Chinese cannibal "ate child's brain" to cure fits

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2897896/Man-ate-childs-brain-to-cure-fits.htmlhttp://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2897896/Man-ate-childs-brain-to-cure-fits.html

A CHINESE cannibal is alleged to have killed an 11-year-old boy and eaten his BRAIN in order to cure his epilepsy.

Wang Chaoxu, of Qixian village, in Yunnan, south west China, is said to have believed an old wives' tale that eating a child's brain can cure fits.

Police said the boy Li Xuetang was found buried three miles away in a grain field in a neighbouring village.

The top of his head had been peeled back and part of his brain removed.

Heartbroken mum Yu Chaohu became anxious when her son disappeared late at night.

She said: "It was getting dark, but I couldn't find my son anywhere in the village.

"I even asked the village head to broadcast on the radio to ask my son to come back home for dinner."

A few hours later Li was found, after a villager Zhang Huansheng saw a man kneeling over him, and holding him by the neck.

The boy's mum was desperate to see her son but was told the body was too badly damaged.

Yu added: "I can't bear to think about what happened to him. I have nightmares thinking about it."

Wang Wenzhong, the village leader, found two blood stained rocks in the field and some fractured bones, before the boy's body was discovered buried nearby.

Wang Chaoxu was arrested and told police he believed eating the brain with earthworms and ants would cure his illness.

Wang said he was married to a nurse, but she left him because his illness meant he was unable to work.

It was claimed a three-year-old girl, who was reported missing on the same day, may also have become one of his victims.

The girl was found dead in public toilets with a knife cut to her head. Police are investigating whether the cases are linked.

Dark_Prince

Why are we hearing such horrific incidents from China these days?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
This kind of stuff is a shame for every society, and as we go on and get more and more modern, I sense such supersitions and stupidity growing with our times. Even if we Colonise Mars, this kind of stuff will happen. Basic Human Nature I guess!

Dark_Prince

I think, its more with that cannibal having mental disorder or schizophrenia.

(I have heard some fetus eating incidents too, which could relate to superstition, local culture or rituals)

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I think it is more with the barbaric culture for stupid cures for illnesses. They have no access to real medicine so peasants are forced to do really stupid things, like eat tiger paws or children's brains.

amoy

I'll be happy to see Indian pasting anything positive about China.

It's called selective reading.
absolutely... and selective posting

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles