China revealed that a new generation of rifles[05-style assault rifles]

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
given that there are many women soldiers these days even in the infantry ( eg israel india usa many other countries) is 5kg a mite too heavy for most women ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Please expand what is OICW?

Atul

Founding Member
Please upload the Photos in the Gallary..

pmaitra

Qbz-03

QBZ-03

The QBZ-03 (Type 03) assault rifle is the latest assault rifle design developed for the Chinese 5.8 x 42 mm DBP87 ammunition. Unlike the QBZ-95, the Type 03 is a conventional design weapon loosely inspired by other rifles previously in Chinese service (most notably the Type 56 and Type 81 assault rifle). The Type 03 has seen some issue within the People's Armed Police and second line PLA ground units. An export-aimed version of the Type 03 also exists, first introduced at the 2007 MILIPOL expo. The export version is chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO and feeds by STANAG magazines.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QBZ-03

P.S.: This is just my guess, and I could be wrong.

More pictures:

Last edited:

pmaitra

This rifle:

and this rifle:

Are not the same.

Look at the magazines. The former is curved while the latter isn't. Moreover, the latter probably has a higher calibre. Also, the latter looks like a dual calibre rifle (look at the curved magazine in bull-pup position partially hidden by the soldier's forearm).

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
This rifle:

and this rifle:

Are not the same.

Look at the magazines. The former is curved while the latter isn't. Moreover, the latter probably has a higher calibre. Also, the latter looks like a dual calibre rifle (look at the curved magazine in bull-pup position partially hidden by the soldier's forearm).
I know, but they were on the same article. QBZ-03 doesn't look like the first two picture either. Other then the same Magazine.

^^^^This is also a OICW. Early OICW did look like Daewoo K11.

Last edited:

tanlixiang28776

actually based of G36

Give Germans credit for their role in it. Daewoo K-11 doesn't look any thing like the early XM-8 you show here.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
actually based of G36

Give Germans credit for their role in it. Daewoo K-11 doesn't look any thing like the early XM-8 you show here.
Woops I meant to say didnt look like the Daewoo K11 ..

Last edited:

pmaitra

Ugly weird looking riffles. This is what happen when Cinis goes indigenous...
Not sure if they are ugly, because it is a very subjective issue; but on a lighter note, I get the feeling that the designers have been playing Unreal Tournament before designing these guns.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles