China versus India, A Great Asian Race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Do you really understand what that "potential" means?
And I happened to watch the video in which Mr Du talked about "ICBM" of Agni-5. What he really said was: before the testing (2012), some India medias kept talking about 8000km range, but it only performed 5000km in the test, so there was a possibility that the real maximum range could be 8000km but India just downplayed it. That was his comment in 2012. However, after 7 years watching, it becomes a common knowledge: Agni-5 range is 5000+.
It will continue to remain 5000 Km until we decide to declare real range like Brahmos.

Knowitall

What I would first like India to get is a proper world class city something along the lines of singapore shanghai shenzhen etc. Our infrastructure is way to bad our economic centre Mumbai looks like a total dump full of slums garbage etc. You literally see slums everywhere once the plane starts landing in Mumbai airport.

Deathstar

Country flag
Cherry picking few pics don't represent country/culture..
For ex:all those chinky students =! even one CEO.

PS: They are some Indian individuals achieved the ladder on their OWN.
Thats useless when these CEOs are working for non Indian companies , when will we have our own Microsoft , Pepsi , Google , Intel etc etc???

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

If this happens predominantly with Guys from one country in such a large number, do you think that this just a co incident? If India has 10 China should have 11 to 12. I do not find a single one. Is it just a co incident? I do not see any Pakistani or any Bangladeshi, any Srilankan, any Indonesian etc. Why all Indians only?

amoy

I''d like to remind Indian posters who're proud of Indian (overseas) CEOs --

many of China based businesses are started off or owned by chinky Chinese who returned from the West. Just to name a few, Baidu, Sohu, Dang dang... some of which are listed in Nasdaq.

U have to distinguish those who (most likely as naturalized foreign citizens) WORK for FOREIGN (based) companies, from those who OWN/ RUN the businesses (based) in their OWN countries. The difference is crystal clear.

_________
and I have to give @samsung11 a friendly warning for his chinky offence.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I have to remind Indian posters who're proud of Indian (overseas) CEOs --

many of China based businesses are started off or owned by Chinese who've returned from the West. Just to name a few, Sohu, Dang dang... some of which are listed in Nasdaq.

U have to distinguish those who (mostly naturalized as foreign citizens) WORK for FOREIGN (based) firms, and those who OWN/ RUN the businesses (based) in their OWN countries. The difference is crystal clear.
And what about the numerous examples of Indians returned from abroad and started their business here. Your Problem is that when you are unable to provide a parallel example, you give example in other area simultaneously ignoring the counter examples. our silicon valley in Bangalore is full of entrepreneurs returned from abroad and created their own business empire.

amoy

And what about the numerous examples of Indians returned from abroad and started their business here. Your Problem is that when you are unable to provide a parallel example, you give example in other area simultaneously ignoring the counter examples. our silicon valley in Bangalore is full of entrepreneurs returned from abroad and created their own business empire.

I'd love to learn new knowledge everyday.

Enlighten me pls which of ""the top 10 Indian CEOs "" who rule the world "" (IN THE ABOVE PIC) started their own biz in INDIA?

I didn't negate there're some who do their start-ups in Bangalore etc.. But obviously some one gave a pic of examples that belonged to another category.

south block

up your a**
Country flag

Those people pay taxes in US not India stop boot licking them....they just boost ego of low IQ retards in India which are in huge no.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Deathstar

Country flag
Seriously thes so called Indian CEOs are contributing to America and not India. Same goes with Indian origin politicians in the US/UK. We shouldn't expect them to do something for us. Yes its nice some Indian reached such high levels of success.
Look at the chinese , in just a decade or so companies like Xiaomi , Oppo, Vivo etc etc have become huge.
Chinese are far ahead in terms of almost everything be it R&D , Tech , Human capital , infra etc etc.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Seriously thes so called Indian CEOs are contributing to America and not India. Same goes with Indian origin politicians in the US/UK. We shouldn't expect them to do something for us. Yes its nice some Indian reached such high levels of success.
Look at the chinese , in just a decade or so companies like Xiaomi , Oppo, Vivo etc etc have become huge.
Chinese are far ahead in terms of almost everything be it R&D , Tech , Human capital , infra etc etc.
We are not discussing contribution. Here talent of ethnicity is discussed. When given level playing field, who shines more. Please understand what is being discussed before posting your stereotype posts.

Bhurki

We are not discussing contribution. Here talent of ethnicity is discussed. When given level playing field, who shines more. Please understand what is being discussed before posting your stereotype posts.
I think the contribution to the local economy/national wealth can more accurately define if an individual has been useful to the country..
These CEO do extend a bit of soft power on account of being Indian, but in terms of economy, they dont have any major contribution to indian society..
The largest Indian startups like flipkart ( sold to walmart) and paytm( majority shareholding by foreign investors) have already ceded max control to foreign countries..
Most of the Indian IT industry is based off the products of foreign companies like SAP, Oracle etc. and exist on basis of minimal value addition..

Deathstar

Country flag
You are asking about parallels with the Chinese isnt it? Guess what Chinese dont boast of some chinese CEO of a American company instead they focus on their own companies.
Indians getting success in phoren companies is a tight slap on our country. This shows that a phoren country provides more opportunities to outsiders like Indians. INdians do excel and prosper but where???? When they leave India for better opportunities.
This brain drain is an embarrassment for an country like India who aspires to become a superpower.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I do not want to necro this post or cherrypick it but there is one point I would like to make.

First of all I would like to agree that India has strong social and moral values with a strong emphasis of family and parental respect. We should all be proud of this fact. However it is not right to compare Chinese students with Indian students. Chinese students are dominating the Western educational institutions and are ahead of the Indian brainiacs who end up there.

Infact the halls of Harvard,Stanford,MIT etc are filled with Chinese students followed by Indians. In terms of research asnd funding of sciences China vastly outpaces India.

Take a look at this picture.

This is the American ....yeah American IMO winning team.

https://www.inverse.com/article/644...th-olympiad-victory-was-a-predictable-miracle

As for IMO in general Chinese vastly dominates the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mathematical_Olympiad

Our first step should be to increase academic funding and arrest brain drain from this country. Only then can we compete with China,atleast in the field of education and research.
All the universities you mentioned has much more Indian as scholars, faculties and educationists than Chinese in numbers and in positions. Infarct, it is said about MIT that it is rum by Mafias of IIT Kharagpur.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I think the contribution to the local economy/national wealth can more accurately define if an individual has been useful to the country..
These CEO do extend a bit of soft power on account of being Indian, but in terms of economy, they dont have any major contribution to indian society..
The largest Indian startups like flipkart ( sold to walmart) and paytm( majority shareholding by foreign investors) have already ceded max control to foreign countries..

Most of the Indian IT industry is based off the products of foreign companies like SAP, Oracle etc. and exist on basis of minimal value addition..
Please trace back to previous page. You will know in which context the picture was posted and how the discussion got derailed.

Knowitall

In the end what matters is how much these people who go outside to study help in the growth and development of their respective economies. Here china has on the most part been able to attract their students back to work and contribute in their country compared to india. That is what we need to change we need to bring them back home. And a major thing here that we must understand even the people who do come back just get their jobs here and pay taxes that's it this doesn't matter much. What we need for them is to come back launch startups innovation centre's etc or the best thing do their PhD or Masters here. The masters course here in india sucks and needs a total revamp. Chinese universities keep on getting better in world rankings we need to do the same.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Meanwhile, the Chinese became CEO of Chinese companies while ours ended up licking peanut butter out of white buttcracks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles