China vetoes Indias loan application at the ADB

badguy2000

Respected Member
african are well known not to return back their loans....hahaha

soon chines be cutting their jungles to take away wood in return..hohoho
no resource comes,no loan goes.
china is not a kind angel. it is business.

Country flag

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Well, China tried to block NSG approval for Indo-US nuclear deal and what happened - it failed.
Tried to block ADB loan to India and what happened - it failed.

This is enough to say that China doesn't have enough diplomatic influence to make things happen on its terms. They should accept this reality and move on, instead of taking confrontational attitude with matters concerning India. Otherwise, it will fail again :blum3:.

NikSha

Well, China tried to block NSG approval for Indo-US nuclear deal and what happened - it failed.
Tried to block ADB loan to India and what happened - it failed.

This is enough to say that China doesn't have enough diplomatic influence to make things happen on its terms. They should accept this reality and move on, instead of taking confrontational attitude with matters concerning India. Otherwise, it will fail again :blum3:.
Koji and badguy, two resident Chinese apparently don't get what "influence" means anyway, no point in explaining.

Anyways, China has mastered the art of failure of epic proportions by now, should stick to what she knows best, killing innocent people in Tibet and financing illegal activities through Pakistan.

johnee

Chinese have influence.BUT they dont have the kind of influence where they can block India's moves. Because India ALSO has influence. This is something our Chinese friends on the forum dont seem to understand.

Koji

Chinese have influence.BUT they dont have the kind of influence where they can block India's moves. Because India ALSO has influence. This is something our Chinese friends on the forum dont seem to understand.
Yes...unless it's the UNSC

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@ UNSC -> China can veto pro-India decisions but there is no guarantee China will be able to push for resolutions against India.

In any case this has pretty much settled the territorial dispute in the eyes of world community. Arunachal Pradesh is a part of India. :)

Koji

Koji and badguy, two resident Chinese apparently don't get what "influence" means anyway, no point in explain.

Anyways, China has mastered the art of failure at epic proportions by now, should stick to what she knows best, killing innocent people in Tibet and financing illegal activities through Pakistan.
Sigh...Everyone seems to overlook how China is just one player in financing Pakistan. Give credit where it is due, they have played their cards quite well, and it can be seen in their growth or growing influence in South East Asia. Not to excuse their behavior in Tibet.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Sigh...Everyone seems to overlook how China is just one player in financing Pakistan. Give credit where it is due, they have played their cards quite well, and it can be seen in their growth or growing influence in South East Asia. Not to excuse their behavior in Tibet.
Well, the influence was not enough for a decision against ADB loan to India.:blum3:

Antimony

It doesn't have a lot. Japan and the US pushed it through.
I guess that is what I would term influence, we are pally with the big guys.

The US's motives are not a secret, while Indian does have a lot of prgrammes done with Japan's financial/ technical assistance.

My thanks to the Japanese and American people and government for standing beside India

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Chicoms are having a heart burn :D:p

China slams ADB over India funding

5 hours ago
BEIJING (AFP) — China angrily denounced Thursday the approval by the Asian Development Bank of a 2.9-billion-dollar funding plan for India, saying the scheme encroached on a territorial dispute between the Asian giants.
"The Asian Development Bank, regardless of the major concerns of China, approved the India Country Partnership strategy which involves the territorial dispute between China and India," foreign ministry spokesman Qin Gang said, referring to a largely uninhabitable Himalayan region.

"China expresses its strong dissatisfaction over this... The bank's move not only seriously tarnishes its own name, but also undermines the interests of its members."

A bank spokeswoman confirmed to AFP that the plan had won "broad support" from the board of directors during a Monday meeting, but insisted it was not taking sides in the territorial dispute, only seeking to push forward its poverty alleviation efforts.

"ADB takes no position on territorial disputes between its members," ADB spokeswoman Ann Quon told AFP in an email.

"ADB will issue suitable guidelines for its staff on dealing with proposed activities in disputed areas... Individual projects and programmes will require separate approval by the board of directors."

According to India's Economic Times, the 2.9-billion-dollar package for India covers the whole country for the period from 2009 to 2012.

However, it says, China is particularly concerned about a 60-million-dollar watershed protection project in the Arunachal Pradesh region, where much of China and India's territorial dispute is centred.

India says China occupies 38,000 square kilometres (14,700 square miles) of its Himalayan territory, while Beijing claims the whole of the northeastern Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh, which is 90,000 square kilometres.
The two countries fought a brief but bloody border war in 1962, and are yet to resolve the border dispute.

"The Asian Development Bank as a regional development institution should not interfere in the political affairs of the members," China's spokesman Qin said.

"The Chinese government strongly urges the Asian Development Bank to take effective measures to eliminate the negative impact of this move."
The ADB's Quon said: "ADB's charter mandates that ADB shall not interfere in the political affairs of any member and that only economic considerations shall be relevant to its decision."

Koji

I guess that is what I would term influence, we are pally with the big guys.

The US's motives are not a secret, while Indian does have a lot of prgrammes done with Japan's financial/ technical assistance.

My thanks to the Japanese and American people and government for standing beside India
I don't get. One day you guys curse the Americans over their continued support of Pakistan, and another day you thank them.

johnee

I don't get. One day you guys curse the Americans over their continued support of Pakistan, and another day you thank them.
No permanent friends or foes, only permanent interests!:wink:

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
in the chinies case the relationship with US is such my enemie's enemy is my friend and in the Pakistan case it is my Enemie's friend is my headaceh as simple as that mate in Realpolitk dont expect "and they lived happily ever after" situation

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Globespotting:Indrani Bagchi's blog-The Times Of India

China is well and truly mad at us. The latest provocation was a diplomatic coup that India pulled on China, getting the US, Japan and even Pakistan to vote for ADB funding for a $2.9 billion Indian development project, which includes a $60 million watershed development project in Arunachal Pradsh, a state, which China lays claim to.
okay people, this is worth a mention. it was not only the biggies that have favored us in the past who voted this time as well but a surprise package in the form of pakistan also voted in favor of us and if we are to look at this deeply then this quite clearly was a vote against the wishes of the prc. it seems the recent meet between the pm and zardari was not all that of a waste eventually, this also means the back door channels of communications between india and pakistan were always active post 26/11.

johnee

Pakistan voting in favour of India against the tallel than mountain fleind China?!? Whats cooking?

PS: masterstroke by India to China. China must be truly mad this time.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
You are stretching this way too far. A passed loan does not equate to a full blown insurgency.

Besides, India's government has NEVER supported Tibetan indepedance and whenever Tibetans in India demonstrate in public over Chinese rule, they're beaten back with sticks by Indian police.
Well, you are mistaken again, as usual. India never objected to the protest by Tibetan people (that is not our culture unlike China :blum3:). The only time they were not allowed to protest was against the Olympic flame, as they were turning violent all over the world. In fact, many of Indians have expressed solidarity with tibetan people in many of the protests that they under took in India.

Koji

Well, you are mistaken again, as usual. India never objected to the protest by Tibetan people (that is not our culture unlike China :blum3:). The only time they were not allowed to protest was against the Olympic flame, as they were turning violent all over the world. In fact, many of Indians have expressed solidarity with tibetan people in many of the protests that they under took in India.
My point still stands. Please refer me any case where the Indian government has supported Tibetan indepedance. Solidarity among the public does not translate into national policy.

Plus the fact that they were forcefully denied the right to protest during the Olympics is a clear message, since that is when they would've gotten the most exposure.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles