China's C919 commerial jet show in ZHuhai Exhibition

badguy2000

Respected Member
it looks not bad. but I hope that more core components can be indigenized.

For time being,it can be called "Assembled in China" only.

However,anyhow it is the first step of the long march.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This is only a model of the interiors but yes it does look good. I wonder what engines they would choose though!

badguy2000

Respected Member
This is only a model of the interiors but yes it does look good. I wonder what engines they would choose though!
Once Chinese commerical jet is finished and one sale, the price of airbus and Boeing will have to be cut off 50%.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Once Chinese commerical jet is finished and one sale, the price of airbus and Boeing will have to be cut off 50%.
I agree they may have to slash costs but i dont think customers will be Q-ing up to buy the Chinese jets because its not yet proven and has to prove its safety and reliability which will take some years to earn. Moreover they still will have to buy Rolls-Royce or Lockheed engines which will cost a lot due to importing. So the prices would be in the range of the Brazilian Embraer if not more.

badguy2000

Respected Member
nrj 1 Minute Ago
exactly 50%?? Why wouldn't they sell out themselves for peanuts?? Your posts are amazingly funny!!
well, if they were not sell themselves for peanuts, they would get less than peanuts or simply bankrupt. GM would gladly say hellow to Boeing and Airbus, if both can not get used to the competition from "made in China"

Attention: in market economy,costperformance is the king.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
This day will come only when this airliner gets FAA and JAA certification. Till that day this jet will not be flying into or to Europe and now since South East Asia is getting richer their airlines might not take risk either.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
I agree they may have to slash costs but i dont think customers will be Q-ing up to buy the Chinese jets because its not yet proven and has to prove its safety and reliability which will take some years to earn. Moreover they still will have to buy Rolls-Royce or Lockheed engines which will cost a lot due to importing. So the prices would be in the range of the Brazilian Embraer if not more.
of course, unless C919 is proven in CHinese market, few foreign customers would buy it.

however, case is that China has global biggest commerical jet market and has enough patience to prove Chinese own jet,just as it proves CHinese highspeed trains.

When it comes to "raising trillion-dollar high-tech projects" such as highspeed trains and commerical jets, a domestic market big enough is the key.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
well, if they were not sell themselves for peanuts, they would get less than peanuts or simply bankrupt. GM would gladly say hellow to Boeing and Airbus, if both can not get used to the competition from "made in China"

Attention: in market economy,costperformance is the king.
I'm amazed at your exact figure of 50% slash. You talk like a prophesier.

badguy2000

Respected Member
BTW, 100+ C919 has been ordered by Chinese companiesk,which proves how Chinese support the raise of CHinese indigenious commerial jet projects. such support is indispensable to such huge projects.

Unfortuately, Except EU and USD, only CHina can afford such huge projects.

In fact, Chinese indigenious commerical jet project is just a bait and balloon,by which China can grap tech necessory for military big plane more quickly.

From the start, C919 is based on purchasing best components all over the world,so indigenization is not the primary consideration.Instead, commerical feaziblity and costperformance is the primary consideraiton.

However, Chinese miliatary big plane projects is based on complete self-sufficient,so indigenization ,instead of costperformance, is the primary consideration.

Last edited:

masterofsea

This day will come only when this airliner gets FAA and JAA certification. Till that day this jet will not be flying into or to Europe and now since South East Asia is getting richer their airlines might not take risk either.
I don't think U.S or E.U will give china FAA and JAA certification. that is no good for their aerial industiry which is one of few their exclusive knowhows.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
^^ Then the West will lose air traffic and hence more revenue. Remember that most traders and businessmen are now changing the flow of traffic from west to east and therefore refusing jets to get clearance will only destroy their airports' revenues. Now there are certain international safety standards whether the plane is from any country it doesn't matter. If C919 clears it all, then it is capable of flying anywhere and then EU's or US's refusal to give them certificate will only highlight their biased attitude towards Chinese-made airliners political in nature.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
First get a Chinese engine on this Plane!

Secondly, a passenger jet is not Selected on the basis of Cost Alone! Fuel Economy, plays a role, maintenance too. A Slight variation in these will make the Airlines Save or Loose Millions of Bucks! The Reason why Russian Passenger Jets werent so good is that they were maintenance intensive while the european and american ones cut cost here considerably. Jets keep flying continuously and are made to dish out hours of flight and they need to be rugged for this. They cant be always under service!

Right now, China is on a good path, but has a long way to go! I dont see China challenging Boeing or the others anytime soon! God Speed

Global Defence

New threads

Articles