Chinese CM-400AKG anti-ship missile

J20!

Country flag
Lol the Russians are the biggest exporter of Arms to Algeria and what Billion of Dollars worth weapons Chinese sold to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait

Lol now don't say your Artillery is comparable to BAE.

As for Precision guided munitions, we already have this ability in Pinaka MK 2. Just go through that Thread.

A range of Helis, including variants of Dhruvs and French Cheetah made under license.

Whole range of Radars, Sonars to Myanmar, Indonesia and few countries in Africa.

Subsystem of SU 30 like Avionics even to Russia.

etc etc
Good for India then. Its about time it made a mark on the defense export sector.

So when India sells equipment to "Myanmar, Indonesia and few countries in Africa" they become "quality customers" but when China sells to them they become "piss-poor"? Make up your mind.

The PLZ55 is now a mainstay of Saudi Arabia's, Kuwait's AND Algeria's artillery forces. You can call them "cheap" if you wish, but they are still EXPORTS.

Why shouldn't NORINCO's AH4 be comparable to BAE's 777? They are the only light-weight 155mm artillery pieces on the world market. Is India producing something similar to the AH4? Nope, India is BUYING the 777, so I don't understand why you're trying to make fun of the Chinese defense industry when your own is non-existent in so many sectors...

http://www.janes.com/article/62341/china-completes-development-of-155-mm-ah4-howitzer

An EXPORT is an EXPORT, whether the final customer is Myanmar or Canada. You're trying to draw a distinction that simply doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Calm down man.

I don't understand what you mean by "quality of customers". Doesn't Lockheed Martin and Raytheon, (two of the largest defense contractors in the world) sell defense equipment to Pakistan?
Since when Chinese weapons are comparable with Lockheed and Raytheon ? Besides most of Paki Military runs on US Aid and generous grant, most of their recent procurement is Chinese.

Pakistan aside, the truth is Indian defense contractors would love to get a slice of Myanmar and Bangladesh's annual defense budgets, but they either don't produce what these two countries require or are not as competitive as their Chinese counterparts.
BD and Myanmar Defense procurement is based on their Political Dispensation and long term supply of spares, sub system etc, BD won't get any of this if Anti India govt at power.

This is the same reason they have limited export from Russia, considering the strong India russia ties.

As for Myanmar

http://thebricspost.com/india-inks-29-24-mn-sonar-deal-with-myanmar/

Where was the Barak 8 when "80's tech hq9" won Turkey's $4 Billion contract for a long-range air defense system? That's right, Barak 8 didn't even qualify because its a MEDIUM RANGE surface to air missile system.
Barak 8 is primarily a Naval SAM, Land variant under development with increased range whereas HQ 9 is a System not Missile. As far as naval Barak 8, it outclass HQ 9.

Trying to deride your neighbor's new corolla when you ride a bicycle to work only makes you look bitter.
This is true.

But in this case (Chinese) i put my money on Indian Bicycle, rather than Chinese copy of corolla. Don't you guys make poor copies of Indian Bajaj Pulsar and name it Bulsar lol

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
hmm maybe..because HQ-9 is Similar to S300 (similar means... Chinese copied it.. they r too smart. in copy of any weapon system)
nd s400 is too different then s300.. so Chinese got confused..nd decided to buy S400.. nd m sure they Going to Also copy s400.. like..su-27 to j-11 nd j 15
They copied Su 33 in J15 and claimed that it is much superior. However, their media exposed that J 15 is a junk and can not carry more than 2 ton load against 6+ ton of Su33. China and chinese has a habit of hyping.

J20!

Country flag
Since when Chinese weapons are comparable with Lockheed and Raytheon ? Besides most of Paki Military runs on US Aid and generous grant, most of their recent procurement is Chinese.

BD and Myanmar Defense procurement is based on their Political Dispensation and long term supply of spares, sub system etc, BD won't get any of this if Anti India govt at power.

This is the same reason they have limited export from Russia, considering the strong India russia ties.

As for Myanmar

http://thebricspost.com/india-inks-29-24-mn-sonar-deal-with-myanmar/

Barak 8 is primarily a Naval SAM, Land variant under development with increased range whereas HQ 9 is a System not Missile. As far as naval Barak 8, it outclass HQ 9.

This is true.

But in this case (Chinese) i put my money on Indian Bicycle, rather than Chinese copy of corolla. Don't you guys make poor copies of Indian Bajaj Pulsar and name it Bulsar lol
Pakistan imports from Russia, the US, Sweden, China and a host of other countries. An export to Pakistan is an export like any other.

Since when Chinese weapons are comparable with Lockheed and Raytheon ?
Since the Turkish tendering process chose the HQ9 you call "cheap" over RAYTHEON AND LOCKHEED MARTIN'S Patriot SAM system offering on a cost and performance basis.

Why do you have this inferiority complex regarding western defense tech. If they can produce world class technology, why cant a developing country do the same? Why cant tech from developing countries exceed the achievements of the likes of Raytheon and Lockheed Martin? Get yourself together man, or you and people like you will relegate India to "inferior" status forever.

Again, its good that India sells some defense equipment to Myanmar, but weren't you just calling Chinese defense tech "cheap" because one of its main customers is Myanmar? How is that different from India exporting to such "poor-quality customers" as Myanmar?

Chinese companies will continue to be competitive in the export market, and with the billions invested in R&D, I hope we'll see more of them pricing out and winning against Western defense companies.

Bornubus

Pakistan imports from Russia, the US, Sweden, China and a host of other countries. An export to Pakistan is an export like any other.

Since the Turkish tendering process chose the HQ9 you call "cheap" over RAYTHEON AND LOCKHEED MARTIN'S Patriot SAM system offering on a cost and performance basis.

Why do you have this inferiority complex regarding western defense tech. If they can produce world class technology, why cant a developing country do the same? Why cant tech from developing countries exceed the achievements of the likes of Raytheon and Lockheed Martin? Get yourself together man, or you and people like you will relegate India to "inferior" status forever.

Again, its good that India sells some defense equipment to Myanmar, but weren't you just calling Chinese defense tech "cheap" because one of its main customers is Myanmar? How is that different from India exporting to such "poor-quality customers" as Myanmar?

Chinese companies will continue to be competitive in the export market, and with the billions invested in R&D, I hope we'll see more of them pricing out and winning against Western defense companies.
You are too retard to debate. So what flying penis do pakis are buying from Russia ?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
You are too retard to debate. So what flying penis do pakis are buying from Russia ?
These people get many likes in Pakistani forum. When nothing works they start spamming with propaganda pictures of their mighty weapon systems and last resort is always DF series BMs.

Bornubus

These people get many likes in Pakistani forum. When nothing works they start spamming with propaganda pictures of their mighty weapon systems and last resort is always DF series BMs.
That's why Chinese are few countries which have Propaganda department and a minister.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
That's why Chinese are few countries which have Propaganda department and a minister.
These days I am finding very hard to understand the reason of Chinese and Pakistani bravado. If you were such a great power you wouldn't have been making military alliance or even going low to connive to protect terrorists against India.

J20!

Country flag
What flying penis?

I'll take it as a compliment that you're resorting to name calling since you can't square your theories with documented facts on the ground.

Try to enjoy your day Mr. Bornubus

Bornubus

What flying penis?

I'll take it as a compliment that you're resorting to name calling since you can't square your theories with documented facts on the ground.

Try to enjoy your day Mr. Bornubus
I didn't personally attack you, it was you who called inferior status for India forever.

Sorry, if you think otherwise.

J20!

Country flag
I didn't personally attack you, it was you who called inferior status for India forever.

Sorry, if you think otherwise.
The gesture is appreciated.

Let me put it like this then:

if we in the developing world view western technology as "unreachable" or believe that our products can never "compare" to their tech, then we've already lost. Our products will forever be "inferior", not in fact, but in our point of view.

So build your tejas, and your arjun. Put them into service( I believe this is already in progress) and work on their deficiencies on an operational level. They won't be perfect INITIALLY, but with time, they can satisfy Indian procurement needs better and more sustain-ably than any western competitor can.

No offense intended.

Hardi

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles