china navy out to rob money off fishermen in Asia Sea

bhramos

Country flag
STORY OF VIETNAMESE FISHERMEN WHO CAME BACK FROM THE WORLD OF DEATH

More than 7 days are passed but the fishermen who return from the hell in the distant sea, is still stunned because over 200 fishermen of 17 fishing ships were not only hit by storm called typhoon Ketsana (storm number 9 as Vietnamese called), but were beaten by armed men, and all of their property was robbed.
Having wrestled with the ocean waves for 3 days, drifted and dispersed in the ocean to return mainland, the fishermen have recounted the horrified hours at sea to VNN reporters, with regards to three times escaping from the death, more than 192 hours of choking because the death was suspended on the top of their heads...

The horror at middle of the distant sea

After being chased by terrible storm over two days and nights amid the distant sea, when they went to the standstill, on 28th September evening, the 17 fishing ships with over 200 fishermen of Ly Son island and Binh Chau commune (Binh Son district, Quang Ngai province) ran into Hoang Sa Island (English name: Paracel Island) to shelter from the storm.
Nguyen Van Bay - the old man who has just escaped from the death and come back home together with more than 10 other crew members of QNg-5012 fishing ship is still stunned because of the horrified hours which he witnessed and said that he has not ever experienced it before. He is an expert fisherman who has ever been wave-rode, wind-rode, haughty on many hurricanes at the middle of the distant sea for over thirty years.

(IMG:http://images.vietnamnet.vn/dataimages/200910/original/images1869196_Ngu dan 3.JPG)
The fishing ship of Mr. Truong Minh Quang - living in Binh Chau, Binh
Son, Quang Ngai- came back in tattered status cause of storming and
robbing.

The thing made him stunned is the way in which men treated with others. He himself witnessed ones that wearing chinese navy uniform beat ruthlessly and persecuted his co-worker on Paracel islands when his boat and more than 10 others put in the islands on September 28th to escape from the storm in an impasse.
“I received the information of storm (typhoon Ketsana) on September 27th while controlling my boat at 16.04N and 115.01E. Then captain Nguyen Van Bay and I drove it to find a place to shelter” he recalled.
The calamity-never-fear man related: “at that time, the storm had not come yet but wind was rising. Waves covered the cabin totally. Could not return, I and my partners bailed out the ship and tried to drive towards Paracel islands to shelter. It was coming soon. Unfortunately, the machine failed to work. Having no another way, I called ship QNg-90078-T5, that led by captain Truong Minh Quang, to come back and pulled it. Truong Minh Quang is the captain of QNg-90078-T5 and ship’s owner, too. He was not scared of danger, came back and pulled QNg-5012 ship, which the machine was broke down when escaping from the storm. Togerther with 14 other ships of Ly Son residents, they arrived to Paracel islands at 3 pm on the afternoon of September 28th. Immediately, bullets from naval ships berthed in the port were shot thickly towards them.

(IMG:http://images.vietnamnet.vn/dataimages/200910/original/images1869194_Ngu dan 1.JPG)
Pilot Nguyen Van Bay was checking the robbed boat after returned
land.

Captain Truong Minh Quang, who was also in distress with Mr. Bay, continued his narrative: “When being disturbed with storm behind and bullets in front; we decided to move the ships far away from the port and reported via telephone to the administration of Quang Ngai province for their intervening and helping.
Till 9 pm on the same day, wind squalled strongly, waves severely tided and covered all 17 ships with more than 200 people (including 14 ships from Ly Son islet and 3 ships from Binh Chau – Binh Son – reporter). Impossible to bear the squalls, we lost connection with mainland; no way out, we decided to hang white flags, concurrently started engines and rushed into Paracel islands, hoping to survive.
Luckily; wind blew too strongly; since bullets from arm-boats no longer kept on. We were so happy, embraced each other, cried and shouted: “We alived!”.

Escape from storm, encounter the robbers.

After two days sheltered in Paracel islands, were tattered by storm and driven away by strangers, but all of the fishermen still were unhurt. When the storm abated, sea became calm and strong wind no longer existed, all 17 ships hurried off and weighed anchor to go offshore.
When the ships got ready to go out, suddenly an armed-boat with number sign of 1312 blocked the way. Concurrently, a group of strangers wearing Chinese navy uniforms with firearms and large hammers, axes, crowbars.... jumped onto the fishing ships to inspect papers and search thoroughly.

(IMG:http://images.vietnamnet.vn/dataimages/200910/original/images1869197_NGU DAN.JPG)
Captain Truong Minh Quang and Le Tram told the story about
their ships were tattered by storm and robbed when sheltering.

Captain Truong Minh Quang related: “At that time I was all of the sudden, I only heard a crew member who jumped onto my ship from the gunboat asking for captain. I had stepped up onto the front; then they pointed their guns at me and forced me to raise my hands up”.
A beefy man came and choked me, then started to ransack my body and deprived my watch, gold necklace and over 800,000 VND in my pocket. Too panic, I told my crew to give them all our properties to avoid being beaten and keep our lives. Where there is live, there is hope…”
Another fisherman on Mr. Quang’s ship, Truong Van Tram, may be his beefy body is a reason, was beaten without any explanations with some slaps. He was choked and fell over the deck. Moreover, they pitilessly deprived a watch of this poor fisher’s hand.
“They were too crowded and armed with axes, hammers…, while I was too scared and hid behind the cockpit, a beefy man came and slapped on my face two times, my blood spilled all over my face, I fell over the deck and swooned…” Tram retold in fear.
“Did not stop, they used their hammers to demolish some casks of water and they didn’t forget to rob our oil barrels, long-ranged ICOM, fish-finder, and locating device. After that, they pitilessly used hammers to cut and robbed all of the diving ropes and seafood before leaving out to another boat. Luckily, they didn’t take the compass mounted in front of the cockpit, so we can find the direction to come back home.”
The same fate as Mr. Quang’s, the ship in distress with the failed engine of Mr. Nguyen Van Tau, drawn by Mr. Quang’s ship on the way to escape from the storm, suffered from the same tragic plight of robbing, demolishing and beating up.
Continued with Mr. Quang’s narration, his crew was so luckier than those of Ly Son’s ships. Because these ships had tried to conceal properties before the troops came into; they didn’t see any valuable things, so these soldier-bandits beat the fishermen brutally to force them to reveal where machines and properties were hidden.
Many poor members on Ly Son ships were beaten up. The terrible story when they escaped from the storm No.9 in Paracel Islands was related by Mr. Duong Van Tho and his son with the unfading fear remaining on their faces.
On September 30th morning, when they were preparing to set sail, suddenly a troops with guns in hands jumped on his ship. “At that time, I and my crew were all of the sudden because we thought that our ship was just like other countries’ ones, we came to evade the storm then went off, and would not be interrogated.
But dozens of AK47 pointed at us, everyone only knelt down, put our hands up. An officer accompanied with the troops so that no one was beaten, but everything was gathered quickly: ICOM talkie, water analyzer, four rolls of diving ropes, locating device… All the properties on ship were wholly robbed; there were only an empty ship and a compass left. After finished, this troops left for another ship…” Mr. Tho still remembered in detail.
Seeing those strangers were outside, Mr. Le Du, Nguyen Luu… had tried to hide properties agilely before the troops approached. Did not find anything, they rushed into and beat the fishermen brutally.
The troops jumped onto the board, pointed their knives at his face and asked for where the ICOM talkie was. Mr. Du said that he didn’t know with a shake of the head. Then the chain on his neck was taken out. A guy nearby rushed to make a snatch at the chain and put it in his pocket.
The other guys gestured to the men on the board to release anything in pocket. Knowing that they would beat; Mr. Du gave them his cell and some cash to avoid being beaten.
However, before leaving, this troop used hammers to break eight rolls of diving ropes up. Two guys turned round and asked about the engine, Mr. Du pointed at beside ship and said that because of setting sail together so that they had just an engine (and it had been taken).
More ruthlessly, they saw Le Hop (son of Mr. Du, fifteen years old) was the smallest one; two guys lifted him up, put him lie across the cabin’s window and began to torture.
“Two beefy guys started coming to blows, slapping, I felt stunned. Then their hobnailed boots poked me in the ribs in turn, I swooned without any consciousness. Then, they left…”, Le Hop related in fear and trembling.
Having seen the troops jump into the nearby ships, Mr Luu and his son immediately hid machines and mobiles into a rice barrel in the ship roar.
When the troops came into his ship and saw the mobile charger at a corner, all of them started to torture the fishermen to find the mobile. Both father and son were seriously beaten. The son, named Tam, 19 years old, after series of punches directed towards his face, was dripping with blood; he was also kicked into the side by nails shoes. Did not bear with this torture; the men revealed the hiding place.
The thrashing had still continued and became more and more seriously. Mr. Luu and his son and all of 12 men in the ship are the worst beaten men because they were accused of “telling lie” and “not deposing”.
Mr. Luu remembered: “After more than 30 minutes had been beaten on the ship; when 13 seamen were dripping with blood in their faces, swooned and fell down; the troops left the ship but they did not forget to demolish all things available and rob all furniture, except the compass in cabin because it is not worth any way”.
One by one, 17 ships, which belong to the fishermen, who are citizens of An Hai commune (Ly Son islet) and Binh Chau commune (Binh Son – Quang Ngai), were raided; the men were robbed and mercilessly beaten. Finishing their “work” in one ship, the troops jumped immediately onto the others.
The troops continued to beat, threatened force with black muzzles, knives, hammers, crowbars. They robbed all things that they could in the ships; demolished all things that they could see: machines, foods, fresh water tanks... all were chopped to holes and smashed to pieces.
In average calculation, each ship lost about 80 million VND, including machines for fishing such as ICOM, locating devices, diving ropes, oil... This calculation did not include the other losses which could not count by money.
Two days had been tattered by storm. After the storm was over, the fishermen still were robbed and beaten. 17 ships were more tattered. In the way to come back home, these ships had no connecting devices. They have just depended on small compasses to grope the way and were attacked again and drifted away by the tides which shaped after the storm.

Collecting information about the maltreated fishermen.

Talked on Oct. 13 about information regarding to more than 200 Vietnamese fishermen were beaten and robbed by the Chinese when they sheltered from the storm in Hoang Sa (Paracel islands); both Mr. Nguyen Viet Thang, president of Vietnam Fisheries Society (VINAFIS) and Mr. Tran Cao Muu, General Secretary of the Society said that they knew this information of the matter.
According to Mr. Tran Cao Muu, until evening of Oct. 13, the Society had not received any reports or official documents from Quang Ngai administration related to the matter. But the Society leaders basically knew the situation.
Although the Society have not received any report, according to Mr. Muu, if the information which newspaper released is true, this is serious matter and the Society leaders agreed that when they received a official report from Quang Ngai, the Society would send an official document to Embassy of China to Vietnam to protest the maltreated action.
Mr. Muu believed that action of anyone who hinder, do not receive and rescue the victim of storm in the sea is inhuman. These people obey the international rules of rescuing sea victims.
Especially, to maltreat, beat fishermen, including children; to rob, demolish furniture and fishing equipments of fishermen after allow them to shelter from storm is a evil act.
According to Mr. Truong Ngoc Nhi, vice president of Quang Ngai People Committee, the committee guided the province headquarter of border defense army to co-ordinate with Binh Son district and Ly Son isle to collect information from the fishermen, who were beaten and robbed when 21 ships came into Paracel islands to shelter from the storm number 9 (Vietnamese name of typhoon Ketsana).

VietNamNet

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
probably a typo ?
Is there indeed such a thing as the "Asia Sea " ?

ParacelVietnam

This is true!

Hello, my friends!
I'm Vietnamese and I can tell you that it is a true story and it is not the first!

The story happened in Paracel Island in South China Sea (as the world call), which is claimed by both China and Vietnam. It belonged to Vietnam before 1974, but at that time, China navy occupied it by force and still staying there up to now.

Back to the story, this is my government response:

VN condemns inhumane acts against fishermen
09:56 | 22/10/2009

VGP – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) on Wednesday sent a diplomatic note to the Chinese Ambassador to oppose acts of inhumanity made by Chinese military personnel against Vietnamese fishermen.

Vietnamese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Nguyễn Phương Nga made the statement in response to reporters’ questions.

It was reported that when trying to settle from tropical storm Ketsana in Việt Nam’s Hoàng Sa Archipelago in late September, 16 Vietnamese fishing boats were fired by Chinese armed forces which are occupying the island group. The fishermen were beaten and their properties and equipment seized after the storm was over.

Việt Nam strongly opposes to these inhumane behaviors, said the Spokesperson.

The MoFA also required China’s competent agencies to early investigate the case, punish the violators, compensate the Vietnamese fishermen and prevent such behaviors from happening again.
VGP News | VN condemns inhumane acts against fishermen - VN condemns inhumane acts against fishermen

Till now, there's no answers from Chinese government.

I will back to tell you some stories which similar with this story.

qilaotou

The VG government should not have encouraged fishmen to go there protesting. What can you expect from armed border guards? Offer you a cup of coffee with a few cookies?

South Viets illegally occupied the islands for sometime and it doesn't mean they are yours. Vietnam had been a vassal state to China for hundreds of years until French took it. Where were the Vietnamese when the Chinese fleet sailed around South China Sea since 15th century?

ParacelVietnam

The VG government should not have encouraged fishmen to go there protesting. What can you expect from armed border guards? Offer you a cup of coffee with a few cookies?

South Viets illegally occupied the islands for sometime and it doesn't mean they are yours. Vietnam had been a vassal state to China for hundreds of years until French took it. Where were the Vietnamese when the Chinese fleet sailed around South China Sea since 15th century?
Oh! How nice are you!

Firstly, though the Vietnamese fishermen came into Chinese territories in purpose of escaping storm, the Chinese military should help them to survive as international general rules.

See what Vietnamese navy acted in the same situations:
http://vnexpress.net/GL/Xa-hoi/2009/11/3BA15445/
This news said that Vietnamese navy saved 8 lives of Chinese sailors in Lucky Dragon ship, which hit by storm today morning (11.3)!

Secondly, Vietnam is independent country, we always expelled the Chinese aggressors in thousands years!

Finally, Spratly and Paracels islands completely belong to Vietnam, as all the following evidences prove:
THE HOANG SA AND TRUONG SA VIETNAMESE TERRITORIES - Di?n ?àn Hoàng Sa
For World: Hoang Sa and Truong Sa of Vietnam - Di?n ?àn Hoàng Sa
Bài d?ch lu?n án c?a h?c gi? Nguy?n Nhã - Di?n ?àn Hoàng Sa

There are so many evidences which cannot to be reject!
Nice to see you and hope you will think back about what you said!

S.A.T.A

Pirates of the South China sea(with Captain Ling Langda) coming to soon the shores near you..... :)

Chicom navy turned pirates can put even the somali upstarts to shame !

Country flag
why do nations have to prove their territory belongs to them to China? After annexing Tibet China is still not satisfied seems like they want to steal as much territory as they can.
When a criminal is not punished for his crime it just gives him more confidence in his future crimes.

qilaotou

why do nations have to prove their territory belongs to them to China? After annexing Tibet China is still not satisfied seems like they want to steal as much territory as they can.
When a criminal is not punished for his crime it just gives him more confidence in his future crimes.
Did India not steal Tibetan territory? Did China steal Sikkim, Kashmir, Assam, Nagaland or Manipur?

ParacelVietnam

Did India not steal Tibetan territory? Did China steal Sikkim, Kashmir, Assam, Nagaland or Manipur?
There are simply answers for your questions: YES!
Before invaded by China in 1950, Tibet was a independent kingdom.
Sikkim, Kashmir... were all dependent kingdoms which are belong Indian Sup-continent. They are must belong to India, China only illegally occupied them without any reasons!

indiana

dude , i guess China didn´t exist any more in the world since 12th century, while Mongolian ruled by Genghis Khan conquered the whole China , Tibet ... and everywhere in asia they were , except japan, vietnam, india , burma, thailand ...

Only Japan and Vietnam stopped the Mongolian invasion at the height of the Mongols power. Japan 2 times in sea battle , Vietnam 3 times in land battle. And China was in total control of Mongolian over 100 years.

Now you claim Mogolia, Vietnam and Japan as yours own sovereighty , don´t make me laugh any more, dude:india:

[mod] Don't post in all bold[/mod]

condorlp2006

dude , i guess China didn´t exist any more in the world since 12th century, while Mongolian ruled by Genghis Khan conquered the whole China , Tibet ... and everywhere in asia they were , except japan, vietnam, india , burma, thailand ...

Only Japan and Vietnam stopped the Mongolian invasion at the height of the Mongols power. Japan 2 times in sea battle , Vietnam 3 times in land battle. And China was in total control of Mongolian over 100 years.

Now you claim Mogolia, Vietnam and Japan as yours own sovereighty , don´t make me laugh any more, dude
:india:
and East EU, Moskva, Arab,... of course,...
Everycountry belongs to China Kings - sons of God :twizt: , and now China have historical proof for this claim !
:twizt::twizt::twizt:

condorlp2006

To rob money 'snot a extremely crime ; but shoot, hit fishermen who try to survive in storm, it 's so inhumane .
Those robber 're chinese soldiers, it 's so bad pic of PLA !

smiling_scorpion

There are simply answers for your questions: YES!
Before invaded by China in 1950, Tibet was a independent kingdom.
Sikkim, Kashmir... were all dependent kingdoms which are belong Indian Sup-continent. They are must belong to India, China only illegally occupied them without any reasons!
are you discussing history?with your logic,you should check the china's map of2000 years ago,where's vietnam?it's a part of China.funny?

ParacelVietnam

are you discussing history?with your logic,you should check the china's map of2000 years ago,where's vietnam?it's a part of China.funny?
Ah ha! You make me so fun! Please read back your nation history! You can find out that the modern China has just established since early XX century! Where did the Han first located? How large was it? Only small area in Northern Yellow river!

zhlee

Ah ha! You make me so fun! Please read back your nation history! You can find out that the modern China has just established since early XX century! Where did the Han first located? How large was it? Only small area in Northern Yellow river!

Are you discussing history before Emperor Qin Shi Huang ? 221BC? Or earlier ?

We all came from the land of Africa, they said...

ParacelVietnam

Are you discussing history before Emperor Qin Shi Huang ? 221BC? Or earlier ?

We all came from the land of Africa, they said...
So Qin Shi Huang united Sikkim, Tibet, Kashmir and so on to China??? Where did the Great Wall located??:twizt:

zhlee

History is not legend. There is something we can find, not endless arguing.

In "嘉庆重修一统志" (Revised uniformed annal of Emperor Jia Qing) (Emperor Jia Qing ruled between 1796-1820) volume No 553 recorded that:

“先是,阮福映表请以‘南越’二字锡封。上谕大学士等曰:‘南越’之名,所包甚广。考之前史,今广东、广西地亦在其内。阮福映即有安南,亦不过交趾故地,何得遽称‘南越’?该国先有越裳旧地,后有安南全壤。天朝褒赐国号,著用‘越南’二字,以‘越’字冠其上,仍其先世疆域;以‘南’字列于下,表其新赐藩封;且在百越之南,著于《时宪书》内,将‘安南’改为‘越南’”。

The brief content says:

阮福映 (Ruan Fu Ying) (Nguyễn Phúc Ánh) asked for emperor of Qing to use the name 'King of 南越 (Nan Yue , should like Nam-Viet)'. But some Qing government scholars thought “南越” was more like a massive land in south China, the name was not suitable. So the Emperor made the two letters reordered as '越南' (Yue Nan, also Vietnam). From then on, the 安南(An Nan) became Vietnam.

zhlee

So Qin Shi Huang united Sikkim, Tibet, Cashmir and so on to China??? Where did the Great Wall located??:twizt:
Do you still want to talk about history over 2000 years before?

You should know Qin is a name hundreds (or thousands) of years before the name Sikkim, Tibet, Kashmir or Vietnam.

In fact, Tibet was not in Qin's territory, and also you can not find any history record of Tibet then. We can only know that there were human activities before Christ. But does this mean anything? China has a very very long history, that's why my sense of history is totally different from yours.

And, another thing you should know is that the north part of nowadays Vietnam was in the Qin's territory. But I am sure that the locals at 200BC in ‘Vietnam’ have not any relationship with people in Vietnam now.

indiana

Do you still want to talk about history over 2000 years before?

You should know Qin is a name hundreds (or thousands) of years before the name Sikkim, Tibet, Cashmir or Vietnam.

In fact, Tibet was not in Qin's territory, and also you can not find any history record of Tibet then. We can only know that there were human activities before Christ. But does this mean anything? China has a very very long history, that's why my sense of history is totally different from yours.

And, another thing you should know is that the north part of nowadays Vietnam was in the Qin's territory. But I am sure that the locals at 200BC in ‘Vietnam’ have not any relationship with people in Vietnam now.
as i know , Tibet was conquered by Quin dynasty (17th century - early 20th century). Quin dynasty is certainly authority for China , but Quin dynasty is not Chinese ( Han). They´re Manchu´s nation from the north, beside of North Korea

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles