China's vulnerability in Malacca Strait

Country flag
What alliance? With who? You're all just saying the US will attack China for some reason... Give the reason. All these "we're going to band together and kill you all" fantasies aren't giving any justification for the dire economic consequences of any US led Asian coalition to destroy China. Are you so insecure that you're scrambling for people to help you attack China? If all this bravado and chest thumping is to be believed, why is no one talking about an India vs China war, not the "everyone will help us defeat you" fest this thread is turning into?
I gave the best reason to get rid of the debt owed to China

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/u-war-china-inevitable-author-glain-says-185732514.html

U.S. War with China "Inevitable,"

http://www.stirringtroubleinternati...start-a-war-with-china-before-it-is-too-late/

America Is Bound To Start A War With China. Sooner Rather Than Later

So we all agree that China poses a danger. And we might as well agree that the US is the only country that can start a war with China – and win it. Especially as it owes China trillions of dollars that it would never be able to repay.

Last edited:

Jovian

Jovian,

Thanks for clearing up the fact, that you are not a 'white' australian. It was clearly expected from me. Your silly post doesnt really concern me, since I am good at peeling the skin out and knowing the real intention. But just to make your useless post more interesting, Ray was a Former Brigadier of the Indian Army, He has fought 3 major wars, 1962, 1965, 1971 and countless other missions all over the world.

Just letting you know.
Hi Adux,

If you trust your sense in "peeling under the skin", then you should actually put it to a good use. A good example will be to understand that which argument makes sense and which doesn't. I'll leave for you to figure out; after all, it will be your skin that you'll have to look under eventually. Try figure out what that mean.

As for Ray, he can speak for himself. However, what lessons can he tell us about his participation in "three wars and countless missions all over the world"? Are you going to follow in his footsteps? Looking forward to the next "fight"?

Just let me know okay?

Jovian

Jovian,

You have written a lengthy post. All on the assumption that posters here have not seen "real" war. You are an idiot or you are someone who has made an idiotic assumption. So which one is it?
Hi Tolaha,

Let me see, my "assumption" that posters here have not seen "real" war ...

Is that the best rebuff you can summon up? Enquire about me being possibly "an idiot" in two ways within a single sentence? I think you'll have to work on your argument skill. There are plenty of point I've made related to the title of this threat. Don't expect to see you keep too strictly to the topic (that'll be too boring), but at least make an effort.

In esponse to your earlier post, Australia does have a military and we have troops in Afghanistan. Our government is buying two LHD (Canberra Class), and F-35, etc. For your information I think they are a perfectly lousy waste of my tax money.

If you think your neighbout "back stabbed" you, then don't let that happen again. Get an understanding, work out a treaty build an efficient defence force (that mean as little waste as possible). The last point is probably the hardest. Ask yourself over and over again, what would others do and what are they doing now.

Regards,
Jovian

Jovian

I think Jovian is a senior person by age and I would expect our members to respect that in true spirit of Indian culture and desist from any name calling.
Hi again Yusuf,

Thanks for your extension of courtesy, it will be appreciated. Age is never an insult to me, but immaturity have, on more occassion than not, been an irritant. I've had the good fortune to have encountered some truly good sprited person of Indian descents before, as well as other ... variety. Fortunately those other variety are mostly on the net.

Regards,
Jovian

Jovian

BUSTED!! (See bold parts highlighted):cool2:

Person of Chinese descent most likely from Malaysia(or elsewhere in SE Asia) who would rather support the Chinese than his "own" nation.

CARRY ON:cool2:
Arkem8 is it?

My apology, but I could not even find any relevent counter argument from your post. Work on it hard okay. If you are still young, you'll have time, but don't waste too much of it on irrelevent and narrow minded point scoring based on race. I've said before, Indian is fortunate to be located on the trade route, but so much of it are passing by. Have you wondered why? Anyway, you two minutes from me is up, have a good life. Hopefully it'll be one filled with good learning.

Regards,
Jovian

Jovian

I claim first and therefore gold on this.
Adux,

I hope you'll enjoy you "first claim"; of whatever it is that's so important to you. Afterall, there must be a price out there somewhere for it. Hope you enjoy it, for whatever it is worth.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Many Indian posters on this thread have been acting very childish and immature. Some are of course, beyond redemption, but my suggestion to the rest is to stop posting fanboyish comments, and instead research facts, reach good conclusions based on those facts, and then present your point of view with all the evidence.

Merely posting permutations of "WE WILL BEAT CHINA!!!!" etc not only reflects on your non-existing debating skills, but it lowers the quality of this forum and distracts from serious discussion.

Last edited:

Jovian

Morning all who stay up all night,

Hope you all have managed to find the time for some shut eyes. I responded to the replay posts first and then read the rest of what was posted afterward in the brief. In short, speechless. Hope more senses will prevail when the next morning arises. Good thing there is no chance that anyone where will ever be in a position of power. Better still, after all is said all these will remain in an obscured site of a little know corner of the internet.

Regards,
Jovian

panduranghari

NO selling debt is not indication of war. also there is no point to sell the debt, it will devalue chinese holding of debt. china have to keep loaning to US in order NOT no devalue their own US bond significantly.

there are only 2 potential place that can cause conflict between US and china. south china sea and taiwan, but chance for conflict between US and China is so small that i have better chance to win a multi-million $$$ lotery than a US-china war. people fell to notice that both US-chinese economy are intertwined. a war with china will not benefit US slightest, furthermore pretty much ALL US politician are buddys with CEO of different corporation. if china economy fall, is those corporation will hurt the most, not only do they lose 1.3Billion potential customer, hundreds millions exist customer, but most important is they lose all their investment in china. also china economy fall will hurt entire global economy. the current china-US situation is very different from cold war era where soviet economy never intertwined with US. the fact china-US trade is so important that will make US think twice about going war with china. Same with china, they have alot to lose if they invade south china sea or taiwan. so both US and China don't want a war with each other, if both party don't want a war, its pretty hard to have a conflict out of thin air.

the likely hood of US-china war is so small, poeple can consider non-existance, it won't happen,

That's what you want to believe. USA depends on arms race to ensure its most important industry survives - Defence.

China is an off shore manufacturing hub for USA and west. India also in some respects. But China more than anyone else.

As you said ,'china have to keep loaning to US in order NOT no devalue their own US bond significantly.' - Itself shows you how USA has you over a barrel of a gun. You sell their debt, you are at war. You keep buying paper and produce real stuff for the world. How much of a looser are you. Big one I say. You have been hoodwinked. And you know it and you can do nothing about it.

You wont win any lottery, do you have lottery in China? I thought it was against communist party ideals.

Your beligerence will bring war to your door. I assure you that. The war is inevitable. Its China v/s the rest now. Its also Chinese fault for this scenario.

panduranghari

China is by far the largest growth source in the world's economy. Without it, the world economy would plunge into a major recession. Look it up if you don't believe me. In Asia, China is the source of growth to most economies, and its economy is vital to almost all its neighbors economic well being, including Japan and both the Korea's AND Vietnam. The Europeans are in no state to destroy their economic, and political ties with China. We're much more vital to them, and most importantly to Germany, than India will be in a long time if ever at all.

I obviously cant reason with you, so I'll just hope that others here are more reasonable than you are mon ami.
Growth based paradigm of economic prowess it on its way out. Read the consolidated financial statement for Eurozone since 1999 to date and you will get the answer.

Listen you are a Keynesian you wont understand what I am talking about.

Have you ever heard of School of Political Sciences in Paris (L'École des Sciences Politiques) and Jacques Rueff.

Once you have please let me know.

panduranghari

Many Indian posters on this thread have been acting very childish and immature. Some are of course, beyond redemption, but my suggestion to the rest is to stop posting fanboyish comments, and instead research facts, reach good conclusions based on those facts, and then present your point of view with all the evidence.

Merely posting permutations of "WE WILL BEAT CHINA!!!!" etc not only reflects on your non-existing debating skills, but it lowers the quality of this forum and distracts from serious discussion.
Well your brick was met with our stones. Stop being so patronising.

s002wjh

Country flag
That's what you want to believe. USA depends on arms race to ensure its most important industry survives - Defence.

China is an off shore manufacturing hub for USA and west. India also in some respects. But China more than anyone else.

As you said ,'china have to keep loaning to US in order NOT no devalue their own US bond significantly.' - Itself shows you how USA has you over a barrel of a gun. You sell their debt, you are at war. You keep buying paper and produce real stuff for the world. How much of a looser are you. Big one I say. You have been hoodwinked. And you know it and you can do nothing about it.

You wont win any lottery, do you have lottery in China? I thought it was against communist party ideals.

Your beligerence will bring war to your door. I assure you that. The war is inevitable. Its China v/s the rest now. Its also Chinese fault for this scenario.
lol US does not depend on export of military weapon. its defense is huge but its mainly for US use. NO china is already selling US bonds, not all at once, but slowly. check status of chinese holding of US bond recent years, youll notice its in decline. even by your argument, the more reason for US not to have a war with china.

yes there are lottery in china, and no i'm an American.

well we invade iraq/afahan and other place, so far we seem fine. china is not gonna have a war with US anytime soon, the chance are just too small.

s002wjh

Country flag
I gave the best reason to get rid of the debt owed to China

U.S. War with China "Inevitable," Author Glain Says | Daily Ticker - Yahoo! Finance

U.S. War with China "Inevitable,"

America Is Bound To Start A War With China. Sooner Rather Than Later | Stirring Trouble Internationally - A humorous take on news and current affairs | Stirring Trouble Internationally provides an witty, alternative viewpoint on todays news stories a

America Is Bound To Start A War With China. Sooner Rather Than Later

So we all agree that China poses a danger. And we might as well agree that the US is the only country that can start a war with China – and win it. Especially as it owes China trillions of dollars that it would never be able to repay.
lol bunch BS propaganda. both china and US dont want a war with each other, there is NO BENEFIT by doing that. china own about 6% of total US debt, most debt are owned by private american.

trackwhack

I never said they'd help China in any way, I said THEY WOULDN'T STAND WITH INDIA. It wont be a world vs China event like many here wish. Just an India vs China scenario. Maybe Pakistan would be involved but the US, Japan or even the SE countries wouldn't ride to your rescue.

Thrilled that any Chinese economic disaster would be met with for example, the crash of the automobile industry, a major decline of the mining industry, the construction industry, the steel industry, the rare earth's industry, the electronics industry etc etc, with wild rises in prices for commodities and the collapse of many international corporations? Generally the meltdown of many of their economies? Yeah, I'm sure they'd be celebrating. You're a regular Einstein..

I'm not saying India couldn't blockade the Malacca straits, but with the combination of the disturbance of INTERNATIONAL TRADE (and the international objection to this) and PLAN. PLANAF and PLAAF operations in that area, such a blockade wouldn't last more than a week. You'd be disturbing and/or jeopardizing the busy sea lanes not only operated by us, but by every SE country, Japan, Korea, Russia, the States, the Europeans, Saudis etc etc. Forcibly boarding and searching ships in international and sovereign waters? You'd be the new Somali pirates.

How thick headed are you if you think that we rely on others to fight our wars. It is China that uses Pakistan against India. We may not be self sufficient in weapons system production and buy them from others, but we sure as hell dont need others to fight our battles.

So if you think the US, Japan or EU is gonna stop us from blocking Malacca, your just plain retarded. We will block Malacca and there is nothing you can do about it. We will cut off you oil supply and your war machine will grind to a after exhausting your supplies, which may take a couple of months, but it will happen.

s002wjh

Country flag
So if you think the US, Japan or EU is gonna stop us from blocking Malacca, your just plain retarded. We will block Malacca and there is nothing you can do about it. We will cut off you oil supply and your war machine will grind to a after exhausting your supplies, which may take a couple of months, but it will happen.
actually a blockade at malacca will guranntee involvement of US, japan, S.korean, and others. freedom of navigation important to ALL country, especially US. one of the reason US don't want any country to claim south china sea is because of this.

trackwhack

actually a blockade at malacca will guranntee involvement of US, japan, S.korean, and others. freedom of navigation important to ALL country, especially US. one of the reason US don't want any country to claim south china sea is because of this.
What makes you think their cargo will be blocked. Chinese trade will stop. with all these nations. with every nation. Their trade amongst each other wont be affected. They are welcome to try to defend Chinese cargo. :rolleyes:

s002wjh

Country flag
What makes you think their cargo will be blocked. Chinese trade will stop. with all these nations. with every nation. Their trade amongst each other wont be affected. They are welcome to try to defend Chinese cargo. :rolleyes:
look at my previous post for why it won't work.
1. there are 90,000 ships pass through malacca every year, you gonna check every ships, and see if it goes to china or not? there aren't enough resource to handle that many ships.
2. AIS transponder won't work. can be turn off, send false signal etc etc.
3. alot ships that goto/from china doesn't even belong to china, so you gonna board a foreign shps, say japan, sweden etc? lets say you do, i'm sure japanese won't happy about it, and it waste your resource and time during boarding.
4. are you gonna stop other nations ships that come from china onroute to other countries? how do you know that ships is coming from china, and not from japan etc.

there are too much work to sort through which ships belong to whom, and its destination. it will overwhelm whoever try to sort through all the ships destination etc etc.
just like US doesn't have the ability to check every ship or container in their ports

Last edited:
Country flag
look at my previous post for why it won't work.
1. there are 90,000 ships pass through malacca every year, you gonna check every ships, and see if it goes to china or not? there aren't enough resource to handle that many ships.
2. AIS transponder won't work. can be turn off, send false signal etc etc.
how about the easiest way satellite tracking??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles