version too.
The chinese company patented the software (It is a driver used in 5G network of chinese company) and they did not even look inside the code and the code still had original company name in the log all around the code.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles