China projects Kashmir as a separate country

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
China projects Kashmir as a separate country

IANS

Kathmandu: Besides issuing separate visas to Indian passport holders from Jammu and Kashmir, China is also projecting the disputed territory as an independent country in other ways.

Visitors to Tibet, especially journalists invited by the Chinese government, are given handouts where Kashmir is indicated as a country separate from India.
Media kits providing "basic information" about Tibet - which China attacked and annexed in the 1950s - says Tibet "borders with India, Nepal, Myanmar and Kashmir area".

Except the "Kashmir area", the other three are sovereign countries.
Maps available in China, Myanmar and Nepal too show an India denuded of Kashmir.

Also, China's policy of extending assistance to only the government of a country indicates it considers India's nuclear rival and neighbour Pakistan to be in control of Pakistan-administered Kashmir by offering financial assistance to build a dam on the Indus river there.

China, now locked in a row with India, is also asking for the tightening of the open border between India and Nepal that, it says, is abetting anti-China activities and demonstrations by Tibetans crossing into Nepal from India.
Beijing is also indirectly asking for the closure of the seat of the Dalai Lama, the exiled leader of the Tibetans, in Dharamshala in India, hinting that such a step would improve India-China relations.

China, which fought a war with India in 1962, says Arunachal Pradesh belongs to it. India says it is an integral and inalienable part of India.

On the eve of the Dalai Lama's visit to Arunachal Pradesh in November, China has been hurrying Nepal to deploy armed security forces along the border between northern Nepal and Tibet.

Both Nepal's Home Minister Bhim Rawal and Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal recently visited Mustang, the northernmost district in Nepal to assess the security plan.

Mustang was once both part of an ancient Tibetan kingdom and later the base of anti-China guerrilla attacks by Tibet's Khampa warriors.

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
We should be aware of China, I am not sure why they want to create a mess. Let us also start giving tiebet as seperate country status.

Country flag
All this the Kashmir visa issue,the arunachal border issue,Burma -bangladesh conflict, Naxalites/,maoist acting up is all planned by China to divert attention from the water that will be stolen from the Brahmaputra i Tibet.

Arun

All this the Kashmir visa issue,the arunachal border issue,Burma -bangladesh conflict, Naxalites/,maoist acting up is all planned by China to divert attention from the water that will be stolen from the Brahmaputra i Tibet.
Well if that is the case then what the hell is our foreign ministry doing not even a single comment from their side.To my knowledge they haven't even approached UN. Since its a serious violation by chinese of the international law.

If i am wrong pls correct me

Flint

It is to be expected. China is getting more assertive in its views on global geopolitics. Obviously, they are going to favour their allies when it comes to these things.

johnee

The real problem is that India is not talking about the real issue! India should stop skirting the real issue and raise it, boldly. And the issue as we all know it is TIBET, not AP, not sikkim, not Kashmir, not brahmaputra. It is TIBET, once we raise the core issue, then all the issues that China raises will automatically be put in perspective. Until and unless, India raises the core issue of Tibet, India will be bullied by China by raising variety of issues that have their base in China's claim on Tibet.

Country flag
Well if that is the case then what the hell is our foreign ministry doing not even a single comment from their side.To my knowledge they haven't even approached UN. Since its a serious violation by chinese of the international law.

If i am wrong pls correct me

you are absolutely right, the government needs a fire lit under their ass and move on these issues.

S.A.T.A

Its foolhardy to expect chinese will desist from doing anything that makes sense to them,just because we protest.If that was the case the Chinese would stopped parading the former inmates of Nanjing whore camps in front of the Japanese embassy,seeking a compensation and apology,which the Japanese,with no less perverted glee,have refused to oblige with.

This must be a chinese complex,they want everyone to stoop down to their level.

Vladimir79

Professional
If China wants to declare Kashmir seperate country, India declares Tibet seperate country.

S.A.T.A

If China wants to declare Kashmir seperate country, India declares Tibet seperate country.
What with over a million Tibetan refugees and with the presence high profile leaders like the HH Dalai Lama in India,the later would be an mitigated PR & diplomatic disaster of infinite proportion in comparison to all of China's recent Kashmir shenanigan.

Bring into on commy's :)

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
It is to be expected. China is getting more assertive in its views on global geopolitics. Obviously, they are going to favour their allies when it comes to these things.
Agree wholeheartedly with you on this one! The dragon has slowly begun to bare it's fangs, the 60th anniversary Military parade,the deployment of ships to the Gulf of Aden,The string of pearls all point to it.
India can do only one thing to get back at china at the moment

The government of India must immediately recognize the sovereignty of Tibet get it approved by the govt of Taiwan in return for recognizing them as the official China, also recognize that Vietnam has suzerainty over the paracel islands and japan over the senkaku islands .

prahladh

Respected Member
Why didn't they issue separate visas for people living in A.P

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Here's the best opportunity to de-recognize Tibet, can call all of Tibet disputed by the TGE. It takes a country as big as India to do that. Others will follow.

Why didn't they issue separate visas for people living in A.P
They don't issue any visas. According to them people from Arunachal don't need visas to visit 'their own' country.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
On topic: This time again China has crossed its limits again, what would you expect from Indians?
Please tell me why china is doing the job of taste spoiler and blaming india; then entitled to respond appropriately.
Do you think recent chines aggression against India is obvious/natural when India has done nothing wrong but has only responded briskly to the same.

amitkriit

I think China isn't doing this just to make India look stupid. China senses consensus amongst western countries on this issue, who are trying to settle Kashmir problem in favour of Pakistan as a trophy for their cooperation with USA/UK and NATO. India is alone to fend for herself on this one. India+Russia will never be a match for China+USA.

India braces up for US pressure on Kashmir - dnaindia.com

Arun

I think China isn't doing this just to make India look stupid. China senses consensus amongst western countries on this issue, who are trying to settle Kashmir problem in favour of Pakistan as a trophy for their cooperation with USA/UK and NATO. India is alone to fend for herself on this one. India+Russia will never be a match for China+USA.

India braces up for US pressure on Kashmir - dnaindia.com
Well buddy the issue you raised is bit complicated .One has to look from every angle to address your concern. Nevertheless if i go by your statement then India is alone not even Russians are there,i am not saying that they wont support us,but the impact they used to have is shattered coz of the break down of USSR,they are building up now.

Well the Chinese as you said is teasing us.

"DRAGON" wants a showdown with "TIGER"

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
No one can force us to settle Kashmir. I suspect Pakistan might have asked a favor from China. It will not work.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Tibet is known in China as the Tibet Autonomous Region.

Let it be Autonomous.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles