China, Pakistan deepen Sri Lanka ties at India's expense

CCP

China, Pakistan deepen Sri Lanka ties at India's expense - Economic Times

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's decision to skip the Commonwealth Summit in Colombo due to intense domestic political pressure is likely to give China and Pakistan an opportunity to deepen their relations with Sri Lanka at India's expense.

Both China and Pakistan have expanded their footprints in the war-ravaged island nation in recent years, a development that strategic experts say does not bode well for India.

"Sri Lanka's strategic location in the Indian Ocean region is eyed by several countries. This makes Sri Lanka all the more important for India. The PM's trip would have underlined New Delhi's commitment to India. While India shares historical ties with Sri Lanka and has several projects there, other countries in the neighbourhood are increasing their presence in Sri Lanka," said an official, who did not wish to be named.

China started making inroads into Sri Lanka's strategic infrastructure sector about a decade ago. The process gained momentum after LTTE was defeated in May 2009 with the help of arms supplied by China, the official said.

The venue for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) - Bandaranaike Memorial International Convention Hall (BMICH) in Colombo - was also renovated following China's grant of $15.3 million.

On October 24, when Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa moved a resolution asking the Centre to "totally boycott" this year's CHOGM, Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa was thanking China for renovating the BMICH while inaugurating it. And two years ago, when Jayalalithaa targeted the Centre over the Tamil issue, Sri Lanka was negotiating with China to finalise a Free Trade Agreement (FTA), which was the biggest development in Sino-Lanka cooperation since the 1952 Rubber-Rice Pact.

According to China's official press agency Xinhua, 42 Chinese companies were among the 83 foreign companies participating in the trade exhibition 'Reflections of Sri Lanka' being held on the sidelines of CHOGM.

In comparison, only 21 companies will represent India at the exhibition even as India is Sri Lanka's largest trading partner. India has a flourishing FTA with Sri Lanka since 1996 that has helped India-Sri Lanka trade to grow from $600 million in 2000 to $5billion in 2012. But China is looking at increasing trade with Sri Lanka after their FTA. Ever since Tamil sentiments kept India away from Sri Lanka, China stepped in.

Jagdish58

free to troll?
Every country has rights to have deepen relationship with Srilanka it is once national interest and integrity :thumb:

The Reason LTTE went out becuase their leader Prabhakaran got killed , and he was responsible for bombing Rajiv Gandhi

So our Madam Sonia Gandhi gave full support to SL to take him out are revenge:taunt1:

Still we have lot of lunatics in TN state who want to go and fight in SL , but Government is not funding them and training them using RAW

But it is a wise move Extremist are like Vipers they bite all owner , enemies , friends etc

China is doing trade with India as well which runs in Billion , You gift your half brothers Pakis as well

Majority of India doesn't gives a damn with whom SL is building relationship, our major problem is Corruption and Concentration of Power inspite of being Democracy

Not what X or Y does:confused:

nirranj

Country flag
Still we have lot of lunatics in TN state who want to go and fight in SL , but Government is not funding them and training them using RAW

But it is a wise move Extremist are like Vipers they bite all owner , enemies , friends etc
So what the Hell do you know On tamils struggle in Sri Lanka?? And what the Hell do you know about the final moments of the Eelam war #4??

There are no extremists in Tamils. Those who died in SL fighting are freedom fighters. They struggled in all possible ways to get their freedom.

For the Death of Rajiv Gandhi hundreds of thousands of Tamils have paid their lives, yet They still look upon India to guarantee their self determinance.

Last edited:

nirranj

Country flag
India should break SL into two and give Eelam Tamils a Nation of their own. By this way we can ensure that wee have a Ally in SL and can keep a complete control of the Indian ocean.

SL is never a friend of India and will never be a friend.

Dont bring up the bullshit of TN seceding from India after Eelam is achieved. There are millions of Tamils in India who see India as their mother and assosiate themselves with the ups and downs of this nation.

happy

What I am trying to say is : Is India allow trolling happen on media?
It is called freedom of Press. Something which is unheard of in China.

Since this is the first time you have got this notion, irrespective of what the different sections of media says only the official statement is considered valid. The rest is just propaganda or rumours.

Jagdish58

So what the Hell do you know On tamils struggle in Sri Lanka?? And what the Hell do you know about the final moments of the Eelam war #4??

There are no extremists in Tamils. Those who died in SL fighting are freedom fighters. They struggled in all possible ways to get their freedom.

For the Death of Rajiv Gandhi hundreds of thousands of Tamils have paid their lives, yet They still look upon India to guarantee their self determinance.

Ok Tamil Struggle?? i never told since Rajiv Gandhi was bombed millions tamil deserve to die . I have mentioned the word revenge which madam took on Prabhakaran . Read the message properly and react

Freedom Fighters:lol::confused: bombing school bus , bomb blast in public to kill a politician where many innocent also die is act of freedom fighters i agree:thumb:

Why don't you call Kashmiri Extremist Freedom fighters?? Why label them Terrorist ??

From 2004 to till now when Srilankan Army was on killing sphere what your govt of tamilnadu and govt of india doing?? busy in 2G scam , Coalgate etc

You people let the Massacre happen and now making big statements like we will break Lanka & create Eelam etc ??

Last but no least Im a tamilian myself & i feel sick when people relate all tamilians to LTTE:mad:

Blackwater

strange now pakis love kaale-peele sri-lankan hindu or budhist

where as same they hate indians

ramakrishna

say thanks to Congress foreigh approach ... :) .... hail MMS ... hail Sonia ... Hail Pappu ( errr ... shehjada )

nirranj

Country flag
Ok Tamil Struggle?? i never told since Rajiv Gandhi was bombed millions tamil deserve to die . I have mentioned the word revenge which madam took on Prabhakaran . Read the message properly and react

But it is a wise move Extremist are like Vipers

Your statement above. Tamils from TN were supporters of the struggle. We never went out of India and participated in the struggle. We are looking upto India to ensure Justice.

Freedom Fighters:lol::confused: bombing school bus , bomb blast in public to kill a politician where many innocent also die is act of freedom fighters i agree:thumb:
For all the barbaric acts unleashed against the Tamils across SL, the general public dserved the bombings in public places. But I dont support killing women and Children even if they are enemies. I am not a supporter of Prabhakaran. I saw tigers as a tool for achieving self determinance of Eelam Tamils. Now they are no more, the struggle continues politically and I will support it.

Why don't you call Kashmiri Extremist Freedom fighters?? Why label them Terrorist ??
I know this question will come up. there is a difference between both, The Tigers (their foot soldiers) fought for securing freedom, a freedom which the millions of Eelam Tamils deserved. they fought for securing their sovereign rights of holding a republic of their own. But the terrorists fighting in Kashmir dont represent the Kashmiris themselves. Their leadership and ranks are not from the Kashmiri population. They are aliens who are motivated by the enemies of India to disintegrate India through bloodshed.

From 2004 to till now when Srilankan Army was on killing sphere what your govt of tamilnadu and govt of india doing?? busy in 2G scam , Coalgate etc

You people let the Massacre happen and now making big statements like we will break Lanka & create Eelam etc ??
India Let the Massacre happen. Yes the TN govt during the final war played double game. India aided the Tamil Freedom fighters from the beginning to fulfill its Geopolitical ambitions. It would have been fullfilled If India created a separate Tamil Eelam out of SL. By now we would have got our own ally in that Island. We let the Sinhalese to gain complete control of the island and now they are free to make us dance to their China tunes.

ast but no least Im a tamilian myself & i feel sick when people relate all tamilians to LTTE:mad:
I am a Tamil too. Happy to Know You are also one.

The struggle for freedom is not only about the Tigers. Tigers were the brain child of Indian Geopolitical ambitions. But what would you say about the thousands of Families who lost their children as freedom fighters?? Let Prabhakaran andd his close circuit be villains, but that doesn't means the thousands of tiger cadre to be villains, they took arms to defend their right to self determination. They fought and died for a land which belonged to their ancestors and which is their birth right to inherit as Free men.

India should support and actively involve in achieving self determination for Eelam Tamils. I as a Indian will do everything possible under Indian constitution to get India do that.

Jagdish58

But it is a wise move Extremist are like Vipers

Your statement above. Tamils from TN were supporters of the struggle. We never went out of India and participated in the struggle. We are looking upto India to ensure Justice.

For all the barbaric acts unleashed against the Tamils across SL, the general public dserved the bombings in public places. But I dont support killing women and Children even if they are enemies. I am not a supporter of Prabhakaran. I saw tigers as a tool for achieving self determinance of Eelam Tamils. Now they are no more, the struggle continues politically and I will support it.

I know this question will come up. there is a difference between both, The Tigers (their foot soldiers) fought for securing freedom, a freedom which the millions of Eelam Tamils deserved. they fought for securing their sovereign rights of holding a republic of their own. But the terrorists fighting in Kashmir dont represent the Kashmiris themselves. Their leadership and ranks are not from the Kashmiri population. They are aliens who are motivated by the enemies of India to disintegrate India through bloodshed.

India Let the Massacre happen. Yes the TN govt during the final war played double game. India aided the Tamil Freedom fighters from the beginning to fulfill its Geopolitical ambitions. It would have been fullfilled If India created a separate Tamil Eelam out of SL. By now we would have got our own ally in that Island. We let the Sinhalese to gain complete control of the island and now they are free to make us dance to their China tunes.

I am a Tamil too. Happy to Know You are also one.

The struggle for freedom is not only about the Tigers. Tigers were the brain child of Indian Geopolitical ambitions. But what would you say about the thousands of Families who lost their children as freedom fighters?? Let Prabhakaran andd his close circuit be villains, but that doesn't means the thousands of tiger cadre to be villains, they took arms to defend their right to self determination. They fought and died for a land which belonged to their ancestors and which is their birth right to inherit as Free men.

India should support and actively involve in achieving self determination for Eelam Tamils. I as a Indian will do everything possible under Indian constitution to get India do that.
Question is you people kept quite from 2004-2008 when the massacre took place, Your govt was biggest ally in UPA-1 & 2 but they were busy in scams , where was the plea for eelam & cause for tamil in SL then:thumb:

Prevention is better then cure , they issue is politicized

for me LTTE is terror organisation & people supporting as wel , LTTe's deserved to be killed . But the innocent citizens be it Tamil or anyone who were massacred didn't:thumb:

there were instance brave LTTE's used local tamils as shield to protect them self from bullets of SL army :lol: you call them freedome fighters:confused:

nirranj

Country flag
Question is you people kept quite from 2004-2008 when the massacre took place, Your govt was biggest ally in UPA-1 & 2 but they were busy in scams , where was the plea for eelam & cause for tamil in SL then:thumb:

Prevention is better then cure , they issue is politicized

for me LTTE is terror organisation & people supporting as wel , LTTe's deserved to be killed . But the innocent citizens be it Tamil or anyone who were massacred didn't:thumb:

there were instance brave LTTE's used local tamils as shield to protect them self from bullets of SL army :lol: you call them freedome fighters:confused:
No matter what you call them... They are freedom fighters... You can troll as you want... But the fact remains. They took arms to save their kith and Kin from the Sinhalese chauvnism. That itself evidences their need to safeguard their freedom and sovereignity...

Nobody Kept queit. You need to read more before You comment that people in TN kept queit during 2004-08... There were show of support and there were protests... People were looking upto the Govt of India to do its part in safeguarding the Tamil populace in Lanka. Which the Govt failed and the TN govt back stabbed... And there are people Like you who are half baked with little or no knowledge on the plight of Tamils in Eelam right from the Sri Lankan independence... You can Troll as you like it... the fact remains...

there were instance brave LTTE's used local tamils as shield to protect them self from bullets of SL army you call them freedome fighters
Let Prabhakaran andd his close circuit be villains, but that doesn't means the thousands of tiger cadre to be villains, they took arms to defend their right to self determination. They fought and died for a land which belonged to their ancestors and which is their birth right to inherit as Free men.
This is what I said Mr. Know all.

Jagdish58

No matter what you call them... They are freedom fighters... You can troll as you want... But the fact remains. They took arms to save their kith and Kin from the Sinhalese chauvnism. That itself evidences their need to safeguard their freedom and sovereignity...

Nobody Kept queit. You need to read more before You comment that people in TN kept queit during 2004-08... There were show of support and there were protests... People were looking upto the Govt of India to do its part in safeguarding the Tamil populace in Lanka. Which the Govt failed and the TN govt back stabbed... And there are people Like you who are half baked with little or no knowledge on the plight of Tamils in Eelam right from the Sri Lankan independence... You can Troll as you like it... the fact remains...

This is what I said Mr. Know all.
hahahah now you got personal and got into half naked etc, good i know nothing and im no one

fact is LTTE's are terrorist & people supporting them are bigger goons , Poor innocent people died due to those monsters & SL Army

if you are so much take a gun & fight off instead of barking

nirranj

Country flag
hahahah now you got personal and got into half naked etc, good i know nothing and im no one

fact is LTTE's are terrorist & people supporting them are bigger goons , Poor innocent people died due to those monsters & SL Army

if you are so much take a gun & fight off instead of barking
half baked, not half naked :hail:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles