Chinese Armored Vehicles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They are already using Type-96 MBT in south tibet, Due to Weights and size its maneuverability is same as a T-72..

But these looks lighter some think like Russian 2S25_sprut-SD

With Turret of Type-96 and a little Bigger wheels..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Looks like this new T96 tank has ERA. check this out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i also found some thing after i make above pic.
Sir, The thing you see is:

These are lighter Module of composite Armour attached at front..

Note the turrets at assembly lines..

The Turret as whole..

T96 with ERA.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

Sir, The ERA update is for Pakistani, And the ERA are made in Pakistan for AL-Khalid..

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Thanks Kunal sir, this ERA protection is much better,

Chines are smart they have kept the good stuff for themselves and given the substandard stuff that too not properly protected ERA on cheap rates to Pakistan.

BTW best place to take them out is with nag missile with over the top attack mode, just above the top hatch. nag needs to be have this taank in this memory, plus who knows jeep version or even Manpod version in future.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
BTW best place to take them out is with nag missile with over the top attack mode, just above the top hatch. nag needs to be have this taank in this memory, plus who knows jeep version or even Manpod version in future.
Here the thing Sir..

Look at the tank from straight, The camera is not elevated nor the pic is from above, What we see here is the roof is totally exposed to frontal fire from opposite tank, The roof top is very - very lightly armored same for all Type tanks even latest Type-99, You dont need LAHAT or NAG simple HEAT, AP, HESH even carl 84mm, can kill it there, And the weak zone is huge..

The picture and its exposure is credited to Damian..

anoop_mig25

Country flag
kunal sir i have read in dfi itself that india was going for ligth weigth tank in jv with some polish company and an indain defence psu is involve in that project. is there any update on that acount when we would be getting that? any idea? would that tank can used on boder region of tibet-china against china

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
kunal sir i have read in dfi itself that india was going for ligth weigth tank in jv with some polish company and an indain defence psu is involve in that project. is there any update on that acount when we would be getting that? any idea? would that tank can used on boder region of tibet-china against china
Yes, Nearly 100 tracked, Anders was chosen for the job, The Tank Project is in Poland and going through tests..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
More Info On The Tank

1. ZTZ-99G MBT
2. ZTZ-99A2 MBT
3. unknown light tank ( The turret is longer same as ZTZ-99A2 not shorter as in the pic )

This new turret may be part of that light tank, The Weak zone is masked with ERA..

It was also tested for AL-Khalid a cousin of Type-96..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Here the thing Sir..

Look at the tank from straight, The camera is not elevated nor the pic is from above, What we see here is the roof is totally exposed to frontal fire from opposite tank, The roof top is very - very lightly armored same for all Type tanks even latest Type-99, You dont need LAHAT or NAG simple HEAT, AP, HESH even carl 84mm, can kill it there, And the weak zone is huge..

The picture and its exposure is credited to Damian..
Kunal sir i think they have put ERA on front and side only

check this sir after looking at this pic

accordingly this is only area of ERA, plus side ERA not shown.

plus also check this picture just above the hatch this shows, how much metal they put on top.

debasree

Country flag
i thought the order was for 300 units but now i am hearing 100 please bring out the correct figure.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
instead of countering tank with tanks we have to think about anti tank weapons like nag and clgm missiles.

pankaj nema

Country flag
We are buying Javelins precisely for knocking out Chinese Tanks in Ladakh Sikkim
or any where else that they might show up on our border in case of a conflict on the LAC

Small Hunter killer teams should be armed with good Communication and optical equipment to spot
the tanks quickly and then knock them out with Javelins

On our side of the border Taking the Tanks BMPs and other heavy equipment though possible
is quite time consuming and prone to WEATHER induced disasters

The roads are shut down by bad weather the roads are washed off

SO Anti tank copters and Javelin armed soldiers are a must

Global Defence

New threads

Articles