China's Chengdu J-20 Stealth Fighters flying in formation

Martian

Respected Member

"Published on Aug 5, 2017

Watch J-20 of the PLAAF fly in formations during recent military drills."

Reactions: Neo

Martian

Respected Member
Why not post this on the J20 sticky thread?
The J-20 sticky thread is for ordinary discussions on J-20.

A new thread is warranted when an interesting new development occurs and regular viewers would want to know.

For example, I usually ignore the J-20 thread because there is a silly argument in there about the J-20 (such as the F-35 can defeat the J-20). For your information, the J-20 flies 16,000 feet higher, has a larger radar, and its missiles can fly farther than the F-35.

Anyway, it's been about six months since I created a thread on the J-20. I do not create a thread for every post on the J-20. I only create a thread to alert the average viewer to a new development that is really cool. The standard that I use is the "WOW" factor.

Most readers know the J-20 is in development. However, I think most readers don't realize that the Chengdu J-20 is already out in the field and flying in formation. Hence, the thread on the video of the Chengdu J-20 flying in a formation of five.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Cheap chinese copycat of the f-35, lol
Nope it's a cheap stealthy version of FAILED Russian crap Mig 1.44.......

So if the original plane itself is a crap this is bigger crap as Russians did have working jet engine in it, this crap doesn't even have a proper 4th gen engine let alone 5th gen engines, the engines give out smoke trail which makes fighter visible to naked eyes let alone modern Radars and these idiots call it a 5th gen fighter..........

J20!

Country flag
The J-20 sticky thread is for ordinary discussions on J-20.

A new thread is warranted when an interesting new development occurs and regular viewers would want to know.

For example, I usually ignore the J-20 thread because there is a silly argument in there about the J-20 (such as the F-35 can defeat the J-20). For your information, the J-20 flies 16,000 feet higher, has a larger radar, and its missiles can fly farther than the F-35.

Anyway, it's been about six months since I created a thread on the J-20. I do not create a thread for every post on the J-20. I only create a thread to alert the average viewer to a new development that is really cool. The standard that I use is the "WOW" factor.

Most readers know the J-20 is in development. However, I think most readers don't realize that the Chengdu J-20 is already out in the field and flying in formation. Hence, the thread on the video of the Chengdu J-20 flying in a formation of five.
I think the J20 sticky thread is still relevant if J20's are flying in formation. Pictures and and GIFs of J20's flying in formation were uploaded to that thread prior to you starting this thread.

But to each his own I guess.

J20!

Country flag
Nope it's a cheap stealthy version of FAILED Russian crap Mig 1.44.......

So if the original plane itself is a crap this is bigger crap as Russians did have working jet engine in it, this crap doesn't even have a proper 4th gen engine let alone 5th gen engines, the engines give out smoke trail which makes fighter visible to naked eyes let alone modern Radars and these idiots call it a 5th gen fighter..........
Sure mate. That makes total sense.

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Question: If the J-20 Stealth fighter is so amazing why is China buying Russia's Su-35?

Answer:

1. China remains woefully lacking in engine and mission systems avionics technology. Indeed, China has not even perfected its indigenous WS-10 for its Flanker clones, let alone come close to finishing development of the next-generation WS-15 it would need for the J-20. The WS-15 is currently thought to be in a ground-testing phase with flight trials set to begin some time in the future. In a nutshell, the J-20 is woefully short on power.

2. No AESA radar.

3. Not tested in a combat environment, so capabilities are suspect.

3. Lack of confidence in the fighter and thus the Chinese are buying the SU-35s from Russia. If the J-20 was such a super aircraft, why buy the SUs?

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
J-20 is looks like an old slow boat. Its huge for a fighter.

The Chinese copied the easiest thing to copy on the F-35 and F-22 - which is the stealth shape and angles.
It probably twice the size of the F-35 - not a good thing.

Without the radar, senors, avionics and networking - its a good showpiece at military parades.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles