China objects to AK Antony's Arunachal Pradesh visit

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
BEIJING: The Chinese foreign ministry has objected to the recent visit of defence minister AK Antony to Arunachal Pradesh, which Beijing claims to be its own. The ministry spokesman Hong Lei said on Saturday evening that India should refrain from taking any action that could complicate the border issue.

The official Xinhua news agency said Hong was reacting to reports of "Indian officials participating in activities organized by the so-called 'Arunachal Pradesh' region". Indian officials

Hong asked India to work with China to maintain peace and stability in border areas. China advocates seeking a fair and rational solution through equal and friendly negotiations, the spokesman said.

China had opposed the earlier visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Arunachal Pradesh. Put simply, Beijing does not want the central government to become more popular with the people of Arunachal Pradesh as it would make it difficult for China to press its claims over the region in future.

The Xinhua report said the officials pledged to guarantee the "safety" of the strategically important region have also pledged to guarantee the "safety" of the strategically important region, Xinhua noted referring to a Antony's participation in a five-day ceremony for celebrating the silver jubilee of Arunachal's statehood.

Now, China objects to defence minister AK Antony's Arunachal Pradesh visit - The Times of India

:scared2:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Hong Lei or Hu Flong Dong should first check if Tibetans take Tibet as a part of China first.

If Tibetans thought Tibet was a part of China, they would not have been locked out from the world because they are protesting against Han Imperialism.

And then he should open up his facial orifice!

sob

Mod
Country flag
They can get stuffed in the land where the sun never shines.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
All talk nothing concrete... those chicoms know that they can do nothing to us..... thats why they have kept quite... if they knew they could get what they wanted very easily, i dont think they would have even involved themselves in the boundary talks... so lets show middle finger to them and continue our work:finger::finger::finger:......

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
All talk nothing concrete... those chicoms know that they can do nothing to us..... thats why they have kept quiet... if they knew they could get what they wanted very easily, i dont think they would have even involved themselves in the boundary talks... so lets show middle finger to them and continue our work:finger::finger::finger:......
It is a strategy, they are constantly putting pressure on us, i.e. they are always on the offensive. Even though we are deflecting their offensive strategies, we need to step it up and get on the offensive, because only then can we even think of winning.
We should start with Tibet. I mean if they can make noise when our DM visits AP, we(GoI) can certainly show displeasure at the way Tibetans are treated and give more support to them Tibetans.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We should handle these stupidity with the contempt that it deserves.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I think we should buy Anthony, MMS and other union leaders summer houses in entire Arunachal and Sikkim. :D

This way we can constantly get the Chinese to whine about something or the other.

The communists are good jokers.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
It is a strategy, they are constantly putting pressure on us, i.e. they are always on the offensive. Even though we are deflecting their offensive strategies, we need to step it up and get on the offensive, because only then can we even think of winning.
We should start with Tibet. I mean if they can make noise when our DM visits AP, we(GoI) can certainly show displeasure at the way Tibetans are treated and give more support to them Tibetans.
If you take pressure as a pressure, only then you consider it one my friend. I don't think this immature whining should be even considered. Heck! The same principle applies to Pakistan when it talks about "kashmir issue". First we need to refuse to talk about these things.

The one good thing our government is doing is that they're ignoring this nonsense. These attention-seeking communists and Pakistanis want us to talk about it. There is no issue so why talk in first place? :)

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
If you take pressure as a pressure, only then you consider it one my friend. I don't think this immature whining should be even considered. Heck! The same principle applies to Pakistan when it talks about "kashmir issue". First we need to refuse to talk about these things.

The one good thing our government is doing is that they're ignoring this nonsense. These attention-seeking communists and Pakistanis want us to talk about it. There is no issue so why talk in first place? :)
Well maybe that's true. But we can't ignore them forever. They are keeping the issue alive. While we have timidly agreed that Tibet and Uighuristan or East Turkestan are undisputed Chinese territories, the Chinese never let any territorial dispute go against favoring themselves. We should covertly support Tibetans as much as we can and more importantly bring the world's attention to this issue and even more importantly, we must not let the Tibetan culture be hanized. I feel that Tibetan culture is much more similar to ours than to Han.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Well maybe that's true. But we can't ignore them forever. They are keeping the issue alive. While we have timidly agreed that Tibet and Uighuristan or East Turkestan are undisputed Chinese territories, the Chinese never let any territorial dispute go against favoring themselves. We should covertly support Tibetans as much as we can and more importantly bring the world's attention to this issue and even more importantly, we must not let the Tibetan culture be hanized. I feel that Tibetan culture is much more similar to ours than to Han.
Thats one of the few things that Nehru bas*ard fu(ked up for us..... We are still living in the same mindset... How many people in India even know the Tibet issue as much as the kashmir issue???? But as i said, i would not be surprised if the CONs sold us out...

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
India reiterates Arunachal is ours

New Delhi: Highly-placed government sources here have reacted sharply to Chinese remarks that India should refrain from taking any action that could "complicate" the border issue.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei had "asked India to work with China to maintain peace and stability in border areas" after Defence Minister AK Antony visited Arunachal Pradesh for its statehood celebrations.

Reacting to the remarks, government sources reiterated that Arunachal Pradesh is a part of India and that it was not the first time Antony had visited the northeastern state.

Hong stated that China advocates seeking a fair and rational solution through equal and friendly negotiations, adding Bejing's stance on Sino-Indian border issues, including disputes regarding the eastern section, has been consistent and clear-cut.

In his speech at the Silver Jubilee celebrations of Arunachal Pradesh at Itanagar on February 20, Antony had said, "We are aware of the challenges which people living in border areas face and it is our collective duty to ensure that our border areas are developed as any other part of the country."

Referring to the highly-sensitive nature of the state, he said that the importance of a secure, non-porous international border must continue to be the topmost priority area of the Centre.

"Arunachalees have always been known to be fiercely patriotic and yield to none in their love for the motherland," he had said.

China routinely takes exception to any high level visits of Indian officials to Arunachal Pradesh which it claims is a part of Southern Tibet. It was part of the discussion of the past 15 rounds of border talks by the Special Representatives by the two countries.

China also denies visa to people of Arunachal Pradesh as part of its claim to the area.

In a recent case, visa was denied to a senior Indian Air Force officer to visit China as part of defence delegation prompting New Delhi to scale down the size of the delegation.

(With agency inputs)

India reiterates Arunachal is ours

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Tibetans have kept the issue alive too. How much do Chinese pay heed to it? Nothing. Zero.

As for supporting something against the communists, we have to wait till this despicable and cowardly government leaves. Until we have the more aggressive NDA in power.

johnee

Tibetans have kept the issue alive too. How much do Chinese pay heed to it? Nothing. Zero.

As for supporting something against the communists, we have to wait till this despicable and cowardly government leaves. Until we have the more aggressive NDA in power.
NDA maybe relatively aggressive. NDA looks good because of the utterly degenerative alternative coalition(headed by anti-national Con). But, it would be good to remember that it was Vajpayee who acknowledged Tibet as part of China...

So, just NDA is not enough. An uncorrupt nationalistic leader and a good determined nationalistic policy is the need of the hour. And the only person suitable for the job right now is Sriman Modi ji.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
China's reaction on Arunachal highly objectionable

New Delhi: A day after Beijing said that New Delhi should refrain from taking any action that could "complicate" the border issue involving Arunachal Pradesh, Defence Minister AK Antony on Monday reiterated that the northeastern state is an integral part of India.

Speaking to reporters, Antony said, "I was surprised to read the Chinese reaction. It is very sad and highly objectionable. Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of India. As the Defence Minister of India it is my duty to ensure that all the borders of India are safe."

"Statements by China are objectionable. Arunachal Pradesh is a part of India like J&K. Northeast and any other state of India. As Defence Minister I can visit anywhere within my country," he added.

The Defence Minister's remarks came after Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei "asked India to work with China to maintain peace and stability in border areas" and objected to Antony's visit to the state.

Hong stated that China advocates seeking a fair and rational solution through equal and friendly negotiations, adding Beijing's stance on Sino-Indian border issues, including disputes regarding the eastern section, has been consistent and clear-cut.

The Chinese diplomat also called on India to desist from taking any action that could complicate the issue.

In his speech at the Silver Jubilee celebrations of Arunachal Pradesh at Itanagar on February 20, Antony had said, "We are aware of the challenges which people living in border areas face and it is our collective duty to ensure that our border areas are developed as any other part of the country."

Referring to the highly-sensitive nature of the state, he said that the importance of a secure, non-porous international border must continue to be the topmost priority area of the Centre.

"Arunachalees have always been known to be fiercely patriotic and yield to none in their love for the motherland," he had said.

The latest Chinese assertion on Arunachal Pradesh came more than a month after special representatives of India and China held the 15th round of boundary talks here to discuss a framework that can form the basis for resolving their decades-old boundary dispute.

Beijing's claims on Arunachal Pradesh are part of the boundary negotiations between the two rising Asian powers.

In the boundary negotiations, China has hardened stance on Arunachal Pradesh, part of its negotiating tactic to extract concessions from India in any final boundary settlement. Last month, China had denied visa to a senior Indian Air Force officer to visit that country as part of a defence delegation visiting that country. This had prompted New Delhi to scale down the size of the delegation.

'China's reaction on Arunachal highly objectionable'

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
India should say the same thing about Tibet after all we do recognize the Tibetan govt in exile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles