China's 5G bird to start its test-flight in 2010?

badguy2000

Respected Member
It was long ago, apparent that China would make a 5th gen fighter aircraft sooner or latter.

While people may haggle over the when, it is more that certain it will be some time in the next 15 years that this plane will see induction.
An awfully long time frame but in fact its even longer, considering the Chinese started working on 5th gen in the early 2000's .

At best they probably have a design for the aircraft, and might have even tested a few technologies on its other 4th gen planes. on the edge of reason, they may testing some form of very very early technology demonstrator.

Frankly speaking i cant see how the worlds 2nd largest defence budget will fail to accommodate a 5th gen plane. Its going to happen.

But i doubt the fact that the j-14, 13 or XX or whatever, will make a first fligth in 2010.
well,even most of CHinese ,including me ,didn't believe that China's 5G bird will test its firstflight in 5 years, until PLAAF top commander expessed that China's 5G bird was to be in service in 8 years so last year.

however, after the open expression of the PLAAF top commader, more and more leaks and information shows that CHina's 5G bird projects indeed advances much more rapidly and smoothly than most people thought.

in fact, many such leaks and information about t CHina's 5G bird can be found in CHinese official or semi-official webistes in a subtle way.
Later , I will post some of them below.

The lack of an AESA radar, inducted on a large scale shows another short coming.
it is a old post about the development of CHina's AESA.

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/sh...d-Array-Radar-finished-in-2008&highlight=AESA

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
it is a report from a semi-official website:http://www.aviationnow.cn/2009/0322/5774_2.html

it reported how Chinese government praised and rewarded those scientists who succeeded in developing CHiness indigenious AESA.

the report in fact indeliberately leaks that CHina's AESA for 5G bird was finished in 2008.

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/sh...d-Array-Radar-finished-in-2008&highlight=AESA
here is my digestions of the offically authorized leak:
1. the engine and the rader once were the two tech barriers of CHinese 5G bird ,J-X project.
but now the problem of Radar has be sovled ,with the finish of the Phased array rader.
" When the X aircraft project got approval , I once got worried about two cases: one was the engine, the other was the radar. judging from the report today, the problem of the radar now has been solved."

2. the phased array radar is not only the necessary radar of PLA's J-X projects,but also the optional radar for the upgrade plans of PLA's 4G birds in service, such as J11 and J10.

it also fix a consolidated base for CHinese X aircraft project. It is a milestone that the time to impove the capacity of PLA X generation aircraft has come!"

http://www.aviationnow.cn/2009/0322/5774_2.html

badguy2000

Respected Member
CHina's 5G bird model?

the picture is showed on peopledaily.cn,the offical website of people daily, CCP's throat.

the orginal intention of the picture is to show how CHinese Compass satellite navigation system( Beidou) guides different platforms.

However, people found a strange aircraft in the picture. many people here think that the aircraft should be based on CHina's 5G bird,because it is completely differnt from any know 5G bird such as F22,F35 or T50.

Oracle

If this all is true, China then surely would be giving US headaches and to Pakistan something to cheer about.

However, the rumor doing the rounds is that Chinese 5th Gen planes are actually current 4th Gen planes, and 4th Gen planes are actually current 3rd Gen planes.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
it is a report from a semi-official website:http://www.aviationnow.cn/2009/0322/5774_2.html

it reported how Chinese government praised and rewarded those scientists who succeeded in developing CHiness indigenious AESA.

the report in fact indeliberately leaks that CHina's AESA for 5G bird was finished in 2008.
Are you sure that radar isn't a PESA? AESA would be active phased array.

Iamanidiot

Iam thinking they are doin a dog and pony show.5G bird.Guys inform me when you find any internal weapons bay

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Threads Merged.

Badguy, don't go on opening threads for all and sundry about Chinese 5th gen bird. Stick to this thread.

badguy2000

Respected Member
again, a article on "the most important model aircraft" appears on a semi-official website again.

In Chinese cyberspace, it is widely accepted that "the most important model aircraft" is the special subtle term for Chinese 5G bird on CHinese offical or semi-offical medias.

The most important model aircraft to come to the crunch

中国重点型号飞机研制时间紧迫 已到关键时刻
http://cn.chinareviewnews.com/doc/1...=4&kindid=16&docid=101284866&mdate=0409122156

李玉海指出,去年经过厂所军各方的全线拼搏,重点型号研制取得了突出成绩,得到了党中央、中央军委的高度评价和军方的多次表扬。今年型号研制任务更加繁重,面临形势十分严峻,全线参研人员必须保持清醒认识。当前型号研制已到了关键时刻,各参研单位要统一思想,迅速动员,振奋精神。

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Has China or PLAAF specified the requirements/specifications of this "Most Important Model Aircraft" on official/ semi official/ non-official/ Journo website anywhere?

I think then we can get idea what is this 5th Gen aircraft composed to be? Its kinda abstract to name a aircraft as 5th Gen Fighter without even knowing what it has got?

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
Has China or PLAAF specified the requirements/specifications of this "Most Important Model Aircraft" on official/ semi official/ non-official/ Journo website anywhere?

I think then we can get idea what is this 5th Gen aircraft composed to be? Its kinda abstract to name a aircraft as 5th Gen Fighter without even knowing what it has got?
CHinese government and PLAAF even offically don't aknowledge the existence of CHinese 5G bird project.so, how can PLAAF specify the specification of "most important model aircraft"?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
CHinese government and PLAAF even offically don't aknowledge the existence of CHinese 5G bird project.so, how can PLAAF specify the specification of "most important model aircraft"?
My question is without any official technical info on aircraft, how can you categorize it in 5th Gen Fighter? Just speculation?

Lets just keep it China's "Important Model Aircraft", unless anything concrete data is announced rather than tagging it "5th Gen Bird".....

One just cant place an unknown aircraft in 5th Gen league without it meeting the technical parameters & essentialities of 5th Generation..

dove

China has the right to name their next fighter as 10G if they want to.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles