Chinese Culture and Society Megathread

SexyChineseLady

Tibetans are great great singers!

Tasi Phuntsok won Sing! China in 2016:

Tenzin Nyima won Sing! China in 2018.

The Uighurs are in Chinese cinema while Tibetans are in Chinese music! I have yet to see any Uighur or Tibetan from the West or anywhere outside China make more impact culturally despite supposedly more freedom
🤷‍♂️

Are there any Tibetans in Bollywood?

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Geisha is related to an ancient Chinese practice called yiji or courtesan. They were musicians and dancers who were skilled and often highly educated -- among requirements were poetry, the game of Go, calligraphy and a musical instrument especially the zither. They provide both entertainment and human comfort.

View attachment 81276

View attachment 81275

View attachment 81277

View attachment 81278
Is the Geisha/courtesan culture still alive in same form in China? Does this tradition involve prostitution as I read in some places? I hear the tradition is maintained in Japan but restricted to prostitution in China.

Many know about the Japanese geisha but this tradition, and even its name, came from China. While the geisha tradition continues in Japan, the remarkable Chinese courtesan culture has passed into history. Despite the claims of Mao Zedong to have eliminated prostitution, only the culture was eliminated. Today in China what are left are jinu, prostitutes who sell only their bodies, perhaps not even a smile.

Did/does this tradition have some form of prestige/respect as well? The article I read says,

In China, yueji, music performers or music prostitutes, existed as early as 2500 years ago during the time of Confucius (Warring States, 475-221 B.C.E.). Unlike modern prostitutes who only perform sex acts, yueji were professionally trained in the arts of music and dance. At the courts of kings and noblemen, these young girls, chosen for their beauty and talent, survived only as long as they could charm. While most faced a tragic end as their smiles became wrinkled, or at best became Buddhist nuns, a few miraculously transformed themselves into noblewomen and even empresses.
The practice seems similar to India's courtesan cultures which gradually became restricted to Kothas (residence of a tawaif or courtesan). Not respectable job for women. They aren't actors, dancers or scholars but they learn it all with little meaningful rewards and more tragedy.

There is a very famous classic tragedy where a yiji working in the "Green Manor" fell in love with a poor young man who was studying for the Imperial exam. She gives him money she was saving to buy her own freedom so that he can continue his studies. He promises her that he will come back for her when he is successful in his exam and becomes an official. She is wanted by powerful men but she waits for the ones she loves. She hears at the manor that he had passed the exam and becomes an official. But he doesn't come back for her, he no longer wants to be associated with her because it will affect his status. She dies by her own hands still beautiful and skilled and still wanted by many others but not by the man she loves.
Lol... that's famous play in India too as well as in Indian movies too from 40s to 90s with many slight variations but the overall theme is same. India and China has got too much in common with each other. Only we interact less and look different with some icy walls and lands in between or we could be one extremely powerful and gigantic nation. But that's not really that big difference which should make co-operation difficult, that just makes us more diverse and colorful. Not sure if the Hans appreciate diversity, though.

There is another ancient concept of China that seems very similar to India's. The concept of "Four occupations (i.e. four categories of the people)" that seems very similar to India's "Four Varnas which also has (Four categories of the people in Four occupations)". We have surely traded and shared each other's culture, knowledge, ideas, working systems but we didn't mix up as people. Most definitely due to the Himalayas. Maybe if we can fix this one thing and work in collaboration. We can get rid of our artifical and mistaken threat perception and move towards greater cooperation speeding up the progress of Asian continent as whole. I don't want Europeans to have any opportunity of exploitation and interference in our rise again. I got right to dream, right?

I think we (India) should start learning Chinese. We will surely be able to sort our issue without confrontation. The fact that most Indians understand English makes them easy target of White Men's propaganda. Gotta learn immediate neighbour's tongue first on priority basis.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Tibetans are great great singers!

Tasi Phuntsok won Sing! China in 2016:

Tenzin Nyima won Sing! China in 2018.

The Uighurs are in Chinese cinema while Tibetans are in Chinese music! I have yet to see any Uighur or Tibetan from the West or anywhere outside China make more impact culturally despite supposedly more freedom
🤷‍♂️

Hans are trying to distort Tibetan cultures and customs using tricks and treats in an attempt to integrate them in their system much like the Mongolians. That's not respectable of them. But the mighty ones get to set and break the rules before it bites them back.

The Uighurs are in Chinese cinema while Tibetans are in Chinese music!
It would be a different matter if the Hans integrated Tibetan culture into China but they do the exact opposite. India is culturally as well as religiously closest to Tibetan which is natural given the boundaries we share and they are most respected not just in India but also beyond India.

I have yet to see any Uighur or Tibetan from the West or anywhere outside China make more impact culturally despite supposedly more freedom
Another attempt to fool the readers and world. They have made great cultural impacts outside China. Don't just drown in your denial of truth. They are not only more free and respected outside China but also more culturally integrated in West, Europe besides India. Tibetan Buddism is the fastest growing religion in Australia and most likely in the rest of world too. The numbers that shows Islam as fastest growing is due to high birth rate within muslim community and not because more people join Islam but Buddhism grows not because of hyper breeding but because of respect and wisdom that comes from it as more and more people embrace Buddhism.

And you see it in the hollywood too.

Stop faking that Tibetan are one of your. They aren't Chinese. They are different from you. You and CCP is under the impression that people will begin to see your lies as truth if you consistently deny the truth and dole out some dollars here and there. That's not going to happen. Any propaganda has certain limitations and it will backfire sooner or later. You keep waiting.

Tibetans are great great singers
What a Fu***ng lie of the millennium!!!!!! :eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1:

Tibetans aren't great singers and it's not Tibetan culture. They are not Hans and they are not entertainers or commercial artists. Posession of material wealth, fame or fortune has never been goal of Tibetan people and their culture. They are enlightened spiritual people who are, through deceit and force, being turned away from their own customs, culture and identity. Nobody sees your propaganda videos and imagine it to be Tibet.

I see your cocky pricks posting your nonsense on Youtube and elsewhere under a channel name that has Tibet or videos under title of Tibet with intent of succeding in deceiving both the world and Tibetans but we know much much better lady. You are taking advantage of the fact that they are unarmed and they can't fight back but they will and you will suffer. No one escapes Karma, kid. Peace and unity doesn't come with propaganda alone. You have to have the right intent and act accordingly too. Just matter of time.

I challenge you to remove the title of Tibet from these videos and show it to random strangers. No one will see it and think that it is Tibet. Forget foreigners, even Chinese won't know it. But give them anything looks Buddhist and Spiritual and everyone would first think of Tibet. You know it's not just India that China has something in common but also a certain Pakistani trait is possessed by their higher than mountain, deeper than Ocean atheist friends. And it's their absolute devotion and dedication to consistent lies commanded by their former God "Mao Zedong" and current god "Xi Jinping".

Let me remind you that Tibetans are more respected in all parts of the world except CCP's kingdom. And despite being powerless against CCP, they are more respected than CCP in all part of the world. Do you have the courage to tell why? Ofcourse not.

Let me fulfil your wish, however, of watching a Tibetan in Bollywood.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
So Chinese people are trolling in a Chinese culture thread in the Chinese section by posting Chinese pop culture videos?
Government of India or CCP, any of them doesn't own any thread or this forum.
Precisely, certain Chinese members right now are ruining an Indian defence forum because of lenient mods and perverted members.
But when Indians call us chinks and other racial slurs in Chinese threads, it is okay?
Indians calling you with slurs anywhere is not ok, anywhere on forum or internet. It is not possible for us to track down every catfight as we have other things to do.
I never even retaliate for all the comments, just post more articles and videos!
As far as I know, you aren't on this forum for any productive outcome either. You are here just to convince people here that China is some kind of western country and Chinese girls are hottest in the world. (Don't argue back, we have debated earlier how).
How is the current flag of China reflective of it's history, culture & traditions?
Red and gold are the traditional Chinese colors -- bar none!
View attachment 80322

Red is the color of good fortune and all that is good. Gold is the color of wealth and the color of Chinese Emperors. There are no better colors for China's culture than those.

The stars in traditional Chinese means two major themes 1) to give or spread and 2) to rise!

It is rather fortune that the communist party did not chose the hammer and sickle on the national flag!
Chinese national emblem is indeed about Chinese throne but Chinese national flag has nothing to do with Chinese culture. It's a communist flag just made different from USSR flag. Communists are anti-culture in general.

cannonfodder

Country flag
@Villager That scene for Dr Strange was changed due to CCP. In the original comics, they are actually monks from Tibetian region (don't remember the actual school or type of monks on top of my head).
Hollywood (the great defender of art and culture, wokeness) changed it to some different school of monks belonging to Chin for collecting money otherwise the film wont have made it into china. If you have time, can check Joe rogan podcast on this matter or let me know if you could not find it.

Secondly, Himalayas are our greatest friends that are keeping CCP/PLA away. Chinese/Indian culture may have been very similar. But today, they are aspiring to over throw US and establish themselves as only world power. CCP mindset may be much worse and agressive than western mindset, at the end its pure powerplay for whoever is at top (that is how unfortunately the world works). If not for our himalayas & our sturdy men: today CCP would have brought their entire Armed columns at LAC border and might have even succeeded in running over us with sheer numbers and machinery. So no we don/t need any mixing and aman ki asha shit as the situation stand, thanks to our protector the Himalayas - my pranam. Exactly how many times do we Indians want to learn the same lessons, I don't know.

@Others If Chinese think that jeans, bikinis are now part of cultural heritage let it be. They have chosen to throw their heritage under the bus. People who cared about Chinese culture, grabbed whatever they could and ran to Taiwan during cultural revolution. this is reason why there are so many china related museums there.

skywatcher

Country flag
Archaeologists find treasures from unknown civilisation that could rewrite Chinese history

joy_tilak

Country flag
But it is Indians who talks about getting fair skin like Chinese not us!

Where did you get this wrong idea from? Never in my life have I heard another Indian saying he or she wants to be fair like a chinese :shock:

Just CCP paid propaganda following Galwan withdrawal mate ! :clap2: :clap2:

Your paid propaganda is not going to change the world perception about China that it is a crappy shitty country filled with superficial pomp and show where no free person would like to live.

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag
I am sorry but why is fair and glowing skin considered good?
Chinese are not fair by a long shot - not sure where this obsession with fairness has crept in Chinese culture.
20210222164115152.jpg

Why changed name?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I agree, i also think brown skin is sexy.
Having fair skin like Europeans as a standard of beauty emerged in India in 90s when Indians were exposed to western media and movies/serials etc..

It is not that brown skin has become new love but people's choice of beauty has moved to facial features like eyes, nose, face size and body figure since 2010s. The reason why Koreans and Latinos have increased popularity in India.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Very famous Chinese instance noodle now a hit across East Asia!

Chinese Cities at night!

Xitang Festival!
Good more this of please less of the other stuff. Hanfus look beautiful. What is the Xitang Festival can you please explain?

Last edited:

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Having fair skin like Europeans as a standard of beauty emerged in India in 90s when Indians were exposed to western media and movies/serials etc..

It is not that brown skin has become new love but people's choice of beauty has moved to facial features like eyes, nose, face size and body figure since 2010s. The reason why Koreans and Latinos have increased popularity in India.
They have "fair" skin but only with make up.
Most of the Euro women have terrible skin for some reason. Same with Chinese women. without the make up, you can make out their rough skin from next city.

I prefer smooth skin to "fair" skin any time of the day.

rockdog

Country flag
So after lecturing Indians about boycotting stuff related to China wonder why Chinese are doing it . Guess they alleast learnt something from us ( secret admirers). :pound:
@SexyChineseLady @rockdog View attachment 82833
It's part of trade war, just in the name of Xinjiang ...

Same as US and EU did to your new policy to J&K. You would noticed that i never said any negative to Indian latest J&K issue, since i understand it, our policy is similiar to Xinjiang.

See the current situation on global texitle industry, US are attacking the China's position, it's like one stone hit two birds (political and trading)

5213731.jpg

210325213707.jpg

210325213741.jpg

KurtisBrian

Country flag
@Villager
@Others If Chinese think that jeans, bikinis are now part of cultural heritage let it be. They have chosen to throw their heritage under the bus. People who cared about Chinese culture, grabbed whatever they could and ran to Taiwan during cultural revolution. this is reason why there are so many china related museums there.
Taiwanese gov't is a republican stooge created by European nations and Japan (thus TAOists, white robe Greek pirates (Athens PIRAEUS aka piraTe US, skull and bones also infamous in the USA)) to loot China. Just like the Greek and Roman Taoists looted Europe and now are looting the UK, USA and Canada.
Taiwan gov't is a pack of traitorous military personnel who lead a revolution to usurp control of China for their TAOist gOAT masters. A Republic has NOTHING to do with China. China has always had Emperors and Gods.

Perhaps, Huemans need to be enslaved by the TAOists for a while to understand who gives them life. Huemans should have been paying their God. AsGuardians should have been protecting that BiFrost Rainbow Bridge not a pack of lying Israelis and Catholic priests.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles