China Tests Midcourse Missile Interception

albert_008

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Welcome to the Club...................

was the test successful ??? news does not say anything about the result of the test.

albert_008

Just google the ground-based midcourse missile

Look what i have found from Boeing: Missile Defense Systems - Ground-based Midcourse Defense System Home

"The Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System is the first and only operationally deployed missile defense program to defend the homeland against long-range ballistic missile attacks. The system provides early detection and tracking during the boost phase, midcourse target discrimination, precision intercept and destruction of inbound ICBMs through force of hit-to-kill technology."

Pintu

More details shall come out of this test , in case of radars what they have used as UEWR and FBXB , and whether which test is successful , whether it is BV Test / FTG Test successful or whole system test was successful , these details shall come out before terming it successful .

in the meanwhile what applies for Technology was tested , this system combines total 5 types of test , 1. BV (Booster Verification Test ), 2.CMCM (Critical Measurement and Counter Measures), 3. FTG (Flight Test of Ground Based Interceptors ) , 4. FTX (Flight Training Exercise) , 5. IFT (Integrated Flight Test )

China says missile defense system test successful

Last updated January 11, 2010 7:15 a.m. PT

China says missile defense system test successful

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

BEIJING -- China's military successfully tested a system for intercepting missiles in mid-flight on Monday, state media reported.

Few details were given about the test, with the official Xinhua News Agency saying only that "ground-based midcourse missile interception technology" was tested within Chinese territory and achieved the expected objective.

"The test is defensive in nature and is not targeted at any country," Xinhua said.

China's military is in the middle of a major technology upgrade, spurred on by double digit annual percentage increases in defense spending. Missile technology is considered one of the military's particular strengths, allowing it to narrow the gap with the U.S. and other armed forces.

Xinhua did not further identify the system tested, although China is believed to be pursuing a number of programs aimed at shooting down stealth aircraft and downing or disabling cruise missiles and precision-guided weapons.
Regards

Somebody please shed some lights , in between I had to depend on Wikipedia.

Country flag
I wonder what Interceptors and radar were use since ICBM's travel at Hypersonic speeds?? also what missile was used and the results??

badguy2000

Respected Member
a famous CHinese military forum is closed down. isn't it due to leaks of the missle interception?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
at what altitude this test was conducted ??? what was the missile against which this test was conducted and where this test was conducted are important question may be chines members will help us in this matter............

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
it is great that china has done this at least now our political bosses will feel threatned and would allow ASAT test, which is more of symbolic value.

Earlier our political boss must have been comforting under false sense of security that China has not conducted anti missile test despite the fact that they have S300 missile and its chini clones.

I hope that things will change in India and go ahead would be given by MMS.

badguy2000

Respected Member
it is great that china has done this at least now our political bosses will feel threatned and would allow ASAT test, which is more of symbolic value.

Earlier our political boss must have been comforting under false sense of security that China has not conducted anti missile test despite the fact that they have S300 missile and its chini clones.

I hope that things will change in India and go ahead would be given by MMS.
S300 is just even not a "TMB".
you underestimate CHinese ambition toooo much.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I wounder, if this test would accelerate our A5 missile and add MIRVs on A3, what will be next response of GOI will be, RAW is again caught napping.

In the comming days this thread will be busy.

redragon

Country flag
This could be one of the results of : US-Taiwan missile deal irks Beijing

redragon

Country flag
at what altitude this test was conducted ??? what was the missile against which this test was conducted and where this test was conducted are important question may be chines members will help us in this matter............

it's called CD or CjDby.net, I always get the latest info or pics regarding Chinese military from it, it's unofficial and has existed for 7 years and the info it leak are very accurate. I guess it criticizes a fighter producer too much recently, and claimed that the J-xx is something like F-22 which is what the PLAAF trying to cover, these make it finally closed off.

redragon

Country flag
Is china the second country to do this? anyone? Please shed some lights on this, thank you

redragon

Country flag
USA,Russia,India,Israel have all done this and Japan is also in the process or may have also done this.
acknowledged, that means this technology is not a big deal. I guess China has to go faster to have some real deals.

Country flag
acknowledged, that means this technology is not a big deal. I guess China has to go faster to have some real deals.
This is not really a race in fact it maybe wiser to wait and watch others since no Country has truly perfected a BMD and probably never will against MIRV's and TOPOL type ICBM'S.

badguy2000

Respected Member
USA,Russia,India,Israel have all done this and Japan is also in the process or may have also done this.
well, guy, the mission might be a mid-course interception in space..... if so, it is competely different from the “adterminal interception" of Russia, India ,Israel and Japan.

however, I have to wait for more details.

in fact, CHinese would not make a fuss for a “adterminal interception"

in fact, CHinese managed "adterminal interception" in 1970s with FJ-1 anti-missle systems even during the rule of Mao.

CHinese FJ-1 anti-missle system,which were developed in 1960s-1970s. it could hold up missles with nuke warheads.

qilaotou

It's likely a test of HQ-19 as I mentioned in this forum earlier, 400km range. Congrats! Next exposure might be ship based laser guns.

Country flag
is there a credible link where they give details of the test?? lot of things are speculation at this point.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles