China's southernmost airport ready for civil aviation

Nuvneet Kundu

Nuvneet, I do hear all that china this china that.

But as I metaphorically meant (sending a couple of ships ) in my earlier post, are they (US) actually doing anything of much significance, other than shouting?
For eg: With russia usa is fighting 2 wars, missile shield gonna come up in EEUR, military drills and power shows in baltic countries mere metres from russian border, brigade formations setup in EEUR, viulent anti-rus and pro-nato propaganda in EUR (contrasting with JPN and SKOR.)
Correct me if im wrong but other than show off, i dont think usa is actually doing (not saying) much about china.
PS: Can't watch the videos now.
The US has ramped up the scope and scale of their military drills with all ASEAN nations. Earlier they used to do only basic commando type training now they are doing theater level wargames at China's doorstep. They are also selling missiles to Vietnam (this was revealed by Bharat Karnad on his blog). They are doing naval exercises with Japan and India. They are transferring engine, EMALS, electronic intel gathering devices to India. The US assisted India in toppling the Sri Lanka govt who was tilting in favor of China. The US also sped up the process of planting a pro-US puppet leader Aung Sung Su Chi in Myanmar. They are building a strategic relationship with Laos too.

sorcerer

Country flag
I don't think islands can be built in the middle of the ocean, perhaps oil rigs.
I think in china's case existing islands/collections of stones are being made bigger.
US has a simple fix for it. They have already tested such scenarios to success. USA will let China invest in water...pretty easy for the investment to "sleep with the fishes".. if the chinese refused the order they cant refuse from USA.

'Tsunami Bomb' Created by US Military

The military has a long and honorable history, but part of that history includes some weapons' experiments that in hindsight seem downright wacky, and some even evil.

Everything from a "gay bomb" that tried to incapacitate soldiers through uncontrollable homosexual urges to extrasensory perception (ESP) experiments that attempted to give soldiers psychic vision have been the subject of serious — and failed — military investigations. And during World War II, the U.S. military devised a way to create a "tsunami bomb," reports the British newspaper the Daily Telegraph.

The tsunami bomb, developed in cooperation with authorities in New Zealand, was designed to inundate an enemy city under a 33-foot (10-meter) tsunami wave. Code-named "Project Seal," the top-secret military operation was created in 1944 after E. A. Gibson, a U.S. naval officer, noticed how using explosives to destroy coral reefs around Pacific islands would often generate large waves, reports the Daily Telegraph.

A series of tests were conducted around New Zealand during the war to evaluate the feasibility of the tsunami bomb — and when done correctly, it worked, according to Ray Waru, a New Zealand author whose book, "Secrets and Treasures" (Random House, 2012), outlines some of the military's lesser-known follies, including extensive UFO investigations.

Apparently, the correct way to create a large tsunami wave is through not one, but several bombs using some 2,200 tons (2 million kilograms) of explosives arrayed in a line about 5 miles (8 kilometers) offshore, according to the Daily Telegraph.

"If you put it in a James Bond movie it would be viewed as fantasy, but it was a real thing," Waru told the Daily Telegraph. "It was absolutely astonishing. First, that anyone would come up with the idea of developing a weapon of mass destruction based on a tsunami ... and also that New Zealand seems to have successfully developed it to the degree that it might have worked."

Concern over the effectiveness of an atomic bomb was the impetus behind Project Seal's tsunami bomb. "Presumably, if the atomic bomb had not worked as well as it did, we might have been tsunami-ing people," Waru told the Daily Telegraph.

The program was abandoned in 1945 before the war ended, though New Zealand authorities continued to produce reports on Project Seal's tsunami bomb into the 1950s, the Daily Telegraph reports.

http://www.livescience.com/25949-tsunami-bomb.html

no smoking

Country flag
Is the enhanced also more legitimacy of the PRC claim because of the location of Taiwan ...

Is PRC doing this because it is something that is in common with Taiwan ...
PRC position herself as the heir of ROC. So, all her claims are based on the ROC's claim before 1949.

What happen if Taiwan makes and does different negotiations and tactics ...
Simple, deny it and make it clear these treaties signed by ROC after 1949 will be wasted paper for PRC.

What happens to the One China principle for all of the above since there is different claims (some large and small like you said)
Doesn't matter. PRC and ROC are fighting for who is the legitimate government of CHINA.

Compersion

Country flag
PRC position herself as the heir of ROC. So, all her claims are based on the ROC's claim before 1949.

Simple, deny it and make it clear these treaties signed by ROC after 1949 will be wasted paper for PRC.

Doesn't matter. PRC and ROC are fighting for who is the legitimate government of CHINA.

Sorry i do not understand the term "wasted paper". What is that and where is that used. Also has there been much "wasted paper" recognition and use by PRC ...

Please Dont take it to be offensive and i dont show any harm to PRC and intent to you but i do find it ticklish whenever i think about Taiwan and PRC - it is like a pressure cooker cooking a good meal but no one has decided who will actually cook and finish cooking and the food is getting burnt inside and close to being dirty and without repair.

no smoking

Country flag
Sorry i do not understand the term "wasted paper". What is that and where is that used. Also has there been much "wasted paper" recognition and use by PRC ...
Any papers or treaties regarding China, which is signed by ROC, has no legal authority upon PRC.

Please Dont take it to be offensive and i dont show any harm to PRC and intent to you but i do find it ticklish whenever i think about Taiwan and PRC - it is like a pressure cooker cooking a good meal but no one has decided who will actually cook and finish cooking and the food is getting burnt inside and close to being dirty and without repair.
Or maybe neither of these cookers wants to serve you a good meal.

Compersion

Country flag
Any papers or treaties regarding China, which is signed by ROC, has no legal authority upon PRC.

Or maybe neither of these cookers wants to serve you a good meal.
do you mind to explain to me how Australia and Japan is able to do Nuclear trade with Taiwan ... on what wasted paper that is done.

I looked at the NPT and see Taiwan signature there in the original document what is that ? what is Taiwan status in Nuclear trade and commerce and even Nuclear weapon status. One China like you say.

What about Hong Kong and Macau ... if there is One China ... what is status of Taiwan Constitution and also its relations with Hong Kong and Macau.

I also looked at all of belows please tell me what is the status of PRC and Taiwan claims on both - are they the exactly same always also always the same tactics and same approach ... no wasted paper i am sure:

The nine-dash line area
Vietnamese coast
Sea area north of Borneo
South China Sea Islands
Sea area north of the Natuna Islands
Sea area west of Palawan and Luzon
Luzon Strait

why did President of Taiwan visit the below recently. Did PRC give permission and okay with that. Is that same tactics and approach:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Island

Thanks for being with kindness offering me a meal to a cooking where i am not and the warmth of the chinese customs shows through you. But somehow i doubt you represent any of the cookers since you yourself cannot eat what is being cooked!! you have restrictions on you. even if you want to eat you cannot and you are at the actual table - that is embarrassing. That pressure cooker is getting hotter and hotter who will take control. How about some spices and sauce in it ... for that there might be other who will jump in. Because like you say Taiwan and PRC are FIGHTING ... not my words.

Fighting is that a term used in cooking and by cookers ... the wasted papers can be used to control temperatures surely ?

Illusive

Country flag
Chinese invasion of other countries territorial waters is unacceptable, such hegemonic expansion and blatant threats to smaller countries could trigger a war, killing innocent civilians. China strutting their new found power like a beggar finding new wealth, but still behaviour wise is absolute crass.

Instead of tackling threats like ISIS, these fools are busy bullying small countries.

amoy

China drives off US destroyer intruding into Xisha Islands waters

China firmly upholds her sovereignty and maritime rights and interests in the South China Sea. [Photo/Xinhua]

The People's Liberation Army sent warnings and drove away a US navy destroyer intruding into Chinese territorial waters of Xisha Islands in the South China Sea, the Ministry of National Defense said on Saturday.

Earlier on Saturday, the USS Curtis Wilbur guided missile destroyer violated China's laws by intruding into Chinese territorial waters, the ministry's spokesman Yang Yujun said in a written statement issued on Saturday night.

"The Chinese troops stationed at the islands and naval ships and airplanes made an immediate response, took countermeasures and conducted identification and verification against the US warship," Yang said.

amoy

Exclusive: China sends surface-to-air missiles to contested island in provocative move

Fox exclusive: China deploys missiles on contested island

The Chinese military has deployed an advanced surface-to-air missile system to one of its contested islands in the South China Sea according to civilian satellite imagery exclusively obtained by Fox News, more evidence that China is increasingly "militarizing" its islands in the South China Sea and ramping up tensions in the region.

The imagery from ImageSat International (ISI) shows two batteries of eight surface-to-air missile launchers as well as a radar system on Woody Island, part of the Paracel Island chain in the South China Sea.

It is the same island chain where a U.S. Navy destroyer sailed close to another contested island a few weeks ago. China at the time vowed “consequences” for the action.

Woody Island is also claimed by the Republic of China (Taiwan) and by Vietnam.

Related Image
E
Diagram including a satellite image of the beach from Feb. 14. (ImageSat International)

The missiles arrived over the past week. According to the images, a beach on the island was empty on Feb. 3, but the missiles were visible by Feb. 14.

A U.S. official confirmed the accuracy of the photos. The official said the imagery viewed appears to show the HQ-9 air defense system, which closely resembles Russia’s S-300 missile system. The HQ-9 has a range of 125 miles, which would pose a threat to any airplanes, civilians or military, flying close by.

This comes as President Obama hosts 10 Asian leaders in Palm Springs, many of those leaders concerned over China’s recent activity in the South China Sea. "The United States will continue to fly, sail and operate wherever international law allows," Obama said Tuesday.

Related Image

Images of the Woody Island beach on Feb. 14 (left) and Feb. 3. (ImageSat International)

The Pentagon was watching the developments closely, a defense official told Fox News. "The United States continues to call on all claimants to halt land reclamation, construction, and militarization of features in the South China Sea," the official said.

In the past two years, China has built over 3,000 acres of territory atop seven reefs in the area. There are a total of three runways built on three of the artificial islands.

Compersion

Country flag
Q. Do territorial waters expand due to and because of reclamation and expansion of a geography

e.g. land surface at origin is 1 sq km. today it is 2 sq km.

does territorial waters, economic zone and other measures change ...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles