China protests PM's visit to Arunachal, India says its an integral part.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Just by closing eyes to a problem, does not solve the problem. I agree that India does not have to offer Plebiscite, but what will it loose if it offers? It will only ascertain to the world that Arunachal is integral part of India and will put an end once and for all to this Chinese drama.
Sorry. It is not closing one's eyes. It is total sneer with nose in the air! Dogs can barks. Must we take cognisance?

No one is comparing India with Taiwan. All I was trying to prove is China will not agree for a plebiscite even if offered as Chinese never care about people's sentiments.
I am one step beyond. Plebiscite? Whatever for? Will we have a plebiscite of China or Pakistan claims Delhi as their own?

Plebiscite means we acknowledge that it is a disputed area. I say it is as disputed as China some day claiming Nalanda is theirs since their globetrooter visited it!!

[/QUOTE]

If you don't acknowledge the bitterness in Sino-Indian relationship, then I can't help it. India does not have to appease China, but take measures to solve it. There has been 13 rounds of failed talks between India and China over Arunachal issue, isn't that reason enough to solve the problem? Silence is definitely not the answer to all the mind-games which Chinese play, you need to give them something to think about too. That is why I am happy India has raised the POK issue.
There is no dispute over Arunachal. It is China who feels so. Who cares?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In India all are allowed to have more than one baby. That is what is called freedom. What is so great by denying basic freedom to one’s people? If growth is achieved by denying basic human rights, it is no better than Hitler’s ideals of Aryan supremacy and experiments to produce the ‘super race’. Quit gloating. It is a human disgrace.

We don’t have to meddle. Repression finds its own path. Between you and me, India is capable and is not running scared either. So, get rid of that delusion that China can do anything to India!

China could not do anything to a small country as Vietnam and you feel China can scare India?

Wake up and smell the coffee!

I thought the Opium War was over!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I found this bit surprising; Ministry of Foreign Affairs, China asked both country's media to focus on developing positive public opinion.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Nice way of showing finger by asking not to work in PoK area. Hitting two birds with a stone :)

nimo_cn

Country flag
In India all are allowed to have more than one baby. That is what is called freedom. What is so great by denying basic freedom to one’s people? If growth is achieved by denying basic human rights, it is no better than Hitler’s ideals of Aryan supremacy and experiments to produce the ‘super race’. Quit gloating. It is a human disgrace.
[mod] No birth control policy please open another thread [/mod]

Are you upset because we Hans are suppressed? Or are you upset because the development of China benefits a lot from this "evil" policy?

We don’t have to meddle. Repression finds its own path. Between you and me, India is capable of giving a tight kick in the bottom of China and is not running scared either. So, get rid of that delusion that China can do anything to India!

China could not do anything to a small country as Vietnam and you feel China can scare India?

Wake up and smell the coffee!

I thought the Opium War was over!
[mod] No derogatory comment will be tolerated , this is an warning to you [/mod]

Mohan

Respected Member
@ nimo_cn

China ran with its tail in between leaving all the equipment claiming it has taught the lesson to India before it faced the counter attack from Indian forces and also did the same with Vietnam where they lost almost 30000 men and claimed victory. Which is all PR and taught to you as history. Check out other threads in the forum.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Since you claim that China has given a kick in 1962 war but why didn't it hold onto the land which it believes rightfully theirs. Why make noise about Arunachal when you had the chance to hold onto it in 1962. Ironical that you talk about kicking, when you can't hold the land you claim to be yours. :sarcastic:

qilaotou

Since you claim that China has given a kick in 1962 war but why didn't it hold onto the land which it believes rightfully theirs. Why make noise about Arunachal when you had the chance to hold onto it in 1962. Ironical that you talk about kicking, when you can't hold the land you claim to be yours. :sarcastic:
CCP was claiming that it was a war against Indian military aggression at the border and not a war for China to solve border disputes. The real reason was that PLA could not establish logistic line to support the occupation. China was actually weak then and right at the later stage of famine.

I see that our disputes are mainly about face value or dignity of the two people. We Asians are not good at forgiveness and diplomacy compared with Europeans. Nothing can change it.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Pintu, thanks for warning me.
With all my respect, I was just expressing my idea in the same way your compatriot did. If it offend you or someone else here, i apologise.
Just for the record, i dont hate India.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Arunachal has neither historic nor cultural links to China: MP

Arunachal has neither historic nor cultural links to China: MP

TNN 16 October 2009, 02:16am IST
NEW DELHI: At a time when Beijing has ratcheted up its rhetoric on Arunachal Pradesh, the political class in the state has urged the Centre to give a big push to defence preparedness and infrastructural projects along the 1,080-km stretch of the state's border with China.

Chief minister Dorji Khandu is heading a high-level delegation here on Monday to apprise Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of the need to expedite the road projects along the border and build an airbase in the state.

Announcing this on Thursday, Takam Sanjoy, Lok Sabha member from Arunachal West, told reporters that the mood in the state was decisively anti-Chinese in the wake of Beijing's protests over Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's recent visit to the state.

"Historically, culturally Arunachal Pradesh has never had any affinity to China," he said. "There is not a single soul over there who has any sympathy for China and I can vouch for that."

Sanjoy said that the youth in Arunachal were willing to join the armed forces to "defend Indian territory" and demanded that a corps of scouts be raised in the state.

"Every President, Vice-President and Prime Minister has visited Arunachal Pradesh even before it gained its statehood," he said wondering at the purpose behind China's protests.

Sanjoy sought to explain the "noises" in terms of Beijing's policy of expansion and consolidation ever since its "illegal occupation" of Tibet in 1959.

He dismissed the proposed visit of the Tibetal spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, as a possible provocation. "The Dalai Lama has already visited Arunachal Pradesh three times and this time round, I guess, he will speak about spiritual matters as usual," Sanjoy said.

The MP, who had already met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and defence minister A K Antony to talk about the situation in the north-eastern state, said that the Arunachal people's aspirations were to grow as part of the national mainstream.

He wondered why the Chinese had reacted 10 days after the PM's visit and said, "We want to live in peace but we need to be alert."

Pintu

Arunachal students submit anti-China memo to Uttarakhand CM - India - The Times of India

Arunachal students submit anti-China memo to Uttarakhand CM
TNN 17 October 2009, 04:00pm IST

NEW DELHI: A group of students hailing from Arunachal Pradesh, studying at Dehra Dun, has urged an action against China for its misadventures in the border region, in a memorandum submitted to the Uttarakhand chief minister.

The students of Information Technology Institute for the Tribes of India (ITITI), Dehra Dun, presented a memorandum to chief minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank, demanding creation of an 'Arunachal Battalion', to thwart any mischief from China and defend 'Mother India'.

The students' delegation led by Japken Kena, a Class X student, said, "No youth in Arunachal Pradesh will tolerate any mischief from the expansionist China."

The students said they want to join the Army and show the world that they are and shall always remain Indians.

CM Nishank assured them that their requests would be conveyed to the Prime Minister and the President.

"Till we have such patriotic students, we need not fear any one in the world," Nishank said.

The memorandum said, "We, the students of Arunachal Pradesh, want to express the concern and resolve of all Arunachal people regarding the arrogant, war-mongering interventions of China that claims Arunachal as its territory. We and our parents want to convey to Chinese people and their expansionist government that there is no India without Arunachal and no Arunachal without India. We are first Indians and then anything else."

The students further said, "We, the Arunachalis, are very patriotic people and will shed the last drop of our blood for defending our mighty India. We are cautioning China that it should not flare up tensions and hurt the peaceful people, otherwise it must remember that 2009 is not 1962 and we are well prepared for any eventuality."

They also made a request for setting up a military training facility in ITITI, so that they could join forces after completing education.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Tribals have traditional jurisdiction over land: Arunachal CM tells PM

TNN 20 October 2009, 03:27am IST

|

NEW DELHI: Dismissing China's claims of a border dispute as unfounded, Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Dorji Khandu told Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh on Monday that the tribal community in the state had a customary and traditional jurisdiction over the land.

Heading a high-level delegation from his state, Khandu said during a half-hour meeting with the PM that since all lands in Arunachal belonged to the tribes over the generations, there could be no dispute about the ownership.

The delegation representing the state's political leadership asked the PM to take all possible steps to prevent the Chinese move to build a dam on its side of the Brahmaputra. They pointed out that diverting water from the upper stream of the river would have catastrophic consequences for the people and ecology of the north-east.

The chief minister said that the PM had told the delegation that no dam was being constructed by China on Brahmaputra river. "The PM said no dam is being constructed and only run-off-the-river construction has been made", Khandu told reporters while citing a letter from Chinese government.

Among the other members of the delegation were former CM Mukut Mithi, now a Rajya Sabha member, Lok Sabha member from Arunachal West, Takam Sanjoy, state Congress unit chief Nabam Tuki, Arunachal home minister Jarbom Gamlin and a former BJP MP, Kiran Rijuju.

The CM pressed for his demand for raising four battalions of Arunachal Scouts to supplement the work of the Army in the far-off state. The Centre, according to sources, has agreed to clear the proposal. The finance ministry is at present examining its financial implications.

Responding to the state leadership's concerns over the recent Chinese claims, Singh, according to a delegation member, remarked that for New Delhi diplomatic and bilateral channels were an option to settle all such disputes.

He, the delegation members said, reassured the people of Arunachal that they need not worry over the Chinese claims.

The Arunachal leadership sought to demolish Beijing's argument by pointing out that while the tribal community had lived in peace for centuries, China had begun to eye the territory only after annexing Tibet in 1959.

They said that the people in the state had asserted themselves against the "Chinese insinuations" in recent weeks.

"We hope after the assembly election results on October 22 when a new government takes over, senior leaders from the Centre will visit the state," Sanjoy later told TOI. He claimed that a fresh mandate for the Khandu government would be one way of people's affirmation of allegiance to the national mainstream.

The delegation will meet foreign minister S M Krishna on Tuesday.

Tribals have traditional jurisdiction over land: Arunachal CM tells PM - India - The Times of India

Pintu

http://www.ptinews.com/news/341589_-China-should-not-object-to-Dalai-s-visit-to-Arunachal-

'China should not object to Dalai's visit to Arunachal'

STAFF WRITER 23:41 HRS IST

Jamshedpur, Oct 21 (PTI) A religious leader today said China should not have any objection if the Dalai Lama wants to visit Arunachal Pradesh.

"Arunachal is an integral part of India and China should not have any objection if Dalai Lama visits Arunachal Pradesh next month," Dwarika Peeth Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Sarswatiji Maharaj told reporters here when asked about China's objection to the Dalai Lama's proposed visit.

"The Dalai Lama can travel in any part as we have already welcomed him in our country...The prevailing differences between India and China was because of the Dalai Lama, whom we have given shelter in our country," said the leader, who is in the steel city to take part in a religious function.

On the spurt in naxal activities in the country, Sarswatiji said he is against their practice of engaging in bloodshed to achieve their goals.

blade

Next powerful indian diplomatic reply whould be about the recognition of Tibet as a free state and a warm relation with Taiwan.

Koji

Next powerful indian diplomatic reply whould be about the recognition of Tibet as a free state and a warm relation with Taiwan.
This would irk China greatly, indeed. But I think India stands to lose more than China if relations turn sour. I don't need to remind you that China is India's largest trading partner. If you consider the opposite relationship, India doesn't even break the top ten. Similarly, Taiwan and China enjoy huge bilateral trade, and despite the annual concerns addressed by China's missiles, you'll find that Taiwan will not risk its business. It's the money that matters!

Pintu

[mod]Off Topic post will see closure of the thread [/mod]

AkhandBharat

nimo_cn,

Dalai Lama to Tour India Region Despite China Ire

The Dalai Lama is going ahead with a scheduled visit to India's remote northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh next month, ignoring protests by China, which claims the region as its territory, a spokesman said Thursday.

"We are resolutely against Dalai's visit," Foreign Ministry spokesman Ma Zhaoxu told reporters. "We think that has further exposed the anti-China and separatist nature of the Dalai clique."

China accuses the Dalai Lama of seeking independence for Tibet, but the Nobel Peace Prize laureate says he only wants autonomy for the Himalayan region to practice its Buddhist culture.

India's Foreign Ministry responded to China's complaint by saying the Dalai Lama was free to travel anywhere within India, where he has lived along with a government-in-exile since fleeing Tibet following a failed 1959 uprising against Chinese rule.
India also is actively engaged in PR is very successful in portraying China as an aggressive nation with the CCP party doing anything to remain in power as a totalitarian regime.

Pintu

[mod] thread now stands open after moderation. get into discussions sensibly without trolling and flame baiting. anyone found doing that will be taken to task.[/mod]

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles