Chinese Armored Vehicles

ghost

China copies but it copies "good" and "smartly" .Chinese are developing in defence sector like no other country in the world sure they are not at the top but they are on the way and would soon be there.All of us should learn from china on their dedication and atleast commend china for its good work.

And to my chinese friend you should also remember that ur country is unique with communist rule and crony capitalism which is helping you to develop in the expense of fundamental human rights.The government do what and when it wishes where as in country like in india government can be dragged to court and then there are agitations if we do not agree with government here india is much better than china no one can dare to touch my home but in china if government wishes it will bulldoze ur house and u would be forced to relocate whether you like it or not.

shiphone

Country flag
the new Light tank project updates...
----------------

it's a project under development and still in bidding procedure although the winning team seems already there...
basicly two teams are competing for the chassis (we could see two kinds of Chassis for trial),and the turret also has some different designs from some other Research institutions...

we have got to know some Requests for the Bidding

for the Chassis: .........and this winner--the chosen Chassis would be Army's next generation Medium Weight Genernal Purpose chassis (for IFV, SPH, Missile Launcher varients)...

1. 30 tons class
2. gas-hydraulic suspension system
3. hydraulic automatic transmission

for the turret
1. 105 mm Rifle gun
2. autoloading system in the rear section of the turret
3. Relatively advanced( expensive ,as well) Fire Control system

such Light tank project would have to compromise on Protection and go after better maneuverability and firepower( with advanced FC for early firing)
the winner seems have surfaced for some time, but it's not the time to speak too much...
two Prototype Vehicles have both appeared...we could ID them from the details of the Chassis,

Prototype Vehicle 1: --hull front armour on the upside

-----------------------------
Prototype Vehicle 2:--hull front armour on the downside.

===================
we also could ID two kinds of turret geometry.

one is similar to the ZTZ99A

the other one is similar to the MBT3000

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
And what does China have that is so far superior to BMP-2s?
I agree with you that BMP-2 is old but what does China have in comparison?
this world is so big and information-rich via the internet...LOL...

current 4 types of Tracked IFV in PLA service

Peace Mission 2013--- the Joint grouping of RA's BMP-2 and PLA's Type86A in Action...

the Latest IFV in PLA ...click the link for the full image...
http://i.imgur.com/o2PiQkM.jpg

Reactions: CCP

Anony86

Country flag
this world is so big and information-rich via the internet...LOL...

current 4 types of Tracked IFV in PLA service

Peace Mission 2013--- the Joint grouping of RA's BMP-2 and PLA's Type86A in Action...

the Latest IFV in PLA ...click the link for the full image...
http://i.imgur.com/o2PiQkM.jpg

Good to see how nicely you have quoted just one line from my entire post neglecting the rest. Thanks to you, this just proved that the rest of my comments were to the point. :taunt1::namaste:

Coming back to your post, it's not four but just two type of IFVs, Type 86 & Type 04/zbd 97. If you consider change of nut bolts between as two different types I cant help. Now Type 86 is a reverse engineered version of BMP 1 of USSR. That is even older in technology then BMP 2 of India. And the second is a little modern than our BMP 2 but doesn't provide any extra advantage to the terrain we are talking about here. It is as vulnerable as BMP 2

shiphone

Country flag
LOL...Indian style of Ignorance and arrogance always amused me... rest of those posts(in MKI thread) was funny as well ...any further corrention there would lead to the more off-topic discussion...
some kid need to learn the evolution history of BMP1 --> BMP2...the Type 86A is the similar evolved varient with later tech..
the second Gen ZBD04 IFV is obviously a leap in Tech... but its design was deeply affected by China defence policy/Mission in early 1990s and placed extra emphasis on Amphibious abilities...BTW, so called ZBD97 was a wrong rumor...
ZBD04A actually is almost a new design... the project code used to be "deeply improved ZBD04".... ZBD04 is the classic mechanized weapon ,but ZBD04 has been the informationalized armored vehicle with much improved Fire control, Electronic equipment and better protection ...

---------------------
behind the west part of LAC , there is the ZBD04 unit from the 1XX Mechanized brigade of 4X group Army...
ZBD04 in the drill on 5000m high Pamirs , 2012

behind the east part of LAC, newly deployed ZBD04A belonging to 1XX Mechanized Devision of 1X group Army
ZBD04A in the drill at the altitude of 3500m mountainous area, 2013...

these units are the the Heavy armoured force nearest to the LAC and the first wave of heavy armoured reinforcement...

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Type 86A - good and cheap example . Weapons BMP-1/Type 86 is weak. A small alteration and released a new combat machine.

shiphone

Country flag
the 1.6 million PLA army is the present largest one in the world ...cost pressure is always a major problem to arm such a large land force... the Army is always going for to cost-effectiveness which is exactly "good and Cheap" means ..

===================
Type86 IFV project started in early 1980's(very late comparing the emerging of BMP-1) and it is the clone of some BMP-1 sample vehicle gained from East Europe or Middle East... even then ,the 73mm low pressure gun system with RPG style ammunition was out-dated...

our first try was to replace the 73mm Low pressure gun turret with a 25-mm Machine Cannon+ 7.62mm MG ,single-person turret...this prototype was given the codename " Type 86-1" IFV

but this weapon station suffered reliability problems then .when the problems were able to be resolved, the date has been the early 1990s , later this turret was used on ZSL-92 wheeled IFV and ZSD-89-1 tracked APC...so the Type86 project began the Mass- production with the original design...

another try was a co-opeation project with an American firm... NFV-1 IFV, a western 25mm Machine Cannon turret was imported...but when the Honey moon with the Western was over, this project also ended without much achievement except some prototypes...

in 1993, the TOT of Weapon Station of BMP-3 IFV brought new light on the Type86 improvement plan....on the base of ' seperated' 2A72 ,30mm Machine Cannon from the 100mm+30mm+7.62mm integrated weapon station and the simplified Gunner station , a new universal single-person 30mm gun weapon station was created...then the imporved Type 86A (ZBD86A) arrived finally with some other improvement...the army's request for 73mm gun replacement was fulfilled...

this turret was also used to modify the ZSL92B wheeled-IFV and ZBD-03 Airborne Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

------------------------------
It just so happened that today I saw these latest news report about the UKrain's current modification job on the hundreds of Reserved BMP-1 IFVs on our defence forum...

anyway, solutions are always more than the difficulties for those actors with the ability... those big talkers would always lose and keep empty talk all the time...

Last edited:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
It just so happened that today I saw these latest news report about the UKrain's current modification job on the hundreds of Reserved BMP-1 IFVs on our defence forum...

anyway, solutions are always more than the difficulties for those actors with the ability... those big talkers would always lose and keep empty talk all the time...

Now Ukraine repairs and restores BMP-2. We have many of them. With the modernization of BMP-1, you can put the module, but it seems to me, better, put the turret as a Type-86A or BMD-2.

Rushil51

Country flag
https://m.imgur.com/a/wk2zo

A whole lot of information on 112th
Mechanised Infantry Division of the People's Liberation Army. A lot of infromation regarding various Chinese Armoured vehicles including ZTZ-99A MBT ,ZBD-04A IFV, ZBL-09 IFV etc.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles