China wants high-speed rail link to India

badguy2000

Respected Member
the following is how Chinese history textbooks describe west and Japanese imperialists used railway to invade China and infringe on CHina's Sovereignty in 19th Century and early 20th century

Wherever the railways of west /Japanese imperialist winded their ways to, west/Japanese imperialist managed to turn those places to their own sphere of influnce.
finally, it is time for CHina to be a "imperialist"!

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
No Thanks. Rail links are easy means to rush troops to the border. Especially when the rail link crosses it.

Before anyone comes up with a "but the link works both ways, and we can rush our troops to the border using it, too" argument, let's face it: Nearly no part of our territory bordering China has terrain fit for 6' broad gauge lines. Not at Uttarakhand, not Ladakh, not the North East, either. At best the rail line on our side could go a few dozen kilometres into Indian territory, beyond which our terrain wouldn't permit the line to go further (unless we have a line leading to it that cuts through mountains over hundreds of bridges and tunnels. On China's side, on the other hand, Xizang (Tibet) already has a much more developed rail network that connects to China's trunk rail lines that connect its western frontier provinces to its eastern heartland. So China has a higher military advantage with this rail link, than India having any trade advantage with it.

gogbot

No Thanks. Rail links are easy means to rush troops to the border. Especially when the rail link crosses it.

Before anyone comes up with a "but the link works both ways, and we can rush our troops to the border using it, too" argument, let's face it: Nearly no part of our territory bordering China has terrain fit for 6' broad gauge lines. Not at Uttarakhand, not Ladakh, not the North East, either. At best the rail line on our side could go a few dozen kilometres into Indian territory, beyond which our terrain wouldn't permit the line to go further (unless we have a line leading to it that cuts through mountains over hundreds of bridges and tunnels. On China's side, on the other hand, Xizang (Tibet) already has a much more developed rail network that connects to China's trunk rail lines that connect its western frontier provinces to its eastern heartland. So China has a higher military advantage with this rail link, than India having any trade advantage with it.
I also rushed to the Military view my self.

But even from an economic point of view.

this will only make Chinese goods cheaper, in the Indian market.
while china plays protectionism back home for its markets.

It took us 40 years to re-open the Natula pass.
A high speed rail Link is to big a step, too soon.

More confidence is needed and less suspicion from both sides

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
this will only make Chinese goods cheaper, in the Indian market.
while china plays protectionism back home for its markets.
Which is extremely damning for India's own industry. China is systematically killing India's manufacturing of consumer durables. Lower prices due to lesser logistics might be hypothetically be good for the consumer in the short term, but devastating for local industry, which will tank our economy and our consumers in the long term.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Thanks but no thanks. Rail connecting China and Pakistan? What a joke. This will not happen in a million years. Troops from one country and terorists from another?

badguy2000

Respected Member
Which is extremely damning for India's own industry. China is systematically killing India's manufacturing of consumer durables. Lower prices due to lesser logistics might be hypothetically be good for the consumer in the short term, but devastating for local industry, which will tank our economy and our consumers in the long term.
it is unnecessary for CHina to "plays protectionism back home for its markets" from India at all.

india industry is uncompetitive in the front of CHinese industry,because Chinese industry has better cost performance than India's

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
it is unnecessary for CHina to "plays protectionism back home for its markets" from India at all.

india industry is uncompetitive in the front of CHinese industry,because Chinese industry has better cost performance than India's
Wrong poster, I never said China would play protectionism for home markets (I quoted someone who said that). Besides, protectionism or not, imports from China will cripple local industry. Already we're starting to see everything from toothbrushes to dish-wash paste, to toilet cleaners being make in China, imported by the goons at Unilever, Procter and Gamble, etc., on local brand names.

Rage

DFI TEAM

badguy, Shut up about "protectionism". Ain't nobody talking about Chinese "plays protectionism back home for its markets", so stop derailing every thread with the only thing you seem capable of arguing.

Last edited by a moderator:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
however, juding from the above post, it seems that millions of Indians are quite jealous of Chinese hgihspeed railway and bash India government fiercely due to it.

many jealous Indian even suggest giving Mamata an one-way air ticket to china,in order that the minister can learn some lessson from the trip.
http://business.rediff.com/column/2...please-give-mamata-an-air-ticket-to-china.htm
1. Armand is a Frenchman

2. Indians prefer budget airlines to high speed rails. It's not like airlines are too crowded.

3. Mamtha was gestured to go to China to see the efficiency of the network, not to come back and build high-speed rail here. Besides, that's opposition rhetoric. They just have nothing to put up against the populist budget she presented. India's priorities insofar as rail goes is to provide a robust, efficient, and well branched out network, and then to jump into high-speed rail.

gogbot

3. Mamtha was gestured to go to China to see the efficiency of the network, not to come back and build high-speed rail here. Besides, that's opposition rhetoric. They just have nothing to put up against the populist budget she presented. India's priorities insofar as rail goes is to provide a robust, efficient, and well branched out network, and then to jump into high-speed rail.
Agree with you there.

I belive that a Japan style efficient railway system would do more good to our economy and people, then a few high speed lines

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Let Chinese gloat over their inefficient high speed railways. They won't tell you that to break the low occupancy suffered during the year that for Spring Festival they discount students tickets by 50% and MOR covers migrant workers. CCP is hemoraghing money; the NPLs on high speed rail will reach over a hundred billion. If China is foolish enough to actually construct railway all across Asia and Eastern Europe they are going to fall in the whole a trillion dollars with only a surplus of useless raw materials as collateral.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I think it is a good news for both China and India, it will strengthen the connection between China and India, which will definitely facilitate bilateral trade in the future. Both China and India will benefit from it.

I hope that plan will be carried out, i am planning to travel to India after my graduation. I believe a highspeed railway will certainly make the journey more convenient and cheaper.

gogbot

I think it is a good news for both China and India, it will strengthen the connection between China and India, which will definitely facilitate bilateral trade in the future. Both China and India will benefit from it.

I hope that plan will be carried out, i am planning to travel to India after my graduation. I believe a highspeed railway will certainly make the journey more convenient and cheaper.
While such a relation is what we want to work towards.
And given more time, it may be possible to build such a relationship

for now.

Even if both nations over come their mutual suspicion of one another.

India still feels threatened by China's association with Pakistan.

Negotiations for such a project will be very difficult.

there are to many tolerances, in this scenario.
Politics between India and China is rather neutral.
Neither side sees benefits in moving the relation in either direction

Going between cooperation to Suspicion as we jump from issue to issue.

badguy2000

Respected Member
While such a relation is what we want to work towards.
And given more time, it may be possible to build such a relationship

for now.

Even if both nations over come their mutual suspicion of one another.

India still feels threatened by China's association with Pakistan.

Negotiations for such a project will be very difficult.

there are to many tolerances, in this scenario.
Politics between India and China is rather neutral.
Neither side sees benefits in moving the relation in either direction

Going between cooperation to Suspicion as we jump from issue to issue.
well, don't take such paper plan too serious.

1.Before 2015, I don't think that China has enough spare resource to develop highspeed railways for other countries.
of course it may happen after CHina finished its own highspeed railway net . but that won't happen before 2015.

2. China is not charitarian. China won't provide free highspeed railways to other countries at the expensive of Chinese taxpayers.
if foreign countries want China to build highspeed railways for them, they must provide some consideration to CHina.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Who asked for any freebies from China BG? You are just harping on something that has not been asked.

notinlove

Let'em build it and then tell em we don't want it take it back .. should be a lot of fun :D

gogbot

well, don't take such paper plan too serious.

1.Before 2015, I don't think that China has enough spare resource to develop highspeed railways for other countries.
of course it may happen after CHina finished its own highspeed railway net . but that won't happen before 2015.

2. China is not charitarian. China won't provide free highspeed railways to other countries at the expensive of Chinese taxpayers.
if foreign countries want China to build highspeed railways for them, they must provide some consideration to CHina.
You must be kidding.

First of it highly unlikely India would even agree given the current situation.

that is unlikely to change this decade anyway.

I can only say i hope it changes for the better.

Also Charity from China. LoL

If you read the article properly it states that China wants a High Speed Connection with India. Not that it is going to show up and start building.

If India and China Want a High speed Railway.
Any venture regarding such a thing would be a Joint venture.

India would build its side, While China makes peregrinations to connect their network to Ours,

We have the resources and capability to build our own Line.

Some thing like that should have been obvious to you already.

We would never allow another someone else to build our Rail network. Nor do we need them to.

badguy2000

Respected Member
You must be kidding.

First of it highly unlikely India would even agree given the current situation.

that is unlikely to change this decade anyway.

I can only say i hope it changes for the better.

Also Charity from China. LoL

If you read the article properly it states that China wants a High Speed Connection with India. Not that it is going to show up and start building.

If India and China Want a High speed Railway.
Any venture regarding such a thing would be a Joint venture.

India would build its side, While China makes peregrinations to connect their network to Ours,

We have the resources and capability to build our own Line.

Some thing like that should have been obvious to you already.

We would never allow another someone else to build our Rail network. Nor do we need them to.
bingo!
India now needs not 200KMH-level or 350KHM-level highspeed trains at all.

it would be already a great achievement for India ,if india were to promote its average train speed to 80KM/H.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles