China Reaction To Agni V Test

ice berg

Nuclear deterrence, I get.
What is "deterrence in general"??:wave:

"Nukes has never stopped wars" yeah but Taiwan has no nukes...

No, actually tell that to Vietnam, a poorer, weaker nuke-nude country that kicked your sorry backsides:toilet:

Df-5's were deployed against India?? In Tibet?? Since the 80's??
Also you do know that there are things such as Air Delivered tactical nukes.... prior to the Agni series these would be used in Tibet.

Wrong!! You got it in reverse, Pakistan initiated that conflict using their Chinese gifted nukes and rockets as insurance, once the peaks began to fall and the body count rose, they threatened to nuke India.

Again Taiwan has no nukes, whats stopping your current day Sun-Tsu's from capturing the "breakaway province"???

Nothing:cool2:
There has been quite a few conflicts where nuclear armed nations went to war with each other.
Nuclear deterrence is a safeguard against nuclear strikes. Not armed conflicts in general.

Cant be that hard to understand?

What does Taiwan and Vietnam got anything to do with it?
You actually believe it got anything to do with nuclear deterrence?:toilet:

Blackwater

There has been quite a few conflicts where nuclear armed nations went to war with each other.
Nuclear deterrence is a safeguard against nuclear strikes. Not armed conflicts in general.

they are our brothers just like pakis is urs:taunt::taunt::wave:

arkem8

Country flag
Proxy wars.. not hot wars, Kargil was the exception
:scared1:
First one you cannot capture even though the odds are overwhelmingly stacked in your favour, second one defeated you despite being poorer and weaker
The theory is limited to skirmishes and proxy wars...

ice berg

Kargil is not the only exception.

Overwhelmingly stacked in Chinas favour? ROFL. I suggest you look up Taiwan in a map. 300.000 well trained soldiers entrenched in an island. An island that they know like the back of their pocket and you actually believe that the odds is in Chinas favour. EVen the US would have bleed to take that island. And you believe that China have overwhelming odds?

Sir, you are a troll.

I may be a simple soul. But i do know that China is the second largeste economy in the world. While Vietnam remains one of the pooreste nation in Asia.
I leave it to the readers to decide who is the winner in the grand scheme of things.

Oh btw I suggest you do abit reading of the sino-vietnam war regarding the military aspects. You will notice it is not one sided as you claimed to be.

arkem8

Country flag
Kargil is not the only exception.
Nuke armed rivals that fought a direct war with each other?? NAAAAAH!

Overwhelmingly stacked in Chinas favour? ROFL. I suggest you look up Taiwan in a map. 300.000 well trained soldiers entrenched in an island. An island that they know like the back of their pocket and you actually believe that the odds is in Chinas favour. EVen the US would have bleed to take that island. And you believe that China have overwhelming odds?
The rationalising words of one that has no air in the lungs much like the fox in the vinyard

Sir, you are a troll.
Yeah!! Right I'm the one to goes to forum of the other country and repeats State approved BS time and again in the vain hope that they might SOMEHOW believe me..

I may be a simple soul.Yes I guessed.. But i do know that China is the second largeste economy in the world. While Vietnam remains one of the pooreste nation in Asia.
I leave it to the readers to decide who is the winner in the grand scheme of things.
Failure to achieve pre war objectives, and hold any meaningful swaths of territory, but hey go ahead say you won.. as to comparing Vietnam's economy and your own... can't you be fair for once that's like comparing Sri Lanka with India,, no comparision

Oh btw I suggest you do abit reading of the sino-vietnam war regarding the military aspects. You will notice it is not one sided as you claimed to be.

You lost!! deal with it and you cannot capture Taiwan by force
lalalalalalalalal......lalalalalalalalalaaa....:cool2:

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
o boy you got it wrong i don't think he was referring Chinese members of DFI, that's aside chinese need to feel anger and frenzy that is natural.

yes it's a simple technological advance that can hit key Chinese cites with a nuke or conventional war head, that capability was absent previously.

if India and china ever got into a nuclear war before Agni 5 we would be one who take most damage now thigs a have changed significantly.

bottom line is you should watch out for Agni 5 it may even drop on your house if china ever go's to war whit us my dear friend.
That is you indians' opinion not Chinese.

Firstly, the advantage of Agni 5 over other indian missile is that it can cover the whole China. I think that make you indian more confident but make no difference to Chinese: hitting Guangzhou doesn't mean any less harmful than hitting Beijing, after all both would make hundreds thousands chinese live lost. So, from chinese perspective, as long as india missile can reacha any tiny chinese city, its threat is there, no more no less.

Secondly, both countries are using the same nuclear strategy: deterrence. How many nuclear warheads do we have, China-maybe 400, india-maybe 100 to 200. With such a low level, I don't think either side has capability to start a nuclear war. So unless india is trying to gain the ability like USA or Russia (5000+), Chinese (from PLA to ordinary people) will not feel more worried. In other words, a new indian armor division may impose more affect to PLA than Agni-5.

Finally, my friend, I understand that Agni-5 is a big thing to india, but it is not that impressive to PLA because they have been calculating and planning how to handle the biggiest nuclears on the planet, each of them owns more 10000 nuclears missiles in their high time. Any of them have the capability to destroy the whole China completely more than 100 times. A simple advance of a small nulcear force like india is really not big enough.

Folk hero

firstly, you clearly don't know what are you talking about a nuke falling on Beijing makes more differences (political that is) then Guangzhou, Agni 5 gives us more leverage over our previous missiles, I'am highly skeptical of your government caring about all those little cities and peoples.

secondly, Agni 5 can not only destroy large scale targets like a town or a city it can also destroy small targets like military bases with conventional war head even if it's deep in china if PLA is not worried that's not our problem, and yes it's as a bigger affect then a common indian armor division.

finally, dude come on you are talking like a porkyes 10000 nukes really.

pmaitra

Even Pakistani journalists are singing the Chinese tune, i.e. suggesting Agni-V can 'threaten' [sic.] Eastern Europe and Australia. Refer to what Artillery Officer of IA, Pushpinder Singh said in my earlier post.

Analysis

M Ilyas Khan
BBC News, Islamabad

The Pakistani test is seen by many as a message that Islamabad is not behind in upgrading its weapons in terms of both range and delivery capacity.

The nuclear arms race in South Asia has been one of the most persistent in the world, and is known for such tit-for-tat tests.

The latest tests indicate that this race continues despite recent ground-breaking trade talks between India and Pakistan that promise to normalise relations between the two nuclear-armed neighbours.

India has been building its defences against China and has developed missiles that can threaten a vast region from eastern Europe to Australia.

Pakistan's missile programme, which is in the hands of the military, is more India-specific. It strives for a capability to threaten as many major Indian cities as possible.
Link: BBC News - Pakistan test fires nuclear-capable ballistic missile

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
When did we ever have a race with Pak? While they are stuck up with India, we have far bigger role in mind for ourselves in the world. While India can 100% catch up with China, pakistan has no chance in hell to catch up with India.

ice berg

lalalalalalalalal......lalalalalalalalalaaa....:cool2:
Sigh, guess your ignorance has no limits.
Both soviet union and China, Pakistan and India fought direct war with each other.

GUess you must be sleeping then, or simply ignorant.

"Yeah!! Right I'm the one to goes to forum of the other country and repeats State approved BS time and again in the vain hope that they might SOMEHOW believe me.."

No idea what you talking about there. I am not aware of that stating facts are considered state approved BS. Guess every one who claimed that there has been war between nuclear nations are stating state approved BS? You have a strange and twisted logic. :laugh:

"Failure to achieve pre war objectives, and hold any meaningful swaths of territory, but hey go ahead say you won.. as to comparing Vietnam's economy and your own... can't you be fair for once that's like comparing Sri Lanka with India,, no comparision"

Do you even have the slighteste idea what the pre war objectives are? hahahaha.
I dont compare the size of their economies. I am comparing the growth and state of their economy. If you dont know the difference, then i suggest you take a crash course in basic economics. Your failed exemple of Sri Lanka and India just shows me you dont have a clue. :rolleyes:

lalalalallaallala......lalallalalal:cool2:

arkem8

Country flag
Sigh, guess your ignorance has no limits.
Then why get so hot and bothered...
Both soviet union and China, Pakistan and India fought direct war with each other.
Thank you for making my point, that is what I said
GUess you must be sleeping then, or simply ignorant.
I am not a Sh!t youth, internet warrior from china so the above does not apply to me
"Yeah!! Right I'm the one to goes to forum of the other country and repeats State approved BS time and again in the vain hope that they might SOMEHOW believe me.."

No idea what you talking about there.No apparent capability for self evaluation, typical of chinese drones I am not aware of that stating factsWhose?? CCP's??:p are considered state approved BS.Yes it is Guess every one who claimed that there has been war between nuclear nations are stating state approved BS? You have a strange and twisted logic.
Rubbish logic typed hurridly to cover loss of face

"Failure to achieve pre war objectives, and hold any meaningful swaths of territory, but hey go ahead say you won.. as to comparing Vietnam's economy and your own... can't you be fair for once that's like comparing Sri Lanka with India,, no comparision"

Do you even have the slighteste idea what the pre war objectives are? hahahaha.
No wait!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA you lost to a weaker, outnumbered, non nuclear and poorly equipped army HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
I dont compare the size of their economies. I am comparing the growth and state of their economy. If you dont know the difference, then i suggest you take a crash course in basic economics. Your failed exemple of Sri Lanka and India just shows me you dont have a clue. :rolleyes:
LOLOLOTries and fails miserably to cover rubbish logic in previous post, resorts to diversionary measures HEHE

lalalalallaallala......lalallalalal
Ahh how quaint!! you copied even that last part how very Chinese,,,:rofl:

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
firstly, you clearly don't know what are you talking about a nuke falling on Beijing makes more differences (political that is) then Guangzhou, Agni 5 gives us more leverage over our previous missiles, I'am highly skeptical of your government caring about all those little cities and peoples.
Dude, you have no idea how chinese political system works. Of course I understand all your knowledge about Chinese politics are from--Amercian movies.

Caring or not about those little cities and peoples is one story, being able to protect any chinese land from nuclear attack is another story. And I doubt if you understand what is the difference in politiical sense between these 2.

secondly, Agni 5 can not only destroy large scale targets like a town or a city it can also destroy small targets like military bases with conventional war head even if it's deep in china if PLA is not worried that's not our problem, and yes it's as a bigger affect then a common indian armor division.

finally, dude come on you are talking like a porkyes 10000 nukes really.
As my understanding, this thread is talking about how chinese ( from CCP & PLA to ordinary people) is thinking about your new toy, then yes, whether or not PLA is worried, is the problem in this thread.

Let me repeat, neither side is capable of starting a nuclear war proactivly, so Chinese won't feel more worried on Agni 5 than Agni 4 or 3.

AbhishekDas

Tihar Jail
Banned
China claimed recently that they have successfully tested Anti-Ballestic Missile System that can intercept missile like India's present Agni-5 ICBM (Range : 5,500-8,000 KM) & future Agni-6 (Range : 6,500-10,500 KM), but Agni-5 Missile development team's Head Mr. Avinash Chander have already claimed with firm belief that nobody can intercept Agni-5 & Agni-6 ICBM including existing Interceptor Missiles of USA & the under-development interceptor missiles like China's....& US experts have also remarked that India's Agni-5 & Agni-6 ICBM will be the two most dangerous missiles in the world in future having a speed of 30+ Mach.......while India's under-development Anti-Ballestic Missile System will be capable of intercepting missiles having more than 25 Mach, missiles having more than this speed may also be intercepted, DRDO is busy to develop that capability to destroy missiles 5,000 Km away with Mach 30 speed.....so, we need to have faith on our scientists in DRDO, they are working fantastically, I'm proud of them

Eastman

Country flag
China claimed recently that they have successfully tested Anti-Ballestic Missile System that can intercept missile like India's present Agni-5 ICBM (Range : 5,500-8,000 KM) & future Agni-6 (Range : 6,500-10,500 KM), but Agni-5 Missile development team's Head Mr. Avinash Chander have already claimed with firm belief that nobody can intercept Agni-5 & Agni-6 ICBM including existing Interceptor Missiles of USA & the under-development interceptor missiles like China's....& US experts have also remarked that India's Agni-5 & Agni-6 ICBM will be the two most dangerous missiles in the world in future having a speed of 30+ Mach.......while India's under-development Anti-Ballestic Missile System will be capable of intercepting missiles having more than 25 Mach, missiles having more than this speed may also be intercepted, DRDO is busy to develop that capability to destroy missiles 5,000 Km away with Mach 30 speed.....so, we need to have faith on our scientists in DRDO, they are working fantastically, I'm proud of them
Whats so especail about Agni Missile that it cant be intercepted :eyebrows: after all it follows a ballastic transactory :truestory:

EXPERT

Any sources for your claims. .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles