China's 003 Aircraft Carrier (former 002)

rockdog

Country flag
Congratulations to all u guys for achieving this technological and manufacturing marvel🎉🎉🎊🎊
Kudos to your leadership and people who work for powerful nation :yo:
Thx. India & China are only two nations capable making AC and other complicated military hardwar among developing nations,just the speed matters,other developing nations are hopeless on industrialization ...

shiphone

Country flag
some official videos on youtube.

and some unofficial images available on social medias as usual....lol..she was moved out of the drydock with the help of the tugs this afternoon.

---------------------
old post and the repeated viewpoints:

1. this is an 80XXX tons displacement(full) vessel which is not as heavy/big as the lastest nuclear-powered aircraft carries.
2. she has the EMALS and EAS.
3. due to the design change( for EMALS and EAS), the hand over date might be in the end of 2024
4. this is the phase II of China Navy 3-Phase Carrier building program. we should be able to see the final phase one- CVN within this decade.

IMO, a little exaggeration about the Dimensions of the 003's flight deck...lol.
we have read too many such inflated speculation these years.
any way this is just a 80,000 ton class vessel.

-------
again, some correction about early statement of the 3-step of the PLAN carrier project.

due to the faster pace of the research and development, the EMALS has won over the steam catapult system in the comparative test. the construction of Type 003 first vessel was halted for a while and the design institute changed some layouts and construction drawings...we are expecting the commission happening in 2024 now, coz there was some 'accident'...lol

and the second vessel of Type 003( I'm afraid that it is not called 004) would be built in JN shipyard as well. some super blocks have been seen.... the true Type 004(nuclear powered of course) should be emerged in north china. and that important final time dot might be around 2030

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
Do you have any new photos of fc-31 and naval AWACS.
no...but both types(J-35 and KJ-600) have more than 'one' prototypes for flying test at this stage...
BTW, the J-15B and J-15X (E-Attacker) should be at more advanced stage..so you will see the J-15 serial landing on this Type003 Carrier first, then the KJ-600, and J-35 in the end ...some UAV as well.
微信图片_20220617200853.jpg

Last edited:

SexyChineseLady

From Chinese social media -- it's been a long road:
E9CEE114-5E2E-403E-B31F-7C1109B66D6D.jpeg

Having great benchmarks can challenge you to do great things :)

SexyChineseLady

This is the story of the man above, Adm. Liu Huaqing -- he would be very happy today:

in 1980, Liu visited the United States as a naval chief. He boarded the USS Kitty Hawk for the first time. He wrote in his memoir, “Tears welled up in my eyes. And I made a pledge to my country that China would have an aircraft carrier before I died.”

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles