China says it is no threat to India

Officer of Engineers

Professional
What do we know?

1) The North Koreans did receive Chinese and Soviet/Russian nuclear help when North Korea was still a NPT signatory. All such co-operation stopped once North Korea withdrew from the NPT.

2) We do know that the AQ Khan sold the November Kilos the same package he sold the Lybians which included the blueprints for a CHIC-4 warhead.

3) We have discovered more advanced versions of the CHIC-4 warhead blueprints in Geneva by AQ Khan.

4) All of AQ Khan's work was HEU.

5) The 1st November Kilo nuke test was less than a kiloton and noble gases were detected, indicating that it was a Pu device. AQ Khan's packages were all HEU.

6) The Intelligence Community deduced that the November Kilos went for a small warhead design right off the bat and as a result, the compression explosives were not properly placed nor designed, blowing the fissible materials faster than they could be compressed into a critical mass.

7) The failed warhead was designed to fit on top of a NADONG missile but no RV has been spotted.

8) The 2nd nuke test was calculated between 1.2 to 8 kts with the intelligence community going for the lower end calculations. However, no noble gases have been detected and there are strong suspicions the test may have been faked.

9) Chinese scientists, at least, think the tests have been faked, citing just how difficult it was to hide noble gases from a nuke test.

10) Majority scientific opinion is that the test was real but based more on opinion than gathered facts.

Antimony

I would say let us be as "friendly" as possible by increasing bilateral trade. If we manage to superamp that, purse strings may moderate the feelings of the heart strings:wink:

Ultimaltely the Chinese are a pragmatic people, why should we not do more business with them?

On the other hand, letting our guard down based on friendship statements? Yeah, like a snowball's chance in hell

O

oliveryty

Yes, I know Yang, contrary viewpoints, but the fact remains that the neutral media in this regard (non Indian and non Chinese) agree with our viewpoint and not yours...
do you mean american and european media?

it was just these media who are sowing discords

these days as Taiwan Ma Yingjeou administration try to cooperate and reconcile with the mainland china, shameless american media incite Taiwanese "a new defence concept" against china. shame on them

they also say indians can attack china in Malaca Strait by surprise. would you like? then come on...

O

oliveryty

indian bhais, don't be the cat taking chestnut out of fire for the westerners

O

oliveryty

What do we know?

1) The North Koreans did receive Chinese and Soviet/Russian nuclear help when North Korea was still a NPT signatory. All such co-operation stopped once North Korea withdrew from the NPT.

2) We do know that the AQ Khan sold the November Kilos the same package he sold the Lybians which included the blueprints for a CHIC-4 warhead.

3) We have discovered more advanced versions of the CHIC-4 warhead blueprints in Geneva by AQ Khan.

4) All of AQ Khan's work was HEU.

5) The 1st November Kilo nuke test was less than a kiloton and noble gases were detected, indicating that it was a Pu device. AQ Khan's packages were all HEU.

6) The Intelligence Community deduced that the November Kilos went for a small warhead design right off the bat and as a result, the compression explosives were not properly placed nor designed, blowing the fissible materials faster than they could be compressed into a critical mass.

7) The failed warhead was designed to fit on top of a NADONG missile but no RV has been spotted.

8) The 2nd nuke test was calculated between 1.2 to 8 kts with the intelligence community going for the lower end calculations. However, no noble gases have been detected and there are strong suspicions the test may have been faked.

9) Chinese scientists, at least, think the tests have been faked, citing just how difficult it was to hide noble gases from a nuke test.

10) Majority scientific opinion is that the test was real but based more on opinion than gathered facts.
judge from NK's greatly changing attitude, the nuke bombs must be only a smoke screen

seeming to be stern but timid in heart--- this is the nature of NK regime

Officer of Engineers

Professional
I'm talking about you have ZERO understanding about PLA's primary threat assessments. You don't even know about Beijing's evals of NK's nuikes.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
I would say let us be as "friendly" as possible by increasing bilateral trade. If we manage to superamp that, purse strings may moderate the feelings of the heart strings:wink:

Ultimaltely the Chinese are a pragmatic people, why should we not do more business with them?

On the other hand, letting our guard down based on friendship statements? Yeah, like a snowball's chance in hell
Why, thank god they did not start with the whole 'hindi chini bhai bhai' again, otherwise i was going to run with a shovel and start digging a good enough bunker. :blum3:

stuka

Their words and the treaties they sign mean nothing......Like i said before, they will wipe their asses with the paper after signing on the dotted line !!
watch your mouth, friend!
both we chinese and Indian people do not desire to any fight or war cause when someone dead or people bleeding, other country could laugh at.

J

John

watch your mouth, friend!
both we chinese and Indian people do not desire to any fight or war cause when someone dead or people bleeding, other country could laugh at.
well stuka the point is simple, China is scared of India becoming more powerful and hence china is trying to bolster it defenses, sucking up to PAk, because in the event of a war they can count on PAk to help, coz no one else will. The truth remains that in due time we will over take china in everything, wealth, power, numbers and the thought of that near future has got aging PLA, PLAN and PLAAF commanders worried. And being India, we respond to our threat perceptions. But China's continued support to Pak will result in their ass getting bitten. Pak is like HIV, you dont know you got it till your ass starts to bleed.

Sure bi-lateral trade but guys no offense 'made in China' is no brand name. Quality sucks, reliability sucks, and having Chinese influence in India is not good. As of now we shoot commy bastards because they are a menace in orissa, AP, Jharkhand, etc. **** em. I don't support trade with a nation that isn't democratic in its ideals and way of working. The commy party in china is still very authoritarian in nature.

stuka

well stuka the point is simple, China is scared of India becoming more powerful and hence china is trying to bolster it defenses, sucking up to PAk, because in the event of a war they can count on PAk to help, coz no one else will. The truth remains that in due time we will over take china in everything, wealth, power, numbers and the thought of that near future has got aging PLA, PLAN and PLAAF commanders worried. And being India, we respond to our threat perceptions. But China's continued support to Pak will result in their ass getting bitten. Pak is like HIV, you dont know you got it till your ass starts to bleed.

Sure bi-lateral trade but guys no offense 'made in China' is no brand name. Quality sucks, reliability sucks, and having Chinese influence in India is not good. As of now we shoot commy bastards because they are a menace in orissa, AP, Jharkhand, etc. **** em. I don't support trade with a nation that isn't democratic in its ideals and way of working. The commy party in china is still very authoritarian in nature.
As being a chinese, I do not support war.
But seeing my friend is being bullied, we will fight aginst any other invaders without any hesitation.
I know what I refer to.
Help yourself , friend. India is still not as strong as China economically now and will remian in the after at least 20years.

stuka

yup by 2035 India will have overtaken china in every aspect. like i said before you friendship with Pak will result in your ass getting bitten, Pak is like HIV you dont know your sick till your ass starts to bleed.
in every respect? if that will be true, India will overtake US before 2050.
But, this assumption is based on the ignoring of US's self development.
wait and see, friend.
India is a big country, I admire old Indian culture and always think Indian people are all kind and having manners.
Pak has it's own problem to be settle, we just want to help them and keep power balance in this area.
If India want to overtake China, the peace situation around yourself is very improtant.
As for the question of who kicking whose ass, I think you'd better consider a lot factors.

J

John

wait and see, friend.
India is a big country, I admire old Indian culture and always think Indian people are all kind and having manners.
Pak has it's own problem to be settle, we just want to help them and keep power balance in this area.
If India want to overtake China, the peace situation around yourself is very improtant.
As for the question of who kicking whose ass, I think you'd better consider a lot factors.
well i admire Chinese ingenuity as well and i hope we can foster peaceful relations but his un-hinged support for Pak has to stop, Indo-China trade is of much higher value than Pak-China trade, Pak is unreliable and China's increased support for Pak is a bad choice, you can already notice with Islamic unrest creeping slowly through China as well.

Hawk

There's nothing wrong in accepting that China is far ahead of India for now, because it is.

China has after 1970 always maintained its position of its 'no threat to India' stand, but never showed it in action, be it in U.N or accepting the open truth about pakistani terrorists
We hve faced 1962,the unexpected from whom Nehru considered a friend, so india is just being more careful...as old friends could hurt more than old enemies
every country has utmost right to choose the path to be most secured

badguy2000

Respected Member
wait and see, friend.
eventaully, the gap between India and China will be narrowed .

however,before our grandkids go to university,the gap won't be narrowed .

Instead, the gap is going to be widened in the coming 10-20 years.

in 2025,the gap between India and China will be record-breaking widest .

ahmedsid

Top Gun
eventaully, the gap between India and China will be narrowed .

however,before our grandkids go to university,the gap won't be narrowed .

Instead, the gap is going to be widened in the coming 10-20 years.

in 2025,the gap between India and China will be record-breaking widest .
Care to back this up with some sources other than chinese blogs????? I feel the Gap will be there between India and China, but it wont be as big as the Himalayas like you are making it out to be!

Koji

Care to back this up with some sources other than chinese blogs????? I feel the Gap will be there between India and China, but it wont be as big as the Himalayas like you are making it out to be!
Look at the growth rates of each country. There has been a 2-5% faster growth in China for the last 20 something years. Even in this year's recession, the growth gap is there.

Country flag
China has the advantage of having a MFN status from America (most favored nation) for trade, if this status is removed in the future Chinese economy would be cut by 75% overnight.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
As being a chinese, I do not support war.
But seeing my friend is being bullied, we will fight aginst any other invaders without any hesitation.
I know what I refer to.
Help yourself , friend. India is still not as strong as China economically now and will remian in the after at least 20years.
India never invaded any country in its history. Even in the 1962 war it was China who had attacked India. There is no doubt in any Indians’ mind that China is India’s biggest threat.

I can assure you if any war happens between India and China in next 4/5 years; India will definitely give you a bloody nose. Once Agni-5 is ready all off China will be under the range of India’s missile.

Regarding economic development who can say about the future. So let’s wait and watch.

shotgunner

China has the advantage of having a MFN status from America (most favored nation) for trade, if this status is removed in the future Chinese economy would be cut by 75% overnight.
Is India not a MFN and why?

If China's MFN status is removed, how would it affect USA?

About the "75% overnight", how did you derive it?

Country flag
Is India not a MFN and why?

If China's MFN status is removed, how would it affect USA?

About the "75% overnight", how did you derive it?
look at Chinese economy before and after MFN status, that has been the catalyst for the economy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles