China's hi-res SAR imaging satellite put into use | Xinhua

charlie

Country flag
No. The sensor is imported western electronics.

Assembling together a bunch of western sensors does not make it an INDIGENOUS Indian satellite. It is merely a screwdriver-ed western satellite.

This is not that hard to understand. India's heavy-launch rocket uses Russian rocket engines. It is RUSSIAN technology and not an indigenous Indian rocket. See? It is another country's technology.

Buying critical Russian rocket engines to launch a rocket does not make the rocket Indian. It is still Russian. Without the Russian rocket engines, the "Indian" rocket cannot be launched.

Similarly, western electronics and sensors assembled in India does not make it Indian technology. It is still a western satellite that is merely assembled in India.
Sorry for being rude but is your brain so numb ?

http://www.currentscience.ac.in/Volumes/104/04/0446.pdf

All sensors on Risat 1 are indian, One good thing about India is you don't need to speculate much as everything is in open, they didn't say Risat 2 had an indian sensor it was widely known that it had an Israel payload.

Keep an eye on a company name Data patterns you will keep on hearing it's name in future it's following the footsteps of Raytheon.

Martian

Respected Member
Majority of your defense stuff are cheap copies of others and a shameless act of Intellectual property theft. That is a fact.

As for our engines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikas_(rocket_engine)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE-7.5

http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...-launching-104-satellites/article17386533.ece

====================================

Watch and moan

Give me a break. India launches ridiculously useless satellites that weigh a few pounds each. What can you do with 104 tiny Indian satellites? Nothing.

China launches DFH-4 telecommunication satellites that each weigh 10,000 pounds and last 15 years in orbit. China's DFH-4 satellite has a maximum of 54 transponders for modern telecommunications.

Reactions: Neo

charlie

Country flag
No. The sensor is imported western electronics.

Assembling together a bunch of western sensors does not make it an INDIGENOUS Indian satellite. It is merely a screwdriver-ed western satellite.

This is not that hard to understand. India's heavy-launch rocket uses Russian rocket engines. It is RUSSIAN technology and not an indigenous Indian rocket. See? It is another country's technology.

Buying critical Russian rocket engines to launch a rocket does not make the rocket Indian. It is still Russian. Without the Russian rocket engines, the "Indian" rocket cannot be launched.

Similarly, western electronics and sensors assembled in India does not make it Indian technology. It is still a western satellite that is merely assembled in India.

All sensors on Risat 1 are indian, One good thing about India is you don't need to speculate much as everything is in open, they didn't say Risat 2 had an indian sensor it was widely known that it had an Israel sensors.

Keep an eye on a company name Data patterns you will keep on hearing it's name in future it's following the footsteps of Raytheon.

Martian

Respected Member

All sensors on Risat 1 are indian, One good thing about India is you don't need to speculate much as everything is in open, they didn't say Risat 2 had an indian sensor it was widely known that it had an Israel payload.

That's my point. Israel licenses American technology (from America's spy satellite programs) and sold a variant to India. The most critical piece of an imaging satellite is the advanced sensors and it is western as I have said all along.

Without the advanced sensors, what do you have? Nothing. Thus, the credit for the advanced satellite belongs to the satellite sensor manufacturer, which is NOT India.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

Martian

Respected Member
Mars Orbiter was due to NASA's experience and NASA's Deep Space Network. None of it was Indian.

NASA has decades of experience in launching Mars missions. India has none. The flight was a success. That was no surprise. NASA has been doing it for decades.

India could not communicate with a Mars probe without NASA's equipment. Also, NASA's experience in plotting the flight path and everything else was critical to the project success.

India was a mere bystander. Sure, NASA used an Indian rocket for the launch but it was all NASA.

charlie

Country flag
That's my point. Israel licenses American technology (from America's spy satellite programs) and sold a variant to India. The most critical piece of an imaging satellite is the advanced sensors and it is western as I have said all along.
It seems like you are an teenager who had no experience working in defence industry, let me tell you this in defence industries they don't use commercially available sensors, in our company we built our own sensors rather then getting it from the market. Just because India does not produce commercial based sensor does not mean we don't built sensors at all.

Again India is pretty open if it got a TOT then they would have said it, it's not a big deal, SAR sensor was on works long before Risat 2 was launched but it took time for research that's why it ended up being delayed.

ISRO was blacklisted till obama took office so Israel was not able to provide tot so the research started around 2005 to 2006

check out https://www.datapatternsindia.com/product/product.php?catid=4 (I don't work for this company)

And by the way Israel did't that tech from USA either they built it by themselves, I don't where you get that info from, I work for the company who built antenna for SAR in US and my company literally has a monopoly in US.

If you still don't understand that means you are trolling.

Martian

Respected Member
It seems like you are an teenager who had no experience working in defence industry, let me tell you this in defence industries they don't use commercially available sensors, in our company we built our own sensors rather then getting it from the market. Just because India does not produce commercial based sensor does not mean we don't built sensors at all.

Again India is pretty open if it got a TOT then they would have said it, it's not a big deal, SAR sensor was on works long before Risat 2 was launched but it took time for research that's why it ended up being delayed.

ISRO was blacklisted till obama took office so Israel was not able to provide tot so the research started around 2005 to 2006

check out https://www.datapatternsindia.com/product/product.php?catid=4 (I don't work for this company)

And by the way Israel did't that tech from USA either they built it by themselves, I don't where you get that info from, I work for the company who built antenna for SAR in US and my company literally has a monopoly in US.

If you still don't understand that means you are trolling.
No. The CCD sensor is imported. Thus, the most important part of your satellite is foreign. It is foreign technology. Without the foreign electronics and semiconductor chips, you don't have an imaging satellite.

India gets no credit for buying foreign technology.

"RISAT-2's main sensor is an X-band synthetic aperture radar from Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI)."
----------

Israel's economy is smaller than Hong Kong's.

Israel did not invent the advanced sensor. Israel tinkered with an American design. The technology on RISAT-2 is American.

Last edited:

charlie

Country flag
No. The CCD sensor is imported. Thus, the most important part of your satellite is foreign. It is foreign technology. Without the foreign electronics and semiconductor chips, you don't have an imaging satellite.

India gets no credit for buying foreign technology.
I gave you all the links it time you support your argument with links. Till then I won't reply.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Mars Orbiter was due to NASA's experience and NASA's Deep Space Network. None of it was Indian.

NASA has decades of experience in launching Mars missions. India has none. The flight was a success. That was no surprise. NASA has been doing it for decades.

India could not communicate with a Mars probe without NASA's equipment. Also, NASA's experience in plotting the flight path and everything else was critical to the project success.

India was a mere bystander. Sure, NASA used an Indian rocket for the launch but it was all NASA.

Stop eating too much shit cooked from Gutter oil.

And stop stealing everyone intellectual property rights you thief.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Guys he us brainwashed braindead CCP zombie who only barks his CCP taught propaganda who would say most outrageous things despite his fake country hasnt produced anything innovative except gunpowder and are nothing but a bunch of pathological liars copiers and with pure fakery reality is they cant even launch a satellite in proper orbit yet

https://spaceflightnow.com/2016/12/...lites-launched-into-lower-than-planned-orbit/

hahahahahhahahaha they cant even launch in proper orbit whats the use of all those Western funded and western made semiconductor fabs that you fucktard @Martian wouldnt stop bragging those FABS have ZERO CHINKI INPUT and ZERO COMMIE Tech and when you couldnt code worth shit and have zero mathematical prowess that you cant even programme and time your rockets go eat Maos shit now.

do you know dragons are nothing but glorified lizards.....

Martian

Respected Member
I have no idea why you guys keep coming into my threads to claim things that are not true.

In the major Indian forums, you are free to claim whatever you want. I don't bother you there.

I have this little corner in the Chinese sub-forum. When you make a claim that is flat-out untrue, I have to clarify the issue.

America has amazing spy satellites. Israel is a reseller of American technology. India bought American satellite sensors via Israel. India built a spy satellite that would not be possible without American technology. Hence, the satellite is not indigenous Indian technology.
----------

My original post was a discussion of current Chinese hi-res SAR imaging technology.

The thread was derailed when an Indian member posted pictures from an American/Israeli sensor and claimed indigenous Indian technology. That is clearly not true. Those pictures are only possible due to American technology.

Stop derailing my threads and I won't have to clarify the facts. I find it tedious and you guys would be happier posting whatever you want in the major Indian forums.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
I have no idea why you guys keep coming into my threads to claim things that are not true.

In the major Indian forums, you are free to claim whatever you want. I don't bother you there.

I have this little corner in the Chinese sub-forum. When you make a claim that is flat-out untrue, I have to clarify the issue.

America has amazing spy satellites. Israel is a reseller of American technology. India bought American satellite sensors via Israel. India built a spy satellite that would not be possible without American technology. Hence, the satellite is not indigenous Indian technology.
----------

My original post was a discussion of current Chinese hi-res SAR imaging technology.

The thread was derailed when an Indian member posted pictures from an American/Israeli sensor and claimed indigenous Indian technology. That is clearly not true. Those pictures are only possible due to American technology.

Stop derailing my threads and I won't have to clarify the facts. I find it tedious and you guys would be happier posting whatever you want in the major Indian forums.
india invented ZERO and the number system so all the computing knoweldge and mathematics is indian technology.

if the SAR is chinese show me the patents and chinese design that was filed regarding your so calle indigenous SAR tech

THERE HAS BEEN NO I MEAN NO NONE PATENTS FILED BY ANY CHINESE GOVERNMENT BODY/INSTITUTE REGARDING SAR

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/20/...-in-theft-of-code-from-us-tech-companies.html

however few commie theifs were caught stealing technology from the US and this is just one of the hundreds that have been caught publicly only god knows the real count.

IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE YOU ALONE THEN SHOW US THE PROOF DESIGN AND PATENTS OF THIS TECH BEFORE CLAIMING ITS PURELY CHINESE INCLUDING DESIGN,MANUFACTURING EVERYTHING.

Neo

----------

Well said, your posts are very informative, well supported with links hence very much appreciated. Unfortunately some trolls have the tendency to drag India into everything; start a thread about authentic Chinese cuisine and it will turn into curry vs noodle war.

Don't feed the trolls, report and leave it to the mods.

xeaaex

Satellite sensors are based on semiconductors and electronics.

China's most advanced semiconductor fabrication plant is run by SMIC, which produces advanced semiconductors with 28nm width.

India has no commercial semiconductor plants.

Since India does not produce any modern semiconductors that are the critical part for satellite sensors, it is impossible for India to indigenously produce a more advanced sensor than China's.

Hence, simple deductive reasoning means India imports critical western semiconductors and satellite sensors.
Noob, (cause that's how you behave)
Sensors are not pure semiconductor technology, they are mainly MEMS(micro electro mechanical systems) and we have pretty good MEMS sensor fabricating lab in India in IISC, so how about shutting your ignorant mouth and stop blabbering.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Those are imported western sensors.

India has no indigenous semiconductor fabrication plant capable of manufacturing modern sensors.
We had that peoblem before, so we set up small plant for defence and started making our own, now that was years ago, private sector too jump in and has made two plant, its not clear if they started full production.

You are going to see lots of products coming soon.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@martine you are well aware about Indian Semiconductor, specially by ISRO facility, i saw your post and reply in other fake Indian forum.

When you already had info about Indian semiconductors facility, why you are wasting our time. If you dont like or accept it, its your problem. Good luck with it.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Those are imported western sensors.

India has no indigenous semiconductor fabrication plant capable of manufacturing modern sensors.
Chinese tend to be enamored by 'Production' only. Semiconductor industry is a lot bigger than factories churning out chips. Actually, most of innovation is not in fabrication but in design and intellectual property. India has many good design houses. These companies are called 'fabless'. Big names in this business are likes of ARM, Xilinx etc. Here are some of Indian Fabless semiconductor companies.

1. Ineda systems : They make SoC design for IoT and automotive domain.
2. Infineon Technologies : Security chips, smart cards, SoC products, Wireless based on ARM uPs.
3. Saankhaya Labs : Software Defined Radio chipsets, DTV, Wireless ISP products.

Oh when it comes to fabrication, No Chinese company is in top 20 list in Fabs. Interestingly, Taiwan has quite a few fabs.

http://anysilicon.com/top-20-semiconductor-companies-2016/

Ever heard of NAVIKA?
India has no commercial semiconductor plants.
But India has plants for research purpose and I've earlier told you that elsewhere where India makes them.
You know that? Right. o_O
Hence, simple deductive reasoning means India imports critical western semiconductors and satellite sensors.
India still may be importing a lot, it's first plant is still in construction and
no one is denying but that doesn't mean you got license to credit away from designing & coding.
Israel did not invent the advanced sensor. Israel tinkered with an American design. The technology on RISAT-2 is American.
May be but I don't guess China got itself either.
It has license production facilities from British Company ARM and other types of ToTs from US between 1966-99 (that's a different issue, may cause flame bait, don't wanna bring here).
It's 28nm and which is even outdated for modern smartphones or electronics. Leader is Taiwan.

That's China too assembles advanced electronics like India but at much better & larger scale.

India had either cold response from west or sanctioned most of time. Now, sanctions are gone, OEMs are coming to India.
Well said, your posts are very informative, well supported with links hence very much appreciated. Unfortunately some trolls have the tendency to drag India into everything
@Martian is most informed member when comes about China but not about other countries (or knows it but not shows it). He simply declared that India doesn't produce semiconductors :dude:, probably never researched or didn't show even if knew (SCL Chandigarh, NAVIKA sensor etc., we have a thread for it.)
Agreed, the guy who who started this baiting has even "fanboy" in name.:p
But I honestly think you too must research before assuming anything.

India has 180-800 nm chips, simply outdated technology (and India not making semiconductors is utter false, outdated but we have it plus China too assembles most) but Chinese productions too are licensed products of British Company ARM.
Sanctions are gone, India can get foreign technology now but problem is investment.

But 10nm is applied for "modern" electronics.
Alone for 28nm -90 nm commercial facilities like China, India needs to invest $10 billions which seems to have unclear.

For modern 10nm chips, you have to invest 100 billions in facilities!

Last edited:

charlie

Country flag
Noob, (cause that's how you behave)
Sensors are not pure semiconductor technology, they are mainly MEMS(micro electro mechanical systems) and we have pretty good MEMS sensor fabricating lab in India in IISC, so how about shutting your ignorant mouth and stop blabbering.
i stopped replying him when he said the satellite had ccd sensor, i posted a link where all the tr modules, MEMS labs and patents are listed for risat 1 but he didn't bother to go through it as it will not make sense to him because he knows nothing about the tech. In other threat he posted image taken by goes r (16) as chinese satellite image.

What a waste of time explaning that num nut.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles