• INS Vikrant

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Type-001A

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters

Vinod DX9

Country flag
IMG_rqa39g.jpg
CV001, the first indigenous Chinese aircraft carrier of PLAN launched. Took just 5 years and 3 months for completion. Already one in service , two more are coming. In 2023-24 , when INS Vikrant would be commissioned in Indian Navy, China will have three aircraft carriers already in active service and one under construction. India still then will have two aircraft carriers in active service and possibly only one under construction. The question here isn't only Indian Navy gradually being outnumbered hugely by PLAN , but also the high speed China is doing so. What should be India's approach to counter this?

s002wjh

Country flag
Both are BRIC. Why India fixated on china as rival. Is it the 62 war? Is it because China is Pakistan ally? US has been in India ocean for long time and has base there, regularly has navy drill and passing through etc. I remembered US was on Pakistan side during 71 war. I'm sure from US point of view it prefer India counter China while US sit on sideline and get rid of both potential rivals. This is just like how US cozy up to China during Cold War to counter USSR. I'm sure top India officials understand this. Which bugle me as to why India treat china as rival but not US

Last edited:

Vinod DX9

Country flag
The three new designs: MS200, S600 and S1100 form a new family of submarines to address a range of operational needs and submarine sizes of potential customers. Except for the midget submarine (MS200), CSIC now offers a range of Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) SSKs. According to a corporate video of the Chinese group, several countries have already shown interest in their submarine designs, including Algeria, Cuba, Egypt, Libya, Burma, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.
IMG_20171117_081317.jpg
IMG_20171117_081318.jpg
IMG_20171117_081319.jpg
IMG_20171117_081323.jpg

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They look a lot like scorpions, I wonder it has links with leaked information from India ..

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
The three new designs: MS200, S600 and S1100 form a new family of submarines to address a range of operational needs and submarine sizes of potential customers. Except for the midget submarine (MS200), CSIC now offers a range of Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) SSKs. According to a corporate video of the Chinese group, several countries have already shown interest in their submarine designs, including Algeria, Cuba, Egypt, Libya, Burma, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.View attachment 21582 View attachment 21583 View attachment 21584 View attachment 21585
Venezuela????

Are they serious.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
View attachment 15386 CV001, the first indigenous Chinese aircraft carrier of PLAN launched. Took just 5 years and 3 months for completion. Already one in service , two more are coming. In 2023-24 , when INS Vikrant would be commissioned in Indian Navy, China will have three aircraft carriers already in active service and one under construction. India still then will have two aircraft carriers in active service and possibly only one under construction. The question here isn't only Indian Navy gradually being outnumbered hugely by PLAN , but also the high speed China is doing so. What should be India's approach to counter this?
China will have to put most of its offensive naval ships near its coast.

We better start moving fast with our submarine program,we need at least 30-35 of them by 2030.Similarly we require destroyers,frigates and Corvettes,Saar 6 class Corvette is a very nice example of firepower when compared to tonnage.

In short-fast pace the production of SSN and SSK along with other warships.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
Well if everything goes well...we will have
6 Kalvari Class under P-75
3-6 Super Scorpene additional
6 Super Scorpene under P-75I
3-6 Indigenous SSK
11 Nuclear sub + 2 nuclear from Russia

So , 24 minimum and can be as high as 37 (still less than need)

Vinod DX9

Country flag
#Update
Installation of flat array AESA radars aboard Type 002 aircraft carrier. Sea trial to begin very soon.
FB_IMG_1510931034488.jpg

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
3-6 Indigenous SSK

How much do you think we need????

I think about 40-45 SSN+SSK.

A good enough 6-8 SSBN are enough.

G10

Country flag
These PSUs are of no use. We are still working on vikrant. I think it will rust in the shipyard before these guys are ready for sea trials.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
Don't know bhai what's going on Vikrant.
And Aditya, even Pakistan will have 12+ subs.
I guess our total fleet should be at least 45

SanjeevM

Country flag
We need numbers. Government should give contracts for ships and subs to private companies. If we have indigenous submarines, why not pass on the technology to private sector and let the produce in large numbers. Whereas government an keep contracting with foreign manufacturers under strategic partnership so that we also keep updating our knowledge. This will have 2 benefits. On one hand private sector will produce large numbers of indigenous subs and on other hand we are also producing state of the art submarines with latest technology.

undeadmyrmidon

Don't know bhai what's going on Vikrant.
And Aditya, even Pakistan will have 12+ subs.
I guess our total fleet should be at least 45
8 diesel electric + 4 old ones. We will have 225+ nuke and all. no comparison.

INS Vikrant is nearly ready too if you follow thread.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
FB_IMG_1512881030017.jpg

Chinese loans are collateralized by strategically important physical assets, Sri Lanka formally hands over the Hambantota port to China on a 99-year lease because it is simply not in a position to repay its onerous debt to Beijing.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
3-6 Indigenous SSK

What is Super Scorpene???

The following error occurred:
Please enter a message with at least 30 characters.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Both are BRIC. Why India fixated on china as rival. Is it the 62 war? Is it because China is Pakistan ally? US has been in India ocean for long time and has base there, regularly has navy drill and passing through etc. I remembered US was on Pakistan side during 71 war. I'm sure from US point of view it prefer India counter China while US sit on sideline and get rid of both potential rivals. This is just like how US cozy up to China during Cold War to counter USSR. I'm sure top India officials understand this. Which bugle me as to why India treat china as rival but not US
US does not have any territorial claims against India. US isn't opposing India's entry into NSG. US isn't protecting Pakistani terrorists like masood aszhar from being blacklisted. US isn't building a road through disputed territory which India claims. China is doing all of these things. You keep saying that US wants there to be a rivalry, but who is causing China to provoke this rivalry?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles