Chinese Culture and Society Megathread

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Why not just order them? Don't you buy into the stuff that John says that the Chinese are 90% slaves? The CCP could just order them to have 10 kids each! lol
Well, I'm content creator and that's why I'm mod.

John's portrayal of China as an post apocalyptic oppressive regime is as bullshit your claim of China being a neo-western country. China lies somewhere between.
They are hellbent on increasing the income part of your equation. But if the population grows too fast then you have a typical third world problem where all your resources go into providing subsistence level support for the young and poor and not the infrastructure that can create jobs and wealth. China went heavy with the infrastructure.
A population growth rate of 1% with TFR at 2.1 to 2.8 is ideal for economic growth without burden of population growth and yet maintain manpower. India and Bangladesh are at that stage while China had left that stage behind long ago.

What I've learnt that country groups gradually learn to cope with issues and then transit together as whole. How they implement it is the reason how much successful they are. Developed or upper middle income countries. Western world, Latin America and East Asia have passed through those stages while India and Southeast Asia are undergoing so infrastructure like Europe will be more common in Asian pacific as a whole soon.

Those in Africa lie yet behind this curve and their era might start 30 years later when their population will stabilise and India would be declining.

SexyChineseLady

Well, I'm content creator and that's why I'm mod.

John's portrayal of China as an post apocalyptic oppressive regime is as bullshit your claim of China being a neo-western country. China lies somewhere between.
If I were portraying China as neo-western, I would have nude beaches!

Instead of Douyin (Chinese tik tok) and CPOP boybands, the first Westerners hate so much they are trying to ban and the latter Westerners hate as being "gay." lol

I post about trends in China. Everything I post -- the fashions, movies, shows, bikinis, Sanya -- are massive trends in China. You think they are "neo-Western" but they are not. They are actually Chinese or East Asian pop culture.

You see these guys -- INTO1. They are massive in China and E/SEAsia right now.
344BB7C9-5FB3-447C-AC26-23D332C2AE74.jpeg

Uniquely ours. There are no 11-member multi-national boybands in the West.

Problem is a lot of people like you think that modern East Asian pop culture is "neo-Western" when it is something totally different.

People don't dress like this in New York. It is common in the malls of Chengdu.

SexyChineseLady

A population growth rate of 1% with TFR at 2.1 to 2.8 is ideal for economic growth without burden of population growth and yet maintain manpower. India and Bangladesh are at that stage while China had left that stage behind long ago.

What I've learnt that country groups gradually learn to cope with issues and then transit together as whole. How they implement it is the reason how much successful they are. Developed or upper middle income countries. Western world, Latin America and East Asia have passed through those stages while India and Southeast Asia are undergoing so infrastructure like Europe will be more common in Asian pacific as a whole soon.

Those in Africa lie yet behind this curve and their era might start 30 years later when their population will stabilise and India would be declining.
I applaud your intellect and reasoning! I agree with what you say. The fact is China went with an one-child policy is because they wanted to get to that 1% pop growth rate -- fast! They were popping out 5.72(!!!!!) kids per bearing age woman in 1970.

They felt that this would overwhelm any economic progress they make and China wants to fund infastructure instead of social security. That many births, the government would have had no choice but to fund social handouts.

So with that in mind, there is the possibility that they will still prioritize infrastructure over births in the coming years. Maybe they'll stabilize at 1.4B and continue creating wealth for a smaller population.

Then perhaps once they are wealthy enough reaching upper income, they can subsidize child-care, intereuro fertility, etc. that can create a baby boom.

Do you know that in China, it is the rich families that have a lot of kids? They are only ones who can pay the fines!

https://news.yahoo.com/chinese-couple-paid-155-000-063343090.html

A Chinese couple paid $155,000 in fees to have 7 children in violation of the country's 2-child policy

johnq

We were wrong! There’s no genocide in China!
WE WERE WRONG! There's not genocide in Xinjiang! All the Uyghur Muslims are very happy and often prone to dancing. Find out more about the wonderful things happening in Xinjiang on this China Uncensored!

Tang

Country flag
I applaud your intellect and reasoning! I agree with what you say. The fact is China went with an one-child policy is because they wanted to get to that 1% pop growth rate -- fast! They were popping out 5.72(!!!!!) kids per bearing age woman in 1970.

They felt that this would overwhelm any economic progress they make and China wants to fund infastructure instead of social security. That many births, the government would have had no choice but to fund social handouts.

So with that in mind, there is the possibility that they will still prioritize infrastructure over births in the coming years. Maybe they'll stabilize at 1.4B and continue creating wealth for a smaller population.

Then perhaps once they are wealthy enough reaching upper income, they can subsidize child-care, intereuro fertility, etc. that can create a baby boom.

Do you know that in China, it is the rich families that have a lot of kids? They are only ones who can pay the fines!

https://news.yahoo.com/chinese-couple-paid-155-000-063343090.html

A Chinese couple paid $155,000 in fees to have 7 children in violation of the country's 2-child policy
Hi,
Can you specify what type of Social security Chinese govt. gives to its citizens.
Basically, I want to compare it for India, China and western countries.

Regards

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Nude beaches alone don't make a country western. Goa has nude beaches while women throughout rest of India are modest and wear traditional clothes throughout the country.
Prevalence of western style or western fashion, music or culture is what reflects westernisation of a country.
India is more westernised than Pakistan, Nepal or Bangladesh. China is more westernised than India. Turkey, South Korea and Brazil are more westernised than China.
Westernisation doesn't equal economic progress or strength.
Problem is a lot of people like you think that modern East Asian pop culture
Problem lies that you think modern = western.
East Asian pop culture is about western style dresses, dance, music and culture being conducted by east Asian people.

Even if west wouldn't have as many boybands or girl groups as Korea and China do, it doesn't change the very fact their costumes and music genres are derived or inspired from streets of Log Angeles and not old Peking. You have to undestand denims being common to where is western culture, not Chinese. If it becomes common in west to wear Kimonos, then it's Eastern culture acting. You are doing western things right now in your way.

Japanese pop-culture is a mix of Japanese bourgeoisie culture of mid-20th century mixed with western influence on country at that time while Chinese & Korean ones ended being complete western spin-offs since they were very poor at that time.
It was rather a result of "low IQ progressivism" in developing countries of that time who wanted to do a lot of things but didn't understand how to do it.

It was like populist believes that population always bad, our own religion/culture always bad. Even India tried similar things at that time with forced sterilisations and incentivising two children. It just failed miserably and hence today has demographic advantage.

Interestingly, US has higher fertility rate than China and India and has more stable and continuous growth prospects than our countries do.
Let me simplify it for you, building a powerful nation over a wealthy one is CCP's priority.

There are three types of people in a society,
  1. Children
  2. Adults
  3. Aged
Only Adults earn and pay taxes, children and aged are dependent upon adults and pensions payed by adults into taxes.
If children exceed (usually in countries with high population growth like Nigeria, Pakistan or DRC), median age drops below 20 and this unskilled population becomes a burden for country.

If aged exist (in post industrial societies with low fertility like Japan, Hungary and Austria), pensioners exceed taxpayers and it becomes difficult for government to handle without revenue.

If adults exceed or there's a demographic situation where fertility has dropped hence lot of people are reaching working age every year (in India today or China two decades ago), it brings ideal growth of human resources and revenue.

SexyChineseLady

Nude beaches alone don't make a country western. Goa has nude beaches while women throughout rest of India are modest and wear traditional clothes throughout the country.
Prevalence of western style or western fashion, music or culture is what reflects westernisation of a country.
India is more westernised than Pakistan, Nepal or Bangladesh. China is more westernised than India. Turkey, South Korea and Brazil are more westernised than China.
Westernisation doesn't equal economic progress or strength.

Problem lies that you think modern = western.
East Asian pop culture is about western style dresses, dance, music and culture being conducted by east Asian people.

Even if west wouldn't have as many boybands or girl groups as Korea and China do, it doesn't change the very fact their costumes and music genres are derived or inspired from streets of Log Angeles and not old Peking. You have to undestand denims being common to where is western culture, not Chinese. If it becomes common in west to wear Kimonos, then it's Eastern culture acting. You are doing western things right now in your way.

Japanese pop-culture is a mix of Japanese bourgeoisie culture of mid-20th century mixed with western influence on country at that time while Chinese & Korean ones ended being complete western spin-offs since they were very poor at that time.
Modern East Asian Pop Culture is pretty universal now in E/SE Asian. This is why CPOP Boybands have Japanese and Thais and KPOP Girlgroups have Chinese and Japanese. Yes, the dress has their roots in the West but have now evolved into something new and unique to East Asia and China.

That said, Chinese is on the main pretty modest which is why we don't have nude beaches. lol

But the new generation much more connected to the trends of the rest of East Asia and also influence those trends as well. Tiktok and CPOP shows and dramas are a large part of that.

Culture is wide, from modern to traditional. I post the Tik Tok trends because those are large and basically unknown.

Anyhow, probably easier for Indians to understand if Indians in China vlogs. Like India, the land and people are varied.

Indian guy partying in Shenzhen

UK Indian professionals in Shanghai

Indian mom in rural freezing north China

With Cows!

SexyChineseLady

It was rather a result of "low IQ progressivism" in developing countries of that time who wanted to do a lot of things but didn't understand how to do it.

It was like populist believes that population always bad, our own religion/culture always bad. Even India tried similar things at that time with forced sterilisations and incentivising two children. It just failed miserably and hence today has demographic advantage.

Interestingly, US has higher fertility rate than China and India and has more stable and continuous growth prospects than our countries do.

Let me simplify it for you, building a powerful nation over a wealthy one is CCP's priority.

There are three types of people in a society,
  1. Children
  2. Adults
  3. Aged
Only Adults earn and pay taxes, children and aged are dependent upon adults and pensions payed by adults into taxes.
If children exceed (usually in countries with high population growth like Nigeria, Pakistan or DRC), median age drops below 20 and this unskilled population becomes a burden for country.

If aged exist (in post industrial societies with low fertility like Japan, Hungary and Austria), pensioners exceed taxpayers and it becomes difficult for government to handle without revenue.

If adults exceed or there's a demographic situation where fertility has dropped hence lot of people are reaching working age every year (in India today or China two decades ago), it brings ideal growth of human resources and revenue.
Every third world country in 1970 was searching for a way to reach some sort of prosperity. China had good models in their own neighborhood -- Japan, Taiwan, SoKorea, Singapore. They pretty knew what they needed to do. Infrastructure and exports. All of the other East Asian Tigers did the same. They knew it would work, except for one thing. China was realluy fucking large compared even to Japan and Korea, nevermind Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. That is why they went with the one child policy to bring down that birth rate (which BTW was the same as India and much of the global south at the time.)

Taken from the CCP's standpoint -- and remember these guys were the ones who saw Mao's failed policies -- having as many kids as possible which Mao wanted was going to be a drag on the development of the country. Until Deng, the CCP basically said that people was power and wanted Chinese to have lots and lots of kids. These guys, Deng and the modern CCP, wanted to increase the income and not the population. To them that was the part in the "population x income = power" equation that was lacking.

To most Chinese today, that was the right choice. It might be wrong in the coming years when the population ages but China still has a huge surplus of labor even today.

This game is ongoing and never ending. China has taken a lead over other countries in the global south starting in the 1970s. They did it by limiting population and using the resources saved from not supporting that excess population and investing them in infrastructure. They might be banking that once the country is wealthy, they can deal with any issue through money and technology. Those they didn't have in 1970.

The game is not over yet and we can see what happens in the coming years.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Every third world country in 1970 was searching for a way to reach some sort of prosperity. China had good models in their own neighborhood -- Japan, Taiwan, SoKorea, Singapore. They pretty knew what they needed to do. Infrastructure and exports. All of the other East Asian Tigers did the same. They knew it would work, except for one thing. China was realluy fucking large compared even to Japan and Korea, nevermind Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. That is why they went with the one child policy to bring down that birth rate (which BTW was the same as India and much of the global south at the time.)
Japan was just poorer great power and had beforehand industrial and technological knowhow unlike the "third world". It didn't take them longer than 60s to come out of poverty, drafting and implementing industrial standards and engineering practices which still are a norm around world and their companies building huge supply lines across East Asia, Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia, Middleast and even Latin America nearly wiping out all western conglomerates at that time. Even without military, they were a far more powerful economic superpower than US and USSR were that west had to force plaza accord upon them to bring them down.

Four Asian Tigers meanwhile have only second hand tech and strategic support provided from US and benefited from international trade passing through them.

As far as China is concerned, it was still a great power at that time with huge military. It's $20 trillions natural resources exceeded this of Soviet Union, Europe and Africa.

It just didn't manage itself and its population became a burden at that time.
To most Chinese today, that was the right choice. It might be wrong in the coming years when the population ages but China still has a huge surplus of labor even today.
China's surplus labour has been a recent phenomenon since industries are moving out to neighbors gradually now.
This game is ongoing and never ending. China has taken a lead over other countries in the global south starting in the 1970s. They did it by limiting population and using the resources saved from not supporting that excess population and investing them in infrastructure. They might be banking that once the country is wealthy, they can deal with any issue through money and technology. Those they didn't have in 1970.
China did it by utilising resources in 80s. Population wasn't a big factor since nearly non-Islamic countries in Asia-Pacific from Japan to Nepal always had lower fertility rates as compared to other countries of their income level.

If decline in revenue continues, that huge military will become unsustainable for China.

HitmanBlood

Country flag

Instead of Douyin (Chinese tik tok) and CPOP boybands, the first Westerners hate so much they are trying to ban and the latter Westerners hate as being "gay." lol

I post about trends in China. Everything I post -- the fashions, movies, shows, bikinis, Sanya -- are massive trends in China. You think they are "neo-Western" but they are not. They are actually Chinese or East Asian pop culture.

You see these guys -- INTO1. They are massive in China and E/SEAsia right now.
View attachment 89388

Uniquely ours. There are no 11-member multi-national boybands in the West.

Problem is a lot of people like you think that modern East Asian pop culture is "neo-Western" when it is something totally different.

People don't dress like this in New York. It is common in the malls of Chengdu.
Dude! Pop music is not culture of any nation. This is just a hollow passing fad for teenagers, created by big corporations to extract money. Those pop stars aren't real people, they are creation of some MBAs by testing it on focus groups. When those teenagers will grow up or when new generation replaces them such pop stuff will be gone.

I mean really if pop music is culture of east asians then WWE must be culture of USA. Oh in that case video games must be culture of Japan.

Dude! Chinese do have a beautiful culture try posting it sometimes instead of this pop music trolling.

SexyChineseLady

Dude! Pop music is not culture of any nation. This is just a hollow passing fad for teenagers, created by big corporations to extract money. Those pop stars aren't real people, they are creation of some MBAs by testing it on focus groups. When those teenagers will grow up or when new generation replaces them such pop stuff will be gone.

I mean really if pop music is culture of east asians then WWE must be culture of USA. Oh in that case video games must be culture of Japan.

Dude! Chinese do have a beautiful culture try posting it sometimes instead of this pop music trolling.
?!?!

Music is a core cultural product in any age of Chinese civilization. Traditional Chinese music today were pop music in those days!

Culture and music go together. Because music tells the story of the civilization.

Bon Bon Girls 303 were selected from 101 trainees of many agencies and companies who competed in a survival show "Chuang 2020" that lasted two and half months. The whole nation engaged in picking seven members. It is a national level girl group:

Then there is Chinese rock music. Nation and culture are heavily tied in Chinese rock!

If you understand Chinese these songs will move you. It tells us where we've been and where we are going as a people, as a nation, as a culture!

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
If you understand Chinese these songs will move you. It tells us where we've been and where we are going as a people, as a nation, as a culture!
Very well, but dare not come into India, we will give you the same treatment as was given in Galwan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles