China`s Human Rights Violations

great_han

No comments on Houkow and Danwei?

These laws make you under control of AUTHORITY and without a wish and will of your own!

My dogs at home have to do exactly what I want!
Your dogs listen to you because you offer them food and place to live in and cure illness for them. The similar thing happens to Hukou and Danwei. Hukou means your ID belongs to the place you born. You have the right to work or live in other places, but your welfare is provided by the local govt your hukou is there. Because China it too big and unbalance, people born in poor place enjoy a poorer welfare, while people born in the rich coastal and big cities enjoy a better welfare, for they pay more tax. For example, the richest city in China is not Shanghai, Beijing or Hong Kong, but a mining city called Ordos(鄂尔多斯) in Inner Mongolia. How to share the wealth brought by coal mining? Of course shared in the citizens born in Ordos, not all Chinese. I dont know if you go to big city like Mumbai, are the Mumbai citizens willing to let you share their welfare, including health care, pension, and house allowance, which is supported by their tax? And farmers possess farmland according to their Hukou. It’s not pratical for every Chinese Farmer owns same area of farmlands.
As to Danwei. It’s more like Japan’s lifetime employment system. Your Danwei is responsible for your everything, your health care, your house, your pension, just like your father do. It is good for personnel, but not economical for the country. So there is few Danwei in China now. P.S. Now all Chinese want to enter a Danwei, because its welfare is very very good.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No, they can bite also. Food and welfare is not the only thing that keeps my dogs in place. I am also gentle to them since I love them.

India is also a large country, but we don't have Hokou or Danwei. Hokou could be for population control and Danwei is a system which is a trifle unusual where one life is decided by someone else.

no smoking

Country flag
No, they can bite also. Food and welfare is not the only thing that keeps my dogs in place. I am also gentle to them since I love them.

India is also a large country, but we don't have Hokou or Danwei. Hokou could be for population control and Danwei is a system which is a trifle unusual where one life is decided by someone else.
Because the number of people starving to death in india is never your people's concern, so you would never need that system.

johnee

Because the number of people starving to death in india is never your people's concern, so you would never need that system.
Buddy, if you dont consider it an interruption, would you please take a look at the title of the thread? How does India and its poor get into the picture? Maybe you imagine India to be a big ghetto where everyone is starving to death, but that does not permit you to post about your fantasy in every thread. Stick to the topic of the thread...

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
According to the Non-smoking - India is a big ghetto where everyone is starving.

Well No Smoking, let me say that I have been to a few places in India and I have yet to see any river that looks like this.
Please take a look at the picture of the river in the town of Zhugao in the Southwest Sichuan province.

This was on the front page of the New York Times yesterday.
If this is what Chinese industrial cities are like, then I would much rather live in any Indian city - ghetto or not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/10/world/asia/10pollute.html?scp=2&sq=china pollution&st=cse

China might be on track to be next " CANCER SUPERPOWER ".
The next generation of Chinese doctors specializing in Cancer are going to make a lot of money !!

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Childcare, Chinese style: Rickshaw driver chains two-year-old son to a post while he's at work

Chained: Two-year-old Chen Chuanliu is regularly padlocked to a tree while his rickshaw driver father touts for customers in Beijing

No escape: The padlock securing the toddler

Chen Chuanliu insists chaining up son Lao Lu is for his own good

At first sight it seems the ultimate in child cruelty - a two-year-old boy chained to a lamp post to stop him getting away.
Yet his parents say this is the only way they can guarantee not to lose him.
His father Chen Chuanliu works as an unlicensed rickshaw cyclist in Beijing, taking fares all over the city, while the boy's disabled mother collects rubbish at the roadside.They say they secured their son, Lao Lu, with a padlock around his ankle because his four-year-old sister Ling was 'stolen' from them last month.
Child snatching is rife in China, where strict laws govern the size of families.
Concerned passers-by spotted the shackled toddler outside Huaguan Shopping Mall in Liangxiang.
They reported his father to the authorities, who yesterday ordered him to remove the chain although it was not clear what arrangements he would make in future.
There is no nursery place for Lao Lu because his 42-year-old father is a migrant worker from another province, Szechuan, and therefore does not qualify for state help. The family live in one room, 9ft by 8ft.
Chen said he could not afford to pay for childcare on his earnings of £4.50 a day and had refused offers of 'a lot of money' to give his son up for adoption.
'My wife cannot take care of him and I have to work to support my family. So I chain him to a pole when I have a fare.
'I don't even have a picture of my daughter to use for a missing-person poster. I cannot lose my son as well.'

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
According to the Non-smoking - India is a big ghetto where everyone is starving.

Well No Smoking, let me say that I have been to a few places in India and I have yet to see any river that looks like this.
Please take a look at the picture of the river in the town of Zhugao in the Southwest Sichuan province.

This was on the front page of the New York Times yesterday.
If this is what Chinese industrial cities are like, then I would much rather live in any Indian city - ghetto or not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/10/world/asia/10pollute.html?scp=2&sq=china pollution&st=cse

China might be on track to be next " CANCER SUPERPOWER ".
The next generation of Chinese doctors specializing in Cancer are going to make a lot of money !!
check out yamuna river in dehli and the same yamuna river behind tajmahal in agra.ganga in varansi ur perception will change.

amoy

It's pointless to make such comparisons btwn India and China. Not to be defensive or offensive we have to admit there're many many such pollution cases in China or child abuses . China is such a vast and diverse land, and basically a developing country.

How does India look like? All in ghettos? But India seems to have a large 'middle class' too. I'm not quite sure. Browsing on line only gives a limited number of fragments.

Above all let's not make over-generalization. And let's have a balanced view, of both the upside, and the downside.

Besides pls throw away stereotypes or misconceptions - about such as 'danwei' or 'hukou' - which have been evolving all the time. Don't stay in 1980's.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Guy, you need to follow the thread and look at your own pitiful state. Your waters are so polluted they have toxic sludge covering the surface. The only usable water in China is kai shui or bottled. People are so affraid they have to chain their two year olds to lamp posts out of fear someone will sell them to the slave trade. The air is so polluted mild emphysema is considered a normal condition. Face it, your country is FUBAR.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
It's pointless to make such comparisons btwn India and China. Not to be defensive or offensive we have to admit there're many many such pollution cases in China or child abuses . China is such a vast and diverse land, and basically a developing country.

How does India look like? All in ghettos? But India seems to have a large 'middle class' too. I'm not quite sure. Browsing on line only gives a limited number of fragments.

Above all let's not make over-generalization. And let's have a balanced view, of both the upside, and the downside.

Besides pls throw away stereotypes or misconceptions - about such as 'danwei' or 'hukou' - which have been evolving all the time. Don't stay in 1980's.
Your point is well taken, but hey just wait a minute before you call it "over-generalization". China's water pollution and river pollution is endemic in China.
In India the rivers in big cities are really messed-up, but when you go to the countryside, the water is really not that bad.

But in China the rivers seem to be polluted way regardless of where they are. China probably has the worst water pollution problem of any country in the world.

amoy

enduring decades of poverty people were desperatly striving for wealth as priority since 1970s at 'whatever' cost. That's so-called GDP mania. . to be frank in regard of eco-environmental situation truthfully it looks ugly in many industrialized areas I've been. no cover-it-up here. But u must see the 'upside' - the correting efforts and outcome, for instance, HK factories in S.China face closure over pollution That's what I called 'a balanced view'.

as for 'over-generalization' actually there're still lots of well-preserved places in China. besides when u read below BOLD FONT
The only usable water in China is kai shui or bottled. People are so affraid they have to chain their two year olds to lamp posts out of fear someone will sell them to the slave trade.
u certainly get the idea of 'OVER'.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The rights human or otherwise is controlled by the Hokow and Danwei system.

That is hardly freedom since it decides where you must say and where you work, they will be the sole authority to decide how you chart your life, including who will marry and how many children you can have!!

Hup two three four!

amoy

they will be the sole authority to decide how you chart your life, including who will marry and how many children you can
your understanding of hukou or danwei is kind of outdated as they are evolving all the time.

in an Utopia the country was supposed to provide everything (almost) for its citizens - for example full employment and welfare and many things associated with it - politics, medicare, pension... etc..that's why Danwei was very important. however eventually the Utopia didn't work out and idealism evaporated, then Danwei started not to get grip of most things since late 1970s.

Danwei nowadays stands for nothing more than 'workplace' or employer in most cases. More and more private/foreign Danwei emerging overtaking many sectors from state-owned Danweis.

As for hukou a bigger subject!

Get updated!

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
enduring decades of poverty people were desperatly striving for wealth as priority since 1970s at 'whatever' cost. That's so-called GDP mania. . to be frank in regard of eco-environmental situation truthfully it looks ugly in many industrialized areas I've been. no cover-it-up here. But u must see the 'upside' - the correting efforts and outcome
Who are you trying to fool? CCPs answer to improving air quality is to move the polluters out of the city and into the rural areas.

The Guangdong environmental protection bureau said "in recent years, several big industrial plants, particularly those situated along the banks of the Pearl River, have been relocated. With the reduction, Guangdong has achieved its target set last year to cut COD and sulfur dioxide discharges by 4.5 percent and 5 percent" the bureau said.

So now you go from polluting the cities to destroying the countryside. How do you think buying $60 billion of Australian coal is going to help reduce sulfur emissions? It seems Chinese coal reserves are not enough!!

So desperate to cut emissions they confiscate and destroy motorbikes by the thousands...

for instance, HK factories in S.China face closure over pollution That's what I called 'a balanced view'.
Your own source...

The newspaper said about 300 dangerous goods manufacturers were notified earlier this year that their licences would not be renewed by the end of June, or would only be renewed on a monthly basis, until they agreed to move to designated industrial areas.

How does moving your pollution operation help the nations air quality?? You just move it to the countryside and let the peasants suffer even more.

as for 'over-generalization' actually there're still lots of well-preserved places in China.

u certainly get the idea of 'OVER'.
I get the idea that to stop the unlivable conditions in China's urban areas they are going to the extreme measures of moving out the industry to the country, stealing people's transportation, and restricting what and where people can drive. It is totally insane.

aelite

Acutally we have those problems in china. But how we can do. In china we achieved in economy and people life but politics. As you know for myself I want to be better aslo. But I need a stable life same as others.
Now it is changing though slowly in politics.I should thank this guy for his great effort. Maybe 10~20 years later china will change completely.

My wife has been ever in India recently for her engineer project. She loves India so much. And she will gonna india again soon. Aslo I have been ever in singapore for one year. I know china need change in politics.

But in china the top no. 1 is stable life. That is above everything. I love Hu Jintao (our president), Wen Jiabao (our premier) so much. And I should add one more thing that I belongs to middle class. And I hope china
can make some changes in politics. But I didn't agree this guy's way. Firstly Huang Qi stands at the opposite side comparing government. His support funds is coming from U.S.A or others countrys. Then he must fail.
I think it will be same when same thing in india.

aelite

Yes, In china HuKou must be biggest problem . We have been discussing this all the time. Maybe several years it wll be cancell.

The rights human or otherwise is controlled by the Hokow and Danwei system.

That is hardly freedom since it decides where you must say and where you work, they will be the sole authority to decide how you chart your life, including who will marry and how many children you can have!!

Hup two three four!

aelite

Your point is well taken, but hey just wait a minute before you call it "over-generalization". China's water pollution and river pollution is endemic in China.
In India the rivers in big cities are really messed-up, but when you go to the countryside, the water is really not that bad.

But in China the rivers seem to be polluted way regardless of where they are. China probably has the worst water pollution problem of any country in the world.
As you know china miss the good time for primitive accumulation of capital. so we have to make something above nature. It is a so burdensome selection. In past 30 years, we finally stand up in economy.
And now this goverment 's theme is environmental protection. We can make economic growth not at cost of nature. And now in some big citys they have pure river already liao. We should see the future.

amoy

Who are you trying to fool?
Are u being fooled? oh come on, there're 2 sides of a coin - pollution is still happening, on the other hand there're efforts to get rid of it.

Is it that difficult for u to have a balanced view? or are u self entertaining to believe the negative only?

So desperate to cut emissions they confiscate and destroy motorbikes by the thousands...
Isn't this supporting my point of 'correcting actions'? aren't we who're living here more concerned about the environment we're in? Need I put up some more success stories in this regard?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Acutally we have those problems in china. But how we can do. In china we achieved in economy and people life but politics. As you know for myself I want to be better aslo. But I need a stable life same as others.
Now it is changing though slowly in politics.I should thank this guy for his great effort. Maybe 10~20 years later china will change completely.

My wife has been ever in India recently for her engineer project. She loves India so much. And she will gonna india again soon. Aslo I have been ever in singapore for one year. I know china need change in politics.

But in china the top no. 1 is stable life. That is above everything. I love Hu Jintao (our president), Wen Jiabao (our premier) so much. And I should add one more thing that I belongs to middle class. And I hope china
can make some changes in politics. But I didn't agree this guy's way. Firstly Huang Qi stands at the opposite side comparing government. His support funds is coming from U.S.A or others countrys. Then he must fail.
I think it will be same when same thing in india.
People say they want to be better, but is CCCP making life better? Property prices are soaring through the roof, even middle class families can't afford to live in the city. The pollution has gotten so bad the water is undrinkable unless you boil it and most choke on the air inside and outside. The lands are turning to desert at greater rates than ever before. If you want to get from one part of the country to the other by auto you have to pay nearly a months salary in tolls. To make way for the costly high-speed rail which peasants can't afford, the cheaper lines are being closed. Entire villages and neighbourhoods are demolished every year to make way for more construction. China losses more cultural sites than any other nation. The rich heartland of China, Guangdong, is seeing better air pollution not because of efforts of the CCP, but because over 10,000 factories have closed and displaced 20 million migrant workers. 70,000 factories have closed nationwide putting 60 million out of work. The illiteracy rate is climbing. People fear growing old with insufficient pensions and no daughters to care for them thanks to the one-child policy. So is life better now that they have a car they can't afford to drive while the rest of society is deteriorating?

no smoking

Country flag
People say they want to be better, but is CCCP making life better? Property prices are soaring through the roof, even middle class families can't afford to live in the city.
Certainly not everything is perfect, that is why we need reform, right?

The pollution has gotten so bad the water is undrinkable unless you boil it and most choke on the air inside and outside. The lands are turning to desert at greater rates than ever before.
Please give me an example of a industriised country never suffered from the polution problem. Until last 70s, polution was still a serious problem in Western world, how can you expect china-a developing country to be an exception?

If you want to get from one part of the country to the other by auto you have to pay nearly a months salary in tolls. To make way for the costly high-speed rail which peasants can't afford, the cheaper lines are being closed.
Or, someone already jumped into conclusion even before find out the truth. According my memory of 10 years ago, one immigrant worker's lowest wage was 300RMB/month (but the employer must provide accomodation and food during employment), so their income level of 10 years ago cannot afford a ticket of new train. But wait second, how many times they travel on train each year? Most frequently, 1, only for spring festival. And around spring festival, the whole rail system has to provide service to them as top priority at highly discount rate. This is not a option, it is a law which had been enforced for 30 years. We call it "spring transportation". Now, tell me: do you think this expensive train will impact these people's life?

Now, let's turn to those "real" peasants who live in countryside and work in farm. How often do you think they would like to travel from their home to a city 100miles away? At the best, once for every 2 years. Do you think they would be ferious for a ticket worth 500RMB?

By the way, very few chinese would like to drive their car to cross the country. Those who do this is only on their tour for fun. They have rich background: the monthly wayes in your eyes are just daily income for them. So, please don't feel sorry for them.

Entire villages and neighbourhoods are demolished every year to make way for more construction. China losses more cultural sites than any other nation.
Are you telling that your country's construction is built in the air?

The rich heartland of China, Guangdong, is seeing better air pollution not because of efforts of the CCP, but because over 10,000 factories have closed and displaced 20 million migrant workers. 70,000 factories have closed nationwide putting 60 million out of work.
That is called recession, sir.

The illiteracy rate is climbing./QUOTE]
Please provide the link.

So is life better now that they have a car they can't afford to drive while the rest of society is deteriorating?
Then, why we have so serious traffic jam in every city and vicinity almost every day? Where are these car from?

Look, dude, you know nothing about this country. This is china--a poor developing country, not french or USA. So, please learn sth before oponing your mouth.

Please

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles