China hits out at India for leaving it out of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium

yang

I don't think there is anything wrong in us following this policy given that China in the past has followed the same policy against us...
You mean SCO,or something else,I know little about that,can you write them in details?

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
^^ UN, APAC, ASEAN to mention a few.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
You mean SCO,or something else,I know little about that,can you write them in details?
Yes, and the ones that Vinod mentioned... I'm sure other members will be more than happy to elaborate on what I actually mean...

ZOOM

Founding Member
China's uneasiness for getting ommitted from Indian Naval symposium steam will surely going to let thing spiral down further. China's exclusion will invoke incoming patrolling my Chinese Nucler submarines in the indian ocean to keep some surveillance on Indian Naval ships which propell India to reach newer height to counter the same at a great cost. Most probably, we would likely to see some increase in Naval Exercise with Pakistani, Arab and East asian navies in order to gain introductory foothold into Indian Ocean.

As India has no other choice but to expand its Naval Presence rapidly by acquiring newer ships and improving its survelliance capabilities in and around Andman and Nicobar Island.

fateh71

It was always going this way. China has only created problems for India in international fora. Their use of Pakistan to contain India to south asia has been very clear, and something that we should let chinese know very clearly too. While China moves into Indian ocean, India must move eastward, its natural.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
It was always going this way. China has only created problems for India in international fora. Their use of Pakistan to contain India to south asia has been very clear, and something that we should let chinese know very clearly too. While China moves into Indian ocean, India must move eastward, its natural.
India is not in a position to demonstrate and project power/force in the South China seas.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Neither is China in a position to dominate the IOR. In fact, until the USN is present in the region, neither the Indian nor Chinese navies can achieve a dominant position in each other's waters. Maybe 30 or 40 years from now, the Chinese navy will be able to challenge the USN. By then, I'll be either retired or dead or both lol.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India and US are nearly allies now. The navies of the two countries are now trying to work together and achieve interoperability. That is something thats giving China sleepless nights as the Indian ocean region is its lifeline. So its basically going to be the Chinese navy maneuvering against Indian and US navies.

yang

^^^ Please do so Yang, and please do give us your views...
I have scaned and skimmed the page for the information is so abundant.And India is accepted as an observer,and the main purpose is "to serve as a counterbalance to NATO and the United States and in particular to avoid conflicts that would allow the United States to intervene in areas bordering both Russia and China.",and it has rejected the application of US for a observer status.
May be the offensive issues are among the External links,please forgive me ,I can't check all the links,so what's the problem in SCO?

yang

India and US are nearly allies now. The navies of the two countries are now trying to work together and achieve interoperability. That is something thats giving China sleepless nights as the Indian ocean region is its lifeline. So its basically going to be the Chinese navy maneuvering against Indian and US navies.
Yes,India and US are allies for a long time,and the military ties between you have become even more close since the direct confrontation between China and US in South Chinasea.
That is really a threat to China,and the situation between India and China is just like two bad neighborhoods.And we are always staring at each other's window,and take care of every tiny sound come from the other side of the wall.And that made both of us tired and exhausted,we can't be fully engaged into our own job(we stuck into a lot of troubles in development ),and that cost us a lot to get more nutrition(modernise our military,and arm to the teeth).

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It all started when China stabbed us in the back. So India will always be wary of China.
An old Chinese proverb says, you can dodge a spear from front, but not an arrow from behind. So India is now always showing it's face to China. We don't want to be attacked from behind again.

yang

It all started when China stabbed us in the back. So India will always be wary of China.
An old Chinese proverb says, you can dodge a spear from front, but not an arrow from behind. So India is now always showing it's face to China. We don't want to be attacked from behind again.
You know a lot about China.:113:
The original proverb is "明枪易躲,暗箭难防"。‘明枪’is a spear point at you,and it is clearly visible,'易' means 'easy','躲'means 'avoid';'暗箭' is the arrow hide in some corner,and you can't notice ,'难'means 'hard','防' means 'defend'.
The gereral meaning is that:you are in a dangerous situation,and you should be cautious all the time,for there are so many risks beneath the careful disguise.
But I think the public things can't be defined as '暗箭'(arrows behind),China showed its dissatisfaction frankly.

zraver

Professional
Yes,India and US are allies for a long time,and the military ties between you have become even more close since the direct confrontation between China and US in South Chinasea.
That is really a threat to China,and the situation between India and China is just like two bad neighborhoods.And we are always staring at each other's window,and take care of every tiny sound come from the other side of the wall.And that made both of us tired and exhausted,we can't be fully engaged into our own job(we stuck into a lot of troubles in development ),and that cost us a lot to get more nutrition(modernise our military,and arm to the teeth).

China screwed up, first it complained publicly about US debt levels which cost us billions because of the instability it introduced into the market. That is an economic attack, then it attacked an unarmed US vessel in international water followed by the announcement of an anti-carrier ballistic missile and a hacker attack on the F-35 program. These are only the four latest incidents where China got to big for its britches. If a USN/IN/JNSDF/RoKN alliance gives China a few sleepless nights good, maybe China will realize as powerful as China is, its not a hyper-power the the US is nor anywhere close to the combined might of 4 of the 6 most powerful countries in Asia.

Chna treats the rest of the world like subhumans. China won't respect copyrights, technology transfer agreements, other states borders, intenrational law, UN agendas or just about anything else. China only does what China thinks is good for China. China is the enemy.

And China can't blame Indian for realizing that self evident truth. JF-17, Al Khalid, AL-100 MLRS, nuclear weapons, ballistic missiles, cruise missiles etc all given to Pakistan. Meanwhile China refuses to recognize the international borders, UN laws on such, has invaded its neighbors, and accepted territory from a state that did not have the legal power to make the transfer.

If China wants good neighbors, China should act like a good neighbor. Creatign an anti-Indian/anti-US alliance, blocking development aid, trying to foster more military links to encircle India, internal meddling in Indian politics... China has shown by action she is India's enemy no matter what words China speaks.

yang

All what zraver said are worthwhile to be discussed.But we have now put them aside at the moment.

I have got the news that ,the EU may adopt a measure to rescue the recession ,and you guess what is it ?I clearly remember that not a long time ago,the high level government personnel have just blamed US for its irresponsible action which is the rescue package,and US has started printing money.The adoption of the rescue package may good for the operation of US capital market,but it may cause serious inflation,and it can throw his trouble to the rest of the world.
What the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon described the immoral deed:we are driving to the edge of the cliff ,but America is still steping on the gas .
Now,announce the answer:EU may print more euro ,soon.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Great! You print RMBs snd we will some Rupees.
Wish I had one of the dies to print!

yang

Great! You print RMBs snd we will some Rupees.
Wish I had one of the dies to print!
It may be a good idea,so our exchange rate won't increase,but what we hold in our hands are all waste papers,it is so annoying.

zraver

Professional
All what zraver said are worthwhile to be discussed.But we have now put them aside at the moment.
That is called sidestepping the issue.

I have got the news that ,the EU may adopt a measure to rescue the recession ,and you guess what is it ?I clearly remember that not a long time ago,the high level government personnel have just blamed US for its irresponsible action which is the rescue package,and US has started printing money.
The US is not printing money, the US is issuing debt. If you do not understand what the differences are the discussion cannot continue so i will explain.

Printing money not backed by anything such as debt or assets increases the money supply. As the supply of money goes up, the value of each individual note goes down. This causes inflation as people need more and more money to to buy something of the same intrinsic value. This is dangerous and stupid but its not what the US is doing.

What the US is doing is issuing debt, and when that debt is bought using the proceeds to print money. In effect the US is converting forgien currencies into dollars but not increasing the overall global money supply. if there was 50 trillion in cash globally last week, there is still only 50 trillion in cash this week. The danger if such exists is an eventual defualt on the debt, but for the newest debt incurrements that won't even be an issue for 30 years, the recession/depression is now.

To get out of a recession government spending has to go up to compensate for reduced consumer spending, that is the way the market works.

The adoption of the rescue package may good for the operation of US capital market,but it may cause serious inflation,
Debt backed money issuance won't risk inflation. All it is, is a currency transfer not new money creation.

and it can throw his trouble to the rest of the world.
What the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon described the immoral deed:we are driving to the edge of the cliff ,but America is still steping on the gas .
Now,announce the answer:EU may print more euro ,soon.
Are they going to print, or issue debt and print based on the sale of the debt?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles