China`s Human Rights Violations

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
China luxury watch blogger forced to stop posting

AFP

A Chinese blogger praised for posting pictures of Chinese officials and their luxury watches online said Friday he had been forced out of action due to outside "pressure".

The Internet activist, known by his account name "Huaguoshanzonshuji" on Sina's Weibo -- a Chinese equivalent of Twitter -- has been posting pictures of government officials, stating the brand and the value of their wristwatch.

His commitment to exposing the officials was even praised by the state-run Xinhua news agency earlier this month which said the fight against corruption should follow his method.

But he told AFP his Sina accounts were shut down this week and accounts he registered afterwards with other Chinese microblog service providers had either been closed or had their names changed.

"I believe (the service providers) did not mean to do it. They may have come under some pressure," said the activist, who identified himself as Daniel Wu.

It is unclear who the pressure came from, but China, which has the world's largest online population with nearly 500 million users, regularly blocks content it deems politically sensitive as part of a vast censorship system.

Wu said he would stop surveying watches "for now", hinting that it may be for self-protection.

But he said he would resume the practice once the dust had settled.

"I am not a corruption fighter... but I think this (survey) is a personal choice that should be respected," he said.

"Also I believe transparent information is the best solution to problems."

The idea for the survey came to Wu after a deadly high-speed rail crash in July in eastern China which killed 40 people and prompted a storm of public outrage.

In a report on the accident, the activist noticed railways minister Sheng Guangzu wearing a 70,000 yuan ($11,000) Rolex and one of his deputies, Lu Dongfu, sporting a 50,000 yuan model.

Wu also posted a picture of Sun Jingmiao, president of the National Development and Reform Commission in the eastern province of Zhejiang, wearing a Rolex worth 70,000 yuan.

And Zhou Wenzhang, vice president of the China National School of Administration, was seen wearing a watch identified by Wu as a Piaget Emperador estimated to be worth 100,000 yuan.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
So the CCP members also fear a blogger who writes about their luxury watches??. So much for human rights that it says it is upholding.

jat

Hey CIR why don't you start another thread. On topic, everything the CCP does has PR value. Can not be denied.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
So much for the world's largest democracy:

Just thinking of the haughty attitude of some here. Hilarious!!
Read the thread title again, this thread is meant to discuss "human rights violation in china" and your last post do not contribute to this thread. do not d-rail the thread by bringing external topics.

If in case if there is anything you would like to share or bring a topic to our attention then please open/start a new thread. we all will be happy to iron it out.

SpArK

SORCERER

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
So the CCP members also fear a blogger who writes about their luxury watches??. So much for human rights that it says it is upholding.
Even our resident chinis are scared and tow the ccp line without fail.

trackwhack

What resident chinis?

Most are CCP's paid comrades whose only job is to make their presence felt on global forums and media appearing to typify general public sentiment on issues discussed. CCP maintains an army of such stooges. Any real Chinese citizen who shows any hint of dissent disappears, either cut-off from net altogether or severely reprimanded and threatened.
Even internet IP's are masked to give an impression of spread across the mainland.
I cannot recall but there was a detailed investigative journo piece on this.

Thats why I was flabbergasted to see some of kickocks posts and the fact that they havent got to him yet. however he is quite subtle in his posts and sounds like he knows how to play with CCP thresholds

funkysoul

What resident chinis?

Most are CCP's paid comrades whose only job is to make their presence felt on global forums and media appearing to typify general public sentiment on issues discussed. CCP maintains an army of such stooges. Any real Chinese citizen who shows any hint of dissent disappears, either cut-off from net altogether or severely reprimanded and threatened.
Even internet IP's are masked to give an impression of spread across the mainland.
I cannot recall but there was a detailed investigative journo piece on this.

good imagination,but I think CCP have better things to do than defending itself over internet againgst a bunch of Indian guys who are famous for having argument over whatever topic ?
50 cents may be enough for a meal in India, but you can't even buy a piece of holy cow shit in China
speaking of HR violation, I can't help myself from thinking about the muder of honour, hatred towards Muslim, religious conflict,underage marriage, caste system,sexual inequilbrium and all that

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
China arrests over coup rumours

Chinese police have arrested six people and shut 16 websites after rumours were spread that military vehicles were on the streets of Beijing, officials say.

The web posts were picked up by media outlets around the world, and some critics of Beijing suggested a coup might be taking place.

The State Internet Information Office (SIIO) said the rumours had a "very bad influence on the public".

Two popular microblogs have temporarily stopped users from posting comments.

Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo said the comments function would be disabled between 31 March and 3 April, so they could act to stop the spread of rumours.

A spokesman for the SIIO told state news agency Xinhua earlier that the two websites had been "criticised and punished accordingly".

He added that that a number of other people had been "admonished or educated".

The web-postings came at a crucial time for China's ruling elite, which was hit by its biggest scandal in years when high-flying party official Bo Xilai was removed from his post.

Later in the year he had been expected to rise to the Politburo's Standing Committee, the Communist Party's main decision-making body.

Mr Bo's demise came amid allegations that his police chief and main political ally had tried to seek asylum at a US mission.

BBC News - China arrests over coup rumours

Attachments

nimo_cn

Country flag
good imagination,but I think CCP have better things to do than defending itself over internet againgst a bunch of Indian guys who are famous for having argument over whatever topic ?
50 cents may be enough for a meal in India, but you can't even buy a piece of holy cow shit in China
speaking of HR violation, I can't help myself from thinking about the muder of honour, hatred towards Muslim, religious conflict,underage marriage, caste system,sexual inequilbrium and all that
Beware, now that you are staying here and you are pro-China, it won't take long before they call you 50-cent.

jamesjiang

I agree with your this word"China's good just the way it is", but I cann't find any progress yet, look the recent thing in Chongqing, Boxilai, big jok in China. a
Majority of people in China support their government. (They may not like their leaders, but they support their government.) Only a small part of the population (funded by West) is against and wants Democracy, which is BS.

I personally don't think Democracy is such a success either. China's good just the way it is. Look at it's progress.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles