China Mulls Buying Russian Submarines

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
State arms exporter Rosoboronexport has signed a framework agreement with China on the joint development and construction of four non-nuclear Amur-1650 conventional submarines for the Chinese Navy, a news report said Thursday.

The final contract is tentatively worth $2 billion and is expected to be signed by the parties no earlier than 2015, Kommersant reported.

The agreement stipulates for two of the submarines to be built in Russia and two in China, with special provisions in place in the contract to ensure that no intellectual property is copied from the Russian side, a source close to Rosoboronexport told the business daily.

An additional agreement for the first stage of work could be signed by the end of the year, he said, adding that a Russian contractor had not yet been selected for construction of the submarines.

China may become the first buyer of the Amur-1650 submarines, beating out India and Venezuela, both of which previously expressed interest, Kommersant said.

Another source close to the arms exporter said the submarine contract "is very important for Russia and tops the presidential list of projects with China."

Read more: China Mulls Buying Russian Submarines | Business | The Moscow Times
The Moscow Times

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
seeing is believing.for me after the case of su 35 export to china

will only believe when they reach china

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Is there other sources confirming this?
Like ? Blog posts from Chinese military insiders ?
Even Pakis were begging Germans for U-214 (but because of cash crunch and no soft loan from Germany deal couldn't be finalized :rolleyes:) before settling for Qing Class (?) :rofl::rofl:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Russian are trying there level best to create confusion.

want to sell of there products by such tactics.or give PR to there products

wasn't su 35 deal denied by chinese officially?if i am nt wrong

hbogyt

China does not need Amur-1650.
China would like to get some.
China has the funding to do so.
The rest are speculations, including the "China has nothing but rust buckets."

I offer a speculation here for kicks, that, assuming this deal is true, China is trying to steal whatever it has not already stolen one last time in a classic pump and dump.

Broccoli

wasn't su 35 deal denied by chinese officially?if i am nt wrong
I believe they did. SU-35 rumors are probably used to convince other countries that SU-35 has a future and is a worth of buying, but Russians themselves have only handful of SU-35's.

There could be something similar going on with this news, but we'll see what happens.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I believe they did. SU-35 rumors are probably used to convince other countries that SU-35 has a future and is a worth of buying, but Russians themselves have only handful of SU-35's.

There could be something similar going on with this news, but we'll see what happens.
very well said brother

a simple trick to sell off there submarines

isnt this sub in the tender for indian navy?
the same sub?

GromHellscream

This rumor has lasted almost a week in China forums, where the majority opinion agreed on that this one is a good deal.

Broccoli

very well said brother

a simple trick to sell off there submarines

isnt this sub in the tender for indian navy?
the same sub?
Yes, Russians should be aware that this won't help them sell same subs to India. Currently both China and India are using Russian fighters (SU-30) and submarines (KILO) already, but if this news is true then it's quite certain that India won't be operating Amur class in future.

Let's wait and see.

Last edited:

hbogyt

Correction of my own post. I actually meant hump and dump, not pump and dump.

GromHellscream

Yes, Russians should be aware that this won't help them sell same subs to India. Currently both China and India are using Russian fighters (SU-30) and submarines (KILO) already, but if this news is true then it's quite certain that India won't be operating Amur class in future.

Let's wait and see.
Related to Amur/Lada class, what China is interested in are:

First, its mixtured structure of single&double hulls, as PLAN is considering to transfer their future fleet into single hull submarines but lacks of operational experince in the design of single hull;

Second, its conformal sonar arrays, first operated one in the world even before USN future similar project for SSN;

Third, its heavy torpedo.

Russia might be interested in having a look at Chinese sterlin engine syetems.
As i know, their fuel cells system for AIP failed in research stage.

As long as China get the research samples he wants, we don't mind to whom Russia will sell these submarines.
Anyway, the majority of future underwater fleet will not consist of Amur class.
And India has many sellers waiting in line, nothing changed without Russia.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Since when are Russians getting big mouth like Indians?

Sent from Huawei Ascend T8830

G90

The russian news sources has already bought a few hundreds Su-33/35, Tu-22, T-80, Mi-24 for China, so its really no harm to buy a few russiki submarine for China either:rofl:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I am sure russian can make the state of the art rumors and indians can make the state of the arts paper plans :rofl:
why are you guys buying them ? we want state of the art subs because we cant make them.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles