China,Pakistan and Bangladesh should form a Military Union

FlameNtroll

PROS

1> military of these countries operate similar equipment or will use them in the future
2> Common adversary
3> Common interest that would mean peace and mutual tolerance
4> joint development of future weapons

CONS

1> china is too big and better placed than both economically
2> India/world wont allow this to happen

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Military union for what? As it is Pakistan and China are one.

Bangladesh doesnt have a common enemy. No India is not an enemy of Bangladesh.

Joint weapons development did you say? I am sure China would not even bother asking. They will first develop a weapon on their own, if it fails to impress it will give to Pakistan and Bangladesh (eg JF 17). Then they learn from that and go on to produce better weapons like J 10. Forget joint development.

There is no common interest between Pakistan,Bangladesh and China. China is way too ahead. It can only look at these countries to contain India as it has been doing so using Pakistan. Nothing more. Pakistan and Bangladesh do not offer any further incentive to China. Even when Pakistan was taking its begging bowl all over the world, China looked the other way. so much for all weather friends.

BunBunCake

1> military of these countries operate similar equipment or will use them in the future
Bangladesh wants equipment from India too

2> Common adversary
This is why the Prime Minister of Bangladesh pledged to work with India to solve all issues?---Out of the 3 countries you listed. Only one hates India. The others, you only would wish have a grudge against India. Spending too much time in Pakistani forums will lead to this. Many Chinese there are now in an illusion and forget that they're Chinese sometimes. Instead every time they dis an Indian, they wave a Pakistani flag at us. China doesn't care about India. It wants good relations. But the only issue to India that's causing concern is the border dispute.

Really?
So If India partnered with the United States (because we have similar interest for eliminating the terrorists in South Asia) and strike/ invade Pakistan like Iraq. That would bring peace to the region?

You mean, China developing the weapons and you buying them?
Bangladesh has nothing to develop. Pakistan doesn't know the word either.

CONS

1> china is too big and better placed than both economically
China will dominate both country and eventually take over. Ending happily ever after.

What can India do to stop it?
You are wrong. If you want to form a union with China. Go a head.

This wouldn't be a reality =) Just so you know.
It seems all the Pakistanis love the Chinese, because they give them weapons against India but they don't realize that China is a power hungry country that seeks domination.

Good luck with your plans.

raja696

yusuf what happens if china contain india through bangladesh, pakistan, srilanka and smaller countries like nepal . As for now china already focusing its navy bases around India. one in srilanka,bangladesh en pakistan. Although we might have long range missiles to keep them at back foot but can we stop china aggression to degrade us , if it attempts to navy fleet in Indian ocean along the coast lines of India like it did to Japan. And why India is not focusing to increase defence budgets in double digits. And I strongly believe
even though we helped bangladesh to liberate itself , it is not as friendly it has to be according to general public in bangladesh but politically diplomats are close. I think we must be clearer to our smaller neighbors in our foreign policy that if they join pakistan or china against India ... they would seriously face consequences.sometimes fear makes or compels weaker neighbors to have attention to us in positive way. straight to point India must have control on our neighbors then china and pakistan . We should make our neighbors to have access in their open markets find mineral resources, establish exports to India and ask them to invest their profits in India and make them dependable on us(thats how usa made southy arabia rich but in its shoes )(pls correct me if I am wrong in mentioning things correctly i mean technically )

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
China has no naval bases around India. China cannot dare to engage in a naval battle with India as of now. And the way the IN is going, it will never be able to do so in the future as well.

sob

Mod
Country flag
These are flights of fancies which are friends across the border are dreaming off on a regular basis. But these are just dreams. Countries in South Asia like BD,SL are aware that they need to engage economically with India to develop their own economies. They just cannot ignore the Indian economy and hope to progress at the same time.
A case in the point is Pakistan, they import so many Indian components and other equipment through Dubai adding to the extra cost. It would be more cost effective to import from India directly. The land route from Punjab makes for a very efficient and cost effective method. But with the mindset of the powers to be they squander their Forex either through Dubai or buying purchases from a 3rd country.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
China:

They are going to be a power center and a prominent one at that and for that they require proxies to further their interests and this is where a pakistan fits the bill just like a north korea or some African nation or a latin American country does.

Chinese will love you guys to do their stuff but at what cost, there is a very common saying, china will fight India till the last Pakistani, if that makes Pakistan happy, good for them.

Common adversary and India, not a chance. They have a Taiwan problem, a japan & south korea problem, an American problem, a Tibet problem, and then comes India and last I checked they were working out ways to improve relations with India, though our media likes to hype up things but then that's another issue why they do it.

Chinese are too mean and greedy to jeopardize their economic growth for anyone else, though they can use and throw anyone. They are way smarter than you give them credit.

Pakistan:

There is nothing independent about Pakistan, the foreign policy gets framed in Washington, Riyadh, and Beijing, so does the internal policy, recall a few months back on the issue of NRO first musharraf went to the ksa, then nawaz sharif butted off and not surprisingly soon enough rehman malik joined the party, heck quite literally the economy is run by these 3 state capitals, so will Pakistan be able to have any such policy when your armed forces, politicians and mullahs are all sellouts alike?

The good thing is Pakistan is ready to fall in the trap laid by the chinese, and it really does not concern me because it makes sure Pakistan is kept bogged down and far away from development which is a purpose well solved. We want Pakistan to match us ship for a ship, bullet for a bullet, please do precisely what ussr once did, not so long back amearican saved you from going backrupt but what will happen if one day the Americans say enough is enough and no more, chinese will never come because they never came when Pakistan was in deep trouble, see I told you they are way too smarter!

Bangladesh:

They have an Indian problem? That is seriously one big news, when did this happen, I thought they had a burma problem, a country which coincidently happens to be a chinese ally and if my memory does not fail me they were being wooed by the Americans, and from the looks of it they seem ready to play ball with them.

If I am not mistaken just recently India extended a 1b usd credit line to Bangladesh, so where is the problem, ah may be a small section but then such minority is every where, anit is? I am sure some Pakistanis want warm relations with India but does that mean that is how the main stream thinks?

------------------------

You have to understand partnerships happen between equals and there are no equals here, certainly not for china, for whom, if both Pakistan and Bangladesh are ready to oblige, at the end of the day be nothing more than proxies to further their interests. Bangladeshis understand this.

I was of the opinion that after being used and thrown by the Americans our Pakistani friends would have learnt the lessons but it seems they want another ride and this time from the chinese, all the very best, but be safe and don't sulk later on!

--------------------

You and I tend to believe we are the worst enemies, but guess what an American writing for wall street journal, Mr Paul Beckett, had to say when I pointed out to him that India and Pakistan are eternal enemies. And this is the guy who was supporting the suggestion of obama's cold shoulder to India on the Afghanistan issue on one of our talk shows.

2. Don't think "eternal enemy" quite does justice to the range of opinions in India about Pakistan right now, including the prime minister's since he seems determined to push for an ":eternal peace."

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2010/04/13/obama-singh-gilani-handshakes-and-afghanistan/
May be rather than military alliance, you should be thinking economic alliance, will do a world of good for the millions who have practically no future to look forward to in our part of the world, who at the end of the day have a million reasons to join BLA, ttp, Taliban, naxals, etc.

Rebelkid

The day china and Pakistan forms a military Union, i think we will be seeing B-2's flying over Islamabad...What do u expect from the Americans !!!

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
The day china and Pakistan forms a military Union, i think we will be seeing B-2's flying over Islamabad...What do u expect from the Americans !!!
I have one question - Why ?

Country flag
Why would China be interested in Pakistan or Bangladesh which have nothing to offer, when they have organizations like SCO which have resources like oil and money, Pakistan and Bangladesh are nothing for China and they would not embarrass themselves forming alliances with 2 basketcases of southeast asia.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Well am thinking of forming a military union between India, Equador and Congo. Even Seychelles can be an observer.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Military Union? Great Idea Troll (Hope you dont mind me calling you that, after all thats your name here). Let me tell you a better Idea, why dont the Pakistan Government just Abdicate, and Let the Chinese Rule over Pakistan? That way, India might get scared and give you all of Kashmir! And another good thing is, once China takes over Pakistan, the Bangladeshis will declare themselves East Chinese Pakistan and Come over too! Win Win for all involved, except for poor India! Well, we still got Maldives! :)

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
every body has allowed to have a wet dream carry on...............

Phenom

I don't know how Bangladesh even comes into the picture, they don't seem to be interested in fighting other people's battles and they don't have any battles to fight with India.
As far as China-Pakistan goes, they may have a military alliance, but it won't be an alliance between equals, it would only be a Master-Vassal relationship.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
China + Pakistan + Bangladesh = China.

Friendship is among equals. You guys are no more than client states.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Well well, lets not jump over the poor guy.

Now, to the thread starter. Lets come to your points one by one.

PROS

So ?
2> Common adversary
Common adversity against India is much smaller compared to Pakistani dependence on the US. If they want, Washington can paralyze Pakistan by cutting off all funds, weapons and diplomatic relations. And China ain't willing to pump billions, yet.
Peace and mutual tolerance can be acquired equally well without a military alliance.
Same as above.

Indo-Chinese efforts towards reconciliation are taking place furiously behind the curtains. China will not be stupid enough to re-ignite the enmity with a now much powerful India.

In the end, remember that any such partnership will not quite be an alliance. Pakistan will become a Chinese satellite, and your foreign and military matters will no longer be your discretion.
The only merit, if any, lies in the fact, that Chinese military bases in Pakistan might prove helpful in protection against an Indian attack, as any such offensive will automatically involve China.

FlameNtroll

all negative responses ... why not did i mention that they will be equal partners maybe china should have a bigger say and a veto or something an union like this is gurrantee the safety of the threat that bangladesh and pakistan face on a daily basis
why do you all think pakistan and bangladesh has nothing to offer pakistan why are people paranoid just because such an union will end so called indian dominance in the region it can be done

ok leave china out if you want what do you say bangladesh , pakistan and srilanka they can certainly form an union overlooked by china and still you think china wont be interested ,china is very much interested in these 3 countries and they will agree to this proposal of indirect involvement
joint weapons procurement from china
funds from china
project development from china

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
all negative responses ... why not did i mention that they will be equal partners maybe china should have a bigger say and a veto or something an union like this is gurrantee the safety of the threat that bangladesh and pakistan face on a daily basis
why do you all think pakistan and bangladesh has nothing to offer pakistan why are people paranoid just because such an union will end so called indian dominance in the region it can be done

ok leave china out if you want what do you say bangladesh , pakistan and srilanka they can certainly form an union overlooked by china and still you think china wont be interested ,china is very much interested in these 3 countries and they will agree to this proposal of indirect involvement
funds from china
Don't know what to respond to this but seriously mate what are you thinking? You want to officially sell your country to China or what? have u thought before typing or just typed for the heck of it

BunBunCake

all negative responses ...
Negative to you, not so much for us. Would you have said any better if i came up with a theory of Russia, China, and India coming together to rule Asia =heheh the world?

Why not did i mention that they will be equal partners maybe china should have a bigger say and a veto or something an union like this is gurrantee the safety of the threat that bangladesh and pakistan face on a daily basis
It's not China will have a 'bigger say', it's:
China will have total control over Pakistan and Bangladesh

Also, speak for yourself and for your own country. On what basis are you saying that Bangladesh faces a threat from India? You must be Half Pakistani and Half Bangladeshi. Or have you lived in Bangladesh before?

No no, we don't think. We know.
And good to know you are plotting to end India's domination in South Asia. But I doubt Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh will be willing to cooperate with Pakistan =)

Overlooked or dominated?
China won't be much stronger with this union you know. You three countries have nothing to offer. Your combined defense spending isn't equal to 1/10th of China's spending. I can compare in many fields.... but not needed. You get the point.

funds from china
Exactly what we were all saying. Thanks, so what will come from Pakistan and Bangladesh?

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles