Chinese Artillery

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
The AR3 comes with 300mm or 370mm rockets, able to carry 10 or 8 respectively (or a mix of 5 and 4).
In turn, the 370mm rocket comes with FD220 and FD280 variants, offering 220km and 280km respectively
1601623191709.png

1601623201872.png

johnq

It doesn't matter. All radio waves can be jammed. INS accumulates drift error leading to inaccuracy.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
after 50km, this multi barrel rocket system goes inaccurate. These are good for propaganda.
Well how do we know it becomes inaccurate? Aren't unguided rocket projectiles inaccurate anyway. At a particular angle, they are expected to travel particular distances. Isn't that same for Indian smerch and pinaka?

johnq

Iraq jammed GPS a decade ago. India is a lot more advanced than Iraq from a decade ago in jamming techniques. All radio waves can be jammed if you have the right equipment, and India has advanced ELINT and AESA based jammers, both in air and on the ground. So Chinese radars and GPS, etc. will be jammed. No worries.
Without GPS level guidance, it becomes inaccurate at any distance beyond short ranges.

Last edited:

Astra2019

Country flag
Well how do we know it becomes inaccurate? Aren't unguided rocket projectiles inaccurate anyway. At a particular angle, they are expected to travel particular distances. Isn't that same for Indian smerch and pinaka?
I have provided a simple explanation of why unguided rocket or self powered projectiles are inaccurate Compare to Artillery guns.

If you want to go into details then there are factors like exhaust bell vibrations due to oscillations in supersonic exhaust gases Which further changes centre of trust and as rockets are longer centre of trust is further from centre of mass so any minute shift in centre of trust produces TORQUE around centre of mass which causes rocket to yaw up or down or pitch sideways.

As rocket fuel burns temperature of rocket surface increases which Expend rocket motor casing With changes aerodynamic forces Centre And as I have stated above rockets are longer so any changes in aerodynamic forces produces significant torque( torque=forcexdistance ) which causes yaw and pitch.

Then there are random minute changes in trust of solid motors
I have provided a simple explanation of why unguided rocket or self powered projectiles are inaccurate Compare to Artillery guns.

If you want to go into details then there are factors like exhaust bell vibrations due to oscillations in supersonic exhaust gases Which further changes centre of trust and as rockets are longer centre of trust is further from centre of mass so any minute shift in centre of trust produces TORQUE around centre of mass which causes rocket to yaw up or down or pitch sideways.

As rocket fuel burns temperature of rocket surface increases which Expend rocket motor casing With changes aerodynamic forces Centre And as I have stated above rockets are longer so any changes in aerodynamic forces produces significant torque( torque=forcexdistance ) which causes yaw and pitch.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Iraq jammed GPS a decade ago. India is a lot more advanced than Iraq from a decade ago in jamming techniques. All radio waves can be jammed if you have the right equipment, and India has advanced ELINT and AESA based jammers, both in air and on the ground. So Chinese radars and GPS, etc. will be jammed. No worries.
Without GPS level guidance, it becomes inaccurate at any distance beyond short ranges.
Artillery shell don't have GPS. Most of the time they are unguided. Just like our pinaka regards rockets. So how will jamming have an effect on unguided rockets? Even most of PLAs arsenal are unguided rockets.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag

If they are inaccurate then so is our Pinakas. So both India China and countless countries using Smerch systems have it for fun?

The rockets are allowed to have high CEP. It's going to be fired in a salvo in a particular location anyway. And it can do the job.

johnq

The point is that India can jam Chinese rocket guidance, thereby rendering them inaccurate beyond short ranges. Both sides have plenty of artillery, with India also having long range guided artillery as well as long range guided rockets.

shiphone

Country flag
with the official image release of the Light high mobility chassis HJ-10 launcher, the 'three Musketeers' of brigade level Artillery unit in the PLAGF light composite brigade strength have all appeared in public...

---------------
the other two : 122mm howizer and 122mm rocket launcher

shiphone

Country flag
PLAGF Heavy composite brigade(tracked) Artillery unit Equipments.... just the same 'three-piece :122mm Howitzer and RL + HJ-10 launcher. this tracked chassis is the varient of ZBD-04A IFV.

-----------

-----------

the new/improved varient of this rocket launcher.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
the 'not very' old generation brigade level Artillery unit 'three Musketeers ' which can be seen sometimes ,but some types would be phased out gradually .....in this combination ,the Anti-Tank sub-unit could be the 100mm wheeled Anti-Tank gun or the HJ-9 missile launcher.

122mm type 09 howitzer and type 11 RL

-------------
HJ-9 and type 02 100mm wheeled tank destroyer.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles