China's nuclear arsenal perhaps world's largest – up to 10,000 warhead

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
China's nuclear arsenal perhaps world's largest – up to 10,000 warheads

Mil.huaniu.com says in its comprehensive report on July 24, 2013: "According to an article in Russian Military Messenger weekly on July 24 titled "China's grand nuclear gift—China may have the largest nuclear arsenal in the world", the author, a deputy director of the Russian Institute for Political and Military Analysis, believes that from the perspective of production capacity, there are at least a few thousand and even up to ten thousand nuclear warheads in China's nuclear arsenal.

"The Russian media says that China has not revealed any official data about the size of its nuclear arsenal and is not expected to publish any data in the future. Beijing has no intention for discussion of the size and deployment of its nuclear weapons, but has merely announced that it has very few nuclear warheads. On that excuse, it firmly refuses to participate in any nuclear disarmament negotiations."

Some western analysts believe that the number of China's nuclear warheads does not exceed 250. "However, in the 1990s, China was able to make more than 140 nuclear warheads p.a. Even if some of the old warheads have been dismantled, the estimate of 250 warheads cannot even been regarded as an awkward joke."

The article points out that judging by China's production capacity, China has at least several thousand and even nearly ten thousand nuclear warheads.

As for the number of China's ICBMs, judging by the production capacity of China's military industrial enterprises and its huge underground tunnel system to cover its ICBMs, China perhaps has nearly one thousand ICBMs. Therefore, it is quite safe to say that China has a comparable or even larger nuclear arsenal than the United States and Russia.

Decklander

Re: China's nuclear arsenal perhaps world's largest – up to 10,000 war

Now you know how this forum is being used and by whom all? I posted a very accurate data of Indian nuke warhead capability which existed in 2008 and now we have this post as a counter to that to send a message to us all in India and world.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag

Now you know how this forum is being used and by whom all? I posted a very accurate data of Indian nuke warhead capability which existed in 2008 and now we have this post as a counter to that to send a message to us all in India and world.
Sir, what is the estimate of the Indian Nuclear Arsenal unofficially.........

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag

@Decklander, Sir what does the Indian intelligence agencies say about China's nuclear arsenal and strength of army, i mean the might w.r.t training and war capabilities.........

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

What data did you post?

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Isn't it an exaggerated number ? are Chinese going to fight against the remaining countries of the world alone?

Tianshan

we know better than most how important nuclear weapons are.

look at the cold war, both america and soviet union wanted to nuke us. nobody else was targeted in a serious manner by both of them at the same time.

the only way to stop it is to have more of our own.

p2prada

If the Chinese have that may nukes, then our "minimum credible" nuclear deterrence has to be in the thousands too. Or else that's a problem.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

No no, France has the largest arsenal! Can I prove it... no but neither can China.

no smoking

Country flag

China's nuclear arsenal perhaps world's largest – up to 10,000 warheads

Mil.huaniu.com says in its comprehensive report on July 24, 2013: "According to an article in Russian Military Messenger weekly on July 24 titled "China's grand nuclear gift—China may have the largest nuclear arsenal in the world", the author, a deputy director of the Russian Institute for Political and Military Analysis, believes that from the perspective of production capacity, there are at least a few thousand and even up to ten thousand nuclear warheads in China's nuclear arsenal.

"The Russian media says that China has not revealed any official data about the size of its nuclear arsenal and is not expected to publish any data in the future. Beijing has no intention for discussion of the size and deployment of its nuclear weapons, but has merely announced that it has very few nuclear warheads. On that excuse, it firmly refuses to participate in any nuclear disarmament negotiations."

Some western analysts believe that the number of China's nuclear warheads does not exceed 250. "However, in the 1990s, China was able to make more than 140 nuclear warheads p.a. Even if some of the old warheads have been dismantled, the estimate of 250 warheads cannot even been regarded as an awkward joke."

The article points out that judging by China's production capacity, China has at least several thousand and even nearly ten thousand nuclear warheads.

As for the number of China's ICBMs, judging by the production capacity of China's military industrial enterprises and its huge underground tunnel system to cover its ICBMs, China perhaps has nearly one thousand ICBMs. Therefore, it is quite safe to say that China has a comparable or even larger nuclear arsenal than the United States and Russia.
Well, my friend, if you are really interested in some chinese military news, you better know what forum you should look at.
The reports or news from the website you quote is more like the celebrity news you will read in the Sun.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

i have been repeatedly writing on this forum that we need a very large arsenal - various strengths including megaton but the majority need to be smaller and tactical - it is far more cost-effective than going for too many tyoes of equipment - plus , of course, various ranges of missile delivery systems , including submarine launched

dont waste time with ac's and other exotic expensives

go for the basics - even packland knows that . save our money for educating the people, better universities

Last edited:
Country flag

China has very limited fissile material less than India. This article is total bs

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

i have been repeatedly writing on this forum that we need a very large arsenal - various strengths including megaton but the majority need to be smaller and tactical - it is far more cost-effective than going for too many tyoes of equipment - plus , of course, various ranges of missile delivery systems , including submarine launched

dont waste time with ac's and other exotic expensives

go for the basics - even packland knows that . save our money for educating the people, better universities

Its costs more to make and maintain nukes.In spite of making nukes, Pak insecure.It can't do shit. Nukes are not weapons of war but a deterrent.You don't lob nukes at each other like grenades.You need strong conventional forces to win war. God I have to do this every time.

China deterred both US and USSR with a dozen 10kt bombs.

Broccoli

Who writes stupid nonsense like this? Even if Chinese manufactured 10.000km of tunnels, it would be impossible to conceal manufacturing of thousand ICBM's. Most idiotic article I have read in ages.

Broccoli

Its costs more to make and maintain nukes.In spite of making nukes, Pak insecure.It can't do shit. Nukes are not weapons of war but a deterrent.You don't lob nukes at each other like grenades.You need strong conventional forces to win war. God I have to do this every time.

Few dozen megaton bombs.

Broccoli

China has very limited fissile material less than India. This article is total bs
China has enough material to make almost 1000 warheads if they see need to do so, but the article is crap.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

China has 10,000 nukes? :eek:hplease:

Yeah why not and they also have missiles which can hit Pluto as well with 500 MIRV's.

Anyway now we got excuse to increase our arsenal.:D

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

i am talking about lower level radiation weapons being the majority going up the scale to megaton in PYRAMID

on that point we are talking about different subjects

you did however seem to support my stand by stating that nukes ARE A DETERRENT ..

also when you confine nukes to deterrent Only arent you making a basic, fundamental error SIR ?

those are strategic nukes , a cursory reading indeed on the web portrays tactical nukes in a very different light

as an example :- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_nuclear_weapon
from which i quote ;- Use of tactical nuclear weapons against similarly-armed opponents carries a significant danger of quickly escalating the conflict beyond anticipated boundaries, from the tactical to the strategic.[4][5][6][7][8][9] small, low-yield tactical nuclear warheads can dangerously encourage forward-basing and pre-emptive nuclear warfare,[10][11] as nuclear weapons with destructive yields of 10 tons of TNT (e.g., the W54 warhead design) are more reluctantly used at times of crisis than warheads with yields of 100 kilotons.

the red words imply the doctrine of USE of the low yield weapons not merely as deterrent but as a FORWARD STRATEGY

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

i am talking about lower level radiation weapons being the majority going up the scale to megaton in PYRAMID

you did however seem to support my stand by stating that nukes ARE A DETERRENT ..

also when you confine nukes to deterrent Only arent you making a basic, fundamental error SIR ?

those are strategic nukes , a cursory reading indeed on the web portrays tactical nukes in a very different light

from which i quote ;- Use of tactical nuclear weapons against similarly-armed opponents carries a significant danger of quickly escalating the conflict beyond anticipated boundaries, from the tactical to the strategic.[4][5][6][7][8][9] small, low-yield tactical nuclear warheads can dangerously encourage forward-basing and pre-emptive nuclear warfare,[10][11] as nuclear weapons with destructive yields of 10 tons of TNT (e.g., the W54 warhead design) are more reluctantly used at times of crisis than warheads with yields of 100 kilotons.

the red words imply the doctrine of USE of the low yield weapons not merely as deterrent but as a FORWARD STRATEGY

no smoking

Country flag

Lower level radiation weapons need higher accuracy and advance structure design, better delivery missile, which means more expensive. By the way, its maintenance cost may be even higher!

With only around 100 warheads in India's pocket and 250 possesed by china, neither can afford this "pre-emptive nuclear warfare".

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles