China-India: Revisiting the ‘Water Wars’ Narrative

rohit.gr77

So is your ar$$ burning over the Chinese project?
Not at all. We are just a few good samaritans who are concerned for the ecosystem of our small neighbours.
But that in any ways does not answer my question whether China consulted BD before building dam? Yes or No?

rockey 71

Not at all. We are just a few good samaritans who are concerned for the ecosystem of our small neighbours.
But that in any ways does not answer my question whether China consulted BD before building dam? Yes or No?
Ask them. Why are you asking me,man?

bose

Country flag
Not interested, better to leave you ungrateful Bangladeshis to your own fate.
Whatever you do the Bngladeshi's are always unhappy with you... It was these Bangladshis who started we [read Muslims ] and you [ Hindus] ... we are different from you all... It was their brilliant idea to divide Bengal in the name of religion after licking British A$$ for 200 years...... Now they come crying after creating a bad blood between brothers...

It is to be remembered that it was Late Jyoti Basu former Chief Minister of West Bengal took lot of courage to finalize the Ganga water sharing accord inspite of oppositions and the now we face difficulties of the Hoogly silting plaguing the Kolkata port now...

If you happen to meet Bangladeshis you will find their ungratefulness ... they refuse to accept the help India gave for their independence ... When their women were raped by the Khan senas they came running to us KUFARS for help ..

Bangladeshi hate for India one can see when they lost to India in resent Cricket world cup in Australia... I happen to see one such program in ATN Bangla on the very night they lost... It was unimaginable if you understand Bengali...

rockey 71

Whatever you do the Bngladeshi's are always unhappy with you... It was these Bangladshis who started we [read Muslims ] and you [ Hindus] ... we are different from you all... It was their brilliant idea to divide Bengal in the name of religion after licking British A$$ for 200 years...... Now they come crying after creating a bad blood between brothers...

It is to be remembered that it was Late Jyoti Basu former Chief Minister of West Bengal took lot of courage to finalize the Ganga water sharing accord inspite of oppositions and the now we face difficulties of the Hoogly silting plaguing the Kolkata port now...

If you happen to meet Bangladeshis you will find their ungratefulness ... they refuse to accept the help India gave for their independence ... When their women were raped by the Khan senas they came running to us KUFARS for help ..

Bangladeshi hate for India one can see when they lost to India in resent Cricket world cup in Australia... I happen to see one such program in ATN Bangla on the very night they lost... It was unimaginable if you understand Bengali...

Nope, we are not ungrateful. How do you conclude we are? India also had her own agenda of breaking up Pakistan. Again, just because you help[ed us does not give you the right to stop waters flowing into our rivers. Indians must realize any big-brotherly attitude is counterproductive to friendship. Look around, you need our friendship rather than the other way round.

bose

Country flag
Nope, we are not ungrateful. How do you conclude we are? India also had her own agenda of breaking up Pakistan. Again, just because you help[ed us does not give you the right to stop waters flowing into our rivers. Indians must realize any big-brotherly attitude is counterproductive to friendship. Look around, you need our friendship rather than the other way round.
I have met many Bangladeshis in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, London, Manchester, Los Angeles ... I know what I am saying...

Indian army was reluctant to go into East Pakistan and resisted for long...it was only after political pressure from Indira [after some understanding with Mujib] they went into... they lost some 12,000 to 15,000 men for whom ?? There were 10 million people as refugee in West Bengal then in 1971. India was not in a position to feed them still we we hosted them with dignity... West Bengal then was itself in grave political turmoil with naxal uprising...

India still have very bad relation with Pakistan, even if the theory of dividing Pakistan be considered that does not mean one can be little the sacrifice of the Indian Army for Bangladesh ... Did you think that without Indian Army's support or help you would have achieved independence... Tikka Khan would have made another Baluchistan out of East Bengal ...Pakistan with help of Al Badar etc would have curbed the movement in few months...

Let me tell you we Indians does not want Bangladeshis to rise up in feet and in every drop of hat to tell us how much [read Indians ] have done ... Indians understand one's country's izzat is paramount and is same for Bangladesh too ... at least Bangladeshis stop belittling the Indian Army contribution to war of liberation of Bangladesh...

Regarding sharing river water with Bangladesh, India will never eat into anything that belongs to other countries...because we Indians does not want it... It does not help us in long run ... India does not gain anything by taking water from Bangladesh share ... India has a federal structure and dependent on states governments support... it takes time to get things moving in India with state and central government are at logger heads most the time... there are instances with in India where one state blocking water to another state...

India is soft state... It will only re acts if when it feels its interests are at stake...

Now a incident from my life:

It was in 1978, then I was myself a 12 year old boy, I was growing up in Dhanbad then in the Hindi speaking state of Bihar, I saw a Bangladeshi wandering aimless, he came to our small shop hearing us speaking Bengali, someone promised him to take to Saudi Arabia or some middle eastern country for job and left him in the Dhanbad railway station...This guy was suddenly found in a place where few people understand Bengali... I took him to a local Masjid, they refused to help him inspite knowing the Bangladeshi was a Muslim...

I asked my mother for Rs 50 then in those days it was quite an amount, to help the Bangladeshi to go back to his country / home... Then Rs 50 was big amount for us from lower middle class family ... I took him to the railway station and bid good bye...

It is perfectly fine to fight for one's country's right there is no issue with it anyone but I will caution all Bangladeshis of using the same for political purpose and spread hate ...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles