China, Pakistan have strategy to invade India: Mulayam Singh

Minghegy

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...e-India-Mulayam-Singh/articleshow/7549323.cms
PTI, Feb 22, 2011, 08.29pm IST

NEW DELHI: Alleging that China and Pakistan are having "a strategy to invade India," Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to give an assurance to Parliament that the country is safe from a possible external aggression.

"China and Pakistan can invade India. They are having a strategy to invade India. The House must be assured that India is safe, when PM gives reply," Yadav said in the Lok Sabha participating in a discussion on the motion of thanks to the President for her address to Parliament.

Referring to developments in Ladakh, Tibet and Arunachal Pradesh where China is allegedly building Army threatening India's sovereignty, he said, "They are occupying one inch of territory every day. We could not regain our lost territory. They are claiming our land."

The former defence minister said he was aware that China is ready to attack India.

"China is our No 1 enemy. It is time to save our country," he said.

"Their armed forces are ready. They may invade at any time. Nepal would also be occupied," Mulayam feared and called for a "Himalayan policy" to check a possible Chinese invasion.

The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said the honour and sovereignty of the country is at stake.

Criticising the country's foreign policy, he said, it is in the hands of the US.

"Who are our friends? We don't have any friends like USSR," said the leader, whose party has 22 MPs who support the government from outside.

Referring to the incidents of attack on Indian students in Australia and harassment of Indian students at the hand of authorities in the US and the UK, he said the Government must take steps to protect their interest in foreign countries.

He said both Nepal and Sri Lanka used to enjoy good relations with India in the past but that is not so now.

The Samajwadi Party chief also alleged that there was "so much of corruption" in the name of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) and it was bringing bad name for Gandhiji.

Gandhiji's name should be removed from the project to protect his honour, he said.

mayfair

What happened to him? From advocating a Bharat-Pakistan-Bangladesh Mahasangh to this? Change of heart or change of mind?

pmaitra

This thread makes me rather poetic.

For men may come and men may go,
But I go on forever.

- The Brook, Tennyson
Well, threats may come and threats may go, but India will have to go on preparing for a two front war.

However, thanks to Mulayam for saying this.

Phenom

What happened to him?

This guy was one of the strongest supporters of SIMI, from when did he started worrying about national defense.

Yan Luo Wang

China, Pakistan have strategy to invade India: Mulayam Singh
How did you guys figure out our plans? :confused1:

LOL seriously though, why on Earth would we attack anyone, and ruin our own economic growth.

The current status quo works in our favour anyway.

Last edited:

pmaitra

How did you guys figure out our plans? :confused1:

LOL seriously though, why on Earth would we attack anyone, and ruin our own economic growth.

The current status quo works in our favour anyway.
Let's say it is common sense, at least from an Indian point of view.

It is the general belief among many Indians that PRC and Pakistan are friends and more; and; whatever happened between India and Pakistan/PRC in 1948, 1962, 1965, 1971 and 1999 weren't exactly exchanges of pleasantries. Hope you understand.

Maybe we are being paranoid. Maybe PRC has no intention to invade India; at least for now. Still, that concern of a possible joint PRC-Pakistani invasion of India lingers.

Last edited:

Yan Luo Wang

Let's say it is common sense, at least from an Indian point of view.

It is the general belief among many Indians that PRC and Pakistan are friends and more; and; whatever happened between India and Pakistan/PRC in 1948, 1962, 1965, 1971 and 1998 weren't exactly exchanges of pleasantries. Hope you understand.

Maybe we are being paranoid. Maybe PRC has no intention to invade India; at least for now. Still, that concern of a possible joint PRC-Pakistani invasion of India lingers.
I can certainly understand why you feel that way.

In any case, it is better to be safe than sorry. Always plan for the worst, etc.

I don't begrude any nation for increasing their military spending, those matters are their own internal affairs.

I just personally feel, that it doesn't make sense for two of the most successful growing economies in the world to go to war with each other. Both sides are rational actors, so I doubt anything will happen.

pmaitra

^^ I had made a mistake in my earlier post and I have since corrected it. Kargil War happened in 1999 not 1998. Sorry about that.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
He had said this quite some time back as well. I think we might have a thread on it too. For once he is right though about the dangers of a two front war. The IA is already preparing for it.

johnee

Nope ! Mayawati is WAY better. This guy on the other hand, will do anything to get votes
Exactly, Mayawati is waaay better than this scum. He has defended the terrorists, he tried to befriend the votebanks by making irresponsible statements during Ram-Mandhir verdict, and now he is courting nationalist votebank. This is the sign of complete moral and political bankruptcy. I would rather trust an honest enemy than a dishonest scum like him...

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I was really disappointed on the day when mr. mulayam singh was made defense minister (the 1995-1998 era don't remember exact dates), I will try to find the cutting of a news paper in which he exclaimed that he was on Navy ship for 38 hours for monitoring some new weapons (nuclear) after the shakti explosions. He has habit of shooting off the mouth in some delicate matters without any reason.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles