China's High Speed Rail Network

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

This pic was taken by me, It shows how slim the Chinese train is i assume for speed, One need to be lighter..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

One of the Japanese Trains..

Seats and some of the architectural is similar..

Last edited by a moderator:

amoy

Kunal, on different routes, different seating designs. normally on my shuttle it looks like the pic interiorly 2 on one side 3 seats on the other

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal, on different routes, different seating designs. normally on my shuttle it looks like the pic interiorly 2 on one side 3 seats on the other
Is that of a Hi-speed train.. ?

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Why, so they can fly off the track and receive proper burial?

I never seen a country who buries their trains, especially with people still in it!
Well, why did they bury the trains with all the cameras focusing on them?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Well, why did they bury the trains with all the cameras focusing on them?
Because the Rail Ministry told them to do it before any evidence of their treachery could be found.

Iamanidiot

Because the Rail Ministry told them to do it before any evidence of their treachery could be found.
Ouch!! Truth hurts.

Given a choice between CCP and Indian Babudom the Indian babudom seems to be a much ,much better option :scared:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
from Beijing to Shanghai,it took about 4 hours.

i travelled by it last summer vacation.my hometown is near Beijing,and First station out of Beijing to Shanghai,it took me less than 20 minutes from Beijing to my hometown.that time,the SHanghai hi-speed tain accident just happened a few days ago,so the railway department didnt limit the speed yet.and it appeared the fastesd speed on that way was about 250km/h(or 300?i forgot.).and now they low down the speed to 200km/h.

before the hi-speed train in operation,it took me about 2 hours by car,or 2 hours by train to Beijing.
Shanghai - Beijing takes 5.5 hours on the fast trains iirc. The speed has been reduced to 300kmph from 350kmph after the accident.

All the train stations en route are world class, and the train itself is pretty awesome.

AprilLyrics

Shanghai - Beijing takes 5.5 hours on the fast trains iirc. The speed has been reduced to 300kmph from 350kmph after the accident.

All the train stations en route are world class, and the train itself is pretty awesome.
asdf.jpg

thanks.this is the schedule of now time.the fastest is 4h48min.

what i said is 4 hour,which was the fastest before they low down the speed.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
It would be extremely important to maintain infrastructure quality and follow standard practices 24 x 7. Otherwise high speed train's accidents would lead to highest number of casualties.
It is isn't impossible though. What has been done wonderfully in west and Japan, can be repeated in China.

Regards,
Virendra

SLASH

Travelling from Shanghai to Hangzhou was a great experience. The route was mostly elevated with different elevated tracks for each train. Such a project is not feasible in India atm. Give 10 more years and than we can think of having such a project. By than the number of people who can afford the tickets will also increase.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
This high speed train seems to be a big achievement of China....... here we are still looking for something to cross 200 and most of the trains are <90 and practically runs at 60-80. :tsk:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles